Preperation For The Insane Bastard Cert

CaptainCrush

If you get any closer I'm gonna inject enough test in my glute to kill half of my block and bend that thing to an inch between ends tomorrow!! :blink:laugh

Crushing it down with your glutes are against the rules... :laugh

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CaptainCrush

• bencrush

• foxyj75

• Paul Knight

Good luck with the insane. Like David, 7-8" is easy for me in the high DO position. I have a pretty thick chest/neck, but I think my longish arms and natural flexibility make up for it.

Guess what Chad. I tried the insane again and got it down further to just over 2.5" :tongue Felt like it nearly killed me though. I'm out for a few days now. Now is your chance to get ahead

I'll see what I can do man!!

I had some progress on the Insane also this morning. I'll keep quiet till next Saturday though. :D

Alright I'll let the cat out of the bag. I got the Insane to a little bit below 2.5 inches this morning. This was with a fresh bar.

I am so overtrained at the moment I can't even lift my arms above my head. I have probably kinked and swept nearly 25 pieces of insane shiny's and drillrod over the past week. My pecs are on fire constantly and my index fingers are to the point where I can barely touch em from bending the insane shiny's over em. :mellow

I'm gonna rest till the day of the 9th. No bending, no lifting, nothing.

Hopefully I'm totally healed by then. If I don't get the Insane on that date, it won't be long after. :D

I wanna see you destroy that Insane before I do David!!!! You definitly have what it takes! :mosher

That's awesome Chad! It will be dead on the 9th! If you would stop yourself for a day it might have been dead today!

David, 12" unbraced is just not normal :mellow. I can do 9.5" without too much trouble, I'm sure I could do 10" though. But 12" is a little out of my reach! Can you do 12" spikes un braced? That would be cool to see. I do some ISOS with a 9.5" spike I have cut down. :)

Whoa! Great job Chad! I knew you'd be here as soon as your body recovered enough from all the hell you've been putting it through lately. You'll smash it on the 9th.

Thanks guys :)

Hopefully my body recovers before that so I can get one more bending day in. But it's not looking too good right now.

I slept with 2 ice packs duct taped under my armpits last night...woke up SOAKED this morning! :D

Seemed to help with the burning though hahah!

Chad. I really think you'll do it way sooner than me. When I got it to just over 2.5" it was over several attempts, experimenting with different pads to get the most out of the hybrid motion and then the crushdown motion. I'm quite far away from a completet bend of that one.

That's awesome Chad! It will be dead on the 9th! If you would stop yourself for a day it might have been dead today!

David, 12" unbraced is just not normal :mellow. I can do 9.5" without too much trouble, I'm sure I could do 10" though. But 12" is a little out of my reach! Can you do 12" spikes un braced? That would be cool to see. I do some ISOS with a 9.5" spike I have cut down. :)

I did bend a 12" fbbc spike of the easier kind, felt similar as the 10" in terms of difficulty. I do not have any left. Just some 3/8 G2 at 10" but I've been thinking of working up my 9-10" strength in the future. I recon that some really big steel should be able to go once I'm dialed in to that length. But I've not been so interested because it's more of a hassle to get bars and spikes in that length, and because there is basicly no competition in that area. You and me are the only ones I know that are able to bend deacent in that area. But I've heard that some people are strong up to 7.5" and even 8", Matt carl(writer) being one that I can thing of right now. Perhaps we can start and open up another area of unbrace bending.

I did bend a 12" fbbc spike of the easier kind, felt similar as the 10" in terms of difficulty. I do not have any left. Just some 3/8 G2 at 10" but I've been thinking of working up my 9-10" strength in the future. I recon that some really big steel should be able to go once I'm dialed in to that length. But I've not been so interested because it's more of a hassle to get bars and spikes in that length, and because there is basicly no competition in that area. You and me are the only ones I know that are able to bend deacent in that area. But I've heard that some people are strong up to 7.5" and even 8", Matt carl(writer) being one that I can thing of right now. Perhaps we can start and open up another area of unbrace bending.

David, that's just psycho stuff! I'm FAR away from you when it comes to long stuff. I've bent 8" x 5/16" CRS and 9" x 19/64" Drill rod. That's the best I've done so far, but I haven't tried much. I'll really have to hit the levering and ISOS on the long stuff to come close to the spikes you're bending! It's pretty cool that we have this felixibilty. It's even better because you can bend that short stuff too. Under 5" is a no go for me. Maybe we can inspire some other people to try it too. a goal of mine is a 10" spike in everyway. But the Red cert is all I'm thinking about right now.

Sorry to steal the thread Chad. :blush

David, that's just psycho stuff! I'm FAR away from you when it comes to long stuff. I've bent 8" x 5/16" CRS and 9" x 19/64" Drill rod. That's the best I've done so far, but I haven't tried much. I'll really have to hit the levering and ISOS on the long stuff to come close to the spikes you're bending! It's pretty cool that we have this felixibilty. It's even better because you can bend that short stuff too. Under 5" is a no go for me. Maybe we can inspire some other people to try it too. a goal of mine is a 10" spike in everyway. But the Red cert is all I'm thinking about right now.

Sorry to steal the thread Chad. :blush

haha thats alright man! I'll just steal one of your threads one of these days! :tongue

Well I took a long rest, well 4 days, which is the longest I've taken off in a while. :D

I ended up losing 8lbs since getting an ear infection over a week ago so this morning I really was hoping I didn't lose too much strength bending wise.

I wrapped up an insane shiny and gave it a go...

Insane Shiny to 57 degrees

Last time I attempted it I got a little bit shy of 40 degrees, so this is a really big PR for me.

I'm done bending till Saturday now. Hope everything goes in my favor!

Great final bends Chad! I was going to let you know that I did an Insane Drill Rod on Saturday and finished it off in about 4 minutes. The crushdown felt harder than both Fantastics I've done. I did my final stuff today too.

Best of strength on Saturday man! I'll be thinking about that poor little Insane and what you're going to do to it.

Thanks a lot brotha!!

An insane drillrod in 4 minutes... :blink

That stuff feels so much harder than the CRS. Once I bend it to 40 degrees it seems to start really loading up on me. Crushing it I can't even imagine. I only moved one slightly with Jason's crushdown pads, after about 5 long long hits on it though.

Best of luck on saturday also man!! The day can't come soon enough! :D

Thanks a lot brotha!!

An insane drillrod in 4 minutes... :blink

That stuff feels so much harder than the CRS. Once I bend it to 40 degrees it seems to start really loading up on me. Crushing it I can't even imagine. I only moved one slightly with Jason's crushdown pads, after about 5 long long hits on it though.

Best of luck on saturday also man!! The day can't come soon enough! :D

Are Jason's crushdown pads good? I've never tried crush pads really except one time on a bar that I don't think I could have crushed with pliers :laugh Do you think they are worth it?

Killer PR's Chad!! :rock :rock :rock Keep it up man, all that work is definitely paying off!!

thanks you guys!!!!

All I can do now is lay off the steel and rest for saturday. I hope I've done enough! :)

Yeah Paul those pads are definitly worth it. I'm gonna have Jason make me another pair just incase someone breaks in and steals em! :D

last workout till saturday! :D

dumbell rows - 4 sets of 15 with the 120's

face-pulls - 4 sets of 15 with green jumpstretch band tied to top of power rack

Thats it!

From now till saturday morning I'll be stuffing my face with everything and anything!

Thanks to everyone who followed this log and supported me. I'll try not to let ya guys down!

Redrum! Redrum! :rock

Are Jason's crushdown pads good? I've never tried crush pads really except one time on a bar that I don't think I could have crushed with pliers :laugh Do you think they are worth it?

They are the best. Period. I hope you get some and give them a shot. I bet you'll crushdown some stuff that has stumped you before. He makes some fat ones, thinner 3rd generation pads, and the original pads that he gave me. They're all great. But they all have their uses. The fat ones are pretty stiff but don't fit my hands really well so I just use them on really stubborn stock that's at 2.5" or closer. The originals have crushed some tough stuff down. The new 3rd gen pads are my favorites!

They are the best. Period. I hope you get some and give them a shot. I bet you'll crushdown some stuff that has stumped you before. He makes some fat ones, thinner 3rd generation pads, and the original pads that he gave me. They're all great. But they all have their uses. The fat ones are pretty stiff but don't fit my hands really well so I just use them on really stubborn stock that's at 2.5" or closer. The originals have crushed some tough stuff down. The new 3rd gen pads are my favorites!

Does he sell'em - do you know? guess I'll PM him :)

He does, but he doesn't advertise and doesn't actually even try to sell them. But those of us who have used them are pimping them. Anyone who recommends them to you is trying to help and is not afraid of getting leapfrogged on any of the lists. :rock

He does, but he doesn't advertise and doesn't actually even try to sell them. But those of us who have used them are pimping them. Anyone who recommends them to you is trying to help and is not afraid of getting leapfrogged on any of the lists. :rock

Wow! I'm defenitly gonna get some! Thanks Ben - straight pimpin! :cool

You won't regret it Paul!

I crushed a shiny bastard to an inch with those puppies!!! hahah!!

BTW I been throwing my Insane that I'm gonna try to bend on Saturday all over the place today. Took it outside and threw it in the mud then I backed my truck over it, gave it to my dog to chew on and finally I wrote RIP 8-09-08 on it! :D