Race To 400# On The Do Axle Dl

acorn

Rex, your sarcasm knows no bounds. :tongue:trout

- Aaron

I was expecting something like this to come... :whistel

Cam we make this race more interesting; let's see who ( from this 8 gripster crew ) increases his PR most in pounds with some time period! 3months perhaps...??? :mosher

maybe then will avoid sarcasmic comments... :rolleyes

about axle training diary, will not exercise any grip strength until fully recovered from Finnish open 2009...

PS. please accept my apologies if somebody understanded my earlier comment as despising to this race or other contestants of this race. It was not supposed to be taken that way, i'm such a newbie since trained grip only 8-9months...

Sounds good to me. My goal is 400#+ but biggest increase sounds like an excellent idea. No apology necessary for me. Also it may be easier in the long run to ignore Rex's comments like I do. It makes for a much better day.

:mosher

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acorn

• Magnus

• CoC#3

• The Natural

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good to me. My goal is 400#+ but biggest increase sounds like an excellent idea. No apology necessary for me. Also it may be easier in the long run to ignore Rex's comments like I do. It makes for a much better day.

:mosher

- Aaron

Took it with humor, in cold and dark Finland we deal with sarcasm everyday.. :laugh

Sounds good to me. My goal is 400#+ but biggest increase sounds like an excellent idea.

As long as we're still allowing others to join the race, that's not an excellent idea. Instead of it being a test of hard work and training sophistication, it will become little more than a test of who is the newest to grip. For any newbie out there who wants to win this, join the race, train half-heartedly just once a week, and add 50 pounds to your axle in 3 months. You'll be a shoe in.

-Rex

Sounds good to me. My goal is 400#+ but biggest increase sounds like an excellent idea.

As long as we're still allowing others to join the race, that's not an excellent idea. Instead of it being a test of hard work and training sophistication, it will become little more than a test of who is the newest to grip. For any newbie out there who wants to win this, join the race, train half-heartedly just once a week, and add 50 pounds to your axle in 3 months. You'll be a shoe in.

-Rex

Yep i have to agree, that's why i said from this 8 gripster crew...

Let's put it this way?

Priority #1 biggest pr ( Axle or fatbar ) increase from this original cripster crew of 8. Video required.

Priority #2, open race to 400lb. Video required.

Edited by Timo Tuukkanen ( Finland )

-Rex

Yep i have to agree, that's why i said from this 8 gripster crew...

Let's put it this way?

Priority #1 biggest pr ( Axle or fatbar ) increase from this original cripster crew of 8. Video required.

Priority #2, open race to 400lb. Video required.

Sounds good to me.

-Rex

Unplanned workout today but couldnt resist the loaded bar when I walked past it at lunchtime.

1H Axle DL Negs

2x1x215# Each hand

1H Axle DL

LH few singles up to 1x175# PR 7#

RH few singels up to 1x198# PR 3#, miss @ 201#

also closed hard filed BBE for a couple reps RH

- Aaron

Guest Bullitt

Since I'm furthest away from 400, obviously I like.

Hit the axle yesterday. Hands just never felt right.

110 X 6

180 X 4

250 X 3

300 X 1

320 X 1

355 X miss

345 X miss

Then I did a max attempt on 1 arm axle DLs

R/H: 200 X miss. Got a bunch of air but it was spinning out so I aborterd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42PsBTkDx_o

L/H: 170 X miss.

Finished off with some oly bar deadlifts and kettlebell swings with my 60 pounder.

Did some high pulls and farmer's walk with the Inch last night. Left hand is far ahead of right hand. For a while there I thought they were balancing out in terms of support strength in general, but the Inch is it's own deal, so who knows. only managed a half pull with the RH.

Managed to get 391 on the DO axle during the workout today. Got video of 386 pull but when I reviewed the video of the 391 pull Tim didnt hit the start button on the camera until after the lift, missing hitting it before. No worries will get that again later

Will post workout later today when I have time.

- Aaron

Managed to get 391 on the DO axle during the workout today. Got video of 386 pull but when I reviewed the video of the 391 pull Tim didnt hit the start button on the camera until after the lift, missing hitting it before. No worries will get that again later

Will post workout later today when I have time.

- Aaron

Workout from today. Start of week 2 of War on thick bar. Very happy with the Axle PRs and a few other items. Forearms feeling good and worked now.

Grippers - Nothin special Up to Easy #3.5 RH, and Easy #3 LH

Pinch

2HP 54mm up to 160# taking off alternating hands momentarily on each lift maybe 6 sets

Negs 110# w/about 4-5sec hold

1HP with euro tosses hand to hand 60# 2sets of 6 tosses

1HP with euro front raises x 2 BH

Hub

1x45# 2fingers + thumb BH

1x45# index+thumb RH

1x45#+5# BH

1x45#+10# RH

1x45#+22# RH PR

1x45#+32# RH with Vid PR

1x45# index+thumb for video RH

Axle

1H Neg 215# BH

DO High pulls 2x 195#

DO Axle DL 1x215, 1x304, 1x355, 1x376, 1x386 (PR), 1x391 (PR)

1H Axle DL 6x1x170# LH, 6x1x191# RH

1H Axle DL Negs 2x1x191# LH, 2x1x206# RH

DU Axle DL 5x1x235# (last rep did 5x bent over rows)

Pinch block (thumb blaster) front raise holds

LH 9 3/8# + LP 10sec

RH 10.25# + LP 10sec

Thumbless Axle Hack Squats

2x3x235#

- Aaron

Only 9 pounds away from achieving the goal acorn.Btw, I know that the axle is 2 inches thick,but I don't know how heavy it is.Can someone of you guys enlighten me with that info?

Only 9 pounds away from achieving the goal acorn.Btw, I know that the axle is 2 inches thick,but I don't know how heavy it is.Can someone of you guys enlighten me with that info?

Thx! The Ironmind Axle (which is what I'm using) is 15Kg or 33#

-Aaron

More of the same yesterday 1H Axle DL, DU Axle DL, Single Hand - Double KB swings + weight. Pretty sore today. :mosher

Closed a couple grippers today, Did 1x 1H Axle DL Neg RH 235#

Are any of you other guys even training for this? Not seeing any workouts except for mine and Bullit's, and if that keeps up I'll stop posting mine too.

- Aaron

Guest Bullitt

No thickbar today, but since i had never even pulled 400 on an oly bar, I figured I better make sure i could do that. Didn't have enough weight plates, and money is a bit tight, so I just duct taped two 20lb kettlebells to the bar and pulled 405. That's a 25 lb PR for me.

Today was the last day of RRBT gripper work, so the hundreds of closes every week are coming to an end. Hands should be much stromger once I recover from this hell.

Edited by Bullitt

No thickbar today, but since i had never even pulled 400 on an oly bar, I figured I better make sure i could do that. Didn't have enough weight plates, and money is a bit tight, so I just duct taped two 20lb kettlebells to the bar and pulled 405. That's a 25 lb PR for me.

Today was the last day of RRBT gripper work, so the hundreds of closes every week are coming to an end. Hands should be much stromger once I recover from this hell.

Congrats Buddy, nice job!

- Aaron

NICE!!! So the outter diameter is "inch" sized right? 2 3/8 or so? What does that bad boy weigh?

Yessir! Weighs 24lb. Hot dang, it's hard :blink Considering I barely missed 404 on Chris's axle, I couldn't get 304 more than a few inches off the ground.

DO Hang cleans on axle

114 x 5

164 x 5

164 x 5

Letting the weight completely drop to the bottom on each rep.

Nice job guys,

Yesterday was a rest day for me. Old injury in left wrist was flared up so I didnt do all of the sets Lefty

Todays workout

KB swings 16k x 30/arm

1H Axle DL

LH 6x1x173.5#

RH 5x1x194.5#, 1x198.5# PR, 1x199.9# PR

1H Axle DL Negs

LH 3x1x194.5#

RH 3x1x216#

DU Axle DL 6+sec hold at top

5x1x240#

Pinch Block Front raise holds

LH 8.75# + LP x 10sec

RH 10.25# + LP x 10sec

Thumbless Axle Hack Squats

2x3x240#

Good workout other than the Left wrist trouble and happy with current progress.

- Aaron

Looks like you should be peaking nicely around Dec 12th - hint hint! :whistel