• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• climber511

• Jedd Johnson

• Bob Lipinski

• MalachiMcMullen

What is the length of the handle of the sledge? Is it just the 31" above the head that Rex talks about? And do you have a way to add weight to the sledge or does it just go 12, 16 then 20 lb? i'm just curious, i've never competed in any sledge comps and i was thinking about starting.

Mike - If we end up with a ladies class - I'll have to get a six pound hammer or else make up a home made setup for them. I have an eight pound one and then I have an adjustable sledge based on a 10# sledge. We will be able to make fairly small jumps of about a half pound at a time from ten to whatever we need.

I like the idea of 1/2 lb increments, that will make it real easy to rank who is better.

How about the length, is the handle 31" from the head of the sledge?

The handle section that sticks out is 31". Overall is 33 3/4" - the set up is based on a normal 10# sledge hammer.

Thank you, i just wanted to make sure i train the right way incase i can make it to your contest.

What is the length of the handle of the sledge? Is it just the 31" above the head that Rex talks about? And do you have a way to add weight to the sledge or does it just go 12, 16 then 20 lb? i'm just curious, i've never competed in any sledge comps and i was thinking about starting.

Mike - If we end up with a ladies class - I'll have to get a six pound hammer or else make up a home made setup for them. I have an eight pound one and then I have an adjustable sledge based on a 10# sledge. We will be able to make fairly small jumps of about a half pound at a time from ten to whatever we need.

I like the idea of 1/2 lb increments, that will make it real easy to rank who is better.

How about the length, is the handle 31" from the head of the sledge?

The handle section that sticks out is 31". Overall is 33 3/4" - the set up is based on a normal 10# sledge hammer.

Thank you, i just wanted to make sure i train the right way incase i can make it to your contest.

"Incase"? Of course you'll make it! :D :D :D

So who's in up to this point?

I am working on Rick Walker to make the ride with us. With his intense training, Rick could be back in contest form in a few weeks. He's got a busy family life though so he can't commit to it right now.

Also, I am working on Brad and Eli. Brad closed a three yesterday at the workout and did tons of volume of wrist work yesterday. Eli actually beat me in grippers and in thick bar lifts yesterday. I always seem to rise to the occasion at contests, but if he trained for a grip contest, I think he would beat me in grippers these days and possibly in the axle. Unfortunately, Eli is preparing for a powerlifting meet right now, so he's not entertaining it at this time. Brad, not sure.

Anyway, I am trying to bring back some old faces.

I am fully intending on being there. Who else is in?

So who's in up to this point?

I am working on Rick Walker to make the ride with us. With his intense training, Rick could be back in contest form in a few weeks. He's got a busy family life though so he can't commit to it right now.

Also, I am working on Brad and Eli. Brad closed a three yesterday at the workout and did tons of volume of wrist work yesterday. Eli actually beat me in grippers and in thick bar lifts yesterday. I always seem to rise to the occasion at contests, but if he trained for a grip contest, I think he would beat me in grippers these days and possibly in the axle. Unfortunately, Eli is preparing for a powerlifting meet right now, so he's not entertaining it at this time. Brad, not sure.

Anyway, I am trying to bring back some old faces.

I am fully intending on being there. Who else is in?

Im definitely planning on being there

I'll be there as well.

I want to remind everyone that we are having the Swap Meet again this year. Buy - sell - or trade equipment, books, DVDs etc. Last year a lot of stuff was moved - bring it if possible or just bring a list of your items and work it out as you all see fit. No kickbacks to me - just a chance to get some different toys.

Will be there if my wife is employed by then, if not, won't be able to make it. I'm training the sledge either way.

Will be there if my wife is employed by then, if not, won't be able to make it. I'm training the sledge either way.

Sure hope she can find a job Josh - it wouldn't be the same without you here. Plus I hear you're skinny now a days!

Holy CRAP that's a lot of people saying they are in. Awesome.

I'm certainly going to try and get out there, then...

I'm getting excited now - I have a large venue available and ready to go and I'm working on getting enough judges, loaders, score keepers etc to run more than one event at a time if we need to do that. We've had 22 competitors and a good number of spectators in my garage but come one everyone - sign up and we'll move to the Recreation center - heck, if we do that, we will even have a climbing wall to play on after the competition!

Climber, any idea on what will be included in the medley?

Jedd

Melissa

John Eaton

Zach Coulter

Clayton

Incindium

Chris Rice

Bob Lipinski

Josh?

Brouse?

Walker?

Eli?

Quite the group just on this page...

I looked at plane tickets last night on cheaptickets.com .... they were only $258 from DFW to Columbus .. that's with the taxes! .... anyone flying into columbus that I could catch a ride with? I may try to make this one if the planets align ... also anyone possibly interested in sharing a room to save $ if I can make it?

209lbs on the scale this morn

I looked at plane tickets last night on cheaptickets.com .... they were only $258 from DFW to Columbus .. that's with the taxes! .... anyone flying into columbus that I could catch a ride with? I may try to make this one if the planets align ... also anyone possibly interested in sharing a room to save $ if I can make it?

209lbs on the scale this morn

You'll make light weight class easily - Gripmas is shaping up to be quite a show!

I am in for sure and maybe Andrea , but she is still thinking about it. When would you fly in Paul? I have to check with Doc but I think he is judging this year if anyone is in Columbus we should have room to take people to Chris's or they can follow if they like.

Edited by nickr104