speed pulls with Monster Mini bands:

135x2

225x2

Conventional:

315x2

405x1

455x1

475x1

Finished up with some core work and some Jump exercises with 20 lb ankle weights.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cwdutton

• MANTHOS

• Shoggoth

• Joefrey

Got my days a tad mixed up... Actually did pulls on 12/5... yesterday I did speed bench 12/7

diy bamboo bar 3x8

185x3(medium bands)

225x3(medium bands)

tri's,back, and misc.

Got my 2" FBBC dumbell from Grant, so went to town....

1 handed pinch, 2 handed pinch, diy softball pinch

Then came the dumbell..... ummm yeah, until I dropped a 45lb plate on my foot :whacked

Needless to say I'm gonna start wearing steel toe boots when doing any pinching as this is the 2nd time in a month I did this!

I did order my 2.5" crusher from John at FBBC, and It should ship tomorrow!!

Been off on posting in here for a week or so..... I'll start with Monday 12/14:

Grippers

hg100 8 reps lh/rh

hg200 3 reps lh/rh

hg250 4 reps rh/ 2 reps lh

hg 150 failure

Tuesday 12/15:

Diy softball pinch

30x1

37.5x1

42.5x1

45x1

2 hand pinch

90x1

115x1

135x1

145x1

Vbar

147x1 (10 sec hold)

182x1

227x1

267x1( new pr) Feel like I have at least 5-10 lbs more in me, but that's it..

Guest Bullitt

Great stuff. That's a damn fine 1" vbar pull bro! You will hit 300 before you know it. The numbers go up really fast on that exercise.

Missed the question on the crusher earlier. Don't have that or an RT. Talk to Iroc-Z on the board. He owns both I think.

Edited by Bullitt

Great stuff. That's a damn fine 1" vbar pull bro! You will hit 300 before you know it. The numbers go up really fast on that exercise.

Missed the question on the crusher earlier. Don't have that or an RT. Talk to Iroc-Z on the board. He owns both I think.

Thanks Mike! The gains have come super fast on that thing! Hopefully the crusher will too... I'm hoping to get at least 100 lbs on it to start, but who knows.... I guess John had a hold up from his welder on that damn thing! Been 2 weeks since I ordered it! Nice job at Gripmas man especially that 2 handed pinch.

Friday 12/18

One handed pulls with 2" Fbbc dumbell:

90lbs lh/rh

120 lbs lh/rh

150 lbs lh/rh

175 lbs lh/rh

This is my 1st time doing 1 handed pulls with a dumbell and man, what a workout.

couple easy lifts with my 25 lb baby blob with 2&3 fingers+thumb

Grippers after were VERY strong to my surprise:

hg150 3 reps, 3 reps inverted rh/lh

hg200 3 reps lh/rh and 2 overcrushes lh/rh

hg250 5 reps rh, 2.75 lh :blush

Finished off with some overcrushes on the hg 200 and 150. I believe I really need to work on the ring and pinky fingers on the close. Thinkking of grabbing a bb 5/8" gripper or a tug? What do you guys think?

Sunday 12/20:

Speed bench:

Indian club warmup

Diy bamboo bar 2x8

135x3(medium bands)

185x3(medium bands)

225x3(medium bands)

The usual tri's, back,misc work.

Some sledge work

Walked around all day with 20lb ankle weights on while crushing my fantasy foe in the playoffs! Thank God Peterson and Johnson had an "off game".

2.5" crusher should be her this week!! Along with my fiances 15lb baby blob :yikes

Guest Bullitt

I find that the grippers really work my ring and pinky a ton by themselves. I haven't done any specific work with tugs or anything.

Nice job getting the future Mrs. involved. :D

I find that the grippers really work my ring and pinky a ton by themselves. I haven't done any specific work with tugs or anything.

Nice job getting the future Mrs. involved. :D

Haha, trying my best to get her involved Mike. She does more cardio the I ever could at my old age, but she was actually mad she couldn't get any air on the 25 lb blob I have, so I ordered her up a small one.

I agree with you on grippers working the ring and pinky well, but mine are pretty weak as I fractured both pinkies a few times in college playing ball and never had the set, so I think a little extra work on those little guys might help? I don't know...... But those bb 5/8" handle grippers look tempting!

Took some more Vacation at work(the whole week actually), home till January 4th..... Did some 1 handed pinch,2handed pinch, and some more blob lifts today.

1 hp(with a softball):

30lbs,35,lbs,37.5lbs,45lbs(um, little air),40lbs

2hp:

90lbs,110lbs,130lbs,150lbs,155lbs,157.5(almost)

Need and want a euro pinch to train on the "real deal"!

25lb baby blob lift with 2&3 fingers

Fiances 15lb fetus blob ring and pinky finger lifts

To my surprise, my 2.5" crusher is being delivered today instead of tomorrow!!! Thanks John at Fbbc for putting up with my impatience and to Ups who was proven to me they no longer have to be called "oops"

haha awesome workouts man..that 2.5" crusher is a monster. I struggle with that beast myself. If you can get good on that you'll slay some thickbar!

haha awesome workouts man..that 2.5" crusher is a monster. I struggle with that beast myself. If you can get good on that you'll slay some thickbar!

Thanks man! Yeah, can't wait to get the bad boy! Gonna lift all day with it! :mosher

Wednesday 12/23

Decided to do some incline bench on my M.E day to keep my body in check. Also got the Fbbc 2.5' crusher from John, so you guys know what that means....

Sledgehammer swings for warmup

Incline Bench:

135x3

185x3

225x3

275x3

315x3

The usual tri's, back, misc, and core work.

I didn't do too much on the crusher, but this thing is a beast!

82lbsx1

102lbs

117lbs

I was pretty tired after that, but I'll try again to get up to the 130's-140's later this week...... I love that thing!!! Also, had to order me up a few RB narrow grippers from John, and bought a 32.5 Blob, so got a few goodies on my way!

Thanks,

Chris

12/27:

Decided to drop down to 1 day benching a week for awhile to work on some push presses as my shoulders are pretty weak compared to my tri's.

Did some 1 handed dumbell pulls and axle pulls do today:

2' fbbc dumbell:

90x2-rh/lh

140x1-rh/lh

160x1-Rh only

Axle bar do pulls:

135x1

185x1

225x1

2.5" Crusher(What a beast)

77x1-rh/lh

97x1-rh/lh

117x1 Rh only

I'm waiting to work grippers till I get my Rb narrows from John. Doing push presses Thursday, speed bench tomorrow, and pinch grip/grippers Tuesday or Wednesday

Man, I stink at updating this thing :blush.....

12/31:Doing push presses on my me bench days for 3 weeks

Push presses:

barx20

135x5

185x3

185x3

225x3

Mixed in some shrugs, some core work, and hammer curls

Been so long since I've done these and my shoulders are much weaker than my tri's! Overall, pretty impressed with 'em tonight.

Gippers , blob(s), and wrist roller

hg 150x10 rh/lh

hg 200x10 rh/lh

hg 250x7 rh x 4.25 lh

hg 250x2 overcrush rh/lh

Pleased with my workout on grippers!! Waiting for my rb 260 and 280n's from Fbbc and then comes the coc #3 baby!

mixed in some blob work with my new 32.5 lb'r.... did 10 reps up and down.... Probably buy a 40 lb'r soon :blush Finished off with my little baby 25 lb'r for pinky and thumb

Wrist roller:

90lbs x 3

1/1 Pulls; 1/3 speed bench,blobs

1/6: Push presses and grippers

Feeling much better on these:

barx20

135x5

185x3

225x3

255x3

Core work,a little tri's, back, hammer curls

Going for 275 for a double next week!

hg1501x15, 1x15 inverted rh/lh (no set)

hg200 overcrushes and strap holds rh/lh (no set)

hg250 5 no set closes rh, 3 lh

hg250 3 overcrushes rh/2lh

Grippers are feeling great, my 2hp still stinks in my book, so I'll put a bit more focus on that next week.

Got an Rb240n and 260n on the way, but here's my dilemma: Should I order the hg300 or shoot for the Coc #3? I don't care about the certification, but according to Wade, the Hg300 is harder than the #3?? Is this true? Anyone have both that can share a piece of info on them.....

Guest Bullitt

barx20

135x5

185x3

225x3

255x3

Grippers are feeling great, my 2hp still stinks in my book, so I'll put a bit more focus on that next week.

Got an Rb240n and 260n on the way, but here's my dilemma: Should I order the hg300 or shoot for the Coc #3? I don't care about the certification, but according to Wade, the Hg300 is harder than the #3?? Is this true? Anyone have both that can share a piece of info on them.....

The HG300 may be harder or easier than a #3 when you get it. They vary quite a bit. Usually probably a bit harder out of the package, however, the HGs really season. Most 300s end up easier than a #3 in my experience (Hammy had a mutant 300 that Frank calibrated that was like a 3.5 if i remember right - crazy variance). Heck, the filed HG350 I got from Ryan Johnson calibrated at 157 (harder #3). Unfiled, it would have come in at around 147 (easier #3).

Now that you know that you will be doing this for a while, I would make the investment and get the CoC #3. You will get a chance at some point to close a 300, but closing a #3 is a BIG deal. Just my 5 cents. :)

barx20

135x5

185x3

225x3

255x3

The HG300 may be harder or easier than a #3 when you get it. They vary quite a bit. Usually probably a bit harder out of the package, however, the HGs really season. Most 300s end up easier than a #3 in my experience (Hammy had a mutant 300 that Frank calibrated that was like a 3.5 if i remember right - crazy variance). Heck, the filed HG350 I got from Ryan Johnson calibrated at 157 (harder #3). Unfiled, it would have come in at around 147 (easier #3).

Now that you know that you will be doing this for a while, I would make the investment and get the CoC #3. You will get a chance at some point to close a 300, but closing a #3 is a BIG deal. Just my 5 cents. :)

I can always count on you Mike to stray me in the right direction.... I'll be ordering the #3 today :mosher

Along with some BB 5/8's grippers to make me feel better about ordering a gripper I can't close :blush. Nah, that is a goal for me to someday shut it, so good call! With Wade was on Amazon, got a damn giftcard I haven't used in 9 months just chillin

Guest Bullitt

barx20

135x5

185x3

225x3

255x3

I can always count on you Mike to stray me in the right direction.... I'll be ordering the #3 today :mosher

Along with some BB 5/8's grippers to make me feel better about ordering a gripper I can't close :blush. Nah, that is a goal for me to someday shut it, so good call! With Wade was on Amazon, got a damn giftcard I haven't used in 9 months just chillin

I don't think I've ever bought a new gripper I could close at the time (other than the HG200 and 250). Motivates you. So far I ended up closing everyone of them eventually. This new #4 I got at 211# may be a whole other story though. HAHA

barx20

135x5

185x3

225x3

255x3

I don't think I've ever bought a new gripper I could close at the time (other than the HG200 and 250).

Motivates you. So far I ended up closing everyone of them eventually. This new #4 I got at 211# may be a whole other story though. HAHA

I hear ya man..... I need that coinfidence booster though on this grip thing as I'm pretty weak.... Getting better though for only doing it 2.5 months

Guest Bullitt

barx20

135x5

185x3

225x3

255x3

I don't think I've ever bought a new gripper I could close at the time (other than the HG200 and 250).

Motivates you. So far I ended up closing everyone of them eventually. This new #4 I got at 211# may be a whole other story though. HAHA

I hear ya man..... I need that coinfidence booster though on this grip thing as I'm pretty weak.... Getting better though for only doing it 2.5 months

Yea, you definitely need some grippers you can close. They can't all be goal grippers. :laugh The 5/8 grippers will be great for you. Going beyond the normal range is great for strengthening the last little bit of the close. Keep it up man, you're doing great!

1/8 Pulls:

Ripped the skin on my ring finger yesterday doing Vbar, so went fairly light....

2.5" crusher

52x3rh/lh

82x2 rh/lh

112 rh (PR)

Axle do:

120x1

210x1

230x1

Few blob lifts and overcrushes on the hg250

1/11

Speed bench(and a little Me mixed in )

Diy bamboo barx20

135x5

185x3 (medium bands)

225x3 (medium bands)

225x3 (medium bands)

225x3 (hard bands:405 at the top,315 at bottom)

245x2 (hard bands)

light tri's as I did 4 sets close grip on bench

back,calves,core,delts

BB 5/8's grippers arrive today, so will hit some grippers tonight with my new workout from Mike! coc #3 in the mail for Thursday!

Guest Bullitt

1/11

Speed bench(and a little Me mixed in )

Diy bamboo barx20

135x5

185x3 (medium bands)

225x3 (medium bands)

225x3 (medium bands)

225x3 (hard bands:405 at the top,315 at bottom)

245x2 (hard bands)

light tri's as I did 4 sets close grip on bench

back,calves,core,delts

BB 5/8's grippers arrive today, so will hit some grippers tonight with my new workout from Mike! coc #3 in the mail for Thursday!

Good stuff bro! Let me know how the grippers go.