• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acorn

• Magnus

• CoC#3

• The Natural

Top Posters In This Topic

My quick Fatbar training after pectoral muscles exercises today:

Fatbar ( 30kg 50mm axle with cushioning, as you know apollons axle is solid... )

2H OH grip DL

1 x 170kg=374.8#

1 x 185kg=407.9#

1H OH grip DL, i like to do it front of me to get full lock position...

1 x 90kg=198.5#

1 x 100kg=220#

tried 105kg but did not get it though, was such a poor try so didn't included on video...

:whistel:D

Guest Bullitt

My quick Fatbar training after pectoral muscles exercises today:

Fatbar ( 30kg 50mm axle with cushioning, as you know apollons axle is solid... )

2H OH grip DL

1 x 170kg=374.8#

1 x 185kg=407.9#

1H OH grip DL, i like to do it front of me to get full lock position...

1 x 90kg=198.5#

1 x 100kg=220#

tried 105kg but did not get it though, was such a poor try so didn't included on video...

:whistel:D

As expected, the race to 400 didn't take you long. Your goal is officially 425 now. :whistel:laugh

Awesome job Timo. The one arm DLs were sick. :rock

As expected, the race to 400 didn't take you long. Your goal is officially 425 now. :whistel:laugh

Awesome job Timo. The one arm DLs were sick. :rock

Yep, some might say that this was not fair to some other gripsters, since i was so close allready :rolleyes

I don't know what is my next goal... I'm little bit confused about progression of grip since trained so little time :mellow

Let's say that next goal is 425 at the moment... :laugh

Guest Bullitt

Last night:

1 arm axle DL:

B/H: 110 X 8

R/H: 160 X 5, L/H: 160 X 3

R/H: 175 X 3, L/H: 175 X miss (got lots of air)

R/H: 200 X miss, miss, miss (Lost all three just below knee level.

Me...of coarse biggrin.gif

Need I say anything?

the taste is so sweet

Atta boy

Oh, you both are in trouble, now...

Me...of coarse biggrin.gif

Need I say anything?

the taste is so sweet

Atta boy

Oh, you both are in trouble, now...

Don't make the comma your best friend. There's no need for it here

You oughtn't to make periods your enemy, son.

I thinkt the two teenage boys left on this board need to go ahead and get their "experimentation" out of the way. At least for my sake. The suspense is killing me.

-Rex

I thinkt the two teenage boys left on this board need to go ahead and get their "experimentation" out of the way. At least for my sake. The suspense is killing me.

-Rex

Did my first grip workout today for about 4 weeks.

2'' axle deadlifts

The bar i use is a 2'' one (not 1.9'' tube) but it is not an official IM axle. It was made by an ex-supplier of strongman equipment here in England.

166x4

253x3

297x1

341x1

363x1 (equalling my PB)

369xjust failed at lockout

308x3x1

2'' axle one hand deadlifts

166x6x1 L and R

Guest Bullitt

Did my first grip workout today for about 4 weeks.

2'' axle deadlifts

The bar i use is a 2'' one (not 1.9'' tube) but it is not an official IM axle. It was made by an ex-supplier of strongman equipment here in England.

166x4

253x3

297x1

341x1

363x1 (equalling my PB)

369xjust failed at lockout

308x3x1

2'' axle one hand deadlifts

166x6x1 L and R

Strong stuff Sam!

Missed at the knees with 373 today. Had a pretty clean lift with around 385, as listed above, so it looks like I'm starting in the red for this one.

Guest Bullitt

Nothing special.

Pyramid up to 340. Missed 350 bad and got 345 just past my knees.

Then I did bent over rows with the axle.

135X8

200x6 DO

200X6 DU

200X8 DO

One thing I have noticed is that my thumbs are at a weird angle. They don't actually wrap around the bar. They are at like a 45 degree angle. I'm basically pinching the bar with the side of my thumb. Is this the same with everyone or am I deformed. :laugh Seriously though, if I wrapped my thumb around the bar, my fingers would be at a 45 degree angle. Very similar when I pinch. I get blisters and calusses on the inside of my thumbs from pinching too.

Last thickbar work for a week. Concentrating on the RRBT peak phase for MM2.

Nothing special.

135X8

200x6 DO

200X6 DU

200X8 DO

One thing I have noticed is that my thumbs are at a weird angle. They don't actually wrap around the bar. They are at like a 45 degree angle. I'm basically pinching the bar with the side of my thumb. Is this the same with everyone or am I deformed. :laugh Seriously though, if I wrapped my thumb around the bar, my fingers would be at a 45 degree angle. Very similar when I pinch. I get blisters and calusses on the inside of my thumbs from pinching too.

Nice lifting Mike! How's the du? I've never tried to lift like that before. Looks like it would try to open the hands up a bit.

Guest Bullitt

Nothing special.

135X8

200x6 DO

200X6 DU

200X8 DO

Nice lifting Mike! How's the du? I've never tried to lift like that before. Looks like it would try to open the hands up a bit.

Thanks! The DUs are tough. At the transition point at the bottom (stopping and starting the weight back up), they just want to roll out. It was all I could do to get the 6 reps in. DO was much easier, at least for me.

Good stuff guys!

I've been trying to seriously back off for the last few days. Did a few feats for the plumbers repiping our house on Mon, Tues and Weds as well as still doing a little here and there and forearms and hands pretty torn up as a result. Felt a little less sore today and the Left arm elbow tendonitis was not as bad so I did a few 1 arm axle pulls at lunch.

peaked out at:

180# LH PR

207# RH PR

- Aaron

Congrats Timo on exceeding the 400# barrier! I'm gonna continue until I do so as well.

Current PR's

Timo 407.9# Winner

Aaron 391#

Rex 386#

Matt 385#

Frank 384#

Sam 364#

Brent 363#

Mike 340#

Nice Timo!

The other day i did 5x1 with 352lbs. The pulls were all solid and held at the top for 3 secs. The plan for Sunday's session is 5x1 with 360lbs.

Will join in also PR on competition 180kg=~397# (

)

Great competition Timo, thanks for sharing.

Congrats on victory!

Edited by The Hack

Guest Bullitt

After grippers and two hand pinch at Jedd's today, we hit his 2.25" axle. It was very humid and slippery and nobody did great. I got a double with 240. Failed at my knees with 290 a couple times. Then we did one arm pulls and I was able to get 165 with each hand. Given the conditions and the thickness of the bar, I wasn't too unhappy with those numbers.

After grippers and two hand pinch at Jedd's today, we hit his 2.25" axle. It was very humid and slippery and nobody did great. I got a double with 240. Failed at my knees with 290 a couple times. Then we did one arm pulls and I was able to get 165 with each hand. Given the conditions and the thickness of the bar, I wasn't too unhappy with those numbers.

Nice work Mike! Look forward to hearing what other stuff you guys did. Numbers in other words. :laugh Who else showed up? Hopefully everyone that posted they would so it pushed everyone to the limit.

Today's axle work. 364x4x1 (4 singles). Just failed the 5th because i had to hitch it over my shorts once the grip started to go. The first 4 were solid though, and held at the top.