Coc #2.5 Gripper Race.

crobb1320

I am still only at 8 mm. I only have 3-1/2 more weeks of this KTA program so i think i shoul start getting it closer real soon. If i could only take some time off from this program i think i could close it but with only 1 day rest at the best, it is really tough. I am just hoping this program follows through for me. It has done me good so far, when i started it i could only get to about 4 mm with the #2. So i am makign progress.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crobb1320

• nostyle126

• mwhities

• indiladhar

Had a go at it today.... I am still 1/8" away righty. It just seems I just can't get that last 1/8 inch. Strong sweep, solid then I just hit a brick wall right at the end...I have been doing over-crunches with a #1 also, I am using a choked HG300 to work on my close. Will try again in 3 days.

Good luck all...

Dave

Had a go at it today.... I am still 1/8" away righty. It just seems I just can't get that last 1/8 inch. Strong sweep, solid then I just hit a brick wall right at the end...I have been doing over-crunches with a #1 also, I am using a choked HG300 to work on my close. Will try again in 3 days.

Good luck all...

Dave

i had that same problem with the no.2, for a long time. A week break, and that gripper was DESTROYED.and once i knew i could do it, it became much easier to do time and again :)

All you guys are doing great.My next gripper attempts will be Tomorrow,I expect to be about the same as Wednesday which was an 1/8".But who knows maybe it will go.I might just have to turn the camera on just in case. :cool

Update please?

:)

Michael

Hey guys,

I know I wasn't in this race, but I have been working on closing the #2.5 for a few weeks now. I know, I know, I lurk :). I just wanted to say that I finally closed it earlier today!

I'll be sure to contribute more in the future!

Eric

awesome work! :rock

not too long before every1 else attains this feat also! :D

Thanks! (re first sentence). Got that right! (re second sentence) :D

All you guys are doing great.My next gripper attempts will be Tomorrow,I expect to be about the same as Wednesday which was an 1/8".But who knows maybe it will go.I might just have to turn the camera on just in case. :cool

Update please?

:)

Michael

Sorry for the update delay.Last Sunday was about the same.I was feeling a little crappy on Wednesday so I skipped grippers all together,so my next attempts will be on Sunday.

Michael,Those were some killer first attempts man,you'll kill that 2.5 soon for sure. :rock

figured id throw in an update, as in cant sleep.

had grip today, light crush work, just the beef builder, 3x10 supersetted with extensor bands (i LOVE training extensors in this fashion), along with some RT, and wide/thin pinching. other than the RT the day went pretty well, and im looking forward to saturday and some negatives with my filed 2.5, ill most likely make an attempt to close it with either hand also. im confident that itll close very soon, and ill be sure to let gripboard know wen it falls ;)

Hey guys,

I'd be interested in joining this race but i'd be going for it with my left hand since iv got it with my right already, i'm within a few mm with my left hand this doesnt mean i'm too far ahead to join does it?

Hey guys,

I'd be interested in joining this race but i'd be going for it with my left hand since iv got it with my right already, i'm within a few mm with my left hand this doesnt mean i'm too far ahead to join does it?

someone has already closed the 2.5 but we're all still goin at it.

left hand is fine, i myself am competing with a filed gripper.

Cool it's not really the race that's important, just wanted to get involved :D

Congrats to whoever closed it first.

fully agree. anything that brings the likes of us a little closer is always good :D

*looks forward tot he TNS 2.5 close race* :rock

I could get involved in that, havent quite got it yet with my right hand as it says in my signature :D

fully agree. anything that brings the likes of us a little closer is always good :D

*looks forward tot he TNS 2.5 close race* :rock

The whole idea here was a motivation booster,I know it helps me and others.I hope everyone involved gets it shut.I look forward to reading every ones progress and seeing the vids /pics. :cool

I might as well jump in. I just got my 2.5 this past wednesday. Here is a video of my first attempt out of the package. I'm sure I'm far behind many of you, but hey, it's all about taking on a challenge.

I might as well jump in. I just got my 2.5 this past wednesday. Here is a video of my first attempt out of the package. I'm sure I'm far behind many of you, but hey, it's all about taking on a challenge.

Great first attempt man.You will be a lot closer with chalk and a proper set.Some where on here John Eaton put up a great vid on gripper setting,I just tried to find it for you but I could not locate it.I am sure someone else could chime here that knows where to find it.Try to get the back handle up closer to base of your fingers.Once your fingers go past 90 degrees there is no more and with the rear handle that far back you will never get the handles to touch.Just some friendly advice,hope it helps.I think once got the set down you'll smash that thing down to at an 1/8".Good luck bro.

Great first attempt man.You will be a lot closer with chalk and a proper set.Some where on here John Eaton put up a great vid on gripper setting,I just tried to find it for you but I could not locate it.I am sure someone else could chime here that knows where to find it.Try to get the back handle up closer to base of your fingers.Once your fingers go past 90 degrees there is no more and with the rear handle that far back you will never get the handles to touch.Just some friendly advice,hope it helps.I think once got the set down you'll smash that thing down to at an 1/8".Good luck bro.

I'd love to see the video on gripper setting. Since day one I've pretty much just gone for broke without worrying about proper setting or looking for a dog leg or anything like that. I've gotten past the #2 without any technique but the 2.5 is a different story. I'm gonna have to actually learn how to set a gripper the right way.

I'd love to see the video on gripper setting. Since day one I've pretty much just gone for broke without worrying about proper setting or looking for a dog leg or anything like that. I've gotten past the #2 without any technique but the 2.5 is a different story. I'm gonna have to actually learn how to set a gripper the right way.

This video from Paul Knight is very informative on how to set a gripper.

Eric

^That's awesome. At the end he closes a 3 and a 3.5 like they're nothing. Jeesh. After watching that vid my vid is almost unwatchable, my form is so bad.

Thanks for posting that.

Edited by nostyle126

Hello all,

I did some gripper training last night.... I got to within 1/16" of an inch last night. That was late last night....then today just a little bit ago... I was showing my nephew my grip stuff and I started telling him about my 2.5 quest. he started trying my various grippers. I was showing him how to set a gripper. we were messing around with the my Vulcan and coc #1, #1.5, #2 I actually felt pretty good despite having trained grippers less than 12 hrs earlier....So I said what the heck and tried the 2.5.... 1st attempt was just as close as the night before 1/16"... I rested a few minutes and with some strong encouragement from my nephew I dug deep and CLOSED it hard! heck it even made a slight "click" noise. I even tried it a few minutes later making sure it was not some kind of illusion lol and closed it once again. I am one happy camper. I know this is not an official close as I did not tape or take a picture of the close but (I think, amoung others) the purpose of this fine "COC 2.5 gripper race" topic was more for inspiration and motivation... To that end, it truly was and I want to thank "crobb1320" for starting this topic and all you guys who participated.

I also want to thank Paul Knight... I viewed his how to set a gripper video for the first time last night (after I trained) and picked up a few tips that I am sure helped me today.

Thanks again all,

Dave

P.S. Where did I put my #3 lol

Edited by Dreadnought

This video from Paul Knight is very informative on how to set a gripper.

amazing video. watched this, learned a few new things, and tried my filed 2.5 a few times today, even though its not grip day.

on my 5th attempt i closed it! :rock (sorry guys, no video or pics, i used the *screaming at friend, "is it closed?!" technique*

big thanks to Paul Knight for the video, it really proved useful. :)

good job guys! and thanks for the shout-out. Keep practicing that set because that is one of the biggest things that helped me. You can't practice your set too much