Gripmas Carol 2009

climber511

Ten days to get your entry forms in. So far we have 5 guys and one lady signed up.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• climber511

• Jedd Johnson

• Bob Lipinski

• MalachiMcMullen

I wish I could make it, Chris. My wife and I are expecting our first child in December, so there's no chance for me. My best to all those who make it out!

I wish I could make it, Chris. My wife and I are expecting our first child in December, so there's no chance for me. My best to all those who make it out!

What's with you guys having babies just to get out of coming to my contest? :inno hehe!!! Best of luck to all of you! And congratulations!

What's with you guys having babies just to get out of coming to my contest? :inno hehe!!! Best of luck to all of you! And congratulations!

HAHA! Thanks, Chris. I will make it to this contest someday...I promise!

I decided to compete but I've spent all afternoon trying to reconcile my very restricted 'free' airline tickets with the Gripmas date and just can't make it work. I knew they were limited in terms of flight availability but I was pretty sure I could pick up a flight somewhere between Saturday night and Monday afternoon! The best flight time options I had were to arrive on Friday and leave on Tuesday (and unfortunately I have to be here early on Tuesday). I can't afford the expense right now without the flight paid for. I was really looking forward to it, too.

Melissa (and I'm assuming it's Melissa who's signed up!) - you've a pass this time, girlfriend. But, we will meet. :shifty:laugh;)

I decided to compete but I've spent all afternoon trying to reconcile my very restricted 'free' airline tickets with the Gripmas date and just can't make it work. I knew they were limited in terms of flight availability but I was pretty sure I could pick up a flight somewhere between Saturday night and Monday afternoon! The best flight time options I had were to arrive on Friday and leave on Tuesday (and unfortunately I have to be here early on Tuesday). I can't afford the expense right now without the flight paid for. I was really looking forward to it, too.

Melissa (and I'm assuming it's Melissa who's signed up!) - you've a pass this time, girlfriend. But, we will meet. :shifty:laugh;)

Actually it's Nick Rosendauls wife Andrea - Melissa isn't sighed up yet. I'm really sorry you can't make it - was looking forward to meeting you!

Yup some how my wife wanted to do it. I didn't even have to talk her into it. I told her i needed to go and check her temp to make sure she was ok. :yikes

Guest Bullitt

Bummer. We may both be coming down for the AZ cactus thing. Maybe they can have a head to head comp for you two ladies. :mosher Melissa's entry form is filled out and will be in the mail tomorrow. Had to wait for payday.

Edited by Bullitt

Bummer. We may both be coming down for the AZ cactus thing. Maybe they can have a head to head comp for you two ladies. :mosher Melissa's entry form is filled out and will be in the mail tomorrow. Had to wait for payday.

As will mine.

Actually it's Nick Rosendauls wife Andrea - Melissa isn't sighed up yet. I'm really sorry you can't make it - was looking forward to meeting you!

Well, I'd only ever trash-talked to Melissa (and without incident too, lol) so it's probably better I didn't know! :laugh

I was too, Chris! Lots of talent up that way I was hoping to meet and see in action!

Exactly! I was very disappointed. So far, then, it's Andrea v Melissa! Can't wait to see how they do. A head to head in AZ? That'd be great!

Btw, my second option after Gripmas for using the tickets? Cancun. I'd bought an outrageously cheap vacation a while back and, with the free flight, would have spent nearly zip for a few days of sun and fun. I just remembered tonight, however, that my 10-yr passport expired in July. :rolleyes

Yup some how my wife wanted to do it. I didn't even have to talk her into it. I told her i needed to go and check her temp to make sure she was ok. :yikes

:laugh Is it her first grip comp? If so, that's great, Nick. I hope she has a blast.

I really appreciated seeing Chris jump out and offer a women's division. I haven't been around the board long enough to know how often that happens but, since I'm about the only woman posting on the board this year (that I'm aware of), I'd say there's not been a huge impetus, at least, to do so.

If it's not offered, sure, I have no problem entering a regular division against the guys to see what I can do, but I'm not uncompetitive either. Take the gripper event with, say, Paul competing. Just how many reps on a Trainer will get me ready for that?? That's not just last but 'turn off the lights when you're done' last! :laugh;)

:laugh Is it her first grip comp? If so, that's great, Nick. I hope she has a blast.

I really appreciated seeing Chris jump out and offer a women's division. I haven't been around the board long enough to know how often that happens but, since I'm about the only woman posting on the board this year (that I'm aware of), I'd say there's not been a huge impetus, at least, to do so.

If it's not offered, sure, I have no problem entering a regular division against the guys to see what I can do, but I'm not uncompetitive either. Take the gripper event with, say, Paul competing. Just how many reps on a Trainer will get me ready for that?? That's not just last but 'turn off the lights when you're done' last! :laugh;)

I know several women get dragged along on all the grip contest trips and thought some of them might actually enjoy competing instead of watching all the time. I just hope I have as many compete as I have trophies made up (3).

Guest Bullitt

I know several women get dragged along on all the grip contest trips and thought some of them might actually enjoy competing instead of watching all the time. I just hope I have as many compete as I have trophies made up (3).

I'm pretty sure Brent's wife is competing as well. I know she's training.

Yes Mary Ann is coming - she's a strong girl, does the Highland Games very well also. I think she's also doing the ultra running stuff right now. Plus she keeps Brent in line - gotta be one tough lady!

Nice! :) Thanks for posting those, Nick! Glad Chris will have at least three women competitors there.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris, Im in. I also may be bringing at least 2 maybe even 4 upcoming gripsters!

Bump to Dan - you and your friends going to make it?

• 4 weeks later...

Dan Sweeney just PMed me and he and two friends will be coming to Gripmas to compete. That will bring us to 25 competitors. WOW - we may have to have an intermission!

Dan Sweeney just PMed me and he and two friends will be coming to Gripmas to compete. That will bring us to 25 competitors. WOW - we may have to have an intermission!

:rock :rock :rock

Thorton, Zach, and I are coming, Jesse and Jeff Parker from the MI comps will be there. Which guys are you bringing Dan?

Really looking forward to this. Lots of old friends, and a few of the new guys I am looking forward to meeting.

Guest Bullitt

Thorton, Zach, and I are coming, Jesse and Jeff Parker from the MI comps will be there. Which guys are you bringing Dan?

Really looking forward to this. Lots of old friends, and a few of the new guys I am looking forward to meeting.

Here was the last list Chris posted. Plus you Dan. :D

Chris Rice LtWt

Josh Dale LtWt

Bob Lipinski LtWt

Zach Coulter LtWt

Chuck Carnes LtWt

Bob Sundin LtWt

Jedd Johnson Open

Mike Rinderle Open

Jesse Reimann Open

Nick Rosendaul Open

Brent Barbe Open

Mike Krahling Open

Brad Ardrey Open

Rick Freitag Open

Dave Thornton Open

Jeff Parker Open

John Eaton Open

Clayton Gellatly Open

Chad Woodall Open

Andrea Rosendaul Ladies

Mary Ann McKeague Ladies

Melissa Rinderle Ladies

Edited by Bullitt

Doc talked about wanting to get together Friday night before the comp and eat here http://www.brewscafe.com/maps.php It's very good and kind of between where everyone is staying. Let us know who's up for it.

I'll let you know after I find out what time everyone plans to get to my house.

2009 Gripmas Swap Meet – I don’t know if anyone besides me has stuff but here is what I will have at Gripmas. Bring whatever you want to move out of your gym so you can get different stuff to trip over. :blush

Chris Rice

All this stuff is for sale or trade – feel free to make an offer on anything. I want to move it all out.

• Rubber flooring 3’ x 37’(Pickup Only) – For Sale or Trade $75 – that’s more rubber for less money than stall mats.

• Odd sized roll of rubber flooring. $35

• Dinnie Stone Trainers – For Sale - $80

• 2 Kegs – empty – Trade for about anything

• Various odd sized V - Bars - Trade for about anything

• Valeo Lifting belt – Medium - Trade for about anything

• Incline sit up board for Power Rack – needs pads and board – this is the steel part only. Trade for about anything

• Pull down setup – it came from my basement but it does have 3 usable pulleys and a fair bit of steel - with a little work – this could be made to work as a free standing unit. Trade for about anything.

• 220 V Window Air Conditioner – big sucker – worked fine when I put it away. – Free or trade for about any thing you want out of your garage  - this thing would be great in a garage gym.

• A bag of old steel I reverse bent – could still be crushed down if anyone wants it. Free or it goes in the trash.

• A few other items – DB handles etc for not much money or small trade.

Things I want to trade for or buy

• 32K Dragondoor Kettlebell - old style only – made in USA - trying to match the one I have already

• 40K or 48K kettlebell – any model.

• Book - Athletic Body in Balance, Gray Cook

• DVD (2) Secrets of the Shoulder – Cook and Jones

• DVD Secrets of the Hip and Knee – Cook & Jones

• Qigong or Tai Chi books or DVDs = any

• Elbow Sleeves

• Foam Roller

• Weight Vest – 40# or more

• P 90 X – DVD etc

• Z Health – I Phase

• Z Health – S Phase

• Z Health - T Phase