• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bencrush

• IROC-Z

• AdamTGlass

• Shoggoth

Thanks guys! The march to 402 continues...

Why the number 402? I couldn't tell if it had some kind of significance. Like 407lbs = 185kg, or something like that.

Guest Bullitt

Thanks guys! The march to 402 continues...

Why the number 402? I couldn't tell if it had some kind of significance. Like 407lbs = 185kg, or something like that.

Because Ryan Klein sits atop the FBBC cert list at 401. :shifty I wanna be #1 at something before i die. :laugh

If you start training this again, the 402 will have to be revised upward I'm sure. :rock

Because Ryan Klein sits atop the FBBC cert list at 401. :shifty I wanna be #1 at something before i die. :laugh

If you start training this again, the 402 will have to be revised upward I'm sure. :rock

Great reason! I should've grasped that immediately since I think along the same lines with anything I get good at. That is a mighty record to break too.

I think you're right about me going over 400lbs again if I ever get back hardcore into 1" vbar. I sold my FBBC 1" vbar, but still had my Climber511 1" vbar to train with. Around the time I pulled 387lbs (12-2006) on the FBBC vbar, I pulled a max of around 350lbs on the Climber511 vbar. My 416lb pull was on the Climber511 vbar, so I think it's safe to expect around 430lbs on the FBBC vbar to equal 416lbs on Climber511's vbar - or more. But that's all conjecture until I put up or shut up, lol. And I don't plan on doing either any time soon. :laugh

Guest Bullitt

Great reason! I should've grasped that immediately since I think along the same lines with anything I get good at. That is a mighty record to break too.

I think you're right about me going over 400lbs again if I ever get back hardcore into 1" vbar. I sold my FBBC 1" vbar, but still had my Climber511 1" vbar to train with. Around the time I pulled 387lbs (12-2006) on the FBBC vbar, I pulled a max of around 350lbs on the Climber511 vbar. My 416lb pull was on the Climber511 vbar, so I think it's safe to expect around 430lbs on the FBBC vbar to equal 416lbs on Climber511's vbar - or more. But that's all conjecture until I put up or shut up, lol. And I don't plan on doing either any time soon. :laugh

I have no doubt brother. I'll tell you what, if I get over 400, you have to come back and make a run for it. Deal?

Had another go today, worked to 102.5kg and could feel that knuckle pain again. I think I'm going to have to leave this one to you for now Mike, I was a bit late coming to the party anyway - nice pulling, you're almost there!

• 3 weeks later...

Did a few lighter pulls on the v-bar over the last few weeks, but nothing heavy until today. I changed over to the "hand-shake" grip and it seems to have helped me quite a bit. Lifted 300 today, and I think I had a few more lbs left in the tank.

I'm going to catch you, Mike! ;)

Did a few lighter pulls on the v-bar over the last few weeks, but nothing heavy until today. I changed over to the "hand-shake" grip and it seems to have helped me quite a bit. Lifted 300 today, and I think I had a few more lbs left in the tank.

Great job Todd! 300 is where it gets very interesting!

Guest Bullitt

Nice!!! :mosher That's a huge pull bro!

Well you better hurry, cause I got 339 off the ground to about 2". I had so much chalk on there it was getting slick. Took some steel wool to it after my lifts and I plan on hitting 350 right after Gripmas. So you have about 2 weeks. :rock

Guest Bullitt

Pulled 342 to about 1 1/2" today Todd. The big old blister I got stopped me on my second try. 350 goes down before the end of the year. :mosher

Edited by Bullitt

Pulled 342 to about 1 1/2" today Todd. The big old blister I got stopped me on my second try. 350 goes down before the end of the year. :mosher

Almost there Mike! That's very close man.

Guest Bullitt

Almost there Mike! That's very close man.

Thanks bro! You should have seen Melissa pull 157 to full lockout today. I think she has 200 in her eventually. That would be sweet for her to make the FBBC list. Love that girl! :D

Wow, nice pull - tell her I said I'm impressed! I occasionally try to get my wife to train her grip. She's bent a stout timber tie (DO) when she was probably legally drunk, and pulled 165lbs on the FBBC 1" vbar to full lockout a few minutes after that a few years ago.

Nice! :rock

I don't think I'll get 350 by the end of the year, but I will definitely get it in the first quarter of 2010. Right now my focus is on the RT, so I don't have much time to devote to the v-bar.

Guest Bullitt

Nice! :rock

I don't think I'll get 350 by the end of the year, but I will definitely get it in the first quarter of 2010. Right now my focus is on the RT, so I don't have much time to devote to the v-bar.

I may get held up a bit until my skin restrengthens. That blister finally worked off at Gripmas. next couple months or so for sure. Then we start our assault on 400!!! I need to get an RT. What are you pulling on the new and old handles now?

Mike, With Gripmas over I'm gonna jump in here on this race to 350, if that's cool with you guys?

Mike, With Gripmas over I'm gonna jump in here on this race to 350, if that's cool with you guys?

Nice to see you entering the race Chuck! Did you hit another PR on the 1" vbar recently?

I may get held up a bit until my skin restrengthens. That blister finally worked off at Gripmas. next couple months or so for sure. Then we start our assault on 400!!! I need to get an RT. What are you pulling on the new and old handles now?

I'm definitely game for continuing the challenge once we hit 350.

I'll have a new RT video posted in the near future.

Guest Bullitt

Heck yea bro! The more the merrier. Ben, Chuck pulled 302 at my house about a month ago. :mosher

Heck yea bro! The more the merrier. Ben, Chuck pulled 302 at my house about a month ago. :mosher

Thanks Mike. I remember that he pulled a bit over 300lbs, I just didn't know if he had upped that since then and was going to sandbag it (lol) by entering the contest with a PR pull of 349lbs already on the books, haha.

Nope, no sand bagging...Eaton used to always accuse me of that too:) I hadn`t touched a Vbar in over 1.5yrs when I pulled 302 at Mike`s and I havent touched one since then cuz of Gripmas. I pulled my FBBC Vbar and all my standard plates out yesterday, me and the wife are gonna hit it tonight!

Mike.....Michelle looks like she actually wants to train for your comp in April....Your girls are going down!