Denis Cyplenkov

Matt Brouse

I would say Pushkar is even top 5 right hand.

I know. Like Flexor Brachialis said, Pushkar is ranked #2 right-handed (on Engin's list). But he beat Pushkar with the left, not right. I'm guessing top 10 for Cyplenkov's right.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darthsith19

• Magnus

• Pancake Sprawl

• dima700

Pushkar is ranked 2nd right hand !

I'm not sure I understand these rankings. I am pretty sure the following can beat Pushkar-right handed:

• Cyplenkov
    Voevoda
    Larratt
    Randall
    and maybe Bagent

Why is Brzenk still number one? He lost to both Bath and Barboza at the Mohegan Sun Worlds and Lupkes and Bresnan at the Arnolds - and has not been near 100% since then. Barboza beat Brensan in CT and Bagent beat BOTH Bresnan and Barboza at the Harley Pull.

Pushkar is ranked 2nd right hand !

I'm not sure I understand these rankings. I am pretty sure the following can beat Pushkar-right handed:

• Cyplenkov
    Voevoda
    Larratt
    Randall
    and maybe Bagent

Why is Brzenk still number one? He lost to both Bath and Barboza at the Mohegan Sun Worlds and Lupkes and Bresnan at the Arnolds - and has not been near 100% since then. Barboza beat Brensan in CT and Bagent beat BOTH Bresnan and Barboza at the Harley Pull.

That is Engin's list, he is just a man and his list may not be 100% accurate. I pm'd him on the teammaine probaords and asked about Randall, and he said Randall doesn't pull often enough to be included in the rankings. For Larratt, he won't put him higher than Farid, Brzenk or Pushkar until he beats one of them. He said if Larratt beats Brzenk then he'll place Larratt as #1. And yeah he lost to Ron Bath but a lot of the top armwrestlers have beaten Brzenk at least once. Not even the best never loses.

For Voevoda he isn't currently pulling so he's not on the list. idk why Cyplenkov isn't, maybe he's too new? As for Travis, he isn't even top 10 on Engin's lists, so I doubt he could beat a fully rested Brzenk. We'll see though I think Brzenk may be beatable these days. Larratt will replace him right handed, imo, but Pushkar will give him a good run for his money.

As for Barboza beating Brzenk, do you have a video of that? I haven't seen that before so I'm just wondering. I know at his prime when he weighed like 240 lbs., Brzenk toyed with Barboza at one tournament.

As for Barboza beating Brzenk, do you have a video of that? I haven't seen that before so I'm just wondering. I know at his prime when he weighed like 240 lbs., Brzenk toyed with Barboza at one tournament.

I don't think the Mohegan Sun video is anywhere on-line except for ArmTV. Here's an older clip from Letterman:

Josh H are you referring to the boomtown 2006 tournament? If so John was practically bionic there and really did toy with Barboza.

Oh my gOd G-Man !!!

that letterman video is shit and old ! Brzenk is numer 1 cause he beat all in Nemiroff World Cup !! In Mohegan Sun he pulled 2 !! classes ! In the Arnold he came without training ! and without the intention to pull there... but he did though !

Still, a prepared Brzenk wasnt beat since years !! He lost a match here and there but only beacause he pulls everywhere erverytime regardless his form.

And about this Man Voevoda... He is the opposite of Brzenk! He has fame of one time succes over Brzenk and thats all forget him!

Josh H are you referring to the boomtown 2006 tournament? If so John was practically bionic there and really did toy with Barboza.

Yes.

And about this Man Voevoda... He is the opposite of Brzenk! He has fame of one time succes over Brzenk and thats all forget him!

He has beaten Brzenk but not just Brzenk. he took down Pushkar, Bagent (right handed), he killed Semerenko, and many others. Nobody could stop him. Don't forget about Voevoda - should he return, he would be a dominating force.

He has beaten Brzenk but not just Brzenk. he took down Pushkar, Bagent (right handed), he killed Semerenko, and many others. Nobody could stop him. Don't forget about Voevoda - should he return, he would be a dominating force.

You are still talking about that one tournement in that he , cause of lucky circumstances,dominated, BUT

1. Voevoda can't take a loose, that why you never saw him again after that Bagent battle AND never saw him against Brzenk! cause he knewed he can't beat him.

2. Voevoda is a konservertive russian... he can't stay with his fans like Brzenk, he doesn't allow any fotos interviews or contact...

there is so much what people don't know about him.. but still they see him as a Champion which he never will be..

You are still talking about that one tournement in that he , cause of lucky circumstances,dominated, BUT

1. Voevoda can't take a loose, that why you never saw him again after that Bagent battle AND never saw him against Brzenk! cause he knewed he can't beat him.

2. Voevoda is a konservertive russian... he can't stay with his fans like Brzenk, he doesn't allow any fotos interviews or contact...

there is so much what people don't know about him.. but still they see him as a Champion which he never will be..

What were the "lucky circumstance"?

1. Maybe he thought he could but didn't want to take the chances of losing? I don't know but even if he did leave cause he didn't want to lose, to say he is just famous for beating Brzenk, to deny that he was one of the very best in 2004, would be foolish. Don't you agree that he could beat most of the armwrestlers then?

2. Okay. What is the point here...?

Edited by Josh H

You're talking like Mazurenko. But where does your opinion come from?

yep, i have read this all and more in the posts of mazurenko. And i believe this because it makes sense ! This Voevoda is sneaky and chickenshit IMO !

Nobody deserves to be seen as a true Champ or Legend if he is NOT one ! And thats the thing with voevoda...

Definately he could have been a champion with his potenzial...

yep, i have read this all and more in the posts of mazurenko. And i believe this because it makes sense ! This Voevoda is sneaky and chickenshit IMO !

Nobody deserves to be seen as a true Champ or Legend if he is NOT one ! And thats the thing with voevoda...

Definately he could have been a champion with his potenzial...

Unfortunately, "not deserving to be a champ." and "not being the best / being one of the best." aren't the same. So if John Brzenk was a total asshole, I guess he wouldn't be a champ either, right?

So if John Brzenk was a total asshole, I guess he wouldn't be a champ either, right?

No ! you didnt understood ..... A champ is somebody who faces his opponents and beats them !

Voevoda is hiding all the time because he is afraight of loosing....

Cyplenkov has amazing strength. It's going to be interesting to see him at the Zloty.

He don't feel Semerenko ! I think even Brzenk will not stop him... Brzenk in his peak - maybe ; but this is a new league...

Practice table: Cyplenkov - Semerenko:

http://www.armpower.net/?page=armtube&fid=515

The more video I watch of the guy the more I can't help but think how good-natured he is; no yelling, gloating, etc... Seems like a very nice guy.

I agree. He will probably start gloating and yelling once he wins Nemiroff 2008 Left-Handed AND Right-Handed in his weight category and in Open. ;)

He don't feel Semerenko ! I think even Brzenk will not stop him... Brzenk in his peak - maybe ; but this is a new league...

I would take him over John LH but not RH.

On a side note: I don't understand why everyone thinks John is washed up all of sudden. I've noticed several comments as of late along the lines of "Brzenk in his prime or Brzenk's best days are behind him, etc..." The 230# Brzenk toyed with world class pullers and it's not like that was 20 years ago. With Unifieds in UT and World's in Canada, I think the doubters are in for a rude awakening! :rock

I think Semerenko pulled before they pulled. So it doesn't say as much as fresh for fresh.

I would take him over John LH but not RH.

On a side note: I don't understand why everyone thinks John is washed up all of sudden. I've noticed several comments as of late along the lines of "Brzenk in his prime or Brzenk's best days are behind him, etc..." The 230# Brzenk toyed with world class pullers and it's not like that was 20 years ago. With Unifieds in UT and World's in Canada, I think the doubters are in for a rude awakening! :rock

Maybe you're right, but Cyplenkov is toying with the pros, and with his non-dominant hand. I say he would beat a 209 lbs (95 kg) Brzenk with either hand.