Denis Cyplenkov

Matt Brouse

Well he would be about 100 pounds or more heavier than john brzenk at that weight. However when john brzenk is at heavier weights it begins to seem irrelevant how much his opponents weigh.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darthsith19

• Magnus

• Pancake Sprawl

• dima700

Well he would be about 100 pounds or more heavier than john brzenk at that weight. However when john brzenk is at heavier weights it begins to seem irrelevant how much his opponents weigh.

Yeah, but has he ever gone against somebody of Cyplenkov's caliber? I say Cyplenkov takes John left handed for sure even if John gets up to 230.

Cyplenkov also seems strong for his size, if that could be said. Semerenko's arms looked gargantuan too - at least as big as Cyplenkov's in that vid unless that was a bit of an optical illusion from the camera angle. But yeah, as Kyle said, if Semerenko had pulled beforehand who knows, but Cyplenkov just looked so dominant.

Cyplenkov vs. Lupkes now would be interesting.

Yep, or Cyplenkov vs. The Michael-Todd-version of Voevoda instead of the fitness model one

Yeah, but has he ever gone against somebody of Cyplenkov's caliber? I say Cyplenkov takes John left handed for sure even if John gets up to 230.

Left handed yes, right handed I think Brzenk at a heavier weight would win

How did you know?

Through cyber-stalking. ;) I just noticed that you believe that Cyplenkov can win against anyone and that you get pounded on because of that at the Northeast Armwrestling and here.

How did you know?

Through cyber-stalking. ;) I just noticed that you believe that Cyplenkov can win against anyone and that you get pounded on because of that at the Northeast Armwrestling and here.

Yeah despite what they say over there, smashing an armwrestling legend (Pushkar) and beating several other top pullers with ease is a huge feat in my mind. It seems like there are a few different types of people over there on NE message board. There are the Americans who side with Bagent/Binnie over Cyplenkov just because they are supporting their country, or because they're stubborn. Then there are those less stubborn Americans who openly admit that Cyplenkov could beat almost everybody. Then there are people who are just in awe of him. I'm more of the last one. :happy

Edited by Josh H

Can someone help me register at the northeast armwrestling board? Every time I try it says only staff members can create accounts.

How did you know?

Yeah despite what they say over there, smashing an armwrestling legend (Pushkar) and beating several other top pullers with ease is a huge feat in my mind. It seems like there are a few different types of people over there on NE message board. There are the Americans who side with Bagent/Binnie over Cyplenkov just because they are supporting their country, or because they're stubborn. Then there are those less stubborn Americans who openly admit that Cyplenkov could beat almost everybody. Then there are people who are just in awe of him. I'm more of the last one. :happy

I'm becoming like the last one as well :blink

There are the Americans who side with Bagent/Binnie over Cyplenkov just because they are supporting their country

Doesn't that just piss you off? Patriotism in front of objectivism?

How did you know?

Pushkar is not an armwrestling legend. And I think he is also not left hand dominant. Last I heard Pushkar was a young guy like under 23-25.

Sure the people he beat were good. He beat semerenko in some unofficial matches after semerenko pulled a vendetta or something of that nature.

He beat a probably 220 voevoda who didn't even pull him much right handed in some training sessions.....and he beat artem who he probably had 100 pounds on.

I am not saying he isn't good I am saying he isn't proven yet. Let's see him get into some real matches right handed before you or anyone else crowns him.

Can someone help me register at the northeast armwrestling board? Every time I try it says only staff members can create accounts.

That happened to me, too. See this page:

http://teammaine.proboards107.com/index.cg...6805&page=1

That should help. :)

There are the Americans who side with Bagent/Binnie over Cyplenkov just because they are supporting their country

Very much, especially when they get upset with me then, and they say I probably don't know what I'm talking about because I'm a new armwrestler.

Pushkar is not an armwrestling legend. And I think he is also not left hand dominant. Last I heard Pushkar was a young guy like under 23-25.

Sure the people he beat were good. He beat semerenko in some unofficial matches after semerenko pulled a vendetta or something of that nature.

He beat a probably 220 voevoda who didn't even pull him much right handed in some training sessions.....and he beat artem who he probably had 100 pounds on.

I am not saying he isn't good I am saying he isn't proven yet. Let's see him get into some real matches right handed before you or anyone else crowns him.

What? Yes he is. On worldofarmwrestling.com he is ranked #2 overall puller in the world and #2 left handed. Yes he is only like 23 or so but since when was there an age limit for being a legend? I'm pretty sure John was a legend before age 23. Have you seen videos of him pulling John? John has great difficulty beating him. He was one of the very few who actually held Voevoda off for a while in 2004. He was beaten Bagent's right arm. He is great.

Yes Semerenko was tired but obviously had something left in him still since he agreed to pull Cyplenkov. He was have 100 lbs. on Artem but Artem is still really good, a mediocre 300 lbs puller might lose to him, especially with their weak hand, yet Cyplenkov toyed with him and with his non-dominate hand, too! Have you got any proof that Voevoda weighs 220 (meaning he lost 55 lbs) and that his AW strength has gone down a lot with his weight?

Yes, perhaps we shouldn't crown him just yet. But to deny that he has a chance against some of the top pullers is ridiculous.

Edited by Josh H

when was there an age limit for being a legend? I'm pretty sure John was a legend before age 23
john is a legend cause hes stayed at the top for over 20years, and never really had much competetion cause hes that good. hes #1 right now. pushkar is only #2, which imo is far from being a legend. lets wait till hes still AW and see how hes doing by the time hes in his 40's.

pushkar doesnt really have a chance against the top pullers imo. john put him down like a fly in the last vid i saw of him, john just toyed with him like he was holding candy in his hand. and pushkar does have quite abit of weight on him, i hear in one vid he weighed in at 120kg once, hes very big. .....

Have you seen videos of him pulling John? John has great difficulty beating him
maybe cause he weighs alot more, and he should be beating joh nanyway john is almost twice his age :p
Yes Semerenko was tired but obviously had something left in him still since he agreed to pull Cyplenkov
unless your a mardy cunt who cant take losing then why wouldnt anyone pull, even when there tired. i do it all time and i lsoe and i know why and it doesnt bother me.
He was have 100 lbs. on Artem but Artem is still really good,
artem is good yes, for a 100kg guy, or around that is what he weighs, 95 maybe. denis had a good 40kg on him and denis had been training for AW for a while, ofc he was gonna beat him. artem even saif after the pull it wasnt a joke, he knew it was coming
Have you got any proof that Voevoda weighs 220 (meaning he lost 55 lbs) and that his AW strength has gone down a lot with his weight?
in that training vid with denis he was about 110kg or sommit, 115kg? since voevoda isnt arm wrestling why would he train for it. hes already said that there isnt enough money for him in AW, but still hes very strong kid :p

If this denis beats everyone, which will prob happen, unless he loses40kg, i would like to see voevoda step up toim, i reckon a 120kg voevoda would pull denis's arm off, but im just dreaming abhout that really :p

and is it me or do the weight class's seem a bit Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ed up in AW?

Edited by raikkonen

@ Josh

i fully support your opinion here and on the northeastboard ! cause i have the same.

I don't know what they think on the other board but, they have to admit that Cyplenkov is stronger than anybody ! and a christian binnie would probably have NO chance, to NOT get smashed !

Josh,

Let me ask you a question. Do you think Denis is on Steroids. You say you are in awe of him. IMO he is absolutely on Steroids and I have a hard time being in awe of anyone who can't win without them. I am sure that Denis would still be very strong if NOT on Steroids but nothing like he is now. As far as Christian vs Denis, I agree that Christian is in trouble but Travis who is also probably on Steroids would be able to Top Roll him and beat him. Now you take a John Brzenk and put him on the same stuff that Denis is on and Denis would have NO chance, not even in a Hook.

More food for thought. Why is it that 8 people have tested positive for Steroids and all of them were Russian. Why is there always a NEW Russian that shows up stronger then ever but NEVER stays around more than a couple of years. I only know of one that has had any type of longevity and that is the 143 pound champion.

YES, Denis is super strong and may very well dominate the top guys, BUT I will never be in awe of that type of strength. I wonder why he does not compete for Russia in the EAC Championship. Possibly because its a Drug Tested Event.

John has dominate this sport for more than 20 years. Now that age and injury is catching up with him these younger steroid freaks are stepping up. And John still hangs right with them even weighing 209. I love this new age of young armwrestlers that have access to internet and only see todays happenings. And only have the chance to base there thoughts on the Steroid freaks that are coming out.

Edited by bob brown

Raikkonen,

The reason the weight classes in AW seem messed up is because of the huge Steroid Freaks that are now AW.

That happened to me, too. See this page:

http://teammaine.proboards107.com/index.cg...6805&page=1

That should help. :)

Very much, especially when they get upset with me then, and they say I probably don't know what I'm talking about because I'm a new armwrestler.

What? Yes he is. On worldofarmwrestling.com he is ranked #2 overall puller in the world and #2 left handed. Yes he is only like 23 or so but since when was there an age limit for being a legend? I'm pretty sure John was a legend before age 23. Have you seen videos of him pulling John? John has great difficulty beating him. He was one of the very few who actually held Voevoda off for a while in 2004. He was beaten Bagent's right arm. He is great.

Yes Semerenko was tired but obviously had something left in him still since he agreed to pull Cyplenkov. He was have 100 lbs. on Artem but Artem is still really good, a mediocre 300 lbs puller might lose to him, especially with their weak hand, yet Cyplenkov toyed with him and with his non-dominate hand, too! Have you got any proof that Voevoda weighs 220 (meaning he lost 55 lbs) and that his AW strength has gone down a lot with his weight?

Yes, perhaps we shouldn't crown him just yet. But to deny that he has a chance against some of the top pullers is ridiculous.

Who's denying that he's good? I am just putting all the matches people talk about into perspective.

If he can consistently beat the top guys and doesn't disappear (or shrink) after a few years then I'll give him all the props your trying to give him now.

Josh,

Let me ask you a question. Do you think Denis is on Steroids. You say you are in awe of him. IMO he is absolutely on Steroids and I have a hard time being in awe of anyone who can't win without them. I am sure that Denis would still be very strong if NOT on Steroids but nothing like he is now. As far as Christian vs Denis, I agree that Christian is in trouble but Travis who is also probably on Steroids would be able to Top Roll him and beat him. Now you take a John Brzenk and put him on the same stuff that Denis is on and Denis would have NO chance, not even in a Hook.

More food for thought. Why is it that 8 people have tested positive for Steroids and all of them were Russian. Why is there always a NEW Russian that shows up stronger then ever but NEVER stays around more than a couple of years. I only know of one that has had any type of longevity and that is the 143 pound champion.

YES, Denis is super strong and may very well dominate the top guys, BUT I will never be in awe of that type of strength. I wonder why he does not compete for Russia in the EAC Championship. Possibly because its a Drug Tested Event.

John has dominate this sport for more than 20 years. Now that age and injury is catching up with him these younger steroid freaks are stepping up. And John still hangs right with them even weighing 209. I love this new age of young armwrestlers that have access to internet and only see todays happenings. And only have the chance to base there thoughts on the Steroid freaks that are coming out.

So you're saying Brzenk has been the best for 20 years, facing genetic freaks and even genetic freaks on steroids, going up and down in pure muscle mass by as much as 30lbs in about a year's time, and he has not used steroids or HGH? How come everyone always points the steroid finger at everyone except for Brzenk? I'm not pionting the finger at him, but I'm just saying it's like everyone is so ready to accuse everyone except Brzenk and even the other US pullers. You don't know Cyplenkov is on anymore than I know Brzenk is on or any of the other US pullers who throw on tons of muscle in relatively short amounts of time. Maybe they're on, maybe they're not, but let's be fair in our judgements. You pointed out you wonder why Denis hasn't competed in a drug tested event. When was the last time Brzenk competed in a drug tested event? How much did he weigh? Was it the light one or the huge, ripped 230lb version? I mean I don't want to sound like I'm accusing him of being on, but how could you accuse everyone else of using and act like Brzenk shows no signs of use. I know you're a close friend of his and I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but I'm just trying to make a point.

Know what I mean?

Edited by QuietSet

Josh,

I think Bob's pretty much nailed it here. :cool

Without any disrespect it's completely obvious to me just from looking at Denis in videos and pictures that he's seemingly on a huge cocktail of chemicals, and even considering what you can see is a huge genetic "advantage" due to his natural build and huge hands/wrists, he's still extremely "enhanced" beyond normal levels. It really begs the question, with such a huge natural gift, why he "needs" steroids.

I'm not anything special in the arm wrestling department by any means, but I actually "feel" for the guys who aren't roided to the hilt being constantly compared to those who are essentially playing by an entirely different set of rules and doing whatever it takes to quickly get to the top level and gain notoriety, then for some reason vanishing almost as soon as they've arrived.

Even though based on his matches and training videos to date Denis appears to have very few genuine opponents who might be able to beat him, and may well be one of the nicest guys in the world, I'm just crossing my fingers hoping some natural out there takes him down. Whatever you think or say about performance enhancing drugs, unless everyone takes them the playing field will never be level, and those who achieve top level status without them will always stand taller, in my eyes at least. You can't always know who's on and who isn't, but you can use your better judgment and get close.

Edited by mithras