1" Vbar Race

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Todd Coenen (Iroc-Z) and I are racing to 350lbs on the 1" vbar. We are both new to the lift, so it should be fun. Anybody that wants to join in, just state where you are and what your goal is.

I'll get us started. Pulled 267lbs tonight...

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bencrush

• IROC-Z

• AdamTGlass

• Shoggoth

Nice lift , I never tried the 1"

Rico

Guest Bullitt
Nice lift , I never tried the 1"

Rico

Thanks! You should definitely try it Parris. Lots of fun and the FBBC bar is very well made and inexpensive compared to a lot of lifting equipment.

Edited by Bullitt

Todd Coenen (Iroc-Z) and I are racing to 350lbs on the 1" vbar. We are both new to the lift, so it should be fun. Anybody that wants to join in, just state where you are and what your goal is.

Nice pull Mike! :rock

I'm still waiting for my v-bar to arrive from FBBC, so I still haven't tried this lift.

Good stuff guys! Congrats on that pull Mike! You'll both get there faster challenging each other. Challenge logs are awesome.

Guest Bullitt

Nice pull Mike! :rock

I'm still waiting for my v-bar to arrive from FBBC, so I still haven't tried this lift.

No worries bro. With your pulling power, you will rocket up quickly! :rock

Hi guys,

I never tried such a lift but it seems you need powerful grip for this...!

Strong lift Mike. :rock

Hmm, I just pulled about 315lbs in the recent Primal Fitness / Big NADS comp. I was thinking I'd like to train it for a while at some point to see if I could get up to 350. Not sure I want to start just yet though as I have a few upper back problems. Good luck guys.

Guest Bullitt
Hi guys,

I never tried such a lift but it seems you need powerful grip for this...!

Strong lift Mike. :rock

Thanks Manthos!

Hmm, I just pulled about 315lbs in the recent Primal Fitness / Big NADS comp. I was thinking I'd like to train it for a while at some point to see if I could get up to 350. Not sure I want to start just yet though as I have a few upper back problems. Good luck guys.

Well, it will probably take a while for us to catch up with you, so when the back feels better, jump in! :D

Well, it will probably take a while for us to catch up with you, so when the back feels better, jump in! :D

Well from what I know, you're stronger than me at most other stuff, so it might not take you long. There's a bit of technique that can add quite a bit once you're used to it. I use the Theo Buggeroff method, it's worth seeing if you can find his unofficial WR on youtube. Basically he puts his fingertips on, then winds his palm around tight and puts his thumb up against the base of his forefinger, which acts as a brake.

I'll keep an eye on this and might jump in in a while then :rock

Guest Bullitt

Well from what I know, you're stronger than me at most other stuff, so it might not take you long. There's a bit of technique that can add quite a bit once you're used to it. I use the Theo Buggeroff method, it's worth seeing if you can find his unofficial WR on youtube. Basically he puts his fingertips on, then winds his palm around tight and puts his thumb up against the base of his forefinger, which acts as a brake.

Found the video. I have been wrapping my thumb around middle finger. I will give this a shot next time I pull. Here's the video...

Good stuff guys! Congrats on that pull Mike! You'll both get there faster challenging each other. Challenge logs are awesome.

I'll probably be hitting you up for some advice Ben. :)

Found the video. I have been wrapping my thumb around middle finger. I will give this a shot next time I pull. Here's the video...

That's an insane lift by Theo! :rock

Just curious. Are any of you guys worried about blowing out a bicep on this lift? It looks like some pretty heavy duty rotation on that bar.

Guest Bullitt

That's an insane lift by Theo! :rock

Just curious. Are any of you guys worried about blowing out a bicep on this lift? It looks like some pretty heavy duty rotation on that bar.

I haven't felt any bicep pain at all so far. If you build up slowly I don't think it should be a problem. I know some people have blown biceps out with very heavy weight (I think Chris James did this attempting 352lbs awhile back). It is the main reason they went to the 2" rule I believe. Up, down, less rotation due to shorter lift. But like I said, I have not had a problem yet. I don't supinate quite as far as Theo did in that video, so i have less rotation anyway. Plus I'm using considerably lighter weight. :D The weights rotate a lot more than the bar does, but the more you supinate, the more rotation.

Edited by Bullitt

I guess it just depends on your physical makeup too. I've pulled 400lbs+ a few times and haven't torn a bicep yet. Knock on wood of course.

Still no v-bar Mike. I'm hoping to have it sometime next week though.

I watched Ben's demo video, and right now my plan is to use the over-grip exclusively. I'm guessing that's not the best technique for pulling maximum weight, but I don't want to risk a biceps injury.

Guest Bullitt

I watched Ben's demo video, and right now my plan is to use the over-grip exclusively. I'm guessing that's not the best technique for pulling maximum weight, but I don't want to risk a biceps injury.

Let me know when you get it bro. I'm giving the 2" vbar (like in Ben's vid) a run at Jedd's comp tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes!

Guest Bullitt

Let me know when you get it bro. I'm giving the 2" vbar (like in Ben's vid) a run at Jedd's comp tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes!

No 1" vbar updates, but I was able to pull 240# on Jedd's 2" FBBC vbar at his comp on Saturday. Good times!

It showed up today.............about an hour after I just finished an RT/Pinch workout. Needless to say, I didn't give it a try. I'll give it a go 6 days from now!

On a different note: I also ordered a 4x gripper. It's freakin' awesome! The spread on this thing is 3 1/8". :rock

Guest Bullitt

It showed up today.............about an hour after I just finished an RT/Pinch workout. Needless to say, I didn't give it a try. I'll give it a go 6 days from now!

On a different note: I also ordered a 4x gripper. It's freakin' awesome! The spread on this thing is 3 1/8". :rock

Dang! That's wide! :blink

Get to work on that vbar buddy. :D

I know there will be some 350+ pulls in the near future thanks to this challenge thread.

Ben,

I watched your video about the three different v-bar techniques. Thanks for making that.......it was very helpful. Do you think it's possible to pull some big weight using only the "over-grip"?

I know there will be some 350+ pulls in the near future thanks to this challenge thread.

Ben,

I watched your video about the three different v-bar techniques. Thanks for making that.......it was very helpful. Do you think it's possible to pull some big weight using only the "over-grip"?

It's definitely possible! I've pulled 350+ that style and around the same with the "handshake grip." If I favored those styles and trained them I know that number would be near the 400 mark after a while.