BB 5/8's overcrushes rh/lh

Love the BB 5/8's!! Hate the #3 :whistel

1/13 push presses:

barx20

135x3

185x3

245x3

275x1(PR)

Going to incline bench for the next 2 weeks now....

Guest Bullitt

1/12 Grippers:

hg150 and inverted

hg250( no set) 3 closes each hand

RB240 (no set) 2 closes right, 2 left

RB260(choked parallel) 2 closes rh/lh

a few HUGE misses on the #3

BB 5/8's overcrushes rh/lh

Love the BB 5/8's!! Hate the #3 :whistel

1/13 push presses:

barx20

135x3

185x3

245x3

275x1(PR)

Going to incline bench for the next 2 weeks now....

Nice job on the PR!!! That #3 will be your bitch before the end of the year. :mosher

Thanks Mike! Just need to learn to set the damn thing better! I fight so much on that part, I wanna throw it out the door into the bay!

1/16 Light squats and Grippers:

135x10

225x5

275x5

315x3

Grippers:

warmup- coc Trainer and hg 250

BB-SM 5 closes Rh

BB-SM 2 full closes lh, 3 assisted

BB-A 5/8'S 5 Overcrushes(each hand)

Thanks for all your help Mike!

Guest Bullitt

1/16 Light squats and Grippers:

135x10

225x5

275x5

315x3

Grippers:

warmup- coc Trainer and hg 250

BB-SM 5 closes Rh

BB-SM 2 full closes lh, 3 assisted

BB-A 5/8'S 5 Overcrushes(each hand)

Thanks for all your help Mike!

No problem bro. Good workout!

1/18: Bench:(little speed,little max effort)

Diy Bamboo barx20

135x3

135x3(medium Bands)

185x3(medium bands)

225x3(strong bands)

245x3(strong bands)

Heavy band pressdowns:100 reps

skullcrushers:3x8

Rows:3x6

misc:Traps,delts, rear delts,abs,calves

Monday 1/18: Grippers

Pretty crappy workout as my hands were still very sore from Saturday. Gonna rest 'em till Thursday...

Warmup with coc Trainer and hg 250

5 Singles:

Rb 240n RH/LH

Rb260n RH/LH (assisted,this is a hard 260!)

BBSM RH/LH

BBSM RH/LH(Assisted :angry:)

BBSM RH(BARELY)/LH (ASSISTED)

BFN'S WITH BBGM, tried with coc#3, but couldn't set it well.

Wednesday: Incline bench(close grip up to 275) and choked grippers

barx20

135x3

185x3

225x3

275x3

315x3

Blasted my tri's because.... well, I was in the mood for some reason. Rear delts,lateral raises,shrugs,little back(I hate rows)

Grippers:

warmup-hg200,250

Choked:

RB240n x1

RB260n x1

BB-SM X1

BB-SM X1

BB-GM X1(Assisted)

Coc#3 x1(Assisted)

Couple no set closes on the BB-A 5/8'S

Rawbench I see you have impresive Bench Press numbers and for some workouts you use speed reps.

Do speed reps really help to reach a bigger 1Rep Max and how often you use them in your program?

Do you use a certain percentage of your max weight or you change it like doing a cycle?

Sorry for the ammount of questions... :blush and nice work with the grippers!

Rawbench I see you have impresive Bench Press numbers and for some workouts you use speed reps.

Do speed reps really help to reach a bigger 1Rep Max and how often you use them in your program?

Do you use a certain percentage of your max weight or you change it like doing a cycle?

No problem Manthos:

I do bench 2 days p/week... 1 speed day at 40-55% of my max depending on how I'm feeling. And one Max effort day which is either heavy bench,incline,push presses,board presses,or floor presses. I switch the ME days every 3 weeks or so and vary band strength sometimes on speed. Also, yes, speed reps help a ton! They help you increase the amount of time from point a to point b. Any amount of time you can shave off a heavy bench, makes it an easier lift.

Chris

Guest Bullitt

Great stuff Chris! That GM will fall in no time!

Speed bench day for me tonight. I'm thinking 135 for triples. I'll tape these so you can tell me if i'm doing them correctly.

Speed bench day for me tonight. I'm thinking 135 for triples. I'll tape these so you can tell me if i'm doing them correctly.

Cool Mike! try the 135 for a few sets and have melissa time each last rep and take an average. Then jump to 145 and have her time them again. But to really increase your speed, your gonna need bands man. I have a pair if you need to use 'em man....... :mosher

Guest Bullitt

Cool Mike! try the 135 for a few sets and have melissa time each last rep and take an average. Then jump to 145 and have her time them again. But to really increase your speed, your gonna need bands man. I have a pair if you need to use 'em man....... :mosher

That sounds awesome! I'll shoot you a picture of my bench tonight. I'm not sure if or how i would attach them to this thing.

That sounds awesome! I'll shoot you a picture of my bench tonight. I'm not sure if or how i would attach them to this thing.

If your bench has feet on each side where the weight(s) are, you can attach one side under those and the other up around the bar. The ones I have are 70 lbs each at the top and about 40 on the bottom. You won't believe how fast you HAVE to be on these!

1/21:2.5" Crusher and 1" Vbar

Crusher:

57x5

82x3

107x1

112x1

Vbar:

167x1

192x1

217x1

237x1

262x1 (hands were on fire)

272x1(And the skin ripped again).

Guest Bullitt

Crusher:

57x5

82x3

107x1

112x1

Vbar:

167x1

192x1

217x1

237x1

You have to keep an eye on the spot between middle and ring finger. When it gets hot, stop or lose skin. Nice pulls though bro!

Crusher:

57x5

82x3

107x1

112x1

Vbar:

167x1

192x1

217x1

237x1

You have to keep an eye on the spot between middle and ring finger. When it gets hot, stop or lose skin. Nice pulls though bro!

Must have been the Nose Tork man! :rock

Friday 1/22:Grippers

Warmup: Coc T AND HG 250

RB240N X1

RB260N X1

BBSM X1

BBSM X1

BBGM X1(assisted)

Overcrushes on BBA 5/8'S X5

Awaiting my BBE Extended handle from Wade to really hit those bfn's/Neg's!

Friday 1/22:Grippers

Warmup: Coc T AND HG 250

RB240N X1

RB260N X1

BBSM X1

BBSM X1

BBGM X1(assisted)

Overcrushes on BBA 5/8'S X5

Awaiting my BBE Extended handle from Wade to really hit those bfn's/Neg's!

No problem Manthos:

I do bench 2 days p/week... 1 speed day at 40-55% of my max depending on how I'm feeling. And one Max effort day which is either heavy bench,incline,push presses,board presses,or floor presses. I switch the ME days every 3 weeks or so and vary band strength sometimes on speed. Also, yes, speed reps help a ton! They help you increase the amount of time from point a to point b. Any amount of time you can shave off a heavy bench, makes it an easier lift.

Chris

Chris first I want to thank you for the info and I think I will try speed reps. Now if you could inform me at something else...if I follow exactly my routine, I do bench 1 day every 10 to 12 days. Do you think I could do one normal and one speed as it is -every 10 to 12 days- or I should add a speed day somewhere in the middle, say I bench on day 1 and I speed bench at day 5 after my, for example, Snatch session? How exactly is a speed rep...?...slow negative and fast push or the negative must be the same fast as the push?Oh and a last question... :help:inno ...What about number of sets and reps?? :blush :blush :help

No problem Manthos:

Chris

Chris first I want to thank you for the info and I think I will try speed reps. Now if you could inform me at something else...if I follow exactly my routine, I do bench 1 day every 10 to 12 days. Do you think I could do one normal and one speed as it is -every 10 to 12 days- or I should add a speed day somewhere in the middle, say I bench on day 1 and I speed bench at day 5 after my, for example, Snatch session? How exactly is a speed rep...?...slow negative and fast push or the negative must be the same fast as the push?Oh and a last question... :help:inno ...What about number of sets and reps?? :blush :blush :help

Manthos,

Your speed days and Max days should be no more than 72hrs apart(3 days) due to shocking the CNS. On speed days, 5-8 sets of 3 reps with 45 second rest between sets is excellent! Max days: 5-7 sets of 3 reps with 2-3 minutes of rest between sets . Speed should be 45% of max lift, Max should be 85% of your max lift. Speed reps are just that... "SPEED"! As fast as you can lift it while keeping proper form. As far as the Snatch, I have no clue on olympic lifts bro and wouldn't want to give you any incorrect info on those. Any other questions, feel free to ask and I hope this helps a bit

1/24: Speed day Bench

Dialed it down a bit today as I did a ton of yard work,etc!

Diy bamboo barx20

135x3

185x3

185x3

225x3

225x3(medium bands)

Tri's(hit 'em hard cause I love working 'em)

Jm presses 3x8

Tate presses 2x8

Band pressdowns 100 total reps(2 Jumpstretch monster mini bands)

Lateral raises,rear delts,back,traps

No problem Manthos:

Chris

Manthos,

Your speed days and Max days should be no more than 72hrs apart(3 days) due to shocking the CNS. On speed days, 5-8 sets of 3 reps with 45 second rest between sets is excellent! Max days: 5-7 sets of 3 reps with 2-3 minutes of rest between sets . Speed should be 45% of max lift, Max should be 85% of your max lift. Speed reps are just that... "SPEED"! As fast as you can lift it while keeping proper form. As far as the Snatch, I have no clue on olympic lifts bro and wouldn't want to give you any incorrect info on those. Any other questions, feel free to ask and I hope this helps a bit

Thank you Chris for all the information and keep up the good work my friend! :rock