Coc #2.5 Gripper Race.

crobb1320

Sign me up! I'll be doing it lefty though. Now I have a reason to train harder with my left.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crobb1320

• nostyle126

• mwhities

• indiladhar

Can I join? I dont think I've ever tried a #2.5 either. :D It would be TNS for me though to even it up some.

- Aaron

Can I join? I dont think I've ever tried a #2.5 either. :D It would be TNS for me though to even it up some.

- Aaron

TNS it with your balls, than we'll talk

Yea ok, I'll work on that. :rock:D

had a very different training session today. it was one of those extremely rare days that im inmy gym on grip day at the same time as my bro, so i figured today ill just work in with him and use whatever weight/equipment he uses.

started of with a max attempt on the 2.5 [im going for a left handed close in this race] , closed with right, and a good attempt with left. after that i held overcrushes with the 2 (the gripper my bro is training with), and knocked a few reps with the 1. onto hub lifts, held for 30secs+, and then i just toyed with the blobette. i made a quick rule to not let it sit on the floor for more than 10 secs, i can lift in any way possible. started 1 hand each, but gradually moved onto 2 hand lifts, tossing and catching with 2 hands. finished off with some very thin block pinches, performed in the same manner. [extensor band reps performed between sets here and there]

was really nice to do something different than what i usually do, my hands dont feel all that tired to be honest, but i had fun with my bro, and for today, thats all that mattered :D

Gerry,nice squeeze bro.looks very close,closer than me anyway. :rock Gerry don't you use chalk????,it doesn't look like it in the pic.

Ryan your in man.

Aaron,you never squeezed a 2.5?Bro,with your strength you probably started with a #3 :D

indi-sounds like it was a very intense workout,great job Bro.keep it going. :rock

Edited by crobb1320

I've been feeling good lately so i decided for todays gripper workout to go for an #2,5 attempt, first really serious one ever actually. After some warmup i gave it a squeeze and got it to a little less then 1cm (3/8"). The sweep felt really easy but thats to be expected i guess since i mostly train with a wide set. Gonna work hard on some negs with my #3 and oc's on my filed #1 so i can keep up/catch up in this race :D

Lone wolf your in to,man some of you guys are so close.

Heres a vid of one of tonites attempts,not my best attempts as the back handle slid back some,more or less a video test since I had not made any gripper vids before. Please critique. :cool

Any updates Guys???

I have one.Brendan and I did gripers tonite so I had a good witness to see actually how close it was.The fist 2 attempts I made were an 1/8" from closed,I was so close but couldn't get that last little bit.I did how ever smash my Rb 180 which cal'd right in between my 2 and 2.5.So all in all I am not to far off and happy with my progress so far.I am interested in how every one else is doing on there 2.5 battles. :cool

Edited by crobb1320

the last workout i done was the one i posted on here. been on a bit of a break since then. i completely forgot about this comp, and have already filed down my 2.5 to help bridge the gap to the no.3 (i can close 2.5 with right hand, the race for me was with left).

that being said, im more than willing to continue racing but with the filed 2.5 for my right hand. its only slightly filed so wen i do close it, ill just file it some more and continue racing.

I've been training my left harder and I'm making steady progress. My goal was to get this done by mid May...I think I'll be done sooner.

Ok guys.. I'm catching up. I just closed my #2 earlier today. I'm now on the hunt to purchase a #2.5 and #3. I'm coming after all of you.

#2 close video coming in 15minutes +-....

Michael

Ok guys.. I'm catching up. I just closed my #2 earlier today. I'm now on the hunt to purchase a #2.5 and #3. I'm coming after all of you.

Michael

Just watched your #2 close. I think you're going to put the hurt on a 2.5 when you get one.

I just made a new attempt on the #2,5. Think i've done a little progress since last time. Got it down to around 7mm(~1/4").

Michael

Watched your #2 videos. Really nice job. Wouldn't it be cheating if you could close the #2,5 as well right when you get it? I mean this is for us "weak" guys who are progressing towards it :D Well im looking forward to see how you do with it as easy as your #2 closes looked. Have you ordered it yet?

Michael

Just watched your #2 close. I think you're going to put the hurt on a 2.5 when you get one.

Maybe I'm not as weak as I thought I was... :) I appreciate it. I hope I do. :P

Michael

I just made a new attempt on the #2,5. Think i've done a little progress since last time. Got it down to around 7mm(~1/4").

Good job, you should have it before next weekend.

Watched your #2 videos. Really nice job. Wouldn't it be cheating if you could close the #2,5 as well right when you get it? I mean this is for us "weak" guys who are progressing towards it :D Well im looking forward to see how you do with it as easy as your #2 closes looked. Have you ordered it yet?

Thanks. It looked easy, but it wasn't. I am scared to try the #2.5 now. I'm sure it will be a month or so before I could close it. I was seriously lucky I could close this #2.

If I can close the #2.5 right when I get it, I'll won't race. I'll just look for the race to close the #3. ;) I won't mention anything about it... just you can't look in the #3 race and see me talking smack about you weak grippers "toying" with the #2.5..... ;) Kidding!!

No, I'm looking for it on here and any other boards. As much as I like to help and buy from IM's, I need to save money anyway I can. :) Have one for sale?

Michael

Edited by mwhities

No, I'm looking for it on here and any other boards. As much as I like to help and buy from IM's, I need to save money anyway I can. :) Have one for sale?

Michael

Can't say that i do. As addicted as i've become, buying new grippers all the time(16 so far) i still haven't gotten to the point where i've started buying more then one of each :)

And shipping from Sweden would maybe cost you more then buying from IM anyway :unsure

Well today I came my closest yet to closing the 2.5 righty... like an 1/8" so I really think it will be within the next week or 2.

Good luck fellas

Dave

P.S. Hey Michael good job on closing the #2... your making great and fast progress.

Michael

Can't say that i do. As addicted as i've become, buying new grippers all the time(16 so far) i still haven't gotten to the point where i've started buying more then one of each :)

And shipping from Sweden would maybe cost you more then buying from IM anyway :unsure

I'm trying to get extra si8de jobs so I don't blow the monthly budget my wife and I are on. :)

I noticed where you were from after I posted that. I figured it would be cheaper for me to fly to IM, pick it up personally and fly back then to get you to send one to me. :)

Well today I came my closest yet to closing the 2.5 righty... like an 1/8" so I really think it will be within the next week or 2.

Good luck fellas

Dave

P.S. Hey Michael good job on closing the #2... your making great and fast progress.

Very nice. I agree, you aren't far off from closing it. I need to hurry up and get my #2.5 in. :)

Thanks Dave. I just need to hurry before you close the #2.5. :)

Michael

All you guys are doing great.My next gripper attempts will be Tomorrow,I expect to be about the same as Wednesday which was an 1/8".But who knows maybe it will go.I might just have to turn the camera on just in case. :cool

Hey, can i join the race? I just started week 7 of the KTA program and my goal gripper is the 2.5. And to date my best attempt on the 2.5 is only 8 mm so i still have a ways to go. I am hoping that these next couple of weeks will get me there. And i like to idea of a race to keep me motivated. Between this and another race i am doing with bending, i have my hands full. But atleast it keeps me going!!

Hey, can i join the race? I just started week 7 of the KTA program and my goal gripper is the 2.5. And to date my best attempt on the 2.5 is only 8 mm so i still have a ways to go. I am hoping that these next couple of weeks will get me there. And i like to idea of a race to keep me motivated. Between this and another race i am doing with bending, i have my hands full. But atleast it keeps me going!!

Your absolutely in Mike,The whole idea behind this was to motivate myself and others and it seems to be working.Update us with your progress.Good luck Mike,your not far off.Your gonna kill that 2.5 soon. :rock

Great job!

that blob will be easy for you with some chalk

ship

hi guys, this is indi with a new account :)

gripper 2.5 updates:

-as mentioned earlier, i had fled my 2.5. yesterday i knocked a few negative holds with it, and can almost hold the handles closed with my left. i wish i had another 2.5 to see if i could now crush it with the left, but no worries.

-confident from yesterday i figured ill try a close with my right hand, and came within a mm or so, something im quite pleased about. bear in mind that its not heavily filed so the jump is very small. even so, ive found that small jumps with consistent closes help boost confidence, ill file it down more over the next few weeks.

-also tried the coc.3 with my right hand. wide setting, and i got to within parallel, so theres still quite a way to go for me :D