Coc #2.5 Gripper Race.

crobb1320

Is anybody interested in a friendly race to close the CoC 2.5?This means anybody who has NOT closed it before.Right now this is my goal gripperon the way to the MM0.Now that I am seriously training grippers again I thought this might add some motivation for me and others.Use any set you want and show a vid of the close.I am a 1/4" away on mine and seems to get a little closer every week. So is anybody game?Winner gets a big "That a boy" :D

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crobb1320

• nostyle126

• mwhities

• indiladhar

Is anybody interested in a friendly race to close the CoC 2.5?This means anybody who has NOT closed it before.Right now this is my goal gripperon the way to the MM0.Now that I am seriously training grippers again I thought this might add some motivation for me and others.Use any set you want and show a vid of the close.I am a 1/4" away on mine and seems to get a little closer every week. So is anybody game?Winner gets a big "That a boy" :D

I would, but I JUST found out that I can close a #1 easily. Looking to get a #1.5 and #2 by weeks end hopefully. So you are way to far ahead already.

Michael

Hey Guys,

I can close a #2 consistantly and have got to just within a milimetre of closing the 2.5 but just cant seem to close the bugger!

Not sure if it is fair for me to jump in on this now......

Maybe once you guys get to a three we can all start at the same time....I've been told the jump from 2 to 2.5 is not that bad but from 2.5 to 3 is massive!

The #2.5 is my goal gripper aswell right now so why not, im in :)

Haven't really made an serious attempt on closing it yet so not sure how far i am. Can get it past paralell at least, and my personal best on CoC #2 is 3 reps.

I'd like to get in on this. Although it might just be a matter of me getting a 2.5 because I can bang out 23 reps on my 2 right now. Im not sure how that translates but I would think I should be able to close a 2.5 or be real dang close.

I'd like to get in on this. Although it might just be a matter of me getting a 2.5 because I can bang out 23 reps on my 2 right now. Im not sure how that translates but I would think I should be able to close a 2.5 or be real dang close.

I bet you will crush the #2,5. Have you tried the #3?

i've never closed a 2.5 ...but i have closed a #3 can i still join? lol

Lol, I was gonna say the same thing :D

I bet you will crush the #2,5. Have you tried the #3?

Nope, the only gripper I've tried is the #2....nothin harder and nothin easier...im pretty anxious to get the 2.5 and the 3 though.

I would, but any time I've tried racing or whatnot it seems to end up slowing me down.

The last time I tried (the only time) I got ~3/8inch or 1/4 inch, pretty far from shut.

Ok so far thats just 2 of us,Myself and Zaqwer.There has got to be more than just us 2 ??

Edited by crobb1320

Well I can close it right-handed but I can give you a race with my left, although I don't expect to win because I have an injured thumb, wrist and elbow to heal on that side before I can get training on it again. I can usually get it to 1/4" or 1/8", one time I was ~1mm away. But like I said you have a couple weeks headstart while I get better.

im in the same boat - ive closed the 2.5 once or twice with my right hand (still far from consistent closes) but ive a while to go with my left. so i could race with my left hand :)

So we're up to 4 people,thats good. :)

So far it's:

crobb1320

Zaqwer

Broodingmoon

indi.

Chris,what did you do to injure your left in that many places??

Bigjan85,Your in if you want,although it sounds like you may kill the 2.5,don't know til ya try though.

Edited by crobb1320

Wrist - complete lack of flexibility, screwed it up doing power cleans to the rack position

Elbow - overtraining on grippers

Thumb - injured it setting grippers for my right hand, kinda pathetic I know and not sure what I did wrong but it's painful

I'll try. Although, I have been working towards the 2.5 for a while. I can get 3, sometimes 4, reps on a 2.

I'll try. Although, I have been working towards the 2.5 for a while. I can get 3, sometimes 4, reps on a 2.

This is perfect for you then,I think these things help motivate people.how close are you on the 2.5?

This is perfect for you then,I think these things help motivate people.how close are you on the 2.5?

close enough that I have asked my wife to check if it is closed - she said no, which to me means I have some time still

We are up to 6 now :rock This is great.Please post your progress.

1.crobb1320

2.Zaqwer

3.Broodingmoon

4.indi

5.djulian

6.Dreadnought.

I do my gripper training on Wednesday and Sunday.I just did them a couple hours ago,and I had the 2.5 under a 1/4" on the first attempt,the set really stuck good on that attempt,better than it usually does. :cool

I'll join this race Charlie, maybe it will motivate me!

Great Gerry,The more the merrier.Lets all get this 2.5 done. :rock

I tried the 2.5 last night. Got to my usual 1/4" righty and 1/2" lefty. I have been doing heavy negatives with my vulcan gripper. I think overall I am proberly over-training. I have been doing alot of pinch work (blobs, plates), 2" over hand dead lifts and rolling thunder.... in addition to my regular overall weight training. I am not sure how I should schedule all the grip stuff I want to do and still do (total body) weight training 2-3 times per week. Am I doing to much?

Regards,

Dave

Edited by Dreadnought