Gumpster's Gripping

gumpster

Perry, it takes a lot of courage and heart to keep going even when u are sick.

I will start with grippers tomorrow, hope both of us close the #3 soon.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gumpster

• ewokhugo

• Griparn

• easyWeight

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Hugo! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't posted anything in a bit due to the fact that some major storms hammered the country I now live in. Lots of flooding and lives/belongings ruined in my area. I live in a second floor apartment and even I didn't escape the water. There is a terrace around two sides of my apartment and all 3 drains got plugged with debris thrown onto the terrace by the strong winds. The terrace filled up and my back door was the low spot so the water slipped in under the door. It was late at night and I didn't notice it until it had run all the way across to the front door. No real damage to anything of mine, just a pain in the butt mopping up all the water. Power was out for 48 hours and "no power = no water" which made things all the more unpleasant. Things are slowly returning to normal so I'll be back at my grip training.

I have done some bending and a few gripper closes during the past couple weeks but nothing worth noting so I'll just leave it at that and start fresh with my next regular workout.

Thanks Hugo! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't posted anything in a bit due to the fact that some major storms hammered the country I now live in. Lots of flooding and lives/belongings ruined in my area. I live in a second floor apartment and even I didn't escape the water. There is a terrace around two sides of my apartment and all 3 drains got plugged with debris thrown onto the terrace by the strong winds. The terrace filled up and my back door was the low spot so the water slipped in under the door. It was late at night and I didn't notice it until it had run all the way across to the front door. No real damage to anything of mine, just a pain in the butt mopping up all the water. Power was out for 48 hours and "no power = no water" which made things all the more unpleasant. Things are slowly returning to normal so I'll be back at my grip training.

I have done some bending and a few gripper closes during the past couple weeks but nothing worth noting so I'll just leave it at that and start fresh with my next regular workout.

Are you not in the Philippines anymore Perry? It's good to hear you made it through mostly unscathed though! Stay strong man!

Perry,

Best wishes to your "country";hope it recover soon from so much damage.

I know u are hungry ... hope u eat one red soon /bastard for breakfast:-)

Edited by ewokhugo

Are you not in the Philippines anymore Perry? It's good to hear you made it through mostly unscathed though! Stay strong man!

Thanks Darin & Hugo. I'm still here in the Philippines. I'm moving up into the mountains in around 5 or 6 months so the flooding won't be an issue again. It was kind of a once in a lifetime thing that just happened - 2 big tropical cyclones back to back. Not likely to see that again unless I live to be 100.

I even lost a couple pounds and weighed like 158 during the worst of it. Been feeling a little weak but I'll get back to my normal strapping 160 soon. :tongue

14Oct09

Stacker Lift - R&L 20# 5sec, 30# fail, 27.5# R fail L 3sec

(inches between hand and head of hammer)

8# Sledge Front - R&L DL - 22", 20", 20"

8# Sledge Rear - R&L hold - 28" 5sec, 28" 5sec, 28" 5sec

8# Sledge Side - R&L rotation to both sides - 14"x1, 12"x1, 12"x1

8# Sledge Overhead - R&L - 28"x1, 28"x1, 28"x1

2 7/8" DB Lift Thumbless - R&L 80# 10sec

80# 10sec

80# R fail L 10sec

70# 10sec

70# 10sec

Plate Curls - R&L - 20#+pin x3

Plate Wrist Curl - R&L 20# x5

2 7/8" DB Wrist Curl - R&L 40# x3, 40# x5

2 7/8" DB Reverse Wrist Curl - R&L 12.5# x3, 12.5# x3

Bending

DO - 8mm x 6.5" CRS (from Hugo) - wobbled to 19deg

DU - 60d in IM wraps

Rev - ISOs on 1/4" x 6" Grade 8 (@26deg) - no movement

DO - 8.7mm x 6.5" HRS - killed it but it took about 5 min

Rev - 60d in IM wraps

DO - ISOs on Red (@5-1/4") - no movement

Grippers - #1 R&L - TNS x3

#2 R&L - TNS

#2.5 R&L - TNS 4mm

#2.5 R&L - MMS

#3 - MMS R 4mm L 1cm

#2.5 - MMS R good L 2mm

#2.5 R&L - MMS

#2 - parallel reps R6 L3

Got back at it today. Not feeling particularly strong. I was looking over the bars Hugo sent me and picked the one I thought I might have a chance at (8mm x 6.5"). I think I bent a 7" piece of this same stuff before (felt close to the reds I've tried). Got a little wobble on it but just couldn't get the kink going. I did kill a 6.5" piece of the same HRS I used for my Steel Slayer 7" bend. Kink was easy but the crush was really hard and took me a few minutes to get it under 2". Still hammering the Grade 8 bolt in reverse but it just springs back. I'll get it eventually.

• 6 months later...

Sorry for my lack of updates -

I have been really busy since my last log entry and have a couple more months to go before things settle down (having a house built in another city...lots of travel and shopping - not the fun type). Just wanted to post a quick entry to let anyone who was following my log know I'm still at it. I've been getting in some grip workouts whenever I can and even kept all the little notes of my workouts...just haven't had time to sit down and log them all in here.

Anyway, today I finally reached one of my long term goals - MMS close of the #3. I've been playing with grippers since Jan of 2007 so that makes it 3 years 4 months to reach this goal. The #2 took me 6 months, the #2.5 about 11 months for reference. I was amazed I got it and was able to close it a few minutes later on a second attempt. Didn't have my camera handy unfortunately. Hopefully I can get it on video during one of the next few workouts. Only got it right-handed so the left is my next goal. IM cert is way down the road so I'm not even thinking about that yet.

Congratulations!

Good job on your 3 close !