• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crobb1320

• nostyle126

• mwhities

• indiladhar

wow from trainer to 2.5 in a month! that is incredible man! the close looked so effortless too, i'm surprised you were missing the others by a little. i think if you just find that comfort zone in your hand you will definitely close the #3 soon no set. you just gotta find out what feels right great job man!

I should have gotten on this earlier, but I didn't know that I would close the #2.5 all the sudden.

Anyway, today was my second workout in which I closed the #2.5 convincingly.

Pretty happy because I been stuck w/ the #2 for about a year.

I strongly recommend NEGATIVES as the key way to progress to the next level.

Some recommend to go up a whole level from what you're trying to close.

That seems pretty tough, I think if you can close a particular gripper, just go up to the next one which you can't close and do negatives on that (ex: if you can close #2 as your max, do negatives on #2.5).

:rock

I think I closed it guys....

I mark it as closed, what do you all think? :)

Closed!?

Michael

No question about it Michael - it is CLOSED !!!

I envy you just on the fact that you progressed so damn quick!

You're still TNS'ing the gripper and managed to close the #2.5 already.

Very impressive... have you tried to close w/ a set?

I think you'll conquer the #3 very shortly and heck since you're closing it w/ TNS, might as well go for your certification.

One month? Took me 2 years to close the #2.5 !!!

3/4 away from close

It took me a few tries, but I managed to close the 2.5 with my left hand today! And just for fun, I tried the #3 with my right hand, and it was only 1-2 mm away from closing it. That surprised the hell out of my. I think I'll be able to close that thing in about 2-3 weeks :)

Eric

It took me a few tries, but I managed to close the 2.5 with my left hand today! And just for fun, I tried the #3 with my right hand, and it was only 1-2 mm away from closing it. That surprised the hell out of my. I think I'll be able to close that thing in about 2-3 weeks :)

Eric

Congratulations! Good job :rock

Is closing a #2.5 a good feat of grip strength?

I'm still not satisifed, I think only the #3 can give me that feeling of accomplishment.

Then after that, you know the next goal would be the #3.5.

How many people worldwide would you say can most likely close the #2.5 ?

I think I closed it guys....

I mark it as closed, what do you all think? :)

Closed!?

Michael

No question about it Michael - it is CLOSED !!!

I envy you just on the fact that you progressed so damn quick!

You're still TNS'ing the gripper and managed to close the #2.5 already.

Very impressive... have you tried to close w/ a set?

I think you'll conquer the #3 very shortly and heck since you're closing it w/ TNS, might as well go for your certification.

One month? Took me 2 years to close the #2.5 !!!

Not sure I can set it right. The question came up the other night, could I "set" the gripper using my leg or something, then get someone to do the credit card test? I think I could do a lot better trying that. I'll also need to look for that bar someone mentioned that extends the leg and would allow an easier set to be had.

Michael

I'm still not satisifed, I think only the #3 can give me that feeling of accomplishment.

Closing the 2.5 is a great feat of hand strength IMO. Most average men can't close a 1.5 or a 1 for that Matter.You shouldn't be satisfied with the 2.5 since you have closed it now,as long as you can close it regularly you can call the 3 your goal.As for me I will not be satisfied until I consistently rep the 2.5 then I will start a routine for the 3.

I haven't chimed in here a while. I have had the stomach virus off and on for about 3 weeks. I've lost 7 pounds. I have lost some strength too. Excuses, excuses. I am hoping to kick the virus soon to get into the front line of the race here.

I'm about 2mm away from TNS my BBSM and my GF's dads 2.5. Both with no chalk but e-tape on the finger side of the SM.

Closing the 2.5 is a great feat of hand strength IMO. Most average men can't close a 1.5 or a 1 for that Matter.You shouldn't be satisfied with the 2.5 since you have closed it now,as long as you can close it regularly you can call the 3 your goal.As for me I will not be satisfied until I consistently rep the 2.5 then I will start a routine for the 3.

You're right. I am happy I can close the #2.5 consistently now - my only problem is that the left hand is lagging behind! Don't know what to do, I tried closing the #2.5 with my left and it wasn't even close. Makes me frustrated because it's slow to progress!

Wish the left was as easy as the right :)

Edited by DannyGrip

You're right. I am happy I can close the #2.5 consistently now - my only problem is that the left hand is lagging behind! Don't know what to do, I tried closing the #2.5 with my left and it wasn't even close. Makes me frustrated because it's slow to progress!

Wish the left was as easy as the right :)

My left if weaker as well,I am about a 1/8" off the #2 with my left,Never mind the 2.5 left.I think dexterity/control plays a big part with the non-dominant hand,at least for me it does,Sometimes my left hand just seems stupid and won't do what I want it to.Just keep working the left,it will get Better.

Update:Still an 1/8" off on the 2.5 No matter how hard I squeeze.Seems like I have hit that wall just like with the #2 awhile back.So Hopefully all of a sudden it will click.

Update: I did a new attempt today. I've had 6 days rest and it payed off a little it seems. Got #2,5 to 2mm i think, hard to see exactly, best attempt so far anyway. Also got a new pr with #2. Did 9 reps so thats 2 more then my old pr. Progress!

Hopefully #2,5 will be down in less then a month.

Are you guys STILL working on the #2.5...

:help :help :help :help

You guys know I'm picking. All of you rock! :mosher :mosher

*goes home and get spanked by his #3*

Michael

Great run at it man.Keep it going you'll get it soon :rock .Nice vid to,I just can't get a clear shot of the end of the handle like that.I guess my camera just plain sucks or something.

I just flip the camcorder digital screen backwards so I can see it as the camera is rolling. That way I know I've gotten a nice focused shot of the handle. I guess my camcorder just focuses well.

I just bought the KTA program last week. I've read it a couple of times but have yet to start it. I'm hoping it will help me crush the 2.5 and move on to bigger and better things.

Nice attempt :D I'm jealous that you have a camera that can focus that close :P

No update for me this week.Contest on Saturday so I am saving my energy for that.Who knows,maybe the 2.5 will die on contest day.I hope so. :cool