Entry Information For Capitol Grip Cup

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Jason is on his way from the Great White North. All the equipment is here and ready to go: Thanks Jedd, Brent, Chris, Chuck, John, etc...

Looking forward to a great contest.

We have 11 confirmed competitors, plus whoever competes from the Crossfit gym where it is being held.

Brent Barbe

Mary-Ann McKeague

Bobby Goodfellow

Mike Rinderle

Melissa Rinderle

Lindsey Rinderle

Mike Krahling

Parris Janusek

Tommy Heslep

Jason Steeves

Chuck Axle Carns

Time for the pre-contest predictions:

I see Tommy, Brent and Parris fighting it out for the podium spots on the men's side and Melissa and Mary-Ann having abother epic battle on the ladies' side.

Personal: Since I've had one grip workout since Gripmas and retweaked my elbow pretty good at Jedd's Saturday, I will predict the following:

Grippers: 150 something (haven't touched a gripper in anger for months).

2HP: 180 (would be thrilled with 20# below my contest max)

300# axle for reps in one minute: 4 would be nice.

1" FBBC v-bar: If not too humid, I think I have 325 in me.

Sledge: No idea, but based on no training and my jacked up right arm, I'll say 14-16#

Medley: Who knows? I'll probably be competing left handed by this point. I will predict that I won't lift the fatman blob or hub the thing. :)

Let's get it on!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rico300zx

• barbe705

• The Chuck

• Shoggoth

Have a great comp everyone! :)

[Go, Melissa! 150 x 5 on axle is awesome!]

Mike, I already made up my intimidation video.

Rico

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHx5GG5JHjU&feature=youtube_gdata

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHx5GG5JHjU&feature=youtube_gdata

Edited by rico300zx

Brent is on a roll. He is getting strong.

Guest Bullitt

Yes, but apparently not strong enough to lift as much as me from the ground on farmer's handles or as big a stone as me either. But other than that, he's getting mighty strong. :whistel

truth of the matter is that I haven't been training at all, I'm up to my eyeballs in finals and just started a new class on Monday, ill basically be showing up for a good time. This contest could not have come at a worse time for me. However I still expect myself to do well, I'm going to try my best and give everyone a good run.

Rico

truth of the matter is that I haven't been training at all, I'm up to my eyeballs in finals and just started a new class on Monday, ill basically be showing up for a good time. This contest could not have come at a worse time for me. However I still expect myself to do well, I'm going to try my best and give everyone a good run.

Rico

Parris - just look at it as being well rested :)

Yes, but apparently not strong enough to lift as much as me from the ground on farmer's handles or as big a stone as me either. But other than that, he's getting mighty strong. :whistel

When mikeK came up my house a couple weeks ago I shouldered my 230# strongman stone then held it there with one hand. Is that what you guys were doing? Or were they natural stones?

Rico

Guest Bullitt

When mikeK came up my house a couple weeks ago I shouldered my 230# strongman stone then held it there with one hand. Is that what you guys were doing? Or were they natural stones?

Rico

220, 240, 280 lb strongman stones.

Yes, but apparently not strong enough to lift as much as me from the ground on farmer's handles or as big a stone as me either. But other than that, he's getting mighty strong. whistling.gif

Rico

Mike you have been squatting havent you? I knew i shouldnt have gave you all my secrets. heres another one you dont know about its dedicated to you climber, john eaton and mikeK.

fresh off the grill.

rico

new 2hp PB 210#

and

some half ass DO deads, worse than i did the other day but hopefully ill do better at the CGC, my bar is 48lbs...... I WEIGHED IT

I hear Mike has one of those Canadien fellas at his house right now.....traitor!! :upsidedwn

Yes, but apparently not strong enough to lift as much as me from the ground on farmer's handles or as big a stone as me either. But other than that, he's getting mighty strong. whistling.gif

Rico

Mike you have been squatting havent you? I knew i shouldnt have gave you all my secrets. heres another one you dont know about its dedicated to you climber, john eaton and mikeK.

fresh off the grill.

rico

new 2hp PB 210#

and

some half ass DO deads, worse than i did the other day but hopefully ill do better at the CGC, my bar is 48lbs...... I WEIGHED IT

Are you the same guy who was worrying about how to prepare for his first grip contest? :blush I don't think you have much to worry about big guy - that's some fine lifting there!

Mike, Which part of the gym are we gonna be in? The training studio or one of the floors of the main gym?

Guest Bullitt

Mike, Which part of the gym are we gonna be in? The training studio or one of the floors of the main gym?

Beats theheck out of me. Goody is the logistics man. Jason, Goody, you and I will be setting up this Friday at 1PM, so we can check it all out.

Excellent! Wanna meet at your place and head up from there or meet at the gym?

Rico

not training at all sure seems to provide a lot of video of lifts.

Rico

not training at all sure seems to provide a lot of video of lifts.

That's just screwing around Brent, nothing serious for me or constructive.

Rico

Guest Bullitt

Jason and I got in a little grip workout tonight after walking around DC for 6 hours (quite the sunburn :blush ). Tried grippers for the first time in 4 months and was pleasantly surprised. Even with the bum elbow I was able to close the 181. Jason closed the 169 3.5. I got 11 reps with 302 on the axle and Jason got 8. We both pulled somewhere around 200 on the 2HP without much trouble. We stopped there as we will be getting quite a workout carrying crap to the venue over the next few days and my elbow is killing me. Good luck everyone. Can't wait for the contest! :mosher

Jason and I got in a little grip workout tonight after walking around DC for 6 hours (quite the sunburn blush.gif ). Tried grippers for the first time in 4 months and was pleasantly surprised. Even with the bum elbow I was able to close the 181. Jason closed the 169 3.5. I got 11 reps with 302 on the axle and Jason got 8. We both pulled somewhere around 200 on the 2HP without much trouble. We stopped there as we will be getting quite a workout carrying crap to the venue over the next few days and my elbow is killing me. Good luck everyone. Can't wait for the contest! mosher.gif

Wow Mike, very nice! Did you close the 181 MMS? Hell yeah man, that's a super close!

Great numbers guys!

Rico

Guest Bullitt

We were just messin with ya Parris. I just missed my 169 and we didn't even do axle (Was extremely happy I am around 169 still. Only 9-10 lbs below where I was before I got hurt back in early January. Stopped at 160 or so for 2HP. I just wanted to see if I could still close a gripper.

Weights are all calibrated for the contest.

Edited by Bullitt

Ha! Game time starting early in D.C.! laugh.gif

You know I almost was going to tell you about the wedding I forgot about on sat. Jagoffs

Yo I'm close to York. You shoulda call me!

Rico

Guest Bullitt

Great gym for a grip contest. Rubber floors, tons of room, squat racks to warm up...

They are even going to grill out and feed us. Sounds like channel 9 news may also be there filming us. Parking on the street should not be a problem on Saturday morning I am told. Everybody travel safe. Should be a great time.

One prediction: Nobody will lift the GLOB during the medley.