• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acorn

• Magnus

• CoC#3

• The Natural

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so it will start with me and Frank. Hopefully some of you other guys will join in.

Aaron 380#

Frank 384#

I'll join as soon as I'm finished my KTA project in a couple of weeks. Sounds like fun!

Ok so it will start with me and Frank. Hopefully some of you other guys will join in.

Aaron 380#

Frank 384#

Yeah, you guys are higher than I thought. Nevermind.

I'll join. 386 is my PR outside of competition.

-Rex

Aaron 380#

Frank 384#

-Rex

Open mouth insert foot. :)

Rex you may have met your match finally and from a yankee too

Rico

Ill watch with intrest you guys are way past me.

Aaron 380#

Frank 384#

-Rex

Will join in also PR on competition 180kg=~397# (

)

Done 180kg with Apollons Axle and normal fatbar with bearings on the bar ends...

Axle power from Finland :mosher

Might as well throw me down. Think my best was 385ish but it was a while ago... Everything of mine has improved on the axle except for DO DLing.

All right current PR's

Aaron 380#

Frank 384#

Rex 386#

Timo 397#

Matt 385#

Bullit 340#

Are we gonna post workouts here too guys?

- Aaron

Aaron 380#

Frank 384#

-Rex

)

Done 180kg with Apollons Axle and normal fatbar with bearings on the bar ends...

So you're starting off at 396 in a race to 400. You're going to get a real sense of accomplishment, I think, when you reach 400. It will be a real adventure, a quest, even, but if you have what it takes, the reward will always stay with you.

-Rex

Aaron 380#

Frank 384#

-Rex

)

So you're starting off at 396 in a race to 400. You're going to get a real sense of accomplishment, I think, when you reach 400. It will be a real adventure, a quest, even, but if you have what it takes, the reward will always stay with you.

-Rex

Rex, your sarcasm knows no bounds. :tongue:trout

- Aaron

I'm in. My best is 364lbs. I tried the other day and pulled 373 to knee height. This one is my worst grip lift, by far.

Glad to have you aboard Sam. I feel like it is my worst event too.

Current PR's

Aaron 380#

Frank 384#

Rex 386#

Timo 397#

Matt 385#

Mike 340#

Sam 364#

- Aaron

Aaron, I actually feel weaker on this lift being heavy at the moment. My hands/thumbpads are are a lot thicker now that i weigh 300 so even though i am much stronger i'm getting less 'skin' on the bar if you see what i mean. My training partner who has a much weaker grip than me on everything else (he closes an eays #3 on a good day, pinches 200lbs) and is 6'3'' 290 can pull 30lbs more than me. We both have the same sized hands, 8'' or a tad over.

Aaron, I actually feel weaker on this lift being heavy at the moment. My hands/thumbpads are are a lot thicker now that i weigh 300 so even though i am much stronger i'm getting less 'skin' on the bar if you see what i mean. My training partner who has a much weaker grip than me on everything else (he closes an eays #3 on a good day, pinches 200lbs) and is 6'3'' 290 can pull 30lbs more than me. We both have the same sized hands, 8'' or a tad over.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm in the same boat.

- Aaron

Heres my workout from lunchtime today. It ends week 1 of my War on Thickbar.

1H Axle DL - LH 8x1x167#, RH 8x1x188#

1H Axle DL Negs - LH 2x1x180#, RH 2x1x200#

DU grip Axle DL (6+ sec holds, Conv and Sumo) - 5x1x225# (5x SL bent over rows on last rep til thumb failure)

2xKB pinch swings - 80# total x 5 BH, 100# total x 5 RH, 100# total x 2 Picks LH

Front Raise Pinchblock thumb holds - RH 10#+Loading Pin x 10sec, LH 8.75#+Loading Pin x 10sec

Thumbless Axle Hack Squats - 1x3x215#

- Aaron

Did rows, biceps, triceps, and finished up with some holds to failure on my Inch handle.

I think I've done some Inch work everyday this week so far.

Edited by Magnus

I'm in as well. the collars I ordered for my axle were the wrong size so, I'll be getting a little bit of a late start. current best is 363 at ggc. I did 373 2 years ago but, I have the hand thickening thing going on as well.

Sounds good, welcome. It looks like we're starting to get a nice little group. Onward my brutha's 4 bills awaits!

Current PR's

Aaron 380#

Frank 384#

Rex 386#

Timo 397#

Matt 385#

Mike 340#

Sam 364#

Brent 363#

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

- Aaron

I was expecting something like this to come... :whistel

Cam we make this race more interesting; let's see who ( from this 8 gripster crew ) increases his PR most in pounds with some time period! 3months perhaps...??? :mosher

maybe then will avoid sarcasmic comments... :rolleyes

about axle training diary, will not exercise any grip strength until fully recovered from Finnish open 2009...

PS. please accept my apologies if somebody understanded my earlier comment as despising to this race or other contestants of this race. It was not supposed to be taken that way, i'm such a newbie since trained grip only 8-9months...

- Aaron

I was expecting something like this to come... :whistel

Cam we make this race more interesting; let's see who ( from this 8 gripster crew ) increases his PR most in pounds with some time period! 3months perhaps...??? :mosher

maybe then will avoid sarcasmic comments... :rolleyes

about axle training diary, will not exercise any grip strength until fully recovered from Finnish open 2009...

PS. please accept my apologies if somebody understanded my earlier comment as despising to this race or other contestants of this race. It was not supposed to be taken that way, i'm such a newbie since trained grip only 8-9months...

I like the idea of the pr improvement. it's a smaller goal along the way.