1" Vbar Race

Guest Bullitt

Marvelous jump Mike! I had some big jumps here and there and I hope yours continue until you hit 400lbs and beyond man.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bencrush

• IROC-Z

• AdamTGlass

• Shoggoth

Guest Bullitt

Marvelous jump Mike! I had some big jumps here and there and I hope yours continue until you hit 400lbs and beyond man.

In the words of Sam Solomi: "400lbs sounds sexy!" :rock

Cool to see guys training the 1" VBar again.

Yea, Ben got me into this lift a few months ago. I love it!

You were getting too close to me Todd. Big jump!

302 lb righty, 262lb lefty.

Video coming.

Way to go Mike! :rock

Dude........You're crushing me! :laugh

Guest Bullitt

You were getting too close to me Todd. Big jump!

302 lb righty, 262lb lefty.

Video coming.

Way to go Mike! :rock

Dude........You're crushing me! :laugh

You were getting too close for comfort. Plus you passed me lefty. I couldn't let that stand. :laugh:laugh

• 2 weeks later...

43 lbs to go. Just sayin':

Nice work bro! :rock

I'm still toying around with 260-270 after my RT workouts. I really like this lift, but it kills the skin on the outer edge of my hand (pinky side of the hand, but near the wrist). I know........I should probably just toughen up and add some weight to the bar! :blush

Great pull Mike!!! You're getting up there buddy. Keep smashing away and you'll hit 350 in no time.

Guest Bullitt

Nice work bro! :rock

I'm still toying around with 260-270 after my RT workouts. I really like this lift, but it kills the skin on the outer edge of my hand (pinky side of the hand, but near the wrist). I know........I should probably just toughen up and add some weight to the bar! :blush

It's a strange lift Todd. Sometimes your skin feels like it can lift a truck and other times warmups at 200lbs feel like they weigh a ton. I like the idea of doing this after RT. I have been doing it after my axle work. It gets the skin warmed up real good. Then I just do a few warmup singles going up in weight and on 5th single I go for a max. My skin is usually only good for about 4 - 6 pulls before it says stop. I have also found that waiting for 4 - 5 minutes right before the max pull helps. Lets the skin cool down just enough, but still warm enough to get one big pull. You will catch me in no time bro.

Great pull Mike!!! You're getting up there buddy. Keep smashing away and you'll hit 350 in no time.

Thanks bro, but I've got a long way to go before I catch you. Felt like I had about 10 - 20 more pounds in me on this one, but that spot that tore before was stinging way too bad to risk it.

[quote name='Bullitt' date='20 October 2009 - 06:35 PM'

It's a strange lift Todd. Sometimes your skin feels like it can lift a truck and other times warmups at 200lbs feel like they weigh a ton. I like the idea of doing this after RT. I have been doing it after my axle work. It gets the skin warmed up real good. Then I just do a few warmup singles going up in weight and on 5th single I go for a max. My skin is usually only good for about 4 - 6 pulls before it says stop. I have also found that waiting for 4 - 5 minutes right before the max pull helps. Lets the skin cool down just enough, but still warm enough to get one big pull. You will catch me in no time bro.

I know what you mean Mike. I worked the v-bar a little bit after my RT workout this afternoon. I had a great day on the RT, but the v-bar felt like it weighed a ton today. I failed miserably on 270 with right and left.

How often do you train v-bar? Any other movements that you think carry over well to a lift like this?

Guest Bullitt

[quote name='Bullitt' date='20 October 2009 - 06:35 PM'

I know what you mean Mike. I worked the v-bar a little bit after my RT workout this afternoon. I had a great day on the RT, but the v-bar felt like it weighed a ton today. I failed miserably on 270 with right and left.

How often do you train v-bar? Any other movements that you think carry over well to a lift like this?

Right now I'm only training it every 10 days or so. I don't think it lends itself to frequent training. I would train it more frequently, but I'm concentrating on the MM2 right now.

Oh no he didn't!!!! :ohmy

23 lbs to go.

327 lbs:

You are a v-bar monster! :bow:bow

Congrats bro! :rock

Great work Mike!!! That's what I like to see man! If you lived closer I'd actually train the 1" vbar just so we could push each other a bit.

Guest Bullitt

23 lbs to go.

327 lbs:

You are a v-bar monster! :bow:bow

Congrats bro! :rock

Nah, that's Ben, but I'm getting there.

Great work Mike!!! That's what I like to see man! If you lived closer I'd actually train the 1" vbar just so we could push each other a bit.

Thanks bro. But I'm kinda glad you're not. If you kept improving, I would have no chance to ever catch you. :laugh Thanks for all the help on this Ben. You are the one that got me started.

Oh I get it, you talk me into joining in, then eclipse my pr :upsidedwn

I'm going to give it a go today, don't think I'll be going anywhere near max though, just want to get a feel for it again.

Guest Bullitt

Oh I get it, you talk me into joining in, then eclipse my pr :upsidedwn

I'm going to give it a go today, don't think I'll be going anywhere near max though, just want to get a feel for it again.

HAHA, well this was totally out of the blue. I was not feeling it at the lower weights. Everything felt heavy. Then I just jumped from 265 to 327 and went for it thinking I would just shut it down. It came up about an inch, much to my surprise. So I rested up a bit and hit it.

It will take you a couple sessions to get the skin used to it and then you will be flying mate. :mosher

After some thick dumbell stuff, worked up to 115kg / 253lbs and it felt heavy as hell. Also felt most disagreeable to my ring finger knuckles, which are now slightly sore to the touch. Never noticed this before, but have heard others complain of it. Might try a different grip next time.

I'm on holiday next week, planning to train it every 9-10 days after that - I train on an MWF LULU split, so that's how often each workout comes around.

Good to see that you joined Paul! You've got a very solid 1" vbar pull right now. It'll only get better with some guys pushing you along.

Guest Bullitt

Goody is bringing a buddy who is new to grip over this Sunday and after the MM2 cert attempt we are going to have a grip training session. Gonna give 350 a run on the vbar and see if we can't get her to rise up and be counted. :D

Goody is bringing a buddy who is new to grip over this Sunday and after the MM2 cert attempt we are going to have a grip training session. Gonna give 350 a run on the vbar and see if we can't get her to rise up and be counted. :D

Excellent! Hope to hear that 350 has risen. My numbers go way up when I have people there with me. Very cool man.

23 lbs to go.

327 lbs:

Mike I never tried this lift but I think it's a lot of weight!!!! :yikes

You're a grip monster my friend and again good luck to you and Goody with the MM2...I'm

waiting to hear the good news! SMASH IT!!