Hammy's Log

hamil1km

Week 2 of Backward training started today

Bench

10 sets of 4 @ 260lbs (this was much harder than I remember 10 sets of 3 @ 260lbs last week!)

Barbell Rows

10 sets of 4 @ 135lbs Strict form

Dips

10 sets of 4 @ bodyweight + 60lbs

Chest may be sore tomorrow LOL

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hamil1km

• cwdutton

• John Eaton

• Magnus

Back to the grind

Deadlifts

Decided to do double overhand grip today

10 sets of 4 at 225lbs (I'm a wimp today)

Zerchers

10 sets of 4 at 135lbs (much easier with towel around bar)

Tried to 1 arm deadlift with regular olympic bar at my side. Couldnt' quite get 205 but did get 185lbs right after 10 sets of regular deads!

Todays workout

OH presses

10sets of 4 at 135lbs (this was truly brutal this week)

Pullups

10sets of 4 at bodyweight (shoulders and upper back burning so bad from OH i couldn't add weight to pullups)

Reverse Grip Curls

10sets of 4 at 80lbs (used 100lbs for the 10x3 last week but biceps were so burnt from these other exercises I had to drop for strict form, oddly enough around the 6th set I started getting stronger on these )

Before my workout I decided to try to rep 300lbs on bench for max effort. I had no spotter , as usual, did 4 reps and felt pretty good but decided against going for me for my own safety . :D

Guest Bullitt

Very nice workout bruddah. Smart move not pushing the bench with no spotter. Still very nice getting 4 reps with 300. Almost time to by some more plates. :rock

Very nice workout bruddah. Smart move not pushing the bench with no spotter. Still very nice getting 4 reps with 300. Almost time to by some more plates. :rock

Once I can rep 300 6 or 7 times it'll be time to invest in another 300lb set I think. I wouldn't mind having another bar anyhow. We'll see!

Today is an off day for lifting so I did some hodge podge grip work

Grippers

RH

HG250 2x10

#2 2x10

HG200 2x15 inverted squeezes

HG200 did some overcrush penny holds did 4 sets and best time was 41 seconds

LH

#2 2x5

HG200 2x15 inverted squeezes

HG200 did some overcrush penny holds 4 sets best time was 38 seconds

Pinch Work

Did 3 good reps of deadlifting 2-25 plates smooth side out with RH. Couldn't get 1 rep with left hand today :angry:

Did 4 good reps of 2HP with 2-45s smooth side out.

NO chalk used on the pinch work

Hards are a little worn now :rock:rock:rock:rock

Guest Bullitt

Strong work bruddah. Those static holds with the penny seem to work my forarms better than doing high rep work with the HG200 or 250. I guess because you are squeezing as hard as you can the whole time. Doing 60 reps on the 200, I just mindlessly squeeze out reps and don't really have to put max effort in until the last 3 - 4 reps.

Strong work bruddah. Those static holds with the penny seem to work my forarms better than doing high rep work with the HG200 or 250. I guess because you are squeezing as hard as you can the whole time. Doing 60 reps on the 200, I just mindlessly squeeze out reps and don't really have to put max effort in until the last 3 - 4 reps.

Yup. Gonna have to resist the urge to crush today. Gonna "try" to take a few days off from the grippers and give em a good go Monday or so

Yesterday was another off day for lifting so I did some various gripper work throughout day

Right Hand

HG200 Penny hold overcrush 2 sets best time 45 seconds

HG200 inverted closes 2x15

#2 1x15, 1x10

2.5 1x6

2 slow negatives with the 2.5

Left Hand

HG 200 Penny hold overcrush 2 sets best time 21 seconds

HG200 inverted closes 2x15

#2 2x6

Left hand has been unusually sore lately with grippers so i'm not gonna do so much work with it :(

I also decided to have a go at 300lbs on the bench for max reps. I wasn't happy with my 4 attempts on Tuesday and wanted 6 or 7. I got 5 this time. My back and shoulders were still a little fatigued from Tuesdays workout so I think if I had a week of rest I would be at 6 or 7 if I had a spotter .

Backward training continued this morning. I decided to start doing my workouts in the morning before work sometimes

Squats

10 sets of 4 @ 225lbs

Romanians

10 sets of 4 @135lbs

Bullitt Challenged me to do as many pullups as I could with 245lbs. For me I had to add 35lb plate to my current BW. Bullitt did 9. I did 9 also . Tried my hardest to get that 10th rep but didn't have enough in the tank :(

Early morning workout

OH Presses

5 sets of 5 @ 135lbs

5 sets of 5 @ 125lbs (ran out of gas at 135lbs had to drop down to maintain strict form)

Pullups

10 sets of 5 @ BW

Reverse Grip Curls

10 sets of 5 @ 80lbs

Working out at 5am isn't fun < <

Started the "Squats n Milk" program today. I'm using deads in place of squats for pure safety reasons. I don't have a squat or power rack at home.

Deadlifts

1x 20 at 185lbs (taking anywhere from 3 to 7 deep breaths between every set. This sounded like it wouldn't be that hard to me. Boy was I wrong)

Dumbbell pullover

1x20 immediately after deads. Used 15lb bell thats all I have and the purpose of this is simply for more deep breathing and to stretch anyway

Bench Press

2x8 @ 255lbs (should of did a little more weight but wasn't sure how taxed I was from deads)

Barbell Rows

2x8 @ 135lbs

For those of you not familiar with this program it calls to do these core exercises 2 or 3 times a week for 6 weeks and you add 5lbs to the deadlift set every workout. Suppose to pack a ton of muscle on you in short time. You are also suppose to drink a gallon of milk a day. I'm opting to do .5 gallon of skim. We'll see how it works out.

There is a longer version that also includes a couple "fluff" exercises as well as some curls. I'm doing this one because I like a 30 minute workout.

I was gonna do some gripper work today but I think I'll be waiting til tomorrow now. 1x20 on the dual OH grip deads fried my grip. Not easy to hold the bar that long.

I decided to get some practice with the camera.

My hands were a little fried from the 20 rep deads this morning but did around 23 second Penny Hold on the #2 stronghand and about 9 seconds on weakhand.

Video makes it look like penny is braced on my hand a little but I assure you it wasn't.

heres the vid let me know what ya'll think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYN16K0ITDA

Deads N Milk

Deads

1x20 @190lbs

Pullovers

1x20 w 10lb dumbbell just to breathe and stretch

Dips

2x8 w BW+45lbs

Pullups

2x8 BW

Strong! I love this workout!

Such an enjoyable workout

Deads N Milk baby

Deads

1x20 @195lbs

Pullovers

1x20 @ 15lbs

Bench

5 reps @300lbs

8 reps @275lbs

Barbell Rows

8 reps @ 135lbs

8 reps @ 135lbs

Guest Bullitt

It would be interesting to see how many reps you could get with 300 if you had a spotter and could push it. Nice Work bruddah!

Thanks

Yea I think i could push harder with a safety net. Oh well. Someday