Coc #2.5 Gripper Race.

crobb1320

So close I can taste it!!!!

Oh man,That is so freakin close,Way to go man.Your hard work is certainly paying off. :rock :rock

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crobb1320

• nostyle126

• mwhities

• indiladhar

Thanks. I surprised myself with that near close. Hopefully I'll be ready to give it another go Wednesday.

Hey, question for you all. What non-CoC gripper could be my next stepping stone between the 2.5 and the 3? The Tetting 5 is supposedly like the 2.5 and the 6 is like the 3. Is there no gripper in-between?

Thanks.

Hi just closed my #2.5 and well chuffed #3 feels miles away still but hope to get there this year. bit late for the race i know but had to tell people. yay :D

Well guys,I went to pilgrim grip yesterday and damn near got the 2.5.I was hoping to get it.I couldn't see it but they said it was a 1/16" or less from being closed,so close.I just couldn't get the last little bit.I was kinda pissed at myself,but thought ,hey,this was great progress and its going down very soon. :cool

I closed the 2.5 today!!! jotto witnessed it at armwrestling practice!

Great job Bro.The work has paid off,Get it on vid man.I am going to make a vid attempt this coming week.

I closed the 2.5 today!!! jotto witnessed it at armwrestling practice!

Congratulations and good job. I just checked your video you posted earlier in this thread and you have made some really nice and fast progress.

This is the one im talking about:

Great job Bro.The work has paid off,Get it on vid man.I am going to make a vid attempt this coming week.

Im gonna see if i can get an attempt on video in my next workout as well. It will probably be tomorrow or the day after depending on how my hands feels after todays pinch training.

• 4 weeks later...

I´ve just started training grip again.. I´ve closed the 2.5 before.. But I think that was an easy one.. I´ve sold it and ordered a new one. Now I do 3 reset closes with the #2. (with magnesium, without 1 or maby 2 closes). Not really anywhere near to close the 2.5. Im hoping to close it in 2-3 weeks though :)

Edited by Marcus

Thanks. I surprised myself with that near close. Hopefully I'll be ready to give it another go Wednesday.

Hey, question for you all. What non-CoC gripper could be my next stepping stone between the 2.5 and the 3? The Tetting 5 is supposedly like the 2.5 and the 6 is like the 3. Is there no gripper in-between?

Thanks.

The T5 is slightly harder than the #2.5, but you're better off getting it from Wade's store - Gripper Super Store - he has the best service and you should be getting a BeefBuilder Super Master.

Take into consideration, the knurling and feel of the BeefBuilders is much rougher than CoC's.

Personally, I don't like them - so it's a bit of a challenge to find a gripper between #2.5 and #3.

You most likely need an easier #3.

I would like to join but am i able to with my RB210. I would also like to find a gripper between 2.5 and 3.0. I have #3 and its hard as hell compared to my RB210. I really dont know, is my RB210 easy or not or is my #3 very hard. However the difference is pretty big i think. Gripper between those two would be nice to have. I have only crushed my own grippers so i dont know how hard is hard 3 or how easy is easy 3. That's bad because none of my grippers is not calibrated... I hope that you understood something about my bad english :).

Forgot about this race actually, i closed the #2.5 lefty last week or so :D

Thanks.

The T5 is slightly harder than the #2.5, but you're better off getting it from Wade's store - Gripper Super Store - he has the best service and you should be getting a BeefBuilder Super Master.

Take into consideration, the knurling and feel of the BeefBuilders is much rougher than CoC's.

Personally, I don't like them - so it's a bit of a challenge to find a gripper between #2.5 and #3.

You most likely need an easier #3.

I think the T5 and the Super Master are the same grippers(wire size), just different stampings on the handles.

• 3 months later...

I have no experience with it yet, but a HG300 gripper (which is quite cheap) falls between a #2.5 and #3 if I can recall correctly ...

• 3 weeks later...

Does this video qualify as a #2.5 close?

Problem is that the camera sucks so you can't see it clearly but I had the handles completely shut on it.

Also made a video of 12 Reps on the #2 :

Can the #3 be far off? I been doing overcrushes and reps in the fashion you see in these videos, any other suggestions?

THANKS!