All-around Log

TravisRush

I picked up a G5 just a few minutes ago and kinked it quite decently...to my suprise it slowly moved in my hands...

Picture in my gallery! I will work on it on Thursday and try and finish it off...after Thursday I'm going to do some 7" and 6.5" 1/4" hex stuff for fun and for some volume

Please help me out guys...should I just bend all my 6",6.5", and 7" hex before moving on to G5's?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TravisRush

• bencrush

• MalachiMcMullen

• justiceislost1988

great job travis it will fall soon for sure specially if you do isos on top of some isos and add some isos in to the equation and then you become an iso person and you bend big steel :D i don't know about the hex stuff cause i've never tried it but i always think go for max attempts and that's what's going to give you max strength :rock

Had a pretty fun day today!

2HP:

W.U. at 70#

90# yes

100# yes

110# miss first, air under 2nd attempt

Hub (all weights used are 25# plate+other weights specified):

+8# yes

+10.5# yes

+7.5# yes

+10# X2

+15# yes

+17.5# no

+17.5# yes

+20# no

Does anyone think that the 25# plate along with 20 pounds attached would be the equivalent to a 45# plate? I'm pretty sure I can get the 35# plate up easily but I want the 45# (pretty lofty)...I just don't have the plates yet

Edited by TravisRush

Didn't have a strong bending day

Did two warm up bends with a IM white and an IM blue

Attempted a 1/4"X6" G5 "JH"...might have moved it 5 degrees...

The max attempt just didn't feel strong at all...

You just found the hard G5s. The Diamonds (some call them linear S) G5s feel harder than the JHs to me. Don't feel bad in other words. It'll all come. Maybe you can do some crushdown work with the JH G5s when you cheatkink them to 90 degrees or tighter.

I did crushdowns today and I had quite a bit of energy beforehand so it went pretty well.

I warmed up with an IM white, followed by a 1/4"X6" piece of CRS.

Then, I tried to move a 1/4"X6" G8 prekinked to 90*. This moved maybe 2* with probably 30 hits.

I went to my garage, kinked that G8 even further, to about 2.5" between legs, and went to work at it again. After about 40-50 hits, it was at 2" exactly. Man, this was really tough for me!

Ben, you told me of crushpads...can someone elaborate on these or help me with this? The IM pads just don't seem very thick to my hands, especially on tough crushdowns.

Good job the G8 Travis!!! It's that determination that'll get you the full bend soon!!! Something new I'm trying with tougher stock is I take it as far as I can and then pull it apart on my thigh and crush it down again. That heats the steel up well and makes it a tad easier in the long run but it's still TOUGH. Can you kink the G8's?

Crushpads are tough, ~1/4" pieces of leather about 2x2" or 1.5x1.5". You just put them on the ends of the steel and it takes much of the pain from the crushdown.

Oh yeah, you can get them from FBBC or if you have some crazy thick pieces of leather sitting around you can cut it up.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

I'm actually attempting G5's, Zach. Trying to crushdown harder steel than your max attempt was suggested by Ben Edwards. I hope it will pay off, becuase that G8 was a pain!

And thanks for the kind words everyone!

Edited by TravisRush

Good work Travis! Moving the G8 from any angle is really good work when you're still working on the G5. It'll work without a doubt.

All V-bar today

Dustin33 hit 250# on the 1" today!

I did:

165 each

185 each

200 missX2

200 each

210 each

220 each

230 missX2

225 missX2

Is this cert-worthy? It was on a newly chalked FBBC v-bar.

Edited by TravisRush

Very nice buddy!!! You're getting there on the 1" vbar. I'm still a huge fan of the smaller vbar. Keep nailing it man. It's a neat feeling to get a lot stronger on it because not many people are sticking with it anymore because of the pain factor and mainly because the contests just aren't featuring it anymore. That's a shame because it's a heck of a lift. How much do you weigh?

I'm at 185 right now. Is my lift able to get a FBBC cert?

Edited by TravisRush

I'm at 185 right now. Is my lift able to get a FBBC cert?

Very nice. Yes your lift definitely qualifies for the list. http://www.fatbastardbarbellco.com/VBARCERTS.html Sky's the limit man. If you happen to host a contest next year that features 1" vbar I'll try hard to figure out a way to afford a trip out to take a shot at 400. That would get me training it again too. 387 was my best on the FBBC 1" vbar back in late 2006. But I'm still around 350 most days so a year of training would make it almost a done deal barring injuries.

Well, I'm not sure what will happen during college...the contests would need to be about the same time as this year.

So, I messaged Beatty about our lifts and told him of our videos. Is the qualification instant?

You'll be on the list then when he updates it and assuming he approves your cert, which I think he will. If you're really serious about hitting some big vbar lifts it's time to print off the FBBC cert list and hang it on your training area wall. I still have that hanging up in my garage and the old Euro vbar list too.

Last night, beat tired, I did my bending workout...

Warmed up with two bends like always, the IM white then blue.

Went for max on the G5 in 5 minutes. I moved the "FNL TY" about 75*...this is a PR for me...

I was just stuck at that spot for about 1.5 minutes. My sweep really sucks compared to the surrounding stages. If I can get it 3", it's gonna get crushed, but when it's anywhere from 70-90 degrees, I get stuck!

Last night, beat tired, I did my bending workout...

Warmed up with two bends like always, the IM white then blue.

Went for max on the G5 in 5 minutes. I moved the "FNL TY" about 75*...this is a PR for me...

I was just stuck at that spot for about 1.5 minutes. My sweep really sucks compared to the surrounding stages. If I can get it 3", it's gonna get crushed, but when it's anywhere from 70-90 degrees, I get stuck!

You've really fallen in love with grip, very nice to see that Travis! Great V-bar and bending work.

How has it affected your baseball so far, any benefits yet? I could always hit a ball a long ways, maybe grip strength helps hitting a lot (not just about bat speed)?

Edited by odin

I can definitely notice it in my wrists...bat speed is definitely the one seeing the most improvement. Bat control as well! Getting into grip (most of my friends just think that squeezing an Everlast gripper helps) is one of the best things I could have done for my baseball career.

:D those store bought grippers :D great work on the G5 travis it will go in no time! being EXPLOSIVE always helps :rock

definately i should probably do the same :D i'm sure we would both get more help and probably bend better when are you going to try out the braced stuff travis?