Hammy's Log

hamil1km

I joined this board probably about a month ago per the suggestion of my pal Bullitt. And now i'm going to start a training log to report results and also keep track of how I'm progressing on my workouts.

So for starters here are a couple goals I have for the next year.

1. Complete the medium format in next year's GNC Grip Gauntlet (I've never competed in this previously)

2. Raw bench 400lbs by the end of 2009 (this could be a tall order but I'll die trying)

3. Get C o C #3 certified by end of 2009

I'm 27yrs old 6' and around 205lbs. To give ya'll a little background I was into weight training fairly seriously back in the day when I was 16-19 yrs old. Like a lot of high school/college kids I focused on Bench more than anything else. Could never gain weight back then and weighed 165-175lbs and could bench 350lb raw. Well, I had a hiatus from weight lifting when I got a couple years into college and then got into the real world working full time. I dabbled here and there but nothing consistent. I also started Gripper training daily about a year ago and kept at it for a couple months with some buddies at work (Bullitt included) and then after leaving that job in Sept. last year I stopped using the Grippers until getting back into the swing of things recently.

I got back in weight training and gripper training full time again about a month ago.

I used to use Heavy Grips for all my training I have all of them from 150-350. After realizing the C o C is the gold standard I picked up the #2 and #2.5 a few weeks back and have been using them mostly with the occassional high rep workout with HG 200.

Here is where I stand right now on a few things that pertain to my goals.

My raw bench is around 315-320lbs right now ( I need to get more weight since I only have 300lb set right now)

My PR's on the 2.5 C o C 6 reps in stronghand and 3 reps on weakhand

I've been doing a lot more deadlift work along with other core strength exercises to build power

for the next 3 weeks I'm doing Backward training routines with exercises to see what kind of gains I get from it. Here was my Saturday workout since I took yesterday off after 6 days of straight training.

BENCH

10sets X 3 reps 260lbs (with 6 reps on the 10th set)

DIPS

12 x bodyweight

6 x 90lbs added

6x 90lbs added

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hamil1km

• cwdutton

• John Eaton

• Magnus

Another guy roughly the same size as myself + about 8ish years! Yay! Everyone seems to be around 200lbs on here. I look forward to watching your progress!

Welcome man! i will be following your log!

I weight 200 lbs aswell(to Zach)!:-)

Edited by ewokhugo

Welcome to the board. Have fun training! :rock

thanks dudes!

I can cut down to 180 if it'd make you guys feel better. LOL

Continued with the Backward Training routine theme last night.

Deadlift

5 sets X 3 reps @ 225lbs

5 sets X 3 reps @ 255lbs (suppose to do 10 sets of 3 at 1 weight but I haven't done enough deads in my time and didn't know exactly what weight to start with)

Zercher Squats (first time trying these per Bullitts suggestion)

10 sets of 3 @ 135lbs (final set did 12 reps)

Should have did more weight on the Zerchers but definitely need to get used to form and also need to wrap bar with towel. It's tough on the crook of the arms. Upper forearms are bruised this morning due to my ignorance.

if you have an axle use that for zerchers, it feels much better on your arms

I wish I did. Unfortunately i'm stuck using a lowly olympic bar

congrats for trying new exercices!

Zerchers are great for benders ...( i am too lazy to lift now)

dont cut any weight we can make a "team"!!!lol:-) keep going!

i am interest to see how far can u go with grippers:-)...

Guest Bullitt

A team of little people. :laugh

They could make a reality show. Oh wait... i think they already did. Little People, Big World! lol

Hammy will get the #3 closed before the end of the summer (I think he could close it right now). No doubt! And look out for him at the Hybrid Competition in Michigan. For a little feller, he's a beast!

Zerchers are awesome. I forgot to warn him about the forearms though. oops. :blush

A team of little people. :laugh

They could make a reality show. Oh wait... i think they already did. Little People, Big World! lol

Hammy will get the #3 closed before the end of the summer (I think he could close it right now). No doubt! And look out for him at the Hybrid Competition in Michigan. For a little feller, he's a beast!

Zerchers are awesome. I forgot to warn him about the forearms though. oops. :blush

Don't look out for me in the Hybrid Competition. I got a long ways to go to do damage in that. Be lucky to finish in top ten prolly

Pullups

5 sets of 3 with bodyweight

1 set of 3 with 25lbs added

4 sets of 3 with 10lbs added (after first 5 sets I decided to add weight but realized 25lbs was too much for strict form on a wide grip pullup)

OH Press

10 sets of 3 with 135lbs

Reverse Grip Curls

10 sets of 3 with 100lbs

I did a little gripper work for high reps with my 200HG

RH 52 reps on 1st set (this was failure in the morning)

LH 41 reps on 1st set (this was failure in the morning)

Bullitt did some high rep work and blew these numbers away so I had a go at them again in the afternoon. =)

RH 65 reps PR

LH 52 reps PR

After my backward training legs workout on Monday and this workout yesterday the whole body is roasted

Decided to try some 10x3's with grippers

Was planning on doing 10x3 with C o C 2.5 for stronghand and 2 with weakhand.

Got through a couple sets and realized my hands were too fried, i'm assuming from high rep HG 200 yesterday and deads earlier this week.

So did about 5 sets of each hand with 2.5 and 2.0 respectively.

Then had a run at 2.5 with stronghand this afternoon and hit a new PR 7 reps. Felt real good. Thought I may get to 10 but hit that wall quick after busting out 6 reps fast

I closed the hog on my second attempt. Today was suppose to be a rest day on the lifting front. I was bored so Decided to have a go at 225lbs for reps on bench. Did 17 I should be ready for about 350 1RM . Getting closer to my goal of 400 raw baby!

Backward training I go

Squats

10 sets of 3 @ 225lbs

Romanian Deads

10 sets of 3 @135lbs ( I added 20lbs after first set because 135 felt too light but w 155 I couldn't get perfect form. This was my first time doing Romanians)

Nothing too exciting today