• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• climber511

• jad

• Bob Lipinski

• Jeff Parker

Chris, I will need bending wraps for the medley, wasn't sure if you needed to know in advance. I only have a pair of IM wraps right now.

Chris, I will need bending wraps for the medley, wasn't sure if you needed to know in advance. I only have a pair of IM wraps right now.

I have several pairs so no problem.

Chris Rice LtWt

Josh Dale LtWt

Bob Lipinski LtWt

Zach Coulter LtWt

Chuck Carnes LtWt

Bob Sundin LtWt

Dan Sweeney LtWt

Victor Torres - it says 210# on his info so either way maybe?

Jedd Johnson Open

Mike Rinderle Open

Jesse Reimann Open

Nick Rosendaul Open

Brent Barbe Open

Mike Krahling Open

Brad Ardrey Open

Rick Freitag Open

Dave Thornton Open

Jeff Parker Open

John Eaton Open

Clayton Gellatly Open

Chad Woodall Open

Rosario Cusenza open

Andrea Rosendaul Ladies

Mary Ann McKeague Ladies

Melissa Rinderle Ladies

Brad says Rick Freitag had to drop out because of his daughters program. He is looking for a replacement but who knows at this late date. Steve Slater is coming but not to compete (darn it). So 24 competitors - this will be the largest Gripmas Carol ever - considering the tough economic times - I am really thrilled about this - a big Thanks to everyone for coming out!

You hold a good contest Chris. Also, it is the closest (by far) contest outside of MI for me to go!

Thanks Bob - I want to give kudos to all of this years sponsors - we have a nice package lined up!

Sponsors

Fat Bastard Barbell Company - John sponsors every contest I have heard of - think about that when you need something

Diesel Crew – Jedd and Smitty - always loyal and put out some great training products

Andrew Duriant and Duriant Strength Training – National Grip Champ

Farmstrength - Sean Dockery and Nick Rosentaul - really, really cool prizes this year!

Dale Harder – Dale has been a Gripmas sponsor since my first real contest - sign up for his newsletter and check out his books please!

Weldon Stogsdill - DeathGrip - innovative new toys soon

Power and Bulk / Bob Lipinski - one of my top rivals every time we meet - he's the record keeper for the sport of grip here in the USA

Chris Rice

I do not yet have any profile information from any of the people below - please send me something ASAP. Come on!

Chuck Carnes

Bob Sundin

Jedd Johnson

Jesse Reimann

Mike Krahling

Jeff Parker

John Eaton

Clayton Gellatly

Chris, typing it up right now.....and my last name is spelled wrong in your list.

Chris, typing it up right now.....and my last name is spelled wrong in your list.

Opps - sorry - I'll get it fixed. I've been copying and pasting it out of Excel so it's probably been wrong all along - I apologize!

I had a question asked about the 2HP so I'll explain so everyone knows. It seems like a few guys are wanting to try different widths this year. You can use any width that the Euro setup offers. We will start with the thickest size and work our way down. So 64 will go first, then 58 - 54 - 52 - 48 - 44 - 42 etc - you can try a few warm ups ahead of time to determine what width you want to use but once you start - you cannot change widths. From what I have been told so far - we have one, maybe 2 at 58. Most will use 54 - Zach wants 52 - I want 48 and I think a few others do - I haven't heard about anyone wanting less than that. It's going to take a while so everybody please help load and move things around.

Weight changes will be every 5 pounds except if a national or world record is attempted - you can call your weight in that case and we'll do the best we can with the plates available. I have the ability to go well over the WR with no more than a 2/10ths of a pound difference front to back so we should b good to go.

I plan to have the ladies use my 2 HP and we'll do both at once to save time.

Guest Bullitt

here were the final numbers on the 1 arm axle deadlift as we head into Gripmas. Competitors are in bold.

Andrew Durniat: 242 lbs

Chad Woodall: 233 lbs

Steve Gardener: 226 lbs

Timo Tuukkanen: 220.5 lbs

Aaron Corcorran: 217 lbs

Ryan Johnson: 213 lbs

Asickber: 213 (both hands)

Nick Rosendaul: 208 lbs

Mike Rinderle: 200 lbs

David Thornton: 190 lbs

Chris Rice: 187

Bob Lipinski: 180 lbs

Scott George: 173.59 lbs

Steve Pekarskiy: 173 lbs

Mike Corlett: 163 lbs

Jason Steeves: 163 lbs

Zach Coulter: 160 lbs

Mike Krahling: 160 lbs

Jeff Parker: 160 lbs

Chuck Carns: 155 lbs

CoCfreak1: 125 lbs (5 reps)

See, I told you guys I'd get last place in something...HA! And I'm gonna be in the heavy weights so its gonna be even worse:)

See, I told you guys I'd get last place in something...HA! And I'm gonna be in the heavy weights so its gonna be even worse:)

Unfortunately I'm going to have to pull out of Gripmas this year. My tire popped on my car and I scraped a guardrail last week. Nothing serious but it unfortunately cause enough body damage for the insurance to total my 2000 Impala. I'll be at home buying a car instead of at Gripmas this weekend. Good luck everyone competing. I'll just have to plan to compete at Gripmas in 2010. Maybe my part of my entry fee can be applied to next year's entry fee Chris?

Jesse Reimann

Wow, didnt realize that sent three times like that...can a mod fix it?

Can we call the warm-up/attempt thing again this year?

Yep same as before.

Chris/Bullitt - I spoke to Ryan tonight at the gym and he's going to overnight the grippers that he was sending Bullitt directly to Chris at the gym address. That should get them there for the comp and Mike can just take them home with him. There'll be four grippers in the shipment including an RB300 and a hard 3.5. Let me know if you need to get in touch with Ryan before he ships them tomorrow.

Guest Bullitt

Chris/Bullitt - I spoke to Ryan tonight at the gym and he's going to overnight the grippers that he was sending Bullitt directly to Chris at the gym address. That should get them there for the comp and Mike can just take them home with him. There'll be four grippers in the shipment including an RB300 and a hard 3.5. Let me know if you need to get in touch with Ryan before he ships them tomorrow.

That's cool Sherrie. Tell him thanks! Why 4 grippers??? I'm flying to NY today, so I'll check back tonight.

Thanks for the heads up - I would have wondered what was happening when they showed up :)

That's cool Sherrie. Tell him thanks! Why 4 grippers??? I'm flying to NY today, so I'll check back tonight.

Two HG's just for training apparently. I dunno... :)

Thanks for the heads up - I would have wondered what was happening when they showed up :)

No problem! :)

Chris, the 3.5 cal'd at 180 and the RB300 cal'd at 167 if you need them for the contest. Thanks Ryan!

Sure bring them - anyone that has calibrated grippers - please bring them - the more small increments we have - the fewer ties will result and the closer we can all get to our true max..