All-around Log

TravisRush

I'm not sure yet. I'm kinda hesitant because it's all new to me.

no need to be hesitant ya gotta start somewhere with everything i just tried my first stuff yesterday and it's definately something i would reccomend it's a lot of fun and you don't need to know much to get started all i did was go out and buy 22" and 20" x 1/2" and 34" and 30" x 5/8" stuff you should definately give it a shot at least to see what kind of potential you might have in it :rock

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TravisRush

• bencrush

• MalachiMcMullen

• justiceislost1988

Warmed up with 30 seconds of active pinch (quick pace) in a rice bucket

2HP:

70# triple

90# triple

110# X1

120# miss

115# X1 PR

RT:

75# W.U.

95# both

115# right, neg with left PR

120# air under right

115# miss

140# negs X3 each hand

Sledge:

8# to nose X2 each hand

10.5# to nose right hand

13# miss badly

25# hub lift for time:

33 seconds right hand, 24 seconds left PR's

Warm down with 1 minute of general finger movements in rice bucket

Today felt pretty great...a few PR's and some serious improvement I have noticed

I started Ben Edwards' gripper workout today: (Goal by August is to close my BBM from a MMS)

Trainer for 5 MMS reps

#1 for 2 MMS reps

#1.5 for 1 MMS rep

BBM for 5 attempts...pretty decents sets as well

No close yet, but did forced closes and negatives out of each attempt

I started Ben Edwards' gripper workout today: (Goal by August is to close my BBM from a MMS)

Trainer for 5 MMS reps

#1 for 2 MMS reps

#1.5 for 1 MMS rep

BBM for 5 attempts...pretty decents sets as well

No close yet, but did forced closes and negatives out of each attempt

Glad to hear it Travis! Also glad the grippers got back safe and sound. Hope you freaking smash through that Master by your goal date buddy. And I think you will. Is that the one that calibrated at @113? That's a pretty solid close man. That's about average #2 territory there.

• 2 months later...

I'm going to start holding to a regimen for grip now. It's time I committed myself instead of just every-so-often.

I have not done any grip since the competition on the 10th, but Sunday is the day that 2 G5's will go down. Maybe even 3!

I'm going to start holding to a regimen for grip now. It's time I committed myself instead of just every-so-often.

I have not done any grip since the competition on the 10th, but Sunday is the day that 2 G5's will go down. Maybe even 3!

Don't make yourself a liar Travis! KILL 'EM!!! :rock :rock :rock :rock

I sure made myself look stupid Zach...

I tried to get a video of myself bending the "JH" G5...twice...

First attempt kinked it about 5 degrees...just couldn't move it any further...same with the second bend

I'm pretty pissed that I barely moved this thing...in the other G5's I have done, I have not had any trouble with them at all.

Really disappointing day...

Did some crushdown work (strongest stage for myself)

-Home Depot 1/4" square kinked to about 3": took less than 30 seconds to get it under 1.5"

-FBBC 1/4" square kinked to 3": took about 2 minutes to move it under 2" (about 1 3/4")

-Home Depot 1/4" square at 2.5": took 20 seconds to get it to 1.5"

-Home Depot 1/4" square at 2.75": took 20 seconds to get to 1.75"

-6"X1/4" Triangle G8...more like an ISO which will be good for me...5 minutes long...barely moved 1/8"

Did a little "Crossfit"-esque workout (made it up last night) as soon as I woke up this morning:

-12KG KB Pull Throughs X20

-10 lb. med ball burpees X15 (push up on ball w/ both arms, throw ball vertically for height on jump)

-10 lb. sledge hammer slams onto tire X10 each side

3X through this cycle for time

I made it in 8:10

Edited by TravisRush

Just did some bending on a cheatkinked 6.5"X1/4" FBBC square, kinked to 40*

Took me just about 20 minutes and had it moved maybe 5*...I pushed for as long as 7 or 8 seconds at some points...the damage is done, but not on the steel :angry:

Just did some bending on a cheatkinked 6.5"X1/4" FBBC square, kinked to 40*

Took me just about 20 minutes and had it moved maybe 5*...I pushed for as long as 7 or 8 seconds at some points...the damage is done, but not on the steel :angry:

The crush can get a little nasty on sq. just keep working on it Travis you will get

I think maybe you misunderstood? I cheatkinked it 40*...it really was a tough bend for me. I figure if I can get it to 3" between legs, I can put it away, but everything else is weak. Especially with this kinked metal having had the opportunity to set...all I can say is that it was tough!

Edited by TravisRush

what did the ghost say when he walked into the hive? "BOO, BEES!"

Edited by Captain Amazing

Strong work this week! I like the CF style workout. Where did you get the new pic for your avatar?

Very nice work moving the 1/4"X7" Square! I'll send you another program in a day or two that should get you to your real goal quicker than a shotgun method.

Haven't posted any of my lifting numbers lately so here it is for today:

Deadlift (just wanted to see where i was--first time in a while):

135#X10

185#X10

185#X10

225#X10

Bent Over Rows--underhand:

95#X10

105#X10

105#X10

Hammer Curls w/tricep bar:

45#X10

45#X10

65#X10

Bent Over Rows--overhand:

95#X10

105#X10

105#X10

Curls with curl bar:

55#X10

65#X10

75#X10

My new goal, starting today, is to MMS close my RB240N (calibrated at 136 lbs.) by October 15th. I will do grippers twice a week, along with my weights program, to smash that gripper by the 15th.

I did 10 MMS attempts on my RB240N...none of them were really even moved past parallel...definitely need to work on my setting abilities

Wednesday I will be doing some "power sets" (Ben says that Teemu does these---they must work :rock ) on either my RB300N or HG350...probably will try the 350 just because of its spread compared to 300N.

I did 10 MMS attempts on my RB240N...none of them were really even moved past parallel...definitely need to work on my setting abilities

Wednesday I will be doing some "power sets" (Ben says that Teemu does these---they must work :rock ) on either my RB300N or HG350...probably will try the 350 just because of its spread compared to 300N.

Please, do tell :)

I guess I can help you out :)

Power sets are when you take a gripper, that is out of your remote closing range, and "simply" set it (MMS/CCS)...sounds easy but will make your goal gripper set feel like nothing!

I guess I can help you out :)

Power sets are when you take a gripper, that is out of your remote closing range, and "simply" set it (MMS/CCS)...sounds easy but will make your goal gripper set feel like nothing!

AH HA! I do those from time to time but didn't know they had a name :laugh