Entry Information For Capitol Grip Cup

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Entry form for Capitol Grip Cup. Wasn't sure how to attach the form, so just copy this to a word document and mail it to me. Also, please post in this thread if you are coming, so we can plan accordingly.

Sponsors (so far):

Fat Bastard Barbell Company

Diesel Crew

Death Grip

Chris Rice

Saturday, May 8th, 2010

9:00 AM registration start. 10:00 AM contest start.

Balance Gym

@ Thomas Circle

1111 14th Street, NW

Washington, DC 20005

Events:

Grippers (MMS)

2HP - (Euro)

DO axle dead lift for max weight (2" Apollon Axle for da boys, and 1 5/8" for da girls - like Gripmas)

1" vbar

Sledge lever (using Chris' setup version 2)

Medley from Hell

- All events will be rising bar except grippers.

- There will be a men’s' and women’s' division (there may be more if we get a ton of people)

- Because we have a lot of help and a large facility, some events may run concurrently to save time. For instance, the men and women can be doing axle at the same time because they use two different bars.

- Depending on the number of sponsors we get, the entry fee may come down (if this happens after you send in your entry fee, we will refund the difference). Right now it is $40 if you send it before April 15. $50 after April 15th.

Send check for $40 along with this form to:

Mike Rinderle

1444 Vineyard Ct.

Crofton, MD 21114

I, _____________ , will be competing at CGC on May 8th. I am M / F (circle one).

My T-shirt size is ___.

Signature: ____________________________

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rico300zx

• barbe705

• The Chuck

• Shoggoth

Guest Bullitt

Considering the fact that I can not close my HG200 without falling to my knees in pain, I will probably be running events instead of participating in them barring a minor medical miracle. :cry

Considering the fact that I can not close my HG200 without falling to my knees in pain, I will probably be running events instead of participating in them barring a minor medical miracle. :cry

That's the most depressing thing I've heard today. I hope you heal up bro!

If your grippers have dropped that much, you down closer to my level :yikes and i'm competing

Mike I'm in talks with the wife about coming i m susposed to start CNA school that week so I can get a summer job before my nursing clinicals in the fall. Even if I can't compete ill still try to come in with mikeK, he said I could ride with him, if the wife says ok then ill be there with bells and whistles.

Hey remember what I said about the elbow, it'll just take time to heal. So take it easy and you'll be fine when its all over.

Rico

just got the ok, so ill be there, I can't wait to meet everyone. Got to admit though I a little scared I've never competed in a comp like this. Well there's always honerable mention anyway.

Rico

Guest Bullitt

just got the ok, so ill be there, I can't wait to meet everyone. Got to admit though I a little scared I've never competed in a comp like this. Well there's always honerable mention anyway.

Rico

Great news Parris! I have a feeling you are going to surprise yourself. You definitely have a good shot at a podium slot!

Mike, You know I'm in!

With missing the first two weeks of track due to snow and not sure when it will all melt off - I still don't know if I have a track meet that day. I will not do the 1" V-bar no matter what so last place for me - and I'm OK with that if I can make it. It may be a last minute kind of thing - they are still working on the meet schedule.

Guest Bullitt

With missing the first two weeks of track due to snow and not sure when it will all melt off - I still don't know if I have a track meet that day. I will not do the 1" V-bar no matter what so last place for me - and I'm OK with that if I can make it. It may be a last minute kind of thing - they are still working on the meet schedule.

You and I can fight for last, since I will probably be doing everything left handed if I play. Love to have you Chris.

Rico

Haha! If you want the bottom spot you're going to have to earn it cause I'll be sitting there buddy.

Mike what do you have planned for the medley, some times promoters post a pic of the line up, can u do this also or will it be a suprise for everyone, also do u need me to bring anything. Look in my gallery if you see anything let me know. And I can bring it for the medley. How about farmers walk pick up with some weight on there?

Rico

Guest Bullitt

Haven't yet determined what will be in the medley other than the following: 42lb blob, 50 lb blob, fatman blob, sledge deadlift with coin on head, a reverse bend of some kind, 45 hub lift and hub lift on "THE THING". Ask Chuck Carns or Goody about the Thing. It is an evil 50 lb plate with a wiiiide shallow hub. There will be plenty of other stuff in there too, but those are the things I'm sure of at this point. We will have a good mix of stuff from very easy to stupid hard.

will it be 4 attempts on each event?

will it be strongman or percentile scoring?

brent

Guest Bullitt

At this point, the plan is to use percentage scoring and 4 attempts on all events. If we end up with a ton of competitors we may have to drop it to 3 attempts per competitor.

Will we be able to use any of the gym equipment to warm-up with (like the squat rack)?

A pic of THING 1 and proof it can be lifted. Don't tempt Mike into adding THING 2 into the medley :blink

DSC_0043.jpg

Guest Bullitt

Entry forms and $ in:

Brent Barbe

Mary-Ann McKeague

Bobby Goodfellow

Mike Rinderle

Melissa Rinderle

Told me they are coming, might be coming, or are thinking about coming:

Carl Ansera

Parris Janusek

Chris Rice

John Eaton

Chuck Carns

Michelle Carns

Mike Krahling

Zach Coulter

Jason Steeves

Frank Snyder

Matt Brouse

Jedd Johnson (probably not, with the new baby coming)

At least those were the ones that I could remember. Get your entry forms in guys and gals.

Also, I would like to know what your thoughts are on dropping one event to make it run faster. Only respond if you are going to come out to the contest please.

Of these events, which would you vote to drop if we have to kill one?

Grippers

2HP

DO axle deadlift

1" v-bar

Sledge lever

Medley

And Jason, I'm sure we can warm up on the equipment.

Edited by Bullitt

If I had to pick one...it would be Vbar.

If I had to pick one it would be the sledge.

Guest Bullitt

I figured you would vote down vbar for sure Brent. :upsidedwn

1 vote sledge

1 vote grippers

2 votes vbar (I know Chris Rice doesn't want this already) Keep the votes coming.

Thanks for the feedback guys. :)

Considering the fact that I can not close my HG200 without falling to my knees in pain, I will probably be running events instead of participating in them barring a minor medical miracle. crying.gif

Mike, what happened!? I'm not very plugged in lately, sorry if I missed some news unsure.gif

If I had to pick one it would be the sledge.

Hey, dont start :laugh Thats the only thing i will not come in last in.

lets drop grippers

How about ditch the v bar, its a lot of loading and un loading as well, it will save time. Plus I don't even have one to train with. Just a 14" piece of pipe with a cap on the end :(

Rico