Gripmas Carol 2009

climber511

We need some more light weight class lifters - come on and join in the fun!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• climber511

• Jedd Johnson

• Bob Lipinski

• MalachiMcMullen

I'll start cutting carbs tomorrow.

You probably better start cutting something if you want to be under 208# - maybe body parts hehe!

I am in for sure and maybe Andrea , but she is still thinking about it. When would you fly in Paul? I have to check with Doc but I think he is judging this year if anyone is in Columbus we should have room to take people to Chris's or they can follow if they like.

haven't bought the tickets yet ... I was wanting to see first if I could save some loot on rental car by hitching a ride and also a place to stay ...

213 on the scale a little while ago, but I'll be 3-4 pounds lighter in the morn .. always am

Edited by Paul Knight

I would guess you are the only one so far flying in for the comp. I may have a place for ya to stay.

I would guess you are the only one so far flying in for the comp. I may have a place for ya to stay.

thanks Nick .. I guess let me know.

209.5 on the scale this morn

Take off those Chun Li go-go boots and you'll totally make weight

Edited by jad

you're probably right .... I should go barefoot like Ken and Ryu

Or Zach. :laugh

Don't forget your headband and sleeveless gi.

No way will I be ready for a contest by December. I appreciate the support, but I am not ready yet. I am just getting back into this stuff, I have a LOT of work to do. We might make the drive over to watch and help out, but that will be based on how my wife is doing.

Next year I might start throwing my hat into the ring. I see vids of guys doing 220 on the 1-arm axle deadlift, closing Elites+, and doing 240 in the 2-hand pinch and I realize, being a heavy guy at 245, I have NO CHANCE at my current strength level. I need a solid year + of intense training before I consider it.

If you show up you better compete. Don't think you need to be hitting any crazy numbers like that to participate. If that were the case then only 2-3 people would ever compete.

If you show up you better compete. Don't think you need to be hitting any crazy numbers like that to participate. If that were the case then only 2-3 people would ever compete.

Ain't that the truth!

So it looks like Ive got 10 weeks to drop under 208lbs and get strong again....guess I better get started!

So it looks like Ive got 10 weeks to drop under 208lbs and get strong again....guess I better get started!

Well it says you weigh 210# on your sig line - 2# sounds easy enough. Now getting strong again - that's the question? :whistel

Hehe, old sig line, Im probably about 220 right now..still not too far to drop.

No way will I be ready for a contest by December. I appreciate the support, but I am not ready yet. I am just getting back into this stuff, I have a LOT of work to do. We might make the drive over to watch and help out, but that will be based on how my wife is doing.

Next year I might start throwing my hat into the ring. I see vids of guys doing 220 on the 1-arm axle deadlift, closing Elites+, and doing 240 in the 2-hand pinch and I realize, being a heavy guy at 245, I have NO CHANCE at my current strength level. I need a solid year + of intense training before I consider it.

C'mon Rick, I need someone to compete with! I'm 240-250 depending on whats going on and I am not doing any of the stuff you listed. I'll be lucky to get 150 on the 1-hand axle. Compete for the fun of it!!!

Looks like i'm going to join the party at Gripmas Carol 2009. Can't wait to met everyone and compete in my first grip comp. And I definately have last place locked up in the heavyweight division, it's just going to be a learning experience for me. Everyone has to start somewhere.

I'll send in the form & money in the near future.

Looks like i'm going to join the party at Gripmas Carol 2009. Can't wait to met everyone and compete in my first grip comp. And I definately have last place locked up in the heavyweight division, it's just going to be a learning experience for me. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Very cool Mike! Everyone will be glad to have you there I'm sure.

Any news on the medley items?

Chris is climbing for 2 weeks so I would guess no news till after that.

Edited by nickr104

Ahhh. Thanks

Guest Bullitt

Sweet! Looking forward to meeting you Mike. You have a definite shot of winning the sledge lever bro. Don't be so sure you are going to finish near the bottom. This is going to be huge!

Ahhh. Thanks

I just got home - fingers, hands, wrists, forearms, elbows, shoulders, back, heck everything is trashed. We did some great climbing - those of you who didn't come visit missed a great time. Gonna need a few days off before hitting the weights again.

Anyway - the medley - I have a list of 51 possible items to go through and decide what all to include in the guys and ladies medleys - that will no doubt take me a few weeks to get done - just train everything and you'll be fine - the strongest guys always seem to win the medleys anyway. Before I left I got Brian started on the trophies - including 3 for the ladies so there will be a class for them no matter how many sign up - gotta grow this sport somehow. Supposed to have new windows come in sometime this week for my buddy and I to install - then some weatherization etc - then Gripmas prep. It's going to be busy around here.