• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• climber511

• jad

• Bob Lipinski

• Jeff Parker

Guy’s and Gals coming to Gripmas

I want to put out a little program for Gripmas. So if you would, please write up a little something about yourself and send it to me at gripmas2008@gmail.com or as a PM etc. Start with where you’re from, age, height, weight (ladies can skip this  hehe), maybe hand size. Then years training for various things, years training grip, competition history (include not only grip but any other sports) - include any grip feats you have done (closed the #3, bent the Red nail etc) and any goals you might have and any feats (grip or other) you want to do in the future etc. These are just ideas – write as much or as little as you want to. Just a little something about you so any spectators (and the rest of us) can get to know a little about you. Jedd did this a few years back and I really enjoyed it. Thanks

Remember the swap meet – email me what you plan to bring if anything and I’ll make up a list so everyone can figure out what they might want ahead of time. I have a bunch of stuff – much of it free or as a trade for pretty much anything. This is a good chance to move some stuff out and get some different stuff to clutter up your place .

As usual I will be furnishing a meal afterwards along with drinks during and after. Bring snacks etc for during as it will be a long day. Bring chairs too please. I’ll have plenty of chalk, hand cleaner, towels, etc.

Bring whatever you want for the after show – steel or horse shoes to bend – cards or catalogs to tear etc. I have some stuff but not enough I’m sure.

There will be bending in the medley – reverse and braced as bonus items – so bring your wraps or you can use mine. These won’t be sick hard or anything.

whats a good hotel to stay at?

There are a few choices in Zanesville. I'm staying at the Baymont Inn again this year because its not quite as expensive as the other options.

Bob, Dave and I stayed at what I believe was a Holiday Inn. It was accross the road from a Cracker Barrel.

Bob, Dave and I stayed at what I believe was a Holiday Inn. It was accross the road from a Cracker Barrel.

What city?

What city?

I'm not sure. It was 20 minutes or so from Chris' doorstep. Man, I just realized I'm not helpful at all.

I'd suggest the hotel in Buckeye Lake for the widest selection of lot lizards and cheapest lodging around :upsidedwn

Add Jeff Parker to the list! Eaton - get your stuff in !!!

Add Jeff Parker to the list! Eaton - get your stuff in !!!

I talked to clayton gellatly today. he said he's in as well.

Chris Rice LtWt

Josh Dale LtWt

Bob Lipinski LtWt

Zach Coulter LtWt

Chuck Carnes LtWt

Bob Sundin LtWt

Jedd Johnson Open

Mike Rinderle Open

Jesse Reimann Open

Nick Rosendaul Open

Brent Barbe Open

Mike Krahling Open

Brad Ardrey Open

Rick Freitag Open

Dave Thornton Open

Jeff Parker Open

John Eaton Open

Clayton Gellatly Open

Andrea Rosendaul Ladies

Mary Ann McKeague Ladies

Melissa Rinderle Ladies

This appears to be the final line up - I do not have Clayton's money yet so not positive on him. It looks like a great line up and I foresee some really close battles in all three classes. Let me know if I have missed anyone or if there are any questions. Also a reminder on profiles - please send me a little something for the program. Train hard!

Oh John's going? I haven't heard from him at all. I figured he wasn't going to make it.

Oh John's going? I haven't heard from him at all. I figured he wasn't going to make it.

I think he finally quit hunting long enough to sign up. It sounded like he'd been living out in the woods - he was either hunting or mama threw him out for a while there. :whistel

Anyway - I have his money so he's coming. He hadn't called me in weeks - I wondered if he was still alive???

In other news - I just got off the phone with some guy from Georgia who says he is coming to Gripmas. I have heard rumors that he had quite a grip at one time and even won a contest or two (or several). Things just got a little more interesting in the Open class :mosher

Chris Rice LtWt

Josh Dale LtWt

Bob Lipinski LtWt

Zach Coulter LtWt

Chuck Carnes LtWt

Bob Sundin LtWt

Jedd Johnson Open

Mike Rinderle Open

Jesse Reimann Open

Nick Rosendaul Open

Brent Barbe Open

Mike Krahling Open

Brad Ardrey Open

Rick Freitag Open

Dave Thornton Open

Jeff Parker Open

John Eaton Open

Clayton Gellatly Open

Chad Woodall Open

Andrea Rosendaul Ladies

Mary Ann McKeague Ladies

Melissa Rinderle Ladies

Add Chad to the mix in the Open class. What a competition!

WOW, i picked one hell of a comp to start my grip adventure. Nothing like jumping right into the fire :yikes

WOW, i picked one hell of a comp to start my grip adventure. Nothing like jumping right into the fire :yikes

Lose weight fast - in the light weight class - there aren't as many of us to get beat by hehe! On the other hand getting beat by the very best is certainly no shame - you can join all the rest of us who lose to Dave - Jedd - Chad etc every time we go compete. On the bright side, you get a chance to learn from the best in the game. Ask questions - learn - go home and train - come back and be stronger!

Lose weight fast - in the light weight class - there aren't as many of us to get beat by hehe! On the other hand getting beat by the very best is certainly no shame - you can join all the rest of us who lose to Dave - Jedd - Chad etc every time we go compete. On the bright side, you get a chance to learn from the best in the game. Ask questions - learn - go home and train - come back and be stronger!

Psht, everyone knows the LW's are where the real competition is at.

I have a feeling the biggest sledge #'s are going to go up in the LW's too.

Chris, i could cut off my legs and still not make the light weight division :D Your right, i will be a great learning oppurtunity, and alot of fun competing with the best

Zach, i hope your wrong about the sledge #'s. Thats the ONLY event i have a chance to be competitive in. The question in how high into the 20's is the best lift going to be. I'm thinking someone will get atleast 22-23 lbs.

Anyone ready to make predictions yet?

Zach, i hope your wrong about the sledge #'s. Thats the ONLY event i have a chance to be competitive in. The question in how high into the 20's is the best lift going to be. I'm thinking someone will get atleast 22-23 lbs.

Both Bob and Josh have done 23.5 in a less favorabl setup, Bob can do 20 on a bad day, Josh has been training the sledges, Chris said he managed 21 on his setup at one point, and I'm gunning for a 20+ lever myself. My levers are really really down at the moment for a number of reasons. Hopefully I can resolve the issues I'm having by Gripmas.

Jedd should be near a 20 by contest time if he puts the time and effort into it. I know Jesse did at least 16 at the last MGC and is probably going to be good for 18+ at Gripmas, Nick is always strong in the less popular events, I don't know about Brad or Rick but I'll count on them to be around 20lbs if they can get the hang of levers in time. Both Dave and Eaton have done 20's in comp but Eaton keeps complaining about his wrist, so I don't know about him. Clayton I'm not sure about but I recall him being very strong at the last Gripmas and Chad, well Chad will probably be near the top because he's The Chad. So a 20 lever in the HWTs is looking to be a pretty good number at the moment.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Guest Bullitt

I'll be first to go out on a limb:

LW:

Chris

Josh

Bob

Zach

Chuck

Open:

Chad

Jedd

Thornton

Barbe

Eaton

(Don't know enough about Brad and some of the other strongmen, so I'm sticking with the grip guys for now)

Chicks:

Melissa (A Rinderle wins gold)

Mary Ann (Brent has her gripping twice a day every day, she will be overtrained)

Andrea (hand size disadvantage)

I will be 3rd in the 42 and over division.

My goals:

gripper: 180 or better in choker

2HP: 210 or better

1 arm axle: 200 or better

Sledge: 17 or better

Medley: 1 behind whatever Barbe does. :laugh

I'll call my performance now.

Grippers: 4th place

2HP: 3rd place

Lever: tied for 3rd or end up in 4th place by a small margin

Axle: 4th or 5th

Medley: 4th place

All in all, I'm definitely expecting a 4th place finish. So good call Mike :)

I wouldn't be suprised if I got 25 in the hammer. I would like more, I have been training well. Gotta play with the setup first- 5 minutes with it will let me know.

My one hand axle and grippers will be strong this year I think. I have made a big jump in gripper strength. My goal is to place in the top 2 and get the highest in the hammer. That would mean beating quite a few guys who are worthy competitors. I'd be proud to hang well with Josh, Chris, Zach, Bob, Chuck, etc.