Gripper Training And Strength And Conditioning From Dublin, Ireland

kinselbj

Hello all, I have been on the board for the last three weeks or so. I have decided to write up my first training journal in order to learn from all you strength athletes out there, to keep my workouts organised and also to keep my motivation as brimming as possible. I plan to show all of my training including my strength and power work in the gym, my conditioning and all my gripper work.

My status is the following:

Height--1m86

Weight--90kg

Age--26

I have just finished a long and grueling rugby season on Saturday so I shall be taking at least a week and a half off my gym training. Just under both scapula and my right hip flexor/hip are beaten up a bit.

I am currently training for a pull up competition with two of my mates--currently on 15 dead hang strict pull ups. Need to get 20 to win.

I purchased my trainer and #1 IM grippers a month and a half ago and I could close both straight off with both hands. I got my #2 a month ago and closed it straight off with my right hand and only over the last two days have I consistently closed it with my left hand. I am outrageously close to closing my #2.5--which I got two weeks ago--with my right hand and maybe half an inch with my left.

My goals to reach by June 2008 are the following:

1. Get 20 beautiful pull ups--currently on 15

2. CCS close my #2.5 with both hands regularly

3. Bodyweight snatch--currently on 77.5kg

4. Bodyweight overhead press--currently on 75kg

5. Double bodyweight deadlift--currently on 3 reps of 160kg

As I said, I am off gym workouts for the next week and a half and I am getting a deep tissue sports massage on Friday to try and fix my body. What I did today was the following:

Grease the groove with pull ups--4 sets of 8 pull ups, 1 set of 8 weighted pull ups.

Grippers:

2 sets of 5 reps on trainer--both hands

1 set of 3 reps on #1, 1 set of one rep on #1--both hands

2 sets of singles on #2--both hands felt very strong

2 sets of singles on #2.5--sooo close with the right and less than an inch with left

I would really appreciate any advice you experienced grip athletes can give me. I realize to become a balanced grip athlete I should be concentrating on more than grippers but I focus on training full body movements for power and strength.

Yours in stength,

Barry

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kinselbj

• t-wehner

• CoC#3

• ewokhugo

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to the board, and continue posting your workouts.

Grippers is a good place to start, and once you do them for a while you'll start to dabble in all the different aspects of grip training found here on the board. Luckily you are already working your whole body, and starting with a solid base to build from.

Only thing i can add is this, work your thumbs now while you are starting out with the grippers. pinch lifting for reps, holds, or max weight is one way. Another way is just get a cheaper store bought gripper and pinch this, or if you have some laying around, old spring collars from a weight set. building your thumb pad up now will help with grippers later, and with others grip feats down the road.

look forward to seeing your posts

take care and good lifting

this program could help you get to 20 pullups. im about to try them, so cant give my own feedback on it, but have heard that a lot of people have had good results from them. and welcome to the board

Well, I broke my deal with myself not to go to the gym. I was determined to beat my snatch PR so I went at it and I am really happy I broke my 'rest week'. I snatched 82.5kg which is a 5 kg increase, nothing much, but now I am only 7.5kg away from a bodyweight snatch which is one of my major goals. The three main reasons I got my PR are:

1. I only snatched in my session with plenty of rest and max singles.

2. I wore my new olympic lifting shoes for the first time.

3. I tweaked my technique so that I catching the weight in a balanced position rather than too far forward

Egg, thanks a lot for the link to Pavel's routine--I am currently doing his grease the groove method and as my contest is in a week and a day I will continue to do this to see if the routine works for me. I will do this routine after the contest so thanks again for the link.

Today I did 2 sets of 8 weighted pull ups with a five kilo weight. I also did 3 sets of 8 bw pull ups. All of these sets were spaced out in the day to avoid fatigue.

My gripper workout was not quite so successful today. I don't think I warmed up enough. I did the following:

1 set of 5 reps on trainer, 1 set of 3 reps--both hands

1 set of 3 reps on #1, 1 single on #1--both hands

3 singles on #2 with left hand--couldn't quite get it today which was annoying

3 singles on #2.5 with right hand--again so close I can taste it.

I think I need to take a leaf out of my snatch workout today with my grippers and take my time with plenty of sub max warm ups. Any help with this would be massively appreciated.

T-Dog, thanks a lot for the advice. I am a complete gripper noobie. The easiest thing for me would be to use the gym collars as the plates in my gym are the horrible plastic coating ones with rims/spokes. Do you just pinch these collars between your thumb and index finger or your thumb and first two fingers? I want to avoid having any imbalances in my grip training so thanks for your help.

My pull up contest is in a week so I wanted to see where I am today. This morning I cranked out 16 pull ups on my USA apparatus. They are like free moving little rope ladders and require stability as well as the strength necessary for the pull up. I got 16 and I left a nice one or two in the bank so I am happy with the new PR.

During my lunch break I then performed 14 thick bar pull ups without stopping and really focusing on speed. I definitely left a few in the bank and the fact that it was a thicker bar really encourages me. I also did 12 pull ups on the USA a few hours later and I will do another 10 before I go to bed. I am going for 20 pull ups next week and I genuinely feel I will get it.

With my grippers today I took notice of my snatch workout yesterday.

I performed 2 sets of 3 reps of the trainer

I then performed at least five or six singles with the #1 on each hand.

I then destroyed a no set #2 with my left hand and got it easily with my right hand. I did at least 5 no set singles with the #2, getting four reps. I tried a ccs close but couldn't quite get it, I need to get used to the technique.

I got two singles with the right hand with the #2 and then I tried 4 singles with the #2.5. I don't see how I can get any closer without making the handles click. I started trying squeezing my opposite hand while crushing the gripper and I think this might help. I watched Richard Sorin speak about this on some video on the board.

Interesting points to note:

My left hand is really starting to feel technically good, if not smoother than my right hand which relies more on strength. I find the same applies when I perform one arm snatches. My technique is a lot smoother on my weaker hand. Maybe the technique compensates for the lack of strength. If this is the case I need to learn the smooth technique for my stronger side. Any advice would be very welcome with this.

I just came back from my deep tissue massage so I have to lay off for the rest of the day and tomorrow also to receive the full benefits. I had problems under both scapula from absorbing contact in my rugby season and I also had a hip flexor issue that I was able to play through, but it got tighter and sorer as the season neared its end. All three body parts were attended to and I feel like a piece of kneaded dough.

Anyway, today I wanted to do a max on my pull ups to see where I was, so on my lunch break I used the fat bar and banged out 18 reps. I am confident I could have gotten another one if I rested a bit more in the hang position. This is another PR and I have every confidence I will get 20 reps and maybe even sneak an extra one if my grip holds out to allow me rest.

I am resting with my grippers today also and I will see how I feel tomorrow. I can't see myself not banging out a few reps at least. I am far too close to my 2.5 gripper to do nothing.

Again, any help anyone can give on my routine will be great. Provided I am feeling less banged up I will start training again on Wednesday and go back to a more normal training routine and I will start doing my hill sprints and conditioning as well as the rest of my lifting.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7291

this picture shows one of the smaller spring collars, and in the image description i posted ideas for its use.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7292

this picture shows a larger spring, maybe not the type you have, but in the Image Description i give ideas for the bigger springs.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7293

this one shows how you can use a store bought gripper for thumb work.

hope this helps. sorry for the delay in replying, get side tracked real easy.

take care and good lifting

Thanks a lot T-Dog, those pictures are really helpful. Thanks for going to the trouble--one of the best things about this board is how much everyone helps each other out. You have won me over to the thumb strength side, now I have to get strong with the pinches.

Well I had a little grip session today despite my two day ban and it was an interesting one. I had a frustrating day with my right hand, but I got a left hand ccs of my #2 for the first time which was nice. I have decided to try the program Ben Edwards wrote in MILO a few months back. I don't know if I can hack limiting myself to three sessions a week so I might bump it up to four, not sure which day I will repeat or maybe try something else.

Anyway, today I warmed up on 3 sets of 3 reps on the trainer both hands and then proceeded to do around 2 table no set singles of #1 and 4 more ccs singles of #1 on both hands.

Left hand--I then went on to the #2 and failed the first ccs attempt on the #2 with the left hand but got it on the second go. I couldn't get it on the third attempt but got a no set close on the fourth and fifth attempt. My attempt on the #2.5 was half an inch away.

Right hand--3 easy ccs closes with the #2 and my first no set attempt on the #2.5 was laughably close. On my attempts that followed, I was between half an inch and less away each time. This is so annoying because my left hand has improved so much technically while my right is agonizingly close to the #2.5 close. Anyway, I will stay patient and just get on with it and stop moaning.

On another note I am going to begin my regular workouts again this week. It is still going to be relatively relaxed with the only conditioning being speed endurance hill sprints. My fitness is still pretty good from my season that just finished so I don't need to worry about my baseline conditioning--at least this week! My gym sessions will also begin tomorrow so I will post how they go. I am also going to be greasing the groove with my pull ups. I am determined to get 20 pull ups in my little lunch break test. We shall see.

Good job man! I saw your PM this morning and will answer it tomorrow or the next day. I've been a busy guy this weekend. You'll get where you want to go. It sounds like you've got the mental drive for it.

I had a good day today. During my lunch break I tested myself and I got 19 fully locked out pull ups which is my new PR. I am only one rep away from 20 which is my target and I am confident I will get it by Thursday. I was actually disappointed not to get 20, but patience is something I am being forced to learn in abundance with my gripper training. I also maxed out on 25 deep full range dips which I was quite disappointed with, but I rarely practice them.

While teaching some of my lads the power clean I had a little go at some pinch lifts for the first time. I was easily able to one hand deadlift two 10kg plates with the smooth side facing out with both hands, but the 15kg plates were a little beyond me. I didn't use chalk or anything, but my new pinching goal is a one handed deadlift with two 20kg plates. I was only able to get it with two hands today, but I will work on it once a week when I am coaching from now on.

Today was my first real gym session back, but my right scapula problem is still holding me back a bit. I did the following:

2 minute shoulder circuit warm up that I saw Smitty from Diesel Crew do on YouTube. It is fantastic for your posture and overall shoulder health and it is also a great upper body warm up.

I then did three circuits of my other warm up--

30 seconds front plank on forehead,

30 seconds belly button squeezes (make yourself as skinny as you can to activate your tranverse abdominus ie. your core muscles),

10 back bridges focusing on glute activation and

10 hamstring curls on swiss ball.

I then warmed up with a few very light sets of deadlift and went up to 1 set of 5 reps of 100kg, 1 set of 5 reps of 110kg and one set of 4 reps of 120kg. I am purposely keeping this very light so that I can work on my deadlifting form which I have had many problems with. I keep rising my hips too early and thus put all the strain on my erector spinae. Anyway, my form was good today so I was happy. The Natural helped me out a bit on his log so that was good.

Then I supersetted ass to grass overhead squats with one legged dumbell Romanian deadlift. 2 sets of 3 reps and 1 set of 4 reps with the oh squats and sets of 6 with 20kg dumbells, again going for pristine form over weight.

I then supersetted 3 sets of 8 barbell Bulgarian split squats using 60kg with 3 sets of 8 one legged medicine ball bridges. This was a very tiring superset, particularly at the end of my workout.

I couldn't do my dragon flags so I did 3 sets of 8 of my own ab exercise that I came up with to hit the lower and upper abs and also the obliques.

A spot of light stretching and I was gone.

I started to try and use my grippers but I could tell I was fatigued straight away so I left it. I am going away for a few days on Friday so I will cram as much training as I can in. So long.

I finally closed the #2.5 today and it was as sweet as I had hoped for. I started off the my gripper session following the strength focus day of Ben Edward's program in MILO, but I wasn't firing on all cylinders. I started off with a few reps of the trainer with each hand followed by a single ccs close of my trainer and #1 with both hands. I then missed a ccs close with my left on the #2 but got it with my right. I didn't feel strong at all at this point, but I went ahead with it. I then missed a no set with the #2 with my left and my #2.5 with my right. I was not in the groove and I knew it so I left it at that.

Half an hour later, I came back and launched straight into the #2 with a no set and got it with both hands. I then barely missed a #2.5 with my right and got the #2 with my left again. I then CLOSED the #2.5 with my right for the first time and even turned it around for a good two seconds to make sure. I followed that with another #2 close and barely missed the next attempt on the #2.5 with the right, but I was really happy with the previous so I don't mind.

Lessons learned:

1. I need to warm up more than Ben's program states. It is probably just how my body reacts.

2. My technique continues to improve and each day I feel like I am wrapping my hand around the gripper more and as such, feel stronger in the movement.

I also had my upper body strength day in the gym.

Warmed up with neck, core, glute and hamstring circuit x3, followed by 2 minute shoulder girdle/back circuit.

Standing Behind Neck Shoulder Press with barbell

2 light warm up sets

1x5 @65kg, 1x5 @67.5, 1 x3@67.5, 1 x4@65--Not very strong on this movement so I need to build it up.

Weight Pull Ups--3x5+20kg, 22.5, 25, 1x4@27.5

Supersetted with

DB Arnold Press--3x8 @24kg db, 1x7

Seated Hammer Row--3 x5 reps each arm separate-60kg each side

Supersetted with

DB Incline Row--3 x5 with 20kg db

Weighted Dips--1x5 +30kg, 2 x4+ 35kg

SS

Bodyweight flies using hanging cables--1x 5, 2 x3

Ab rollouts using cables--3 x5

Great job on your 1st #2.5 close!!! Close to some easy #3s now. Keep smashing through them. Glad to hear you're getting a little use out of the program too. I still have some guys writing to me telling me that it's helping them along.

good job man, awesome.

I've had the same thing happen to me too, quit a workout and come back to it, and do better than if i had try to force the issue. sometimes its just better that way.

also like the way you go at the gym work too. looks like a good program.

Thanks a lot T-Dog and Ben. Encouragement goes a long way when you have frustrating days--they occur all to frequently...

I got a deep tissue sports massage a few hours ago that again focused on my scapula problems and my hip flexor that built up during my rugby season. Outrageously painful at times but well worth it. As such, I am leaving the workouts for today and letting the body heal. I really would recommend a deep tissue massage to anyone with any muscular issues or tightnesses at all. It took two sessions for me to feel the full benefits, but I have a funny feeling this one will do the trick.

Had a strange day. I got home after work determined to do the Technique Focus Day of Ben's program.

Both hands--2 x 5 of trainer--ccs

6x 1 of #1-ccs--trying to find the sweet spot, only saw John Eaton's youtube video on setting last night so gave it a shot. I need to get used to it and I gradually became more comfortable. I abandoned the program and then got a ccs of #2 on both hands. I then missed my next 3 attempts of the ccs#2 with the left and #2.5 with the right. With a strict ccs on the #2.5, I am three of four millimeters away and only barely past parallel on the left. I obviously have a lot of work to do with my technique and strength from the position.

My gym workout followed a similar vein. I abandoned my set program to try and get a PR in the snatch.

I warmed up with some overhead squats and shoulder stick work.

I then proceeded to do my one arm snatches and built it up to one rep each hand with 52.5kg which was a 2.5 increase on my PR which was nice. I just barely missed with 55kg.

I then went into the snatches but my technique was not feeling smooth at all. I did single reps building up to 75kg and my technique broke down, so I lowered the weight, got the technique passable again and built it up to equal my best of 82.5kg, but I then missed 85kg three times which was frustrating. I just needed to lock it back an inch and I could have overhead squatted it back up. This means I was keeping the bar too far from my body. So I was snatching for an hour and my technique was lacklustre but I still matched my best so it's not that bad.

I then supersetted the following:

Overhead Press--1x 5 @65, 2x 3 @70, 72.5, 1x 1 @77.5--my shoulders were real tired from the snatches so I was not firing on all cylinders.

with

Chin up/pull up tranfers(you chin up and mid air transfer to a pull up grip and vice versa--it's a good power exercise)--1x 8, 3x 7

I finished with 3 sets of my ab exercise and 4 sets of 30 seconds on/off of abdominal hollows/belly button squeezes.

I had a frustrating day because I wanted a snatch PR and my technique was not at the races, but at least I got an increase with the one arm snatch.

I learned the following:

1. If my technique is feeling poor, break down the weight and stop trying to go for a PR--This applies for my grippers and my snatch today.

2. If I am going for a PR, have half of my recovery supplement before my workout to give me the energy that inevitably becomes sapped.

3. Learn from these errors rather than just write about them and ignore them next time.

What do you take for recovery after training?

Also congrats on the #2.5. The RB210 i sent you (you should get it today) will be a nice step up. When you get it give it a go with an MMS and see how you fare.

What do you take for recovery after training?

Also congrats on the #2.5. The RB210 i sent you (you should get it today) will be a nice step up. When you get it give it a go with an MMS and see how you fare.

I use recovermax. Half a scoop or one before a session and two after. I don't want to get any bigger so I don't eat like a house anymore or take any other supplements except fish oil and glucosomine for my joints (trying to get into good habits before my joints actually need them), zinc, magnesium and calcium because I have read in many sources that we are all deficient in these. Thanks a lot for the advice in the pm Sam, your advice will always be taken on board as you are an experienced grip athlete despite your tender years :inno

In other news, I am going to Spain until Monday night and I have already packed my grippers, my USA apparatus and my training gear. I am going away with my lady and my family and the lady wants to train with me--she is also an athlete so she is actually very supportive with my newfound addiction. What I will be doing is greasing the groove with pull ups so I can get the 20--only one to go. I will also grease the groove with handstand press ups because I want to improve my overhead press strength. The piece de resistance will be the hill sprints: the place I am staying has the nastiest 100 metre hill I have ever seen, so that should be fun. I will let you know how all this fun goes.

Well, I got back tonight and I had a great few days away. I did the following training:

Friday night--a few sets of pull ups. We got there late so didn't do much.

Saturday--

Strength--7 sets of greasing the groove with 10 pull ups and 6 handstand push ups using the wall to help balance.

Myself and the girlfriend did 3 steep hill sprints to the very top of a winding hill--first one in 45seconds, 47 and 51 in the last sprint. We rested five minutes between reps and to say the legs were burning understates it massively. We rested ten minutes after the last sprint and then did 8 shorter sprints with two minutes recovery, averaging between 7.5 and 7.8 seconds. The point of this session was to work on my speed endurance.

Grippers--worked on a few warm up sets of 3 with the trainer. This followed with a couple of #2 ccs closes with both hands. I then killed the #2.5 with a wider than mms set and did two or three single reps with the right hand. With the left, I kept working the #2 with a few missed attempts with the #2.5 by around half an inch. My grip felt real strong in this session.

Sunday--I greased the groove with around 5 sets of 10 pull ups and 6 handstand push ups.

Grippers--worked on my ccs technique in singles. Reps on the trainer, #1 and #2 with both hands felt good. I am around half an inch away from a right handed ccs close with the #2.5 and just inside parallel with the left. These were the distances when I was first attempted the #2.5 except now the distances apply for a ccs set. I will get there.

Conditioning--6 sets of 30 seconds on/off of burpees with clap at the top--If anyone ever tries this, please pm me and let me know how you get on. This is the single most intense 6 minutes of body conditioning I have ever done. This was my sixth or seventh time doing it and it is hell on your legs, your quads in particular. The delayed onset muscle fatigue is gross. The first time I did it I couldn't walk down stairs without pain for three days.

I followed this with tabata interval push ups--8 sets of 20 seconds on/10 off. This was also a killer, particularly because I was fatigued from the burpees and also all the pull ups and handstand push ups I was doing.

Monday--lots of walking and stretching to try and get the legs back to normal. They aren't as fried as I was afraid they would be.

Things learned:

1.The sadistic side of me loves nasty conditioning, but only if it is short and sweet.

2. After a set of pull ups my gripping feels strong.

3. Lots of really good food, rest and exercise makes me feel fantastic.

4. For me, CCS closes require more strength and technique than my other method of getting a slight set and just banging.

5. My girlfriend is a tough nut--She did the hill sprints with me and did 3 sets of 30 seconds burpees and 3 sets of dynamic lunges, one after the other. :bow

I had a HUGE day in the gym today. I am still on a high, so here is what I did:

My program went out the window again today. I wanted a PR in the snatch. I had my scoop of recovermax and got set.

I warmed up with some overhead squats and triples snatching with the bar, 30kg, 40, 50, 60.

I then performed singles at 70kg, 75, 77.5, 80, 82.5. I missed my first attempt at 85kg, I caught it just in front of my sticking point.

I adjusted my technique and nailed the 85kg. I was determined to get the 85kg that thwarted me the previous week and I nailed it fairly comfortably. Again, I focused on pulling back more which allowed me to get under the bar easier and catch the bar in my sticking point. New PR. I then uttered a few expletives and threw 87.5. I was really enjoying myself and I was looking forward to each lift. I then nailed 87.5, walking forward slightly to ensure proper lockout. Another new PR. I was real happy now, Only 2.5 kg away from a bodyweight snatch. One of my mates then said "f*#k it Barry, throw on the 90." So that I did. Again, I snatched it, got under it and overhead squatted the bad boy up, again needing to take two or three steps to secure my footing.

I was on a real high, laughing to myself and the lads who know me in the gym were real happy for me. I had a 7.5kg increase in my PR and I attained my main goal for June: A bodyweight snatch!

I then wanted to test my pull ups and I was determined to hit my target of 20 reps. I got someone to count for me so I wouldn't have to concentrate on it and I hammered out 20 of the best pull ups in my life. I was on cloud nine because this was my other main goal for June. I had worked really hard with my pull ups, continually greasing the groove and it paid off. I left the gym a very happy man.

I had hoped to collect my ordered #3 in the post, as well as the rb210 I bought off Sam, but they haven't arrived yet, so I left the grippers for today. The callus on my right pinky tore off my snatches, so it is probably better to just leave it.

I learned the following today:

1. The rest, good food, small doses of training and relaxation of Spain for three days did me the world of good.

2. It is incredible that such a small tweak in one's technique can render such benefits.

3. Smart training and a community that helps someone can rapidly accelerate one's progress.

4. Greasing the groove works. Now that my goals will change, I am going to use my grippers with similar principles and give them more of a priority. I will write out my new goals and priorities in tomorrow's post.

I had a weird day. I was so wired last night from my session in the gym--I had only taken a recovery supplement with no cafeine or any of the like--that I only got three hours sleep. Anyway, I was so rested from my days away that I wasn't affected at all. I had a gripper day today, but annoyingly, my ordered grippers still haven't arrived yet so I had to do without.

Session 1: Warm up sets with ccs singles with the trainer and #1 with both hands. Felt really comfortable.

Left hand--I then went on to #2 and just failed a ccs with the left. For some reason it didn't feel comfortable at all so I went back down to the trainer to try and get the groove back. I then ccs the #2 solidly, but failed again in the next two attempts, falling out of the groove again. Not quite sure what happened there, but I will keep working on my technique.

Right hand--I easily got the #2 ccs and went on to the #2.5. After a series of 4 ccs attempts I gradually got closer and the distance is ever so closely starting to diminish within half an inch. I want to ccs the #2.5 consistently by the end of the month.

Session 2: I still had loads of energy so I wanted to get as many reps on my #2 as possible with a regular set wide than the ccs. I warmed up on the trainer and got 10 reps on the #1 with my left and 12 reps with the right hand. I didn't really push it because I wanted to save it for the #2.

With the #2, I then only got 1 rep on the left and two, narrowly missing on a third with the right. The next set I just missed two reps with the left and I got two straight reps with the right and a third after a split second re-set.

In my third set with the right I got 3 straight reps with the #2 and my left hand one and a close miss again.

my fourth set I got four reps with the right and another one and a close miss with the left.

I went back down to the #1 for my final set. I got 12 with the left hand and 20 with the right hand.

I never train this way so it is good to get a little variety in there. I am still thinking about my overall goals for the rest of May so I will get back on that. With my grippers, as I have already said, I want a ccs of my #2.5 consistently and I will get it too.

I was reading Teemu's article on using the chokers and a reason he wrote for using chokers is that it requires more explosive strength. I think the ccs close also requires this as well as the muscular endurance to keep the gripper in place and in set. I obviously need to work on this.

sorry my gripper hasn't arrived yet, i assumed it was going to be a while as it was going air mail. I sent it first class, by air mail, but not recorded.

sorry my gripper hasn't arrived yet, i assumed it was going to be a while as it was going air mail. I sent it first class, by air mail, but not recorded.

I knew it would take this long, I am just getting impatient. I have more than enough on my plate right now anyway. I am looking forward to testing myself against that rb210 though... After reading your log you need to get some sleep my man, you've earned it. :D

Edited by kinselbj

I knew it would take this long, I am just getting impatient. I have more than enough on my plate right now anyway. I am looking forward to testing myself against that rb210 though... After reading your log you need to get some sleep my man, you've earned it. :D

just got up after 14 hours kip mate. night off work tonight.

really hope the gripper will come soon.

Guest drfish

Thanks for the links you posted about snatches in my log. Those were good. I'm going to incorporate a few snatches into my workout regularly. Thanks for the advice. Your goal of a bodyweight snatch is impressive. I can't imagine ever snatching my bodyweight, but we'll see what time brings. I weigh about 240 lbs (or 109 Kg as you would probably say) :D