All-around Log

TravisRush

I used to write them down as "set singles" in 2005 when I was doing them. I like Teemu's name for them better though.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TravisRush

• bencrush

• MalachiMcMullen

• justiceislost1988

Well, no matter the name, I'm doing them tomorrow! It really should help...because I SUCK at setting a gripper

Did a little pinch and hub after my weights session today.

4X10 lb. plates X4 reps each hand (full DL)

2X25 lb. plates X2 right only

25 lb. hub X1 each hand

25 lb. hub high pulls X3 each hand (did not set plate down)

2X35 lb. plate negs

Finished with some rear, standing to nose in front, and kneeling levering with forearm on bench (to isolate)

Just wanted to have a quick workout where I could get back in a rhythm...I report to fall workouts for college baseball on September 8th...I need to be at least at 185 lbs (my body weight) for 5 reps

I'm getting probably 8-10 reps for a few sets (and these aren't easy reps) at 135 pounds (bar +90)...HELP! Beyond steroids, what can I do? I will do anything but shove a needle in my ass!

I'm doing 20-rep squats tomorrow, for the first time ever. I'm PUMPED to do this...but let me tell you, there will be anxiety tomorrow :D

Since I recently did 10 reps at 225, I will be attempting 225 for 20 REPS!!!!!!!

I'm doing 20-rep squats tomorrow, for the first time ever. I'm PUMPED to do this...but let me tell you, there will be anxiety tomorrow :D

Since I recently did 10 reps at 225, I will be attempting 225 for 20 REPS!!!!!!!

That's how you do it Travis!!! You'll get it man, just don't give up during those twenty. Just remember during the 20 repper set, you can fall down and puke/poo your blood and breakfast when your done.

What excersise do you have to do 185 for 5 reps?

With the squats make sure to take 3-5 huge deep breaths in between reps.

I just got home from the gym. I did my squats, bench press, and lunges.

The squats, surprisingly, were not as difficult as I had hoped...still, I struggled for those last 5 or 6 reps...I got 19 reps at 225#...I couldn't get back up on that 20th rep.

Bench press: 95#X10, 185#X4 semi-assisted reps, 135#X6

Lunges w/40# DB's: lunged the width of gym (probably about 40 yards) and back with a pause between

I just had my glass of chocolate milk along with a bowl of granola. I hope this can boost my BP reps!

I just got home from the gym. I did my squats, bench press, and lunges.

The squats, surprisingly, were not as difficult as I had hoped...still, I struggled for those last 5 or 6 reps...I got 19 reps at 225#...I couldn't get back up on that 20th rep.

Bench press: 95#X10, 185#X4 semi-assisted reps, 135#X6

Lunges w/40# DB's: lunged the width of gym (probably about 40 yards) and back with a pause between

I just had my glass of chocolate milk along with a bowl of granola. I hope this can boost my BP reps!

What means semi-assisted?

There was a little help, but not much...I wanted to get reps so if I couldn't finish on my own, I had my spotter help me enough to finish it. Just barely though!

My workout for today:

Deadlifts:

135X10

185X10

235X5 PR

Neutral Grip Pull-Ups:

3X10

Seated Row:

100X10

150X10

170X10

170X10

Just tried my first horseshoe, an SCF 00

I moved it about 2 inches from where it started. I was surprised I even did that to be honest. I need to get technique down!

I just got done with my gripper workout today. I did single attempts for parallel (actually just wider than parallel) in a hoseclamp. I was using my RB240N.

I did 4 attempts and they each were barely moved out of the choked position. I have a long ways to go to close this thing.

You'll get it Travis. Don't let the disappointment of that workout get you down. You'll soon be getting a lot more movement on those hoseclamp attempts. They really helped me learn to explode into the handles.

Did 10 MMS attempts on my RB240N...they all turned into forced closes and negatives

I feel stronger but I still can't move it much from parallel. I still have time though!

I met up with Joe and did a Crossfit class with him.

-5 tire flips (about 300 pounds)

-15 hang power cleans (bar plus 20)

-800m run

Did this cycle 5 times through for time. Just to let you know, he killed me! I finished in 28:30

About half an hour later, he critiqued my squat form and I did sets of 10 at 135 and 185. All in all, a great day! Should be getting my 12 pound shot put today as well!

Deadlift Day!

135X5 to warm up

185X3

235X3

255X3

275X3

305X3

315X3

I'm pumped that I broke the 300 pound barrier...this is the first time I have gone for "strength" over reps. I have really only gone for sets of 10 but it was cool doing max weight!

great Deadlifting!!!!

also congrats on the 225# x 19 two plates on the Squat for high reps like that is awesome

Deadlift Day!

135X5 to warm up

185X3

235X3

255X3

275X3

305X3

315X3

I'm pumped that I broke the 300 pound barrier...this is the first time I have gone for "strength" over reps. I have really only gone for sets of 10 but it was cool doing max weight!

NICE!!!! There is nothing like hitting a big DL PR!!!