Gripmas Carol 2009

climber511

Guest Bullitt

Chris is climbing for 2 weeks so I would guess no news till after that.

Ahhh. Thanks

I just got home - fingers, hands, wrists, forearms, elbows, shoulders, back, heck everything is trashed. We did some great climbing - those of you who didn't come visit missed a great time. Gonna need a few days off before hitting the weights again.

Anyway - the medley - I have a list of 51 possible items to go through and decide what all to include in the guys and ladies medleys - that will no doubt take me a few weeks to get done - just train everything and you'll be fine - the strongest guys always seem to win the medleys anyway. Before I left I got Brian started on the trophies - including 3 for the ladies so there will be a class for them no matter how many sign up - gotta grow this sport somehow. Supposed to have new windows come in sometime this week for my buddy and I to install - then some weatherization etc - then Gripmas prep. It's going to be busy around here.

Melissa is definitely in. She will send her entry form in later this week. Now we just have to get her past the callous phobia so she will start training. :laugh

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• climber511

• Jedd Johnson

• Bob Lipinski

• MalachiMcMullen

Ahhh. Thanks

I just got home - fingers, hands, wrists, forearms, elbows, shoulders, back, heck everything is trashed. We did some great climbing - those of you who didn't come visit missed a great time. Gonna need a few days off before hitting the weights again.

Anyway - the medley - I have a list of 51 possible items to go through and decide what all to include in the guys and ladies medleys - that will no doubt take me a few weeks to get done - just train everything and you'll be fine - the strongest guys always seem to win the medleys anyway. Before I left I got Brian started on the trophies - including 3 for the ladies so there will be a class for them no matter how many sign up - gotta grow this sport somehow. Supposed to have new windows come in sometime this week for my buddy and I to install - then some weatherization etc - then Gripmas prep. It's going to be busy around here.

Melissa is definitely in. She will send her entry form in later this week. Now we just have to get her past the callous phobia so she will start training. :laugh

What callus's? I don't have hardly any. Take care of your skin from the inside out like I keep preaching - you will not have hard dried out skin and callus covered hands!

Just got word...won't be able to make it due to family Christmas party on that day. Ehhh.

Edited by Magnus

Just admit it. You are afraid of me. :unsure

Never.

Im in, hopefully light...was 216 yesterday, 8 to go...

Ahhh. Thanks

Thanks for the info. Glad you had a good time climbing.

Zach asked a question about pinch widths for Gripmas. You can use any width that can be made up with the existing rubber and steel disks that come with David's original Euro setup. It will be helpful if you know before you get there what width you want of course but for new people - we will give you time to figure out your choice. I plan to have the larger widths go first this time - then smaller - it seems fair to rotate who goes first at contests I think and smaller went first last time.

I wish I could make this eventcrying.gif My wife and I are expecting our twins around mid-December early January, so I will have to stay put this year. Maybe next time! Good luck to all attending

I wish I could make this eventcrying.gif My wife and I are expecting our twins around mid-December early January, so I will have to stay put this year. Maybe next time! Good luck to all attending

Having a baby or coming to Gripmas - where are your priorities? I guess we can let you slide this time but next time - put a little planning into things :whistel . Congratulations on the coming twins (Wow)!!!

Having a baby or coming to Gripmas - where are your priorities? I guess we can let you slide this time but next time - put a little planning into things whistling.gif . Congratulations on the coming twins (Wow)!!!

Thanks Chris! I hope they will get the "grip-bug" too! I already bought two of those mini grippers from Sorinex for thembiggrin.gif

Chris, Im in. I also may be bringing at least 2 maybe even 4 upcoming gripsters!

Awesome Dan!!!

Oh yeah- Most likely lightweight, but not positive.

Both of my kids went to their first lifting comp at 2-3 weeks old or so.

And once again Bob and Chris go head to head - I can't wait!

Yet another chance for us young guys to beat that old man's ass!!!

Time will tell young Jedi - but the force is still strong with the old one :blush

Time will tell young Jedi - but the force is still strong with the old one :blush

As we have seen, over and over :dry:cool

HAHA! Nice. ;)

Any chance someone could post a video of a legit repetition with the contest levering set-up?

Any chance someone could post a video of a legit repetition with the contest levering set-up?

I can try but you know my skills on the computer stuff. My son Josh is coming down next weekend - I know he can do it for me.

sorry if this is an obvious answer but seeing as I have not competed in a grippers in choker event: Are you only allowed to pick up the gripper in the hand you are going to use or can you use your off hand to position it before you start?