Gumpster's Gripping

gumpster

17Aug08

Stacker Lift - R&L 20# hold for 5sec, 30# hold for 5sec(PR! both hands), 30# about 2sec each hand

8# Sledge Front - R&L 5sec holds choked up 10/8/6 about 2sec/8/8"

8# Sledge Rear - R&L 5sec holds choked up 0/0/0/0"

8# Sledge Side - R&L rotation to both sides choked up 20x1/18x1/16 failed/18x1

8# Sledge Overhead - R&L 1/2/1

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Reverse Wrist Curls - R&L 15# 3reps, 15# 3reps, 17.5# 3reps

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Wrist Curls - R&L 30# 5reps, 35# L 3reps R 5reps, 40# 1rep

Plate Curls - R&L 20# 4reps

Bending - crushed down a 7mm x 5" piece that I failed on some weeks ago (I've never finished one in a single attempt yet)

I knew it was just a matter of having a good day and today was it apparently - got 30# up on the stacker with both hands even! I usually feel stronger with my left but today my right felt better. I rested a few minutes and tried it again to make sure it wasn't luck and got it for a couple seconds. Felt good on everything today and at the end decided to hit a piece of 7mm x 5" that I had failed on before. It was stuck at around 90deg (I've attempted several and they all get stuck here). I did careful wrapping and got it tight which was critical. I felt it move on the first hit and then it was in crush down stage. Still very hard for me but I got it in a minute or so. I'm not fond of short stock but I'd like to get a piece of this done in one sitting (<5 minutes).

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gumpster

• ewokhugo

• Griparn

• easyWeight

Top Posters In This Topic

21Aug08

Grippers - #1 R&L - 5 full reps, 10 full reps

#2 R&L - TNS 5sec hold, TNS 5sec hold, MMS 2reps

#2.5 R&L - TNS attempt 2mm away, MMS 5sec hold x 5 sets

#3 R&L - MMS attempt 1cm away, choker @22mm 5sec hold x 3 sets

Didn't feel strong and the #3 MMS attempt showed that. Tried to get in a good workout again while waiting at the bus stop. Not sure if the running early in the morning is responsible for any of the weakness in my grip workouts but I did about 5km today. Right hand is still a little sore where it was back on 14 Aug...I need to let it rest, I know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

22Aug08

Bending DO - 60d x 3. 9mm x 7" HRS

Bending Reverse - 60d

So much for letting things rest and heal up (lol). Had to go help my wife at her store and some teenage guys were hanging out in front so I did a little demo for them and let them have a try at the 60d (they didn't move it). Felt pretty good considering the gripper workout yesterday. That 9mm HRS is such a satisfying bend...if you can move it, it stays where you move it (no spring).

Just out of curiosity...do you feelyou are doing too much before your #3 attempts?

Just out of curiosity...do you feelyou are doing too much before your #3 attempts?

I don't do the stuff listed in that order (just list it that way for convenience). I usually do a few reps on the #1, then one on the #2, then one on the #2.5 - then I go for the #3. It might look like I do that all before the #3 in my log but actually I don't. I like to go at the #3 when I'm fresh and then when I know I'm wearing down I go back and do the #2.5 & #2 some more.

27Aug08

Bending DO - 60d, 9mm x 5.5" HRS (PR!), 7mm x 6" square (in about 8min)

Bending DU - 60d, 7mm x 7" failed micro-kink

Bending Reverse - 60d, 9mm x 7.25" HRS failed 5deg, 7mm x 7"

This was my attempt on the 60d IEW goal and I got it! I've had no problem with reverse and DO but the DU finally went down for the first time about a month ago. A few months back I thought I'd never get it DU so I'm pretty pleased with the progress. Then I went after more PR bends DO. The 9mm x 5.5" HRS was a killer and took me almost the full 5min. The crush down was really hard for me since that's my weak area. I have tried the 7mm square several times at 6" but never was able to finish it. This time I got it but I had to rest and hit it over and over to get the crush down (might be harder than the 9mm I did prior but felt more difficult due to fatigue at that point). It took me a couple extra minutes but I got it done. I took a wild shot at a long piece of 9mm HRS reverse style and barely moved it. Made even less movement on the DU attempt with 7mm round. Right hand still a bit sore between the thumb and index finger.

30Aug08 (all weights are plates only - apparatus/clip/loading pin not included)

FBBC Chunk - R&L 30# - 5sec, 35# - 1sec, 25# - 5sec

IM Hub - R&L 35# - 5sec, , 40# - 5sec, 45# - 2sec, 40# - 5sec

3" Pinch Block - R&L 40# - 5sec, 45# - 5sec, 50# - 5sec, 55# - 5sec, 50# - 5sec

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt - R&L 75# - 5sec, 75# - 10sec, 75# - 5sec

Grippers - R&L #1 - 5 full reps

#2 - TNS hold 5sec

#2.5 - MMS, choker @parallel hold 5sec

#3 - choker at 22mm - failed both hands 2mm away

Didn't feel great today and grippers were really weak - couldn't get the #3 closed in the choker.

3Sep08

Stacker Lift - R&L 20# hold for 5sec, 30# hold for 5sec, 25# hold for 5sec

8# Sledge Front - R&L 5sec holds choked up 10/8/6 about 3sec R 1sec L/10"

8# Sledge Rear - R&L 5sec holds choked up 0/0/0"

8# Sledge Side - R&L rotation to both sides choked up 20x1/18x1/18x1/20x3

8# Sledge Overhead - R&L 1/1/1

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Reverse Wrist Curls - R&L 15# 3reps, 12.5# 5reps, 13.75# 3reps

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Wrist Curls - R&L 35# 3reps, 30# 5reps, 30# 5reps

Plate Wrist Curls - 20# 2reps R 3 reps L

Didn't feel great today and that strange pain in my right hand (between thumb & index) didn't help. I know I need to give it a rest but it's hard. Maybe I can force myself to to just work the left hand in my next workout which is grippers. I was happy to get 30# up again on the stacker lift just so I know it wasn't luck last time.

On a side note, I went shopping for bending stuff again and got lucky. I finally found some 8mm CRS and got myself a 20' piece for the equivalent of $3. This will hopefully let me know where I stand in my quest to kill a bastard (soon I will order the real thing). I also found a few bolts at an auto parts store that should be fun to play with...my first bolts ever. :)

Wow, you are having fast progress! If Im not mistaken a bastard is like a red nail?

Thanks, I'm hoping that my bending progress is actually progress and not just weak steel. The FBBC Bastard & Ironmind Red Nail are the same size and type (CRS - 7"x 5/16") which is just a hair under the 8mm stuff I bought.

Good to hear you found a bunch of 8mm CRS. Look forward to seeing how you do on a Bastard!

Thanks Ben - I'm dying to bend something that I can finally compare to the standard stuff everyone else is bending. I think shipping a pack of 10 bastard bars down here might cost more than than bars themselves but it must be done.

6Sep08

Grippers - R&L (in order done)

#1 - 5 no-set reps

#2 - TNS hold 5sec

#2.5 - TNS attempt 2mm away

#3 - MMS attempt R 1/4" away L 1cm away

#3 - choker @22mm - R closed 5sec hold, L 1mm away 5sec hold

#2.5 - MMS 5sec hold

#3 - choker @22mm - closed R&L 5sec hold

#2.5 - MMS 10sec hold

#2.5 - MMS 5sec hold

#2 - 5 parallel reps

#1 - 30 parallel reps

I wasn't planning to do my right hand due a nagging pain I've been having but after trying a few reps on the #1 it didn't seem to cause any discomfort. I changed the listing here to show the actual sequence of attempts (the post by verdigriz recently alerted me to the impression I was giving). Another gripper workout just treading water. I really thought I would have the #2.5 TNS close done by now but my guess is that all the other lower arm training has slowed my progress on grippers. Gains come fast in the beginning and slow down when you reach a certain point. I won't do any grip training until probably Wednesday since I want to give the 8mm CRS that I just bought a good attempt. I emailed John at FBBC and got a quote for bending stock - the shipping is going to be painful so I'm holding off until next month to make an order so I can get a little extra added.

10Sep08

Grippers - #2 R&L - MMS 10sec hold

#2 R&L - MMS 10sec hold

#2 R&L - TNS 5sec hold

#2 R&L - MMS 10sec hold

#2 R&L - MMS 10sec hold

#2 R&L - TNS 5sec hold

#2 R&L - MMS 4 parallel reps

#2 R&L - MMS 10sec hold

#2 R&L - MMS 10sec hold

#2 R&L - TNS 3sec hold

#2 R&L - TNS 5sec hold

#2 R&L - MMS 5sec hold

Bending DO - 60d, 8mm x 7" (PR!), 7mm x 5" (PR!), 5/16" x 6" bolt (unmarked) - failed 2mm micro-kink

Bending DU - 60d, 60d, 6.5mm x 7" square - failed 2mm micro-kink

Bending Reverse - 60d, 6.5mm x 5" square (PR!), 9mm x 7.25" HRS finished failed piece from last workout

Another day waiting at the bus stop while my wife shopped (this all took place over a 4 hour period). I was using my powerball and rubber bands for extensor work throughout. Hadn't planned to do much gripper work but brought my #2 with me and it felt good so I went for it. Had some strong closes and holds which can't hurt since my gripper progress has stalled out a bit. Knocked out the 60d IEW again for a bending warm-up. Had to do another one DU since that is my weakest style and I want the 60d to become routine. I made a DU attempt at the 6.5mm square but it stumped me about the same as the 7mm round I've tried before - any movement means there is still hope though. DO - This was my first attempt at the 8mm CRS I recently acquired. I wrapped it carefully and was pleasantly surprised to get it crushed down within a minute. This is closest analog I have to a Bastard/Red so I'm now confident I can kill one of those when I get my hands on it (next month hopefully). I also killed the 7mm x 5" piece that has thwarted my efforts for several months. At the end when I was pretty tired I gave one of the bolts I bought a few hits...it barely moved, but I think I could move it more when I'm fresh. Reverse - I keep trying to go after shorter stock of stuff I have already killed and the 6.5mm x 5" is another one off my list. It didn't feel like it bent very far (maybe since it's so short) but upon measuring it was at 42deg. I brought the 9mm HRS piece I barely moved last bending session with me. Got a bit fired up and tore into it. I didn't think it was going to move much but it started to and I think the shock of it moving made me put even more effort into it. Ended up around 72deg. Can't count that one as a PR since it was already kinked to 5deg but it'll give me something to shoot for next time (@7"). My right hand pain made a little return but nothing that would stop my workout. My wrists hurt more than anything at the end. Good workout overall!

Good workout! Im really impressed with your bending, you dont look very big and it makes it even more impressive!! :bow

Thanks Griparn! I'm trying to keep improving and so far the bending has been faster than anything else. I don't really want to do any videos of the stuff I'm bending since it's just my training stock that I can't compare to anything else most people are bending. I'm a little taller than the average guy but much thinner & weaker in the upper body. I'm hoping to give the skinny grip guys a good showing once I get my FBBC bending stock.

15Sep08

Grippers - #2 R&L - MMS 5sec hold

#2 R&L - MMS 10sec hold

#2 R&L - TNS 5sec hold

#2 R&L - TNS 5sec hold

#2 R&L - MMS 5sec hold

#2 R&L - MMS 10sec hold

#2 R&L - TNS 5sec hold

#2 R&L - TNS 5sec hold

#2 R&L - MMS 10sec hold

#2 R&L - MMS 5sec hold

(above closes done earlier in the day...while waiting at the bus stop)

#2.5 R&L - MMS 10sec hold

#2.5 R&L - MMS 5sec hold

#2.5 R&L - TNS attempt 5mm away

#2.5 R&L - MMS 5sec hold

#2.5 R&L - MMS 10sec hold

#2.5 R&L - MMS 5sec hold

FBBC Chunk - R&L 20# - 5sec, 25# - 5sec, 30# - 2sec

IM Hub - R&L 30# - 5sec, , 40# - 5sec, 45# - 1sec, 40# - L 5sec R 2sec

PVC Hub - R&L - 60# - 1sec (hadn't tried it in months and remembered this was the most I ever got)

3" Pinch Block - R&L 40# - 5sec, 50# - 5sec, 55# - 5sec, 60# - 1sec, 50# - 5sec

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt - R&L 75# - 5sec, 75# - 5sec, 75# - 15sec, 75# - 15sec

Had some time to kill at the bus stop so I did some work on the #2 (also powerball and rubber band extensor work). I few hours later I did my planned workout and only used the #2.5 gripper. My hands/lower arms always feel the least sore after these pinch workouts so I tried to add a bit more. Felt a bit weak on the chunk and hub but that could be from the earlier gripper work. Holding the 3" PVC pipe for 15sec gave me a good burn in my forearms. I'm hoping to get another 20# plate next month so I can increase that exercise. For all the other exercises I do my 75# in plates is more than enough. A RT is on my wish list though (maybe early next year). It should feel small compared to this 3-incher. No pain to speak of in my right hand which is a good sign - hopefully this is the end of it.

18Sep08

Stacker Lift - R&L 20# hold for 5sec, 25# hold for 5sec, 30# R failed L hold for 2sec

8# Sledge Front - R&L 5sec holds choked up 10"/8" L 5sec R failed/10"/10"

8# Sledge Rear - R&L 5sec holds choked up 0"/0"/0", 6" x 3 reps

8# Sledge Side - R&L rotation to both sides choked up 20"x2/18"x1/20"x4

8# Sledge Overhead - R&L 1/1

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Reverse Wrist Curls - R&L 15# 3reps, 10# 5reps, 10# 5reps, 12.5# 5reps

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Wrist Curls - R&L 35# 1rep, 30# 3reps, 30# 5reps

Plate Wrist Curls - R&L 20# 5reps, 20# 4reps

Card Tearing (halved & quartered) - 24 cards, 30 cards

Weather was bad (heavy rain) and hands felt weird. Couldn't hold onto the hammer like normal and felt a bit weak on everything. Afterward, I tore up some chunks of an old phone book practicing as if they were cards. Then I tore up one of the cheap decks I bought. The 30 cards wasn't easy and took me a few seconds. I'd like to work my way up to a full deck someday.

20Sep08

Grippers - #1 R&L - TNS x 5

#2.5 R&L - TNS attempts 2mm away

#2.5 R&L - MMS x 1

#3 choked at 22mm R&L - closed x 1

#2.5 R&L - MMS 5sec hold

#2 R&L - TNS x 1

#3 choked at 22mm R&L - closed x 1

#2.5 R&L - MMS 5sec hold

#2 R&L - MMS 5sec hold

#1 R&L - MMS 5sec hold

Bending DO - 5/16" x 6" bolt (unmarked, from last time) - failed but kinked another couple mm, 8mm x 6.5", 8mm x 6", 8mm x 5.5" (PR!), 5/16" x 6.5" bolt (number "5" on head...PR I guess - my first bolt)

Bending DU - 60d, 7mm x 7" (PR!), 6.5mm x 7" square - finished piece from last time

Bending Reverse - 60d, 9mm x 7" HRS (PR!)

I was sitting here still a little sore from the last workout thinking about Gazza's latest "incredi-bends" and that he bends something nearly everyday. This should have just been grippers but I wanted to see if I could move the bolt I made a tiny kink in last time (5/16" x 6"). I moved it only a tiny bit more but couldn't help myself and did quite bit of bending and not much grippers. I guess it was a good idea - I got PRs in all 3 styles. I did the 8mm x 7" last time and it wasn't too hard so I went with a 6.5" and it was no problem. I had cut a 6" & 5.5" so I went after those as well. The 5.5" took me a little longer but I think I still got it in around a minute. I had another 5/16" bolt that I got from an auto parts store and that was the final DO bend. It was 6.5" long but a tough bend. The only marking is a "5" on the head but it's kind of gold colored like I've seen on many of the G8 1/4" bolts posted here. DU - I am having no problems with the 60d now but that next step has been tough to figure out. Today was the day - I killed the 7mm x 7" and then finished off the 6.5mm x 7" square that I barely kinked last time. Wrists were screaming but I got it done. I also got a piece of the 9mm x 7" HRS killed in reverse style. Probably my best bending day thus far. One thing I have noticed is that my wrists feel tighter a couple days after I do my sledge levering workout (maybe that had something to do with it). My hands are aching as I type this but I'm happy I decided to do some bending today. :)

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7874

I checked out the pictures...that's some nice bending. How does the 9mm HRS compare to other stock? I've never tried HRS reverse, but I'd think that would be pretty tough to move because of the diameter. Looks cool, anyway. Also, that one bolt looks gold like a G8. Kind of weird. Could that be an "S" on the head of it? I think I may have seen that mark before, but couldn't tell fromthe picture.

I checked out the pictures...that's some nice bending. How does the 9mm HRS compare to other stock? I've never tried HRS reverse, but I'd think that would be pretty tough to move because of the diameter. Looks cool, anyway. Also, that one bolt looks gold like a G8. Kind of weird. Could that be an "S" on the head of it? I think I may have seen that mark before, but couldn't tell fromthe picture.

Thanks! I had to get a picture since it was kind of a breakthrough day for me. The 9mm HRS (at 7") is a fun bend - I'd say it's closer to the 7mm CRS round at 6" in difficulty. The 7mm square CRS I've bent is much harder than the 9mm HRS round inch for inch - haven't moved a 7" square piece in reverse yet. The HRS looks huge but only gets tough at the last part of the crush down. I was shopping for 8mm stock and they didn't have any at the time so this was the next thing up. I didn't think I'd be able to move it but it felt great when it did. My reverse has always been a little behind my DO but I'm making progress in all styles. Yeah, the golden bolt is strange...if you click on the pic it shows it full size and the "5" is more clear on the small inset picture between the bolt ends (I had to use my video camera to take pics and it sucks). It's definitely a 5 but I'm thinking the bolt may be a Grade 2 due to the fact that I got it bent. That other bolt up top (5/16" x 6" - grey colored) that I barely kinked I believe must be in the Grade 5 area even though there are no markings on the head. I gave it all I had at the beginning and again at the end of my bending session (maybe 5 long hits each) and moved it about 2mm...it feels like it won't move at all. :cry

24Sep08

Grippers - #2.5 R&L - MMS 15 closes (over several hours)

#1 R&L - TNS x 3

#2 R&L - MMS x 1

#3 R&L - Choker @22mm - 1 rep 2 sets

FBBC Chunk - R&L 30# - 5sec, 40# - broke ground, 35# - broke ground, 35# - 2sec

IM Hub - R&L 35# - 5sec, , 45# - 5sec, 40# - 5sec, 40# - 5sec

3" Pinch Block - R&L 45# - 5sec, 55# - 5sec, 65# - R 3sec L 1sec, 60# - R 5sec L 3sec, 55# - 5sec, 60# - 5sec

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt - R&L 75# - 5sec, 75# - 10sec

Bending ISOs - 5 good hits on the 5/16"x 6" bolt I barely kinked last couple bending sessions...no movement today

Did some #2.5 MMS closes/extensor bands/powerball while waiting at the bus stop then came back home and got going on pinch work. Tried the chunk at 40# when I was fresh and just got it off the ground (that's a first). Right hand felt strong on the pinch block today but that darn pain between the thumb and index has returned. Maybe I need a little more rest.

28Sep08

Stacker Lift - R&L 20# hold for 5sec, 25# hold for 5sec, 27.5# hold for 5sec

8# Sledge Front - R&L 5sec holds choked up 10"/8" R 2sec L 5sec/10"

8# Sledge Rear - R&L 5sec holds choked up 4"/0"/2"

8# Sledge Side - R&L rotation to both sides choked up 20"x1/20"x1/18"x1

8# Sledge Overhead - R&L 1

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Reverse Wrist Curls - R&L 10# 5reps, 10# 5reps

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Wrist Curls - R&L 30# 3reps, 30# 3reps

Plate Wrist Curls - R&L 20# 3reps

Bending DO - 60d, 9mm x 5" HRS - got it to 75deg, 1/4" x 7" stainless - got it to 2 3/8"

Bending DU - 60d, 7mm x 6.5" - barely wobbled

Bending Reverse - 60d, 7mm x 5" - got to 20deg

Should have left out the bending today I think. Felt horribly weak and my right hand acted up during the bending (even felt pain down to my elbow at times). Even the other stuff felt "off" today and there was no way I was getting 30# with the stacker. I tried a few bends I've never done and failed at them all (no surprise there). I thought I might have a chance at the stainless but it was not to be. The 60ds felt difficult today and usually I have no trouble with them.

2Oct08

Grippers - #1 R&L - TNS x5

#2.5 R&L - TNS attempt 2mm away

#2.5 R&L - TNS attempt 2mm away

#3 R&L - Choker @22mm x1

#2.5 R&L - MMS hold 5sec

#2 R&L - TNS hold 5sec

#2 R&L - TNS

#3 R&L - Choker @22mm - failed 3mm away

#2 R&L - TNS

#2.5 R&L - MMS hold 5sec

#1 R&L - TNS x5

#2 R&L - 5 parallel reps

#2 R&L - MMS 5sec hold

FBBC Chunk - R&L 30# - 2sec, 25# - 5sec, 25# - 5sec

IM Hub - R&L 40# - 5sec, , 50# - R failed L 1sec, 45# - R 1sec L 5sec, 40# - 5sec

3" Pinch Block - R&L 45# - 5sec, 55# - 1sec, 50# - 5sec, 50# - 5sec

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt - R&L 75# - 5sec, 75# - 10sec, 75# - 5sec, 75# - 5sec

Bending ISOs - 5 hits on the slightly kinked 5/16"x 6" bolt...no movement

after - tore some chunks of a phone book into smaller chunks as practice for card tearing

Pinch felt a bit weak today or maybe it was just the slick painted surfaces giving me a bad day. Near the end of the grippers I started feeling the pain in my right hand again and it got worse when I did the bending ISOs. Strangely, the tearing of the phone book didn't hurt at all in that part of my hand (it hurt other places :) ). I know I need to rest for a good week or two but I can't stand not doing some training when it doesn't bother the injury for the most part. I'll wait until the BBB is over then I'll order my bending stock.

4Oct08

Gripper - #1 R&L - TNS x 150 closes throughout the day (just trying something different while traveling out of town)

also did some extensor work with rubber bands

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5Oct08

Gripper - #2 R&L - MMS x 15 singles over a two hour period

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8Oct08

Gripper - #2 R&L - MMS x 20 singles (over several hours)

Gripper - #2 R&L - TNS x 5 singles ("")

Bending DO - 60d, 5/16" x 6.5" bolt, 60d, 5/16" x 6.5" bolt, 8mm x 5.5" (PR), 8mm x 7.5" bolt (was 8" but I cut the head off...carriage bolt I think it's called), 7mm x 6" square...failed about 2mm kink, more ISOs on the 5/16" x 6" bolt I've been using...no movement of note

Bending DU - 7mm x 6.5" - no progress...ISOs on the bar from last time

Bending Reverse - 60d

Had a few unusual workouts over the past few days. I had always wanted to try a high volume day using an easy gripper so I got my chance while going out of town. I got in 150 TNS closes on the #1 over the entire day (maybe 10 hours or so). Other than a little wear on the skin of my pinkies I felt no ill effects. Today was the big one and I went a little overboard on the DO bending. The 6.5" bolts are fun, tough and they look cool (gave one away to some onlookers at the bus stop who were watching me). I found out the shop I bought them from has some shorter so I'll be trying those soon. I got a 5.5" piece of the 8mm stock finished - not easily though. I had bought a couple carriage bolts (I think - with rounded heads) some weeks back - 8" & 6" in what appears to be 8mm. They look slightly fatter than the 8mm stock I have though and the one I bent today was really tough. It was 7.5" so I thought it might be easier but it was just as hard as the 8mm x 5.5" bend I did before it. Maybe fatigue played a part as well for that was the end of my completed bends. I thought I might be able to pull off the 7mm x 6" square that I have failed on several times before (with good kink/sweep)...it felt like a rock today. Finished off with some ISOs on the 6" bolt I've been using. Right hand only gave me a little pain during the day and I noticed the right elbow aching a little also. Neither was as bad as last time though so that's comforting. Tomorrow I order my FBBC bending stock. :D

nice training!

just curious to know why dont u do all the choker work before other type of movement?

u did the #3 from 22 mm then u did some other type of gripper work ,then u did choker again and failed .. its much harder this way , are u doing it to increase the difficulty?

i am doing singles also but with only one minute rest .

u can do 20 sets that last only 30 mn. its great!

best of luck!

150 TNS of a gripper is MUCH :bow Will you be doing this volume on a regular basis or was it just for fun?

It wasn't all that difficult since it was only a #1 :blush , but the knurling chewed on my fingers a bit. I don't think I'll be adding it as a regular workout but I may try high-rep variations in the future. I kind of wish I had a #1.5 to try. It was more for fun and trying to come up with some sort of workout to do while traveling. I have one of those geek watches with a calculator/phone # memory so I just entered "gripper" for the name and updated the # each time I did a few reps. Most of the time I would do a rep on one hand then switched to the other hand until I did 5 on each...then rested for a bit.

nice training!

just curious to know why dont u do all the choker work before other type of movement?

u did the #3 from 22 mm then u did some other type of gripper work ,then u did choker again and failed .. its much harder this way , are u doing it to increase the difficulty?

i am doing singles also but with only one minute rest .

u can do 20 sets that last only 30 mn. its great!

best of luck!

I guess I never really thought about doing all the #3 work in the beginning. I like to do a few warm-up closes with easier grippers and then go for the #2.5 TNS attempts (since that seems to be my next attainable goal). The #2.5 TNS seems like I could get it really soon but the #3 MMS still seems far away. I'm probably a bit worn out by the time I get to the #3. I want to become a MM0 just as you do but I think my bending addiction has put the brakes on my gripper progress. I'm going to put my adjustable choker back on my #3 and try to close it from a wider spread (maybe 30mm). Good luck to you as well!

Thanks guys! :D

Actually with all your bending i dont think TNS your #2.5 would be a prob for u.

Choker work may be suitable in the beggining of the workout. If u can do at least 5 singles with 22 mm using one choker are great news.