Coc #2.5 Gripper Race.

crobb1320

good job guys! and thanks for the shout-out. Keep practicing that set because that is one of the biggest things that helped me. You can't practice your set too much

Great vid Paul.Very good detail,thanks for chiming in with that.

And to all the guys involved in this race,AWESOME JOB.This race is turning out really cool.Glad to hear the progress. :rock

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crobb1320

• nostyle126

• mwhities

• indiladhar

Ok guys.. I'm catching up. I just closed my #2 earlier today. I'm now on the hunt to purchase a #2.5 and #3. I'm coming after all of you.

#2 close video coming in 15minutes +-....

Michael

Hey saw your videos.

You're new to Gripper training, aren't you?

Pretty Impressive & looking STRONG!

I think you should practice setting the gripper, it seems you're close to mashing the #2.5 without a set.

Set the gripper w/ your other hand, then go for the crush - I think you should be able to close it now already!

#3 shouldn't be far for you either, just practice on technique & getting the hands accustomed to the #2.5.

Danny

Edited by DannyGrip

Ok guys.. I'm catching up. I just closed my #2 earlier today. I'm now on the hunt to purchase a #2.5 and #3. I'm coming after all of you.

#2 close video coming in 15minutes +-....

Michael

Hey saw your videos.

You're new to Gripper training, aren't you?

Pretty Impressive & looking STRONG!

I think you should practice setting the gripper, it seems you're close to mashing the #2.5 without a set.

Set the gripper w/ your other hand, then go for the crush - I think you should be able to close it now already!

#3 shouldn't be far for you either, just practice on technique & getting the hands accustomed to the #2.5.

Danny

what is very inspiring about Michael is that he only has one arm and he still chooses to train grip against the odds and he's getting damn good fast! so really the only way for him to try to set would be by somehow pressing the gripper against his leg which seems hard, but you never know w/him ........ he's been bending steel that way :blink:blink

what is very inspiring about Michael is that he only has one arm and he still chooses to train grip against the odds and he's getting damn good fast! so really the only way for him to try to set would be by somehow pressing the gripper against his leg which seems hard, but you never know w/him ........ he's been bending steel that way :blink:blink

wow, props to you Michael! not many could do what you're doing! :rock

good job guys! and thanks for the shout-out. Keep practicing that set because that is one of the biggest things that helped me. You can't practice your set too much

the set itself really does a number on my palm :D

ive built up a little dry, tougher skin there from before, but this set really hits the skin hard. looks like im gonna have a painful few weeks until the skin toughens up enough :rock

EDIT:

i spent time yesterday tearing things, folded newspaper sheets, catalogues, old novel books that i collected over the years :D hands were kinda tired, so a shorter grip day today. tried some negatives with the no.3, the 1st set was held pretty deep, well within parallel, and the next 2 sets at or under parallel (15 sec holds) with extensor band work after each set.

also done some pinch work with 2 15kg plates, using my 2nd hand with just the thumb and ring+pinky to help hold the plates. aiming for 4 sets of 15 sec holds (failed by 4 secs on last set), and will eventually build up to a 1 handed pinch hold. determined to get 2 15's up! :happy

Edited by indiladhar

Here's my weekly update. Can't quite get it closed yet. I'm working on the technique of setting the gripper. I can tell it's going to take some practice. Here is my vid:

Couldn't help but give it one more shot today. Still couldn't close it, but I'm encouraged:

P.S. Why doesn't my above post allow me to edit the way this one does? I don't have an "edit" button above. Weird.

Edited by nostyle126

i think you can only edit within a set period of the posting time.

small update: decided to file my 2.5 down even further, so for a third time im unable to close it :D

still a long way away but i cant wait till i close the 3!

Update for me.I think I need more recovery time between gripper workouts.Tonites session was not as good,couldn't get it down to the 1/8" I had previous and every attempt after it was further and further away :angry: .I think I will do grippers every 5 days and not the 3-4 I had been doing.I usually have much better attempts when a workout gets skipped.out of curiosity How often have you guys been doing grippers????

I've found that when really pushing the envelope like I am now on the 2.5 I get burned out like you described. I'd like to be able to train twice a week but this past week I knew I wouldn't be up for it and just rested for a straight week. I felt much better yesterday when I gave it another shot. I think maybe once every 4 days is more ideal though, with an occasional full week off to keep from overtraining.

I think I closed it guys....

I mark it as closed, what do you all think? :)

Closed!?

Michael

Michael :rock Dude, your moving up the ladder incredibly quick. It's quite amazing.

Very nice Michael! Stout no set close man!

Thank you man. The #3 is going to be killer!

Michael :rock Dude, your moving up the ladder incredibly quick. It's quite amazing.

It's crazy. I just updated my sig and I started on the COC T exactly one month ago to the day. :) The #3 is going to get it's butt kicked too, just not as fast as the others. :)

Thanks all.

Michael

Wow you killed the 2.5 faster than I thought you would Michael, amazing job. I find your gripper progression to be absolutely amazing. I've been back to training grippers the last month myself after a layoff and you have already killed the 2.5, this gives me a ton of motivation to get my ass in gear and get training harder.

Sweet TNS Michael, congrats! :rock

Great Job Michael :rock Thanks for the motivation, keep it up

Closed!?

Michael

Looked closed to me,Great work Michael, :rock For that you get an official "THAT A BOY" :rock Kickin ass bro. And the rest of us need to continue to try to kill this thing they call the 2.5.-Lets Gitterdun.

Edited by crobb1320

Closed!?

Michael

Fast work Mike :rock

closed! :rock