Amaury's training

amaury

Just got started with the Hex bolts (much harder than the one i was using so far). It is very comparable to a blue nail.

My bending session today:

Bent reverse (only managed to put a small kink reverse) and broke a 6*1/4" Hex bolt

Bent Slim Style and Broke a 6*1/4" regular Home Depot bolt.

Bent reverse and broke a 5*3/16" square bar

Trained slim and reverse style yesterday with the Wrist Developper.

My Girlfriend Bending Session:

Perrine decided to try bending. She loves it. Today was her first bending session.

She bent five 6*3/16" bars and BROKE two of them. I thought she would bend one and stop but she caught the bug immediately!

I am very proud of her. She is very gifted and who knows, she may even some day follow the steps of Liz Horne. We'll see.

Cheers,

Amaury

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amaury

• Jonathan McMillan

• the swiss

• Griparn

In the past i reguarly closed two of my #3s (the third one was a monster that neither Franky nor The Swiss were able to close as far as i know) with a // set, and closed David's #3 on several occasions during the Swiss Grip Comps.

I was getting really close to be ready to get certified, but Ironmind came up with the CCS set soon after. I thus lost motivation for grippers and haven't really been training consistently with them since then (was going for a SM no set close at some point but didn't stick to it).

Lately i have been concentrating on bolt/nail snapping and would only do a gripper workout every other week (at most).

But after re-reading IM's #3 list i realised that no french has closed one yet. I think it is time to change that! IT IS TIME TO TRAIN FOR THE #3 AGAIN !!!

At the moment i am around 1/4" of closing my average black spring #3 gripper no chalk/no set. It's far from a close, but close enough to make me think that with the appropriate training i should be able to close it no set by the end of the year.

So time to train again!

I'll only post my PRs in terms of distance from full closure.

Great to hear you're back on the gripper train.

Good luck!

1/4'' no set? Man use a little bit of a deeper set and you'll get that surely!

You'll definitely become a COC soon!

Actually i measured it with a measuring tape today and i have been very optimistic on the distance. It is closer to 1/2" on the #3. On my SM (which is approximately a 2.7) i am 1/5" away. This is no set no chalk though. I will have to buy chalk to see how far i really am.

From now on i will measure all of my attempts with a tape.

Anyway, thanks Sam!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks Sam, much appreciated.

I had to stop thick bar due to a slight knee injury. I haven't resumed it yet (even if my knee is fine now) since i don't have a thick bar anymore: i moved to California a few weeks ago!

I will most certainly resume it later next year.

I hope to be heavier and stronger overall then (BTW i should update my signature, i am more in the 158lbs range at the moment).

Oh, and go get the #4 mate :mosher

Do you have any anecdotes regarding the time you spent with your Inch Dumbbell?

Looks like it is about time to work thick bar again if your knee is ok; you plan to get another Inch?

Good luck on your quest to be the first French COC.

Hi Bob,

Not much to say i am afraid! I never got really strong with thick bars.

I am now around 170lbs BW and my grip is slowly taking up again. I only focus on grippers till i cert on the #3 (i am around 1/4" CCS no chalk at the moment, still a long way to go).

Just received my Powerball (pro neon blue). Got it to 11,334 after a few tries. This thing is awkward. It also gave me a huge pump and slightly worked the front delt and biceps. I plan to do this once a week only. I don't want to impair my progress on grippers (and even bench!).

Nice and funny stuff, very addictive and a good endurance/strength workout.

amaury, good luck on your quest to become a COC.

Do you have any block weights/blobs or thick bar/db to supplement your gripper training, or do you feel like you have everything you need already? I remember you used to train with an ISG.

Thanks Bob.

I really just do grippers at the moment. I bought the powerball to work my wrists a little, i think this thing can help me keep them conditioned while staying free from injury (which is not the case with nail snapping).

Other than that i also do hammer curls in the gym with 40lbers. My goal is to work up to 50lbers with correct form.

Keep posting your Inch DB PRs! This is still one of my long term goals in this sport :)

Thanks Bob.

I really just do grippers at the moment. I bought the powerball to work my wrists a little, i think this thing can help me keep them conditioned while staying free from injury (which is not the case with nail snapping).

Other than that i also do hammer curls in the gym with 40lbers. My goal is to work up to 50lbers with correct form.

Keep posting your Inch DB PRs! This is still one of my long term goals in this sport :)

You're welcome amaury, and I'm glad you are interested in my Inch progress.

Make sure you do some type of extensor work (maybe the powerball does?), I learned the hard way (tennis elbow) that it's necessary.

Just received my Powerball (pro neon blue). Got it to 11,334 after a few tries. This thing is awkward. It also gave me a huge pump and slightly worked the front delt and biceps. I plan to do this once a week only. I don't want to impair my progress on grippers (and even bench!).

Nice and funny stuff, very addictive and a good endurance/strength workout.

My powerball also arrived this week, I can't believe how sore the top of my hands and wrists got from this thing! Did you get any soreness?

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats Amaury.

Quite a feat to do it with the CC. :rock

Congrats :rock