Gripmas 2009 Entry Form And Information

climber511

I do not yet have any profile information from any of the people below - please send me something ASAP. Come on!

Chuck Carnes

Bob Sundin

Jedd Johnson

Jesse Reimann

Mike Krahling

Jeff Parker

John Eaton

Clayton Gellatly

Dude, I sent mine in an email.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• climber511

• jad

• Bob Lipinski

• Jeff Parker

Just found my bio in my drafts. Totally thought I already sent it. It was finished except for the last sentence. Very sorry.

Safe travels to everyone. We had a little snow yesterday but all the roads are clear - temperature is supposed to be 31 today and in the 30s tomorrow. Good Luck to all!

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tu9AoXfNzk29MLJ5aPsPy7Q&output=html

Gripmas Score Sheets - If you go to second page to you can see the results as if it was one class and not Open and Lightweight. I'm sure we will have some writeups etc after some rest.

Edited by climber511

Some damn nice lifts on there! Congratulations to everyone! Impressive tally.

Guest Bullitt

Totally taxed from the 10 hour comp, but had a great time. Just want to congratulate all the winners and point out some crazy performances.

Jedd pulling the 2HP world record right after Chad did it was definitely the highlight of the comp for me. :mosher

Chad closing a 212+# gripper was just sick.:mosher

Brad Autrey was a freak and doesn't even train grip really (closed a 209 gripper and I think had some in the tank if he hadn't run out of attempts. :whacked

Dave Thornton quietly took second in a stacked field. :cool

Mike K and Bob going back and forth to see who would get a 30# sledge. :mosher

Gosh dang Barbe smoking the medley and bumping me from 6th. (jerk) :laugh

So much other great stuff.

Hilights for me:

188.9# gripper(huge PR)

199.98# 2HP(PR) Shouldn't have skipped 204. Got air with 210, but couldn't get it.

192# 1 arm axle DL (PR on 2" bar)

23# sledge lever (ridiculous PR for me - definitely the personal highlight of the comp)

11 items in the medley including the Gracie bell. The body was starting to give out at this point. :laugh

Now for the best part. Melissa and my daughter Lindsey both competed and took 2nd and 3rd respectively and are hooked on the sport I think. Melissa hit PR after PR and it took a super, crazy, huge, world record sledge lever by Mary Ann to beat her. I think she is now motivated to actually train more than every 2 or 3 weeks. HAHA. I love you baby and you did AWESOME!!!!! (After the contest, we rushed back to the hotel for Melissa to take her final exam for an online college course and she aced it - beauty, brains, and a sick crush!) Sorry for having to run off everyone. Chuck and Michelle, we want a raincheck on dinner! Can't wait to see the pics.

My daughter Lindsey had never tried any of the events other than the occasional gripper squeeze. We talked her into competing and she did great. I think she's hooked too!!! She barely edged out a game Andrea for 3rd.

Anyway, it was a great time and given the competition I was up against, I was very happy with how I did. We got to see a bunch of old friends and made a ton of new ones. Grip people are freakin awesome!

Thanks for a great comp Chris!!!

Edited by Bullitt

Congrats to everyone that competed! Great numbers overall.

Shout out to Jedd for the 2HP WORLD RECORD!!! :mosher

Shout out to Chad for a MONSTER choked gripper close and a HUGE one-hand Axle pull!!! :mosher

And to Mike and Bob with a 29.5lb LEVER! :mosher

Josh went over bodyweight on 2HP!!! :mosher

Mike R. with a bunch of big PRs! :mosher

Sorry to have missed this! Wow. Great lifts/closes everywhere (knocking on 30# for sledge lever??) and a large field of competitors (even had four in the women's division!). Congrats to Chad for the HW win, Chris for the LW win, Jedd for the 2HP WR, and to everyone for PRs and a great fight! :rock:rock

Looks like you put on a really great comp, Chris. Congratulations! Looking forward to reading more writeups.

You guys are awesome!

Rico

Can the results be posted as a downloadable spreadsheet for microsoft office?, i cant really read it on my phone. could someone do this and send it to me?

rico

Shoot! I forgot any mention of the ladies!!!! I typed up that response on my wordpad here on my computer and just copied and pasted here, apparently the rest of it didn't make it over! How embarrassing. Well I didn't save the document but the writeup for them went something like this:

Andrea, Mary Ann, Melissa and Lindsey were awesome throughout the entire contest. Mary Ann was almost scary in her focus throughout the comp, Melissa was strong throughout the day and Andrea and Lindsey did great and were just plain fun to have around! Mary Ann got a monstrous 12lb lever, I know a lot of guys who can't do my 8lber let alone a 12lber! I confess that I was not as attentive to the women's and most of the HW's as I could've been, so I missed a lot of the weights done by quite a few folks. I did see Melissa's 105 on the axle, edging out Mary Ann if I recall correctly. The day was Mary Ann's in the end but it was a well-fought victory. Mary Ann did VERY well on the medley!!!

Haven`t gotten home yet due to some accidents and traffic on 70 east....but I had to post something. Dont worry, Michelle is driving:) This contest was insane, from start to finish. I walked in very nervous and I thought heavy...but I weighed in and just barely made it. Not that it reallly mattered...the LW class was just as nasty as the big boys.

I had really forgotten how awesome a group grip folks are...Im so mad at myself for staying away for so long, but Im glad Im back. More to come later once we get home, I plan on getting all the pics uploaded tonight and a link posted.

Awesome contest. Big thanks to all involved, judges, loaders, food makers, whoever helped out in any way, it was a fun and well run contest. Especially Chris Rice, great guy, great gym, great lifts, great contest!

I set PRs in every event so I was pretty happy with my perfromance.

My highlights were pretty much the same as everyone elses. I'm not much of write up kida guy so, if you were at the contest, it was nice seeing you again or meeting you for the first time. Everyone is a stand-up guy or girl and put tons of effort into every event. Video and pics will be out soon. I'll start with 2 of my own. A big blob milestone for me and my run at the medley which I really liked. I thought the items were very challenging and unique but still fair.

Edited by Strongmantobe

Thank you Chris (and your Family) for all your hard work you all put into this event. It was a great time, and very well organized

Congrats to Chad for setting the WR in 2HP and Jedd for beating that 15 minute old WR.

Thank You Bob for pushing me on the sledge, and everyone for getting me so motivated to do so well.

It was really great meeting everyone, I wish i had more time to hang out and get to know everyone a little better, but there is always future competitions for that. It was such a long day, and i had a 3 hour dive ahead of me last night so i had to go shortly after it was over. I can see why you guys keep going to comps over and over, it is so addicting. Sorry i have no energy for a better write up but Rt 70 on the way home drained me.

It's obvious that Chris put together another fantastic event with some truly amazing lifting by a field of great depth. Well done to all!

I'm gonna be busy for a while updating the top 50 pinch list! :whacked

Below is a link to the 245 pics we've uplaoded to PhotoBucket. Michelle apologizes if she missed any of you guys, there was a lot going on all day at the event. We also had some issues with trying to get action shots with the fluorescent lights, so some shots that shouldn't have been blurry, were blurry. Next time will be better!

http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/tt299/ccarns13/Gripmas%202009/

And the infamous shot of Jedd that Zach was referring to:

DSC_0270.jpg

^The best picture in gripdom^

It was a great comp put on by Chris and a great group of guys to compete with. A big thanks to Brent and Mike for pushing me all the way through the comp. We were real close all the way! It was great to see all the records falling like crazy. This was one of the best comp I have put together with all my lifts i did so i was real happy! I told people to watch out for big Brad. He is a beast! Dave had a great comp as well. Big congrats to Jedd for steeping up and taking the pinch record and to Chad for pushing him. I knew after Chad got it Jedd was going to be on his A game. The ladies did awesome as well!! That 12lb lever was crazy Mary Ann!!!!

Eventually I want to do a write up, but for now I wanted to say a BIG THANKS to Chris for a great contest!! I had alot of fun, set some pr's, and met the best bunch of guys/girls ever. Thanks to everyone for the comments, advice and screaming at me (I especially liked that).