Gumpster's Gripping

gumpster

16Apr08

Stacker Lift - L/R 20/22.5/25# holds for 5 seconds

Grippers - L/R #1 5reps

L/R #2 TNS & hold for 5 seconds 1rep, MMS and hold for 10sec 1rep

L/R #2.5 MMS & hold for 5 sec 1rep/3sets

L/R #3 in choker at 22mm spread - got it closed again finally and strangely my left felt stronger

8# Sledge - L/R front holds choked up 12/10/8" for 5 seconds

8# Sledge - L/R rear holds choked up 8/6/4" for 5 seconds

8# Sledge - L/R side lever choked up 20/18" both directions 1rep, tried holds at 16" but could only get 3sec

8# Sledge - L/R overhead lever 1rep/1set

Plate Wrist Curls - L/R 20# plate 5reps 1set, 2reps 1set

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Reverse Wrist Curls - L/R 15# 3reps/3sets

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Wrist Curls - L/R 30# 3reps/1set, 35# 2reps 1set

Bending - 5mm x 5" DO, 6mm x 5" Reverse, 6mm x 5.5" DU, 60d DO, 7mm x 7" Reverse, 7mm x 7" DO, 7mm x 5.875" DO

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gumpster

• ewokhugo

• Griparn

• easyWeight

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice training! :) I saw your last training session, 60lb on the 3 inch pinch block is very good I think! :bow

I guess you have good knowledge in endurance sport, maybe you can give me some advice as Im now going to start to add a little running in my training. Just out of curiousity, what is your best 5k and 10k run? :)

Nice training! :) I saw your last training session, 60lb on the 3 inch pinch block is very good I think! :bow

I guess you have good knowledge in endurance sport, maybe you can give me some advice as Im now going to start to add a little running in my training. Just out of curiousity, what is your best 5k and 10k run? :)

Thanks Griparn, I got 60# up on the 3" pinch block but I can't hold it there for 5 seconds like I can with 50 or 55#. I will in time I'm sure.

If you've never done any distance running you'll want to start slow and don't do it everyday (much like grip training). You might even want to start by just walking the distance you plan to run. You'll have to set yourself a goal that you can reach and focus on that. It takes a few months for the body to adjust and gain aerobic conditioning and years to reach your peak. I used to run Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday (often a local race was on Saturday so that was my workout). Some people can run everyday but I felt like doing that just beat me up and didn't feel like I was making any progress. I think this is due to the high impact nature of running. Riding a bicycle is low impact so I could do that much more often and for longer periods. If you've never done any running you might want to shoot for a 30 minute 5K. Most people can't walk a 5K in 30 minutes so you would have to be running even though it might seem fairly slow. If that seems too easy then go for 25 minutes. Under 20 minutes is getting in the fairly competitive area and you would most likely beat all the women in a small 5K race (I used to have that as a goal when I entered smaller races...don't let any women beat me :D ). If you have access to a track you can get a good idea of where you're at by running a set distance. You could try just running a mile without stopping. I used to run on the roads most of the time but it's fun to change things up and head off on some grass or dirt trails to soften the pounding. If you have hills where you live use them. Push hard up the hill and ease off coming back down - your quads will still get hammered running slowly downhill. You have to get creative to keep it from getting boring. You can try running a fartlek style workout also - varying the pace, like alternating speed (fast/slow/fast/slow) between cross streets, telephone poles, or just for a number of seconds or meters. If you can handle a 5K then you may want to go for a 10K, 1/2 marathon and maybe even a marathon. For me, just completing a marathon without walking was like climbing Mt. Everest...it was a huge mental & physical challenge but I'm so glad I did it. Sorry for the rambling - good luck with your running!

My best for 5K is 17:16, and 10K is 36:06. My best sport was actually racewalking (could crank out several miles under 9:00/mile pace) but I competed in running (mile through marathon distances) and bicycling (road & mountain).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

20Apr08 (all weights are plates only - apparatus/clip/loading pin not included)

FBBC Chunk - R/L 20/25# hold 5 sec, 30# 2sec

IM Hub - R/L 30/40/45# hold 5 sec, 50# got up for 1sec L only

3" Pinch Block - R/L 40/50/55# hold 5 sec, 60# got off the ground a couple inches

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt - R/L 75/75/75# hold for 10 sec

Grippers - R/L #1 - 5 full reps, #2 - TNS hold for 5sec 1rep/2sets, #2.5 MMS w/5 sec hold 1rep/3sets, #3 in choker @22mm spread 1rep

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Reverse Wrist Curls - R/L 15# 3reps, 16.25# 3reps, 12.5# 3reps

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Wrist Curls - R/L 30# 3reps, 35# 3reps, 30# 5reps

Plate Curls - 20# L 3, R 2

Brought my camera with me and got a clip of the pinch block with 60# and the hub with 50# (

). Hub felt pretty good today. When I can hold the 50# for 5sec I'll consider that goal achieved but I'll still keep working at it to get both hands stronger. I have some soreness on the top of my left forearm since my last workout and the only thing I can think of that could have caused it is the side sledge levering. I tried to do more than my usual and couldn't hold it but a few seconds. I'll go back to choking up 18" and do more reps before I try 16" again. Usually, most soreness is gone by the time I workout again and this might be around for a week or more. I didn't feel it too much today but it hurt a bit when using the pinch block.

[if you've never done any distance running you'll want to start slow and don't do it everyday (much like grip training). You might even want to start by just walking the distance you plan to run. You'll have to set yourself a goal that you can reach and focus on that. It takes a few months for the body to adjust and gain aerobic conditioning and years to reach your peak. I used to run Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday (often a local race was on Saturday so that was my workout). Some people can run everyday but I felt like doing that just beat me up and didn't feel like I was making any progress. I think this is due to the high impact nature of running. Riding a bicycle is low impact so I could do that much more often and for longer periods. If you've never done any running you might want to shoot for a 30 minute 5K. Most people can't walk a 5K in 30 minutes so you would have to be running even though it might seem fairly slow. If that seems too easy then go for 25 minutes. Under 20 minutes is getting in the fairly competitive area and you would most likely beat all the women in a small 5K race (I used to have that as a goal when I entered smaller races...don't let any women beat me :D ). If you have access to a track you can get a good idea of where you're at by running a set distance. You could try just running a mile without stopping. I used to run on the roads most of the time but it's fun to change things up and head off on some grass or dirt trails to soften the pounding. If you have hills where you live use them. Push hard up the hill and ease off coming back down - your quads will still get hammered running slowly downhill. You have to get creative to keep it from getting boring. You can try running a fartlek style workout also - varying the pace, like alternating speed (fast/slow/fast/slow) between cross streets, telephone poles, or just for a number of seconds or meters. If you can handle a 5K then you may want to go for a 10K, 1/2 marathon and maybe even a marathon. For me, just completing a marathon without walking was like climbing Mt. Everest...it was a huge mental & physical challenge but I'm so glad I did it. Sorry for the rambling - good luck with your running!

My best for 5K is 17:16, and 10K is 36:06. My best sport was actually racewalking (could crank out several miles under 9:00/mile pace) but I competed in running (mile through marathon distances) and bicycling (road & mountain).

I didn't know you were a runner...those are some good times. My 5K PR is 22:22 and I'm a long way from that now. I'm training for a 1/2 marathon now.

Thank you very much for your long reply! :) I dont know yet which 5k time to shoot for, but I know I will start out very slowly and see were I stand and then gradually increase the tempo. Im focusing on gripping and building strength so endurance will come in second priority. But it's always good to gain some aerobic endurance. I'll start posting the progress in my log if you're intrested. I'll also be using a pulse clock, because I think it's a very good tool to measure progress.

I think you've had good progress on the IM hub and pinching, hope it continues!

And that's some serious PR's in running! :bow Must have been a nice feeling to be at such endurance level.

23Apr08

Stacker Lift - L/R 20/23.75/25# holds for 5 seconds, tried 27.5# and got it up for a couple sec with my left only (mini-PR)

Grippers - L/R #1 5reps 1set, 10reps 1set

L/R #2 TNS & hold 5 seconds

L/R #2.5 MMS & hold for 5 sec 1rep/2sets, TNS attempts L 1/4" R 2mm (almost had it right...mini-PR)

L/R #3 in choker at 22mm spread 1rep, MMS attempts 1/4" both

8# Sledge Front - L/R holds choked up 12/10/8" for 5 seconds

8# Sledge Rear - L/R holds choked up 8/6/4" for 5 seconds

8# Sledge Side - L/R choked up 20/18" both directions 1rep, 18" 2reps

Plate Wrist Curls - L/R 20# plate 3reps

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Reverse Wrist Curls - L/R 12.5# 3reps, 15# 3reps

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Wrist Curls - L/R 30# 3reps, 32.5# 3reps

DO Bending - 5mm x 5" DO, 6mm x 7", 60d, 7mm x 5.5" (PR - shorter time), finished failed 7mm x 7" DU piece

DU Bending - 5mm x 5", 6mm x 4.625" (PR), attempted 7mm x 7" - got mini kink of about 3mm

Reverse Bending - 5mm x 5", 7mm x 6.5" (PR), 60d

Still had some soreness in my left forearm from last week but went at it anyway. Had a surprise when I almost got the #2.5 TNS with my right - I think that'll get mashed within the next month. Made me wonder what I'd have done to the #3 if I was fresh and went for the MMS. I cut back a bit on the wrist curls but went overboard on the bending. Even with the soreness I was enjoying it and managed to get a PR in each style. I had done 7mm x 5.5" DO before but it took me a lot longer so I consider this a PR. Reverse is brutal but at least you can switch hands to alternate the stress. Did a 60d reverse for the first time as a cool-down bend. DU is my weak area...the 7mm stuff keeps laughing at me but at least I moved it. I have enough stock left for another month or so and I want to kill 7mm x 5" DO before I buy anything new (maybe 8mm or square). My forearms/wrists are beat up right now and in a strange way I like it. :D

Very impressive with TNS attempt on your #2.5! :bow You'll get it next workout!

Btw - of all your goals for 2008, which one do you think will be the most difficult to do?

Btw - of all your goals for 2008, which one do you think will be the most difficult to do?

Honestly, I think the one-hand pinch goals will be the toughest 75# on the 3" pinch block & 40# on the chunk @ 50# Blob width). I may not even reach those by year's end but I'll try. If I had to guess I'd say the Chunk with 40# is the toughest of them all - if I can pull that off I know I'll own my Blob50 when I get my hands on it. I just added the rear sledge lever since I know that's not too far off.

Thanks Ben! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

27Apr08 (all weights are plates only - apparatus/clip/loading pin not included)

FBBC Chunk - R&L 20/30# hold 5 sec, 35# L 2sec R 4sec (PR)

IM Hub - R&L 30/40/45# hold 5 sec, 50# broke ground with both hands

3" Pinch Block - R&L 40/50# hold 5 sec, 60# R 5sec (PR) L 1sec

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt - R&L 75/75/75# hold for 10 sec

Grippers - R&L #1 TNS 5 full reps 2sets, #2 TNS hold for 5sec 1rep 2sets, #2.5 MMS coin hold 5sec (

), #2.5 MMS w/8 sec hold, #3 in choker @22mm spread hold 5sec

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Reverse Wrist Curls - R&L 12.5# 3reps, 13.75# 3reps, 15# 3reps

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Wrist Curls - R&L 30# 3reps, 32.5# 3reps, 35# 3reps

Plate Curls - R&L 20# 3reps

I was considering not working out today since I was feeling sick (sore throat and aches) but decided to give it a try. I actually felt better once I got going and felt a lot better afterwards. Got a bit of a PR on the Chunk with lifts of 35# though not to the full 5 seconds which I'm aiming for. 20# felt super easy and I think I might have had the 35# if I didn't do any warm-ups. My right hand felt strong on the 3" pinch block w60# and I got a good lift on it...I think that's my best so far. After seeing the coin hold thread going on the main forum I wanted to give it a shot. Harder than I thought it would be but still managed 5 sec on the #2.5.

30Apr08

Stacker Lift - L&R 20/22.5# holds for 5sec, tried 25# and only got it left (weak on this today)

Grippers - L&R #1 (30-40 reps earlier in the day while my wife shopped)

L&R #2 TNS & hold 5 seconds

L&R #2.5 TNS attempts L 4mm R 1mm (oh so close right - best ever...mini-PR), MMS & hold for 5sec, then again for 10sec

L&R #3 MMS attempts 1/4" both, choker at 22mm spread 1rep

8# Sledge Front - L&R holds choked up 10/10/10" for 5sec

8# Sledge Rear - L&R holds choked up 8/8/6" for 5sec

8# Sledge Side - L&R choked up 18/18/20" both directions 1rep

8# Sledge Overhead - L&R 1rep

Plate Wrist Curls - L&R 20# plate 3reps/2sets

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Reverse Wrist Curls - L&R 15# 3reps/2sets

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Wrist Curls - L&R 30# 3reps, 32.5# 3reps

DO Bending - 60d, 7mm x 5" failed - got to 75deg (PR attempt), 7mm x 7" (got it in about 15sec)

DU Bending - 6mm x 4.5" (PR), attempted a 60d - failed - got to 15deg

Reverse Bending - 7mm x 6" (PR), 7mm x 7"

Heslep-style Bending - 5mm x 5" (1st time ever - just for fun)

The soreness in my left forearm seems to have come back a bit. More a nuisance than anything and it bothered me on hard gripper work also. Might have to take a week off (with that hand & bending) and let it heal. I was so close to getting the #2.5 closed TNS with my right hand - I got it to 1mm and it just stuck there. I will have it in less than a month. Bending went pretty well. I decided to cut out some of the easy warm-up bends and jump right into PR territory. 7mm x 5" DO started really well and I easily kinked it but couldn't seem to get it down enough to where I could begin the crush (exactly the same problem as the cut 60d nails I tried some weeks back...fingers get in the way on the shorter stuff). Will try again next time. I took down a slightly shorter (-1/8") 6mm piece DU and figured I'd give a 60d a shot...not going to happen. My wrists just hate that but I'll keep at it until I get it. Reverse was a bit of surprise since the 6.5" piece I did last week was a tough bend. The 6" went down and I did a 7" just to beat myself up some more.

I'm pretty happy with my progress overall. I've been bending now for a couple months and I've still been able to make progress on the everything else. Just have to get rid of this nagging left forearm soreness.

Nice to see your overall gripstrength is increasing even though you seem to train much bending!

Next time you'll close that gripper TNS Im sure. Just chalk up and go crazy! :D

Btw - what kind of grippers do you have to work with? I guess you soon will be training for #3 gripper MMS/CCS. How will you train for that? Just working with the choker and increase distance or maybe you have a harder gripper to do negatives with?

Btw - what kind of grippers do you have to work with? I guess you soon will be training for #3 gripper MMS/CCS. How will you train for that? Just working with the choker and increase distance or maybe you have a harder gripper to do negatives with?

I only have 4 grippers - CoC 1, 2, 2.5, & 3. Yes, once I get the #2.5 TNS done (both hands) I'll be focusing on the #3 MMS. I'm working with the #3 now but more as a test to see where I'm at. I've been making gains with my routine so far, so I don't think I'll change it too much. I may do longer holds on the #2.5. I believe the holds for time have given me most of the strength gains. I've never done any negatives or much rep work (except the #1 for warm-ups). I plan to do a bit more choker work on the #3 though (I like being able to work that final part without worrying about the set). I won't have a gripper harder than the #3 until probably the end of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

11May08 (all weights are plates only - apparatus/clip/loading pin not included)

FBBC Chunk - R&L 25/30# hold 5 sec

IM Hub - R&L 35/40/45# hold 5 sec

3" Pinch Block - R&L 45/50/55# hold 5 sec

Grippers - R&L #1 TNS 5 full reps, #2 TNS 1rep, #2.5 MMS hold 10sec, #2.5 MMS hold 5sec, #2.5 TNS attempt R 2mm L 5mm, #3 in choker @22mm spread hold 5sec, #3 MMS attempt 1/4" away both hands

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Reverse Wrist Curls - R&L 15# 3reps, 15# 3reps, 10# 5reps

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Wrist Curls - R&L 30# 3reps, 35# 3reps, 30# 3reps

Just coming back from 10 days off. Was hoping I'd feel some magical increase in strength after the rest but just felt OK. The goal was to let my left forearm heal up and I didn't feel any pain so I guess that is a goal achieved. I'll see how the wrist work goes on Wednesday.

Nice Gumpster on the gripper's I am doing lot's of choker work right now and it is working great for me ! :D

It's good the pain is gone! Gains comes unpredictable, sometimes I've had gains coming when I didnt expect it at all.

I dont know if it's just me, but I feel sore in the biceps after I've tried bendning. Im using the overhand method. Have you heard or experienced any of this?

I have had soreness in my biceps from bending, though usually it happens in conjuction with some other activity...most notably snow shoveling this past winter.

big nasty - Let's hope choker work helps us both. ;)

Griparn - Yeah, getting rid of nagging pain is good. I don't know much about bending injuries since I haven't had any so far. All I can say is give it some rest and your body should fix whatever is injured.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

14May08

Stacker Lift - L&R 20/25# holds for 5sec

(did a around 15 #2 MMS closes with 10sec holds yesterday...that probably ruined my gripper workout today)

Grippers - L&R #1 TNS 5reps

L&R #2 TNS & hold 5 seconds

L&R #2.5 MMS & hold for 5sec 2reps

8# Sledge Front - L&R holds choked up 10/10/12" for 5sec

8# Sledge Rear - L&R holds choked up 8/8/8" for 5sec

8# Sledge Side - L&R choked up 20" both directions 1rep, choked up 16" holds 5sec each side 1rep (meant to do 20", mistakenly looked at the handle marks at the top of my hand instead of the bottom...really tough on the wrists)

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Reverse Wrist Curls - L&R 10# 3reps/2sets

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Wrist Curls - L&R 30# 3reps/2sets

DO Bending - 60d, 7mm x 7" square - failed - mini-kinked to 2deg, 1/4" x 6" stainless - failed - got it to 20deg

DU Bending - 6mm x 6", attempted 60d from previous failure (@15deg) - failed again but moved it to 20deg

Reverse Bending - 60d, 7mm x 6.5"

Strange day today was. Hands were a bit beat up from doing #2 gripper holds yesterday (not scheduled but I can't stand waiting for the wife while she shops without doing some gripper work). Didn't feel it was worth the effort to try any #2.5 TNS attempts or anything with the #3. Screwed up on the side sledge work and knew something was way wrong when my arm nearly ripped in half. Must pay better attention when doing those or I'll end up injured again - got lucky today and escaped. Bending was a bit discouraging since I went after some new stock I bought and failed miserably. I have been getting close to killing the 7mm round at 5" so I thought I might have a chance at 7" square. Not going to happen - barely moved it. The hardware store had a 3' piece of 1/4" stainless round so I grabbed that thinking it might be fun to try. I cut myself a 6" piece thinking it might be something I could handle...I was humbled again. This was my first piece of stainless ever and I now deem stainless to be pure evil. (Gazza is even more incredible to me now.) I got it to 20deg but I was spent from the square attempt. I hit the 60d that kicked my ass last time DU and moved it a few degrees - still a long way to go to get this DU.

Edited by gumpster

20May08 (all weights are plates only - apparatus/clip/loading pin not included)

FBBC Chunk - R&L 20/25# hold 5 sec, 30# for about 3sec

IM Hub - R&L 30/40/45# hold 5 sec, 50# broke ground

3" Pinch Block - R&L 50# hold 5 sec, 55# R 5sec L 1sec - 2 sets

Grippers - R&L #1 TNS 5 full reps, #2 TNS hold 5sec, #2.5 MMS hold 5sec, #2.5 TNS attempt 3mm both hands, #3 in choker @22mm spread hold 5sec - 5 sets

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Reverse Wrist Curls - R&L 15# 3reps, 15# 3reps

3" PVC Pipe w/eye bolt Wrist Curls - R&L 30# 3reps, 35# 3reps

Bending DO - 6.5mm x 7.25" square

Had a typhoon come tearing through here and couldn't get my normal Sunday workout in. I would normally be bending tomorrow but decided to give a piece a shot today since the routine is all messed up. I failed on the 7mm square last week so I went back and got some 6.5mm square (it's hard to tell the difference just looking at it). I had to hit it quite a few times before I got it to move but once the kink had started I got it down pretty quick. Definitely harder than the 7mm round I've been using for a couple months. I hammered my hands on the #3 in a choker also...my palms are aching right now. Not sure if I want to try getting back on my routine or just letting things be flexible.

You were right about letting the body fix whatever was injured, because today I feel no pain from the same intensity of bending.

The routine you are doing Im sure puts every pressure possible on the muscles tendons in the hand. It must be great routine for overall gripstrength, but maybe also hard for the hands. Have you tried to divide the training into several days? Like monday crush, wednesday wrists etc.

You were right about letting the body fix whatever was injured, because today I feel no pain from the same intensity of bending.

The routine you are doing Im sure puts every pressure possible on the muscles tendons in the hand. It must be great routine for overall gripstrength, but maybe also hard for the hands. Have you tried to divide the training into several days? Like monday crush, wednesday wrists etc.

I would suggest the same thing.

Usually I do pinch, thickbar (Inch) forearms and wrists on different days, often spread over two weeks or so. If I ever start bending, I think I would need two weeks to recover (like I do for the Inch and DO DL). I can rest two weeks on most all lifts and improve, 10 days between is pretty good. Forearms, wrists and pinch can handle more at times, especially pinch. I don't train crush yet, just test myself once in a while.

Glad to hear you're feeling less pain Griparn. Rest is a wonderful thing.

I know my routine has been hitting my forearms/hands in most areas and often think I might be spreading myself too thin. I'm still fairly new to most of it so I figure I have a lot to gain and it may take some time to build the base of strength. I have been making gains over the months so I look at it like "if it's not broken, don't fix it". Maybe drastic changes would shock my body into some gains I might not see until much later otherwise. I'm not sure how I would break it down but possibly doing grippers only on one day, then wrist work, then pinch work, and finally bending on yet another day. I guess I could space things out over around 2 weeks and try repeating the cycle similar to what Odin mentioned. Hmmm....food for thought.

I sometimes feel I don't get my best performance on certain things since I cram many exercises into one workout. If I can force myself to just sit and rest between attempts (without doing a different exercise to kill the time) I may see better lifts, stronger gripper closes, easier bends, etc.

Thanks for the comments guys - you got me thinking. ;)

23May08

DO Bending - 60d, 6.5mm x 7" square, 7mm x 7" square (barely kinked piece from last week), 1/4" x 7" stainless - failed - got it to 65deg

DU Bending - attempted 60d from previous failures (@20deg) - failed again but moved it a couple deg, 6mm x 6"

Reverse Bending - 7mm x 5.5" - failed - got it to 35deg after several min, 6.5mm x 7" square (PR)

Decided to try changing my routine and do some more focused workouts. Seemed to have more energy for the bending but got stumped on DU again. I alternated bending styles and gave myself a few minutes to rest between bends.

DO - the 6.5mm square went down like a coat hanger and I probably finished it in under 20sec. Really surprising but I guess my form was right on compared to what happened last workout with that square piece. The 7mm square I barely kinked last week took a few hits before it moved and it was tough getting it to the crush down phase but I got it finished in a few minutes (probably the most effort I've ever exerted on a bend...it bent almost right on the flat). This was a big confidence boost since I thought it was still a bit out of reach after getting almost nowhere last time. I would have called it a PR but it was pre-kinked a couple mm. I tried a piece of 1/4" x 7" stainless round at the end of my workout and got it to 65deg but it wasn't going any further. Maybe if I was fresh I might have had it but that stainless stuff is a whole different animal and feels really springy.

DU - I keep going after the same 60d that has frustrated me for several workouts. I moved it a couple degrees but just didn't feel strong on it. My wrists hurt more in this style than the others but after resting a few minutes the pain fades away. Had to kill a 6mm piece later just to feel better.

Reverse - Decided to try something shorter since my previous best was 7mm x 6" round. Tried for several minutes but only got the 5.5" piece to 35deg. Went after some 6.5mm square at 7" and it was tough but I got it in under 30sec. I'll take that as a PR (for square stock).

28May08

Grippers - #1 - only a couple closes with my left since I did a bunch with my right while making a setting tutorial video

#2 - TNS hold 5sec, MMS hold 10sec , MMS hold 10sec

#2.5 - TNS attempt 4mm away, MMS hold 5sec, MMS hold 10sec

#3 - MMS attempts - R 4mm L 1cm (2 attempts each), choker @22mm, choker @22mm hold for 5sec

Didn't feel strong on grippers today but did a lot more than I used to do when I was doing many exercises. Hands are pretty sore and palm skin is chewed up a bit. Made a video on gripper technique (setting mostly) before working out. If anyone is interested you can check it out from the links below.

Great posting such describing videos! :) Anyone that's new to gripper training could learn a lot about technique there.

How does the change in routine feel by the way? Your bending seems to be going strong. Im not familiar with all kind of bending stuff and how they measure in strength. Are the steel you are bending rated between a blue nail and red nail?