Race To 400# On The Do Axle Dl

acorn

Had a good workout today. Tim and his friend made it over. Managed to get 217# RH on the 1H axle, 190 LH, and 400.4# for the DO axle DL all on video. Will get the videos up later. Really happy with the lifts today as I've been fighting sciatica for over a week and its worst in the morning. I actually missed at 350# on the warmup first attempt due to my back. After that I managed to grind it out up to the 400.4# first attempt missing lockout by about 1". An hour of digging in the garden after that managed to warmup and loosen up my back enough to come back an get the 400.4# finally. Also did a few grippers and some pinch before the thickbar as well as some attempts on Blob+15# after the thickbar getting some decent air.

- Aaron

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acorn

• Magnus

• CoC#3

• The Natural

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bullitt

Had a good workout today. Tim and his friend made it over. Managed to get 217# RH on the 1H axle, 190 LH, and 400.4# for the DO axle DL all on video. Will get the videos up later. Really happy with the lifts today as I've been fighting sciatica for over a week and its worst in the morning. I actually missed at 350# on the warmup first attempt due to my back. After that I managed to grind it out up to the 400.4# first attempt missing lockout by about 1". An hour of digging in the garden after that managed to warmup and loosen up my back enough to come back an get the 400.4# finally. Also did a few grippers and some pinch before the thickbar as well as some attempts on Blob+15# after the thickbar getting some decent air.

- Aaron

Great stuff Aaron! Congrats on 400!!!! :mosher Also, WTF? You are increasing your 1 arm axle 10 lbs every time you train it. :blink

- Aaron

Great stuff Aaron! Congrats on 400!!!! :mosher Also, WTF? You are increasing your 1 arm axle 10 lbs every time you train it. :blink

Thx man, not true though. I'm not posting every 1H workout. Some of the sessions are not even what you would call a workout just walk up and do one or 2 pulls or one or 2 negs then walk away. Those are what I've been considering the off days. been doing 1-2 sessions like this most every day for the last 25 days unless I do a longer full training session which were 5+ days a week for the first 2 weeks then less full sessions tapering down after that. The weights have been slowly incrementing up a little at a time. Very similiar to Pavel's GTG method.

- Aaron

Thanks Sam.

Here is the 400.4# Axle DL

1H Axle DL 190# LH

Edited by acorn

Thanks Sam.

1H Axle DL 190# LH

Nice Aaron!

Thanks Sam.

1H Axle DL 190# LH

Nice Aaron!

Great pulls Aaron!

Looks like my work is starting to pay off. After squatting today, i warmed up with 165, 250, 340 then i did 374x2x1. 374 was an easy PR, and i pulled it for 2 singles aswell. The first felt like i had 10# to spare, the second was a little harder. Afterwards i did 340 for a double, followed by a few shrugs at the top on the second rep. I'm feeling confident about getting 180kg(396) at Christmas now, and possibly 400#.

Guest Bullitt

Great pulls Aaron!

Looks like my work is starting to pay off. After squatting today, i warmed up with 165, 250, 340 then i did 374x2x1. 374 was an easy PR, and i pulled it for 2 singles aswell. The first felt like i had 10# to spare, the second was a little harder. Afterwards i did 340 for a double, followed by a few shrugs at the top on the second rep. I'm feeling confident about getting 180kg(396) at Christmas now, and possibly 400#.

Awesome work Sam! Great PR buddy! :mosher

Current PR's

Timo 407.9#

Aaron 400.4#

Rex 386#

Matt 385#

Frank 384#

Sam 374#

Brent 363#

Mike 340#

Thanks Aaron! It's always nice when you make progress on your worst lifts, but i'm still not gonna be happy until i get 400#!

Edited by CoC#3

Current PR's

Timo 407.9#

Aaron 400.4#

Rex 386#

Matt 385#

Frank 384#

Sam 374#

Brent 363#

Mike 340#

Good job Aaron!!! Nice improvement on 1H axle DL also, keep it up!

Guest Bullitt

Kind of stuck where I have been for 3 weeks. Couldn't get 345 DO or 200 one armed AGAIN! May take a week off of fatbar and come back and hit it fresh.

Mike give multiple singles a go!

I tested this lift this morning to see if i could pull a new max. Here's how it went.

250x1

300x1

341x1

385x0 - just missed lockout, axle rolled towards my thumbs and i held on for 1-2 secs in more of a 'pinch type grip' before i lost it.

341x3 (PR)

352x2 (PR)

363x1

Should have gone for 380 instead. Next time i'm dropping to 370 and doing 6 singles.

• 2 weeks later...

396x1 (the 2nd rep stalled around the knees).

this is a different axle, it is a 1.9'' slick scaffolding tube instead.

Guest Bullitt

400 is there mate. Thought you were going to get that second rep. That's where i get my 1st rep to with 350. :blush

Sweet! Congrats on the PR!

Guest Bullitt

After grippers and block weights I did some axle pulls. Back has been a little suspect last couple days, so I didn't go for a 1RM. Instead I went for a different test. Back at the end of August, I was in the Lift at Jedd's qualifyer for the Grip Nationals. One of the events was number of times you could pull 300 DO on the axle in 1 minute. Sadly to say, my number was 1. :blush:cry

Tonight:

110X3

180X1

250X1

300X4 in exactly 1 minute

Edited by Bullitt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't remember if he hook gripped that or not. Matt Graham pulled around 540lbs hooked back in the early 2000s in a contest.

I'm in the process of welding up an axle, so I'm in as soon as it is finished.

Brent C.