Bhsa Grip Championships 2009

mobsterone

It would be nice to see a few more competitors giving this a go (either weak or strong).

Although the 5 in so far should still have a good day its a shame that the no.1 grip competition in England can only attract 5 entrants even when there are sponsors and prize money is available.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• CoC#3

• Paul Savage

• rico300zx

if i lived in th UK i would be there to compete. hope fully i could learn steves tecnique for his lifts.

rico

perhaps some guys fromk steve gym will go or other gyms in the area. has any one advertised other than the GB for their grip contests?

rico

They also need to be BHSA members. So if my lads names aren't down they aren't competing.

:D I dont compete anymore,and to be honest i was never very good anyways! just do it for fun now and myself!

Twig the Wonderkid (if he gets the balls to compete)
Ahem!

I can't go, that weekend I'm in Wolverhampton with the greatest band that ever lived.

queen of grip

Twig the Wonderkid (if he gets the balls to compete)
Ahem!

I can't go, that weekend I'm in Wolverhampton with the greatest band that ever lived.

Cant believe your missing the BHSA championship to go to a Rockbitch concert. :D

5 more days before the 23rd April cut off date. If you're gonna enter don't leave it too late.

Confirmed competitors:

Steve Gardener

Stew Killick

Paul Savage

Fred Coombs

Sam Solimi

Sponsors:

www.perthstrongman.com

www.londonkettlebells.com

You've have until midnight today people. Then that's it.

I was considering it until two months ago.

The time of the year is perfect for my wife and I. We hope that you will continue to run them in the future, although it might be getting towards the end of that phase for you. I have said it before, I really like the event selection that you come up with each year.

Keep it up and I hope to be there next year! Good luck to all the participants!

Mike Corlett

Salinas California USA

If not me always it is traditionally held around the same time regardless and you'd be welcome.

Confirmed competitors:

Steve Gardener

Stew Killick

Paul Savage

Fred Coombs

Sam Solimi

Sponsors:

www.perthstrongman.com

www.londonkettlebells.com

James Grahame

All the competitors (Steve has already done so, and i am in the process of doing so) should film videos of themselves training. Then we should out them together for one big film, stick it up on youtube THEN make a poll who do you fancy? So for example the scene of Steve leg pressing, me squatting over 200kg, Paul deadlifting something big, Stew benching 180kg+ .. then the rest of it should be grip. Again with us all doing slight variations of the same thing so grippers, pinch, thick bar and so on. It would hype it up a bit and get people interested.

Edited by CoC#3

You could have the Benny Hill theme tune to yours... he he :D

with youtube and copyright laws i doubt i'm gonna have any theme tune,lol

I can just do a few comedy lunges...

Slap that in the video

Edited by coombsfh

You could have the Benny Hill theme tune to yours... he he :D

with youtube and copyright laws i doubt i'm gonna have any theme tune,lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakety_Sax

Sorry! :blush

All the competitors (Steve has already done so, and i am in the process of doing so) should film videos of themselves training. Then we should out them together for one big film, stick it up on youtube THEN make a poll who do you fancy? So for example the scene of Steve leg pressing, me squatting over 200kg, Paul deadlifting something big, Stew benching 180kg+ .. then the rest of it should be grip. Again with us all doing slight variations of the same thing so grippers, pinch, thick bar and so on. It would hype it up a bit and get people interested.

somehow managed to hurt my bloody back yesterday warming up on one hand deadlift with 60kg, but hopefully it gets better quick i can get a few clips