1" Vbar Race

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

I usually pull singles on it Ray. I only pull about once per week. As the bar seasons, your numbers will shoot up. It is not uncommon to see someone improve 100# in a few months as your hands get toughened up in the right places. Welcome to the party. I bet you pull 27f before the end of the year.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bencrush

• IROC-Z

• AdamTGlass

• Shoggoth

I usually pull singles on it Ray. I only pull about once per week. As the bar seasons, your numbers will shoot up. It is not uncommon to see someone improve 100# in a few months as your hands get toughened up in the right places. Welcome to the party. I bet you pull 27f before the end of the year.

Thanks Mike.

i kept haring about the vbar but i thought it was like that press down attachment and a loading pin like rolling thunder!

soooo its basically just a vertical bar? i could use my rolling T without the handle and that would be essentially the same thing, though obviously a thicker diameter?

• 3 weeks later...

Back on 2" training now. Tonight was my first shot at it in a few weeks.

295 for both righty and lefty

Best pull of the night was 315 Right side

thanks Gents

getting better

Ran my V bar training tonight contest style rising bar, only allowed 4 attempts, here was number two 315lbs on 2"

Forth attempt of the evening was with 328 1/2 lbs, got it off the floor maybe an inch.

Taking in to account WSH on Saturday I am pretty happy with this

Edited by SSGGLASS

After the 4th attempt, I did this---2" FBBC Vertical bar lift-- 250 lbs for a set of 21 reps right handed

• 4 weeks later...

Will standard plates fit on the 1" vbar without modifications? I currently only have standard plates and don't really want to buy oly plates just for this since I'm living in my condo and don't have a bunch of room. I forgot avout vbar until I ran across this thread again and was looking at the FBBC bar but thought I'd ask before I order it.

Yes. Standard plates will work on the 1" V-bar. That's all I use on mine.

Thanks guys! I just PM'd John about a 1" vbar. When it shows up it should work better for me than using the painted IM pin for my RT. With the plates I have now I can only load 150 on it and still have enough room to grab it with my hand and do reps.

331 during Worlds Strongest hands leg 2

335 last week in training

340 2" v bar in training

Getting air under 345, after I shot this I got a clean low lift on 350 (maybe 1/2")

340 2" v bar in training

Getting air under 345, after I shot this I got a clean low lift on 350 (maybe 1/2")

Makes me wanna run too a V-bar :tongue Nice lift :bow

• 6 months later...

340 2" v bar in training

I know this is an old thread but :yikes:yikes:yikes That's an amazing lift brother!!

I was feeling pretty good about just pulling 230 lbs. my first time ever but this lets me see I have a long way to go. I did notice a couple things with gripping the bar to try next time though. This is a fun lift and hopefully I'll be able to improve on it a bit.