• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amaury

• Jonathan McMillan

• the swiss

• Griparn

Amuary,

Good work on the reps with the #2, I managed to close mine within a fingers width today which is about 1/2 inch so I've already had some minor improvement. I'm following the routine I posted , going to give it a couple of months and then see where to modify if things aren't progressing.

Jon@han

Sorry Jonas,

i didn't think to check my mails yesterday, however i did today and the problem seems the same, even worse: i just don't see any part of the pic whereas i could see a part of it the first time you sent them (saw enough to see you aren't far from closing the #2 W/ your left but the #3 pic was unusable) ! :(

I can't figure out what's wrong : it's a Jpeg, it should work !?.

BTW just try reppin the #2: you may be surprised ! ;)

Thanks Jonathan, 1/2" is good ! I was right there about 3 monthes ago : you'll catch up, definitely !

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing compares bending, even grippers !!! :yikes

I progress rather slowly (got weak wrists) but steadily (for the moment).

I can now U a 3/13" (6mm) x 6" bar (stretched iron, easier than the Ironmind Yellow but much harder than the Green).

Still can't bend the Yellow though (the difference between the green and the yellow is truly huge).

Amaury,

I know what you mean about that Yellow! I've only U'd the equivalent after first starting the bend by wrapping it around one of the bars in my power cage. I'll have to try that streched steel you mentioned...I went the other way and started bending colled rolled green equivalents.

I tried another #2 today at the store where I bought my trainer. It's not from this year as it still had the grey packaging unlike my #2 with the red and blue white packaging. It felt like a brick compared to my #2 so I've got a long way to catch up with you guys if I'm going to meet the dealine Dec2003!!!

Jon@han

Come on Jonathan, I'm SURE you'll catch up !

Just keep working hard and you'll close that #2 sooner than expected!

It's hard to check progress on a gripper you can't close yet: it's so slow (at least it is for me :) ), but some day you close it and you realise you actually progressed all those days.

Don't think about the deadline for the moment ;)

And we'll bend that yellow some day too...just have to wait and train ! :yikes:yikes

Happy new year !

Amaury.

I'm hoping to join you two closing #3 this year, any chance you could forward pics to me so I can compare how close Iam I will try to get some pics taken of my#3 attempt but I've only got a cheap low res cam at the moment.

Happy New Year :D

Cunny,

I've still got my #3 in the package :blush

Amaury,

I haven't formalized bending into my training yet....I think if I actually focus on it, it will come. Problem is I think I have to break down and buy a bolt cutter so I can cut mass amounts of the steel rods I want to bend. Hack sawing was fun and all but there's only so many hours in a day.

Jon@han

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sjeff70

Hey guys, wait up! I want to be on that list too! :yikes

I just started reading this section of the Grip Page. I've been trying to close the #2 for a few months now. In a few hours I'm going to try to beat 6 pennies. I do two workouts a week on the grippers, and on one of the days I do strapholds with the #1; I'm progressing at 1 lb per week consistently. I'm on 5 lbs for 5 seconds, and I haven't gone to failure yet. Can't be too much longer, I hope to get it by my birthday, Feb 21st.

I do not have a #3 yet. I should probably get one to do negatives with (Jonas recommendation).

Jonathan, you will catch up. You've made great progress in such a short time. I have no doubt that you will get there.

Just make sure you guys include me on that CoC list. :rock

Jeff

Guest sjeff70

Well I just got done, and I'm very happy with the session. Got 6 pennies on a fast, powerful close; I think I could have gotten 4. I'm only taking off one penny at a time because psychologically I don't like missing a close, and I like leaving a little in the tank. I feel good, the #2 is going down soon.

While warming up, my #1 felt like the Trainer. I closed it so quickly I believe I closed it in a 1/4 second. :cool

I was very motivated today thanks to this thread. I took more time setting the gripper in my hand thanks to learning some things from Heath's video.

Hope everyone has a strong workout.

Jeff

Hey Jeff, i remember when you joined the board, i had been a member for only one month at the time :)

Off course, join us !

Nice job with the 6 pennies !

The more the merrier, definitely ;)

Jeff,

I'm going to go for six pennies on the #2 next week as 5 wasn't a strong shut for me.

It'd be so cool if we all manage the #3 before the next newyear!!!!!!!! :):):):)

• 2 weeks later...

Oups! it was high time to update my training log...

So i bent the blue and recently a 13cmx6mm (5.11"x0.24") stretched iron bar. Stretched iron is a bit weaker than the one used by Ironmind for the yellow and the blue. i bend 5 bars every 4 days in general.

No more progress with the grippers, that is to say i can close the #2 whenever i want and i am sometimes able to do a few (max 3) reps with it but nothing more. I'm going to change my gripper routine (which gave fast results at a point) and go back to 6 singles every 4 days for a moment (i've been up to more than 10 singles a day :tongue ).

It will be 3 singles with the #2, two with the #3 and one with the #4.

I don't do thick bar work anymore (for the moment...).

Going for 5 reps on the #2 is my short term goal.

Bending the blue in one quick motion is my long term goal along with closing the #3.

Amaury.

Edited by amaury

Amaury, don't give up your #3 gripper. Remember that we both will close it before this year ends. :D

Have you got any new gripper pictures?

Train focused

Hi Jonas,

no no don't worry i don't give up my #3 gripper, and i'm still looking to close it before this year ends ;):D

I made some new gripper pictures with my webcam which i'll send you soon...The quality hasn't improved which means i'll have to buy/borrow a numeric camera for the certification process ! :tongue

I haven't been able to stick with my resolutions lately :blush

So i've decided to post all my gripper trainings again to assess the seriousness of the problem.

Today :

Morning

#2 : closed Right

#2 : attempt Left (1/4" away)

#2 : 2 reps Right

#2 : attempt Left (1/5" away)

#3 : 2 attempts Right (precisely 4/5" away, i used a tape :yikes )

#3 : 2 attempts Left (quite far away :rolleyes )

Afternoon:

#2 closed Right

#2 attempt (1/5" away)

I think i won't be able to stop daily gripper training from now on so i'll have to do some light to very light days if i don't want to burn-out like i did recently :tongue

I now think that the key for me is to increase the volume (i made very fast progress with this) and stop just before burn-out, then reduce the volume and increase it again.

Wait and see...

Hi guys !

I think you have a good thing going here ( sharing training pictures, and motivating each other ).

And If someone want to share pictures with me also... go ahead :) ( I welcome all training related pictures... not just grip related pictures ).

I have just started with grip training and I'm able to close the #2 for 3 reps ( 0 with my left hand ). My ultimate goal in grip training is to close the #3 CoC, and improve my overall grip strength.

Happy training ! :yikes

2Strong,

I might have to change my name to 2jealous...I can't shut that bloody #2 yet!!!

Amaury,

Careful you don't break your grippers..with your bending ability you might warp your grippers!! ;)

Jon@han

Thanks, Jonathan it's a good idea: i'll bend the handles of my #3 to reduce the distance between them, it's going to be much easier to close ! :tongue

Jonas i mailed you a pic of one of my attempts on the #3 and also a video of me closing the #2 ! After all, this webcam was not such a bad purchase :tongue:tongue

I did it "a la 3crusher closing the #3" but there's no sound so just use your imagination:

- close up on the handles, the voice says "number two gripper"

- close up on the spring, the voice says "take a look at the spring"

- then i close it and hold it shut a few seconds,

- the voice says "thank you"

:D:D

I'll make a bending video with the Blue when i can bend it in less than 30secondes ( because of the megs required for a longer video and because i want it to look good :laugh )

2strong or anybody else, i can send pics or videos of grip training (for the fun of it, not for the "wow factor" of course lol ) if you like but on the other hand my weight-training is absolutely of no interest for a strong bencher like you ;)

Don't hesitate to send me pics and videos !!

Amaury.

Edited by amaury

Today's gripper training:

- #2: closed, right.

- #2: one attempt left

- #2: 4 reps right, NEW PR :)

- #2: one attempt left,

- #2: closed, right, grind.

- #2: one attempt left

Why did i do that kind of training today ?

I don't know... :blush

the only thing i know is that i did a higher volume today because my hands felt good ...