Preperation For The Insane Bastard Cert

CaptainCrush

I just went ahead and tried changing a lightbulb in my garage. Well wouldn't ya know it that the stupid bulb explodes in my hand as I'm trying to twist it out.

Anyone know the easiest way to get about 100 shards of broken glass out of a hand... :(

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CaptainCrush

• bencrush

• foxyj75

• Paul Knight

I just went ahead and tried changing a lightbulb in my garage. Well wouldn't ya know it that the stupid bulb explodes in my hand as I'm trying to twist it out.

Anyone know the easiest way to get about 100 shards of broken glass out of a hand... :(

Bummer, easiest way may be to go to the ER and have them do it. Just too damn strong crushing bulbs like that.

- Aaron

I got about 90 percent of them out...I am gonna soak my hand in some really hot water and hopefully that will soften my hand enough to get the rest out.

I gotta do some more iso's here tonight. Damn you glass! :angry:

I'd agree with Aaron, better off paying pros to do it then trying to remove it yourself, too bad dude I'm sure that sucks

Chad, I had the same thing happen to me at Thanksgiving last year at my in-laws' house. Try this: use some alcohol to get your hand really clean of any oils or dirt(hope your tough, cause it stings!!). Then, get some good duct tape and apply it over the area that you have the glass imbedded. You want it adhered good, but don''t drive the shards in deeper! Slowly peel off the tape, and look at all the glass stuck to it! Works great for me, hope you have the same luck! If that doesn't get all of em', apply medical tape over the affected area, and leave it there overnight. The tape will draw out the glass. Good luck buddy, hope this helped!! Later! :cool

Chad, soak you hand in Epsom Salt. It is an alternetive for peroxide, and draws out infection very well. Epsom Salt in as hot of water as you can handle for 15 min. 2 times a day for a few days and you'll be free of any infection you could get. ;)

You guys are the best!!! :bow

The duct taped worked to get all but one of em out, which I just dug with a needle till I could finally pick out with a pair of tweezers.

Then soaked my hand in epson salts for a good while before going to bed.

Just woke up and my hand feels great!!! :D

Thanks so much!

You guys are the best!!! :bow

The duct taped worked to get all but one of em out, which I just dug with a needle till I could finally pick out with a pair of tweezers.

Then soaked my hand in epson salts for a good while before going to bed.

Just woke up and my hand feels great!!! :D

Thanks so much!

Sweet!! Glad it worked for you! :rock

Thanks Fox!! :D

This will give me a chance to rest a few days till my super duper crush pads come from Jason...then it will be crushdown training all day every day!!! :cool

It really didn't hurt like "OUCH HURT"

It scared me more than anything cause as soon as it happened I closed my eyes and turned away and I knew what had happened, I was scared to open my eyes and look at my hand. Just some cuts but nothing too bad. Had so many pieces just sticking halfway in and out of my skin though.

I should be put in a plastic bubble I tell ya!

You're going to love those 3rd generation crush pads! They're truly incredible. I've been comparing them with my other half dozen sets of various crush pads the past few weeks on my crushdown sessions. I can totally stall out with my original pair of crush pads on a piece and then put the 3rd generation pads on there and hammer it (Big KOAB at 2.5") and hammer it down below 2" in one long hit. I'm trying to save my pair for the Fantastic cert though. My other Jason Payne pads have held up very well considering what I've done with them. They're still good to go and better than anything that I've ever made by far.

You're going to love those 3rd generation crush pads! They're truly incredible. I've been comparing them with my other half dozen sets of various crush pads the past few weeks on my crushdown sessions. I can totally stall out with my original pair of crush pads on a piece and then put the 3rd generation pads on there and hammer it (Big KOAB at 2.5") and hammer it down below 2" in one long hit. I'm trying to save my pair for the Fantastic cert though. My other Jason Payne pads have held up very well considering what I've done with them. They're still good to go and better than anything that I've ever made by far.

Those pads will either be here today or Monday :D

Usually on a huge shiny I'll get it down to 2.5 inches real quick then it takes me a good 6 to 8 more hits to get it to 2 inches.

I'm taking that thing to 2 inches in one hit!!!! :yikes

Where would I go about getting some of these super duper crush pads?? I made my own, but I still can't do diddley with em'. I still very much prefer to just leave one pad on, and use a folded 8x12 piece of tandy leather for the other side. I have tried the crush pads and only got flex, but then used my setup, and melted the bar well under 2''. Maybe if I tried a good set of crush pads, I would change my tune! :cool

I got my pads from Jason P today. All I'm gonna say is it almost feels illegal!! :D

Here is what I've done so far:

- Shiny Bastard at 2 inches. 1 hit got me to 1.5 inches between ends.

- Big Shiny at 2 inches. 1 hit got me to 1 3/4 between ends.

- Insane Drillrod at 2 1/4. 1 hit got me to 2 1/8!!!! :cool The Insane Drillrod is MOVING!!!!

Gonna do some more crushdown stuff tonight as soon as the sun goes down and my sunburn isn't hurting as bad.

Found another shiny bastard bent to just a shade under 2 inches. This time I put some chalk in the crushdown pockets to make it a tad bit tighter and took one more hit.

Shiny to 1 1/4 inches

Tonight's Session:

- Iso's with Insane Drillrod kinked to 2.5 inches

5 total

- 3 Shiny Bastards taken from 2 inches to 1 1/4"

1 hit each

Sunday July 27

Grand Shiny Iso's - 3 attempts at 2.5 inches. Bout 10 seconds each.

I woke up with a hell of an ear infection and the crushdown training made me feel like my head was gonna explode.

Will try again tomorrow.

Good work! Be careful with that head pressure man... Do you have a target date for your Insane cert? Maybe you should go for it on the 9th. That's the same day I'm attempting the Fantastic cert. Maybe we can send each other some strength over the airwaves.

Yeah man I wanted to do it the same day you did your fantastic, I thought that would be pretty cool if thats alright with you. :)

I'm gonna start real heavy on the iso's from 90 degrees on the drillrod now. If I can get that insane moving past 90 I think it will be heated enough that I should be able to hammer it home.

Here was a little test I was doing the other day but I didn't write it in here.

Took a Insane Drillrod piece and put it in the vise. I kinked it pretty fast to roughly 2.5 inches between ends and as soon as it hit 2.5 inches I immediately took it out, slipped on single leather and crushed it to a little bit below 2 inches. It's kinda like training with the heat of the bend on your side.

Yeah man I wanted to do it the same day you did your fantastic, I thought that would be pretty cool if thats alright with you. :)

I'm gonna start real heavy on the iso's from 90 degrees on the drillrod now. If I can get that insane moving past 90 I think it will be heated enough that I should be able to hammer it home.

Here was a little test I was doing the other day but I didn't write it in here.

Took a Insane Drillrod piece and put it in the vise. I kinked it pretty fast to roughly 2.5 inches between ends and as soon as it hit 2.5 inches I immediately took it out, slipped on single leather and crushed it to a little bit below 2 inches. It's kinda like training with the heat of the bend on your side.

Of course that's cool Chad! It'll be very cool. I've done the fast cheatkinking directly into crushdowns a good deal of times, they're great for training the crushdown! I was talking to someone on e-mail recently about this.

Hope you hammer yours home! I think you'll be just fine.

My ear is almost competely swollen shut :blink

I haven't ate much in the past 2 days but went ahead and did some bending anyways this morning.

- Insane Shiny kinked to 41 degrees

- Insane Drillrod bent to almost almost 70 degrees

- 3 Iso's with Insane Drillrod @90 degrees. This part of the bend is gonna kill me. I have to go to the crushdown position for this and it's awkward trying to crushdown at that spread and the power just doesn't seem like it's there. This part of the bend is gonna decide whether or not I get the Insane.

Session #2

- 5 super duper long iso's with grand shiny that is so stinkin stuck at 3.25 inches between ends

- Iso on a huge shiny that is at 2 1/4. It stayed at 2 1/4 because I was scared to push any harder since I was getting light headed :D

Being sick sucks huge chubby ass!

Morning Session:

- 5 Iso's at 90 degrees with Insane Drillrod

- 2 Iso's with Grand Shiny. 3.5 inches between ends

Ok if I continue to do the iso's on the harder stuff, the Insane has got to fall sometime right?? :D:D

This workout really killed me cause after those iso's I couldn't crush down a shiny bastard using Jason's crushpads to less than 2 inches :rock

Edited by CaptainCrush