Denis Cyplenkov

Matt Brouse

i think people are expecting to much to soon out of this guy even though he is powerful. As far as Travis goes you cant judge by the fact he lost messing around with someone on the practice table

We shall see... how long has Cyplenkov been training for arm wrestling? And he has already killed Artem, who beat Taras Ivakin, who is number 8 on Engin Terzi's top 10 in the world list. Though that list might not be accurate... Ron Bath is at #5 in the world and the only time I ever saw him pull Travis Bagent, Bagent won (right handed match) but he's not even on the top 10 right handed. He held Brzenk off for a while as well, and I saw a video of him beating Andrey Pushkar (right handed match). Also Dave Randall should be on the list having beaten both Bath and Bagent easily.

Josh, dude, you shouldn't state things like they are certain like that. I probably have done it in the past too, and it p*sses some people off.

#1) "And he has already killed Artem" --- no matter how convincing practise videos look, they never faced in a tourney. Plus, they are like 4 weight classes appart, according to WAF weight classes.

#2) About your Ron Bath ranting --- totally wrong. First of all, if you've only seen Bath lose to Bagent, search more, I've seen Bath beating Bagent and I know the video is somewhere out there. Another thing, to question why Travis is not on Engin's list, it's because Engin only lists ACTIVE pullers, and up until a short while ago, Travis had not been pulling right handed. Yet another thing, since you like the "he beat A, who beat B, then he should be #X on the list".... then lets think of it this way: Travis could not pin a 176 pounder in this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=QkwL6-DrynI ...... And he lost a $15,000 supermatch against Jerry Cadorette, which is also in youtube, I'm sure you can search for it. Yet, look what Ron Bath did to Jerry at last year's Mohegan:

.... Also, Brzenk, who was only 198lbs at last year's Mohegan, beat Jerry too.

#3) As if #2 wasn't long enough, lol... Randall isn't on the list becuase of the reasons I said, he doesn't pull that much.

We could all do "top 10's" in our mind, but if I were you I wouldn't question Engin Terzi's list, he knows a thing or two!!!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darthsith19

• Magnus

• Pancake Sprawl

• dima700

He hasn't been on top because he has been injured right handed. But I am pretty sure he is top 5 right handed easily. You have to look at the times the matches have taken place as well (with the Dave Randall match), because all the matches your naming happened years apart. Plus if you haven't competed in a category for a while you get taken off the list as far as I remember so that can be an explanation for Bagent not being listed.

Okay, but the one where Dave Randall beat ron Bath was at RotN I think jsut last year.

Josh, dude, you shouldn't state things like they are certain like that. I probably have done it in the past too, and it p*sses some people off.

#1) "And he has already killed Artem" --- no matter how convincing practise videos look, they never faced in a tourney. Plus, they are like 4 weight classes appart, according to WAF weight classes.

#2) About your Ron Bath ranting --- totally wrong. First of all, if you've only seen Bath lose to Bagent, search more, I've seen Bath beating Bagent and I know the video is somewhere out there. Another thing, to question why Travis is not on Engin's list, it's because Engin only lists ACTIVE pullers, and up until a short while ago, Travis had not been pulling right handed. Yet another thing, since you like the "he beat A, who beat B, then he should be #X on the list".... then lets think of it this way: Travis could not pin a 176 pounder in this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=QkwL6-DrynI ...... And he lost a $15,000 supermatch against Jerry Cadorette, which is also in youtube, I'm sure you can search for it. Yet, look what Ron Bath did to Jerry at last year's Mohegan:

.... Also, Brzenk, who was only 198lbs at last year's Mohegan, beat Jerry too.

#3) As if #2 wasn't long enough, lol... Randall isn't on the list becuase of the reasons I said, he doesn't pull that much.

We could all do "top 10's" in our mind, but if I were you I wouldn't question Engin Terzi's list, he knows a thing or two!!!

1. What I said about him killing Artem IS certain, because he DID kill Artem, which is what I stated and if you watched the video then yyou would know that yes, he did kill him, and it wasn't a typical practice match, it was set up like a supermatch, 6 matches on each arm. I see no reason why Artem wouldn't have been trying his hardest, and yes, they are a lot of weight classes apart. But Artem is still one of the best in the world in his weight class and beat the 8th best armwrestler period from any weight class on Engin's list.

2. I have seen bath beat Brzenk, and never said otherwise that i can find. Mind telling me where I said I'd only seen Brzenk beat Bath?

3. I'll watch those videos later there is a firewall blocking youtube here. yes I have seen bath beat Jerry but that was supposed to be Bath's strongest moments, the Mohegan Sun tournament.

4. Yes, Engin does know a thing or two but he's just a man, his list isn't necessarily 100% accurate merely because he knows a lot aout AW.

please don't say that giorgi is even on the same planet as travis, I know them both and have experience with both of them on and off the practice table........it is way off

No, he will attend in next Zloty tour left handed this year.
when is this one usually

Denis on cover of armpower magazine:

http://www.armpower.net/images/magazyn/pdf/2008_06.pdf

how about a Denis/ Devon match? That would be interesting to me and isnt worlds in Canada this year in Devons neck of the woods

Would be a good match imho. I think Devon would win with the right hand though. Left would be close. I hope Cyplenkov goes to World's and yes, it is in Canada.

how about a Denis/ Devon match? That would be interesting to me and isnt worlds in Canada this year in Devons neck of the woods

Would be a good match imho. I think Devon would win with the right hand though. Left would be close. I hope Cyplenkov goes to World's and yes, it is in Canada.

Cyplenkov didn't compete in the russian nationals, so I don't think that he will pull at worlds in canada.

Cyplenkov didn't compete in the russian nationals, so I don't think that he will pull at worlds in canada.

That's really ashame, why didn't he go to nationals? Did he fail a drug test? lol :tongue

Edited by Josh H

It's a shame that some of these supermatches feature pullers that have faced each other numerous times and almost NEVER line up interesting matchups that you never see.

I saw Bagent vs. Larratt in person both left-handed and right back in late 2002. I also saw the first supermatch a few years later on ArmTV. Why no Larratt vs. Voevoda? Larratt vs. Cyplenkov? Larratt vs. an in-shape Dave Randall?

No disrespect to Michael Todd, but who would have expected anything else from his supermatch with Voevoda? No disrespect to Taras Ikakin, but why would he do a supermatch with Michael Todd immediately AFTER winning the worlds? Or when Pushkar did a supermatch immediately AFTER winning the worlds in his weight class, would anyone expect that John Brzenk would NOT crush him?

I thought the purpose of supermatches were to get together pullers who wouldn't ordinarily pull each other in competition, who are very close in ability, both at or near their best and who would make an interesting match-up.

Edited by G-Man

It's a shame that some of these supermatches feature pullers that have faced each other numerous times and almost NEVER line up interesting matchups that you never see.

I saw Bagent vs. Larratt in person both left-handed and right back in late 2002. I also saw the first supermatch a few years later on ArmTV. Why no Larratt vs. Voevoda? Larratt vs. Cyplenkov? Larratt vs. an in-shape Dave Randall?

No disrespect to Michael Todd, but who would have expected anything else from his supermatch with Voevoda? No disrespect to Taras Ikakin, but why would he do a supermatch with Michael Todd immediately AFTER winning the worlds? Or when Pushkar did a supermatch immediately AFTER winning the worlds in his weight class, would anyone expect that John Brzenk would NOT crush him?

I thought the purpose of supermatches were to get together pullers who wouldn't ordinarily pull each other in competition, who are very close in ability, both at or near their best and who would make an interesting match-up.

so what matches would you like to see? I myself would like to see more of Lupkes and also how Devon matches up with other pullers around the world

so what matches would you like to see? I myself would like to see more of Lupkes and also how Devon matches up with other pullers around the world

I would like to see the best of the best right now (until John Brzenk gets over his injury):

Devon Larratt vs. Richard Lupkes

Devon Larratt vs. Denis Cyplenkov

Devon Larratt vs. Alexey Voevoda

Devon Larratt vs. Andre Pushkar

Devon Larratt vs. Dave Randall

Richard Lupkes vs. Denis Cyplenkov

Richard Lupkes vs. Alexey Voevoda

Richard Lupkes vs. Andre Pushkar

Richard Lupkes vs. Dave Randall

Alexey Voevoda vs. Denis Cyplenkov

Alexey Voevoda vs. Dave Randall

Andre Pushkar vs. Dave Randall

Andre Pushkar vs. Denis Cyplenkov

Dave Randall vs. Denis Cyplenkov

Travis Bagent vs. Denis Cyplenkov (left)

Travis Bagent vs. Dimitry Kochiev (left)

Denis Cyplenkov vs. Dimitry Kochiev (left)

We might see Randall vs. Lupkes at the AAA Nationals in a few weeks. We also may see Cyplenkov vs. Pushkar left-handed soon (why not right?). Other than that, the way it's going, we'll be lucky if we EVER see HALF of the above.

Edited by G-Man

To be fair, Devon was supposed to go up against Brzenk, not Bagent. Brzenk pulled a muscle (or something like that) and so Bagent took his place. As for Cyplenkov, he is new and the supermatch with Brzenk got set up before Cyplenkov was even big. As for Voevoda, he is taking a break from armwrestling, it seems. I would like to see more of Dave Randall, though.

I would like to see the best of the best right now (until John Brzenk gets over his injury):

Devon Larratt vs. Richard Lupkes

Devon Larratt vs. Denis Cyplenkov

Devon Larratt vs. Alexey Voevoda

Devon Larratt vs. Andre Pushkar

Devon Larratt vs. Dave Randall

Richard Lupkes vs. Denis Cyplenkov

Richard Lupkes vs. Alexey Voevoda

Richard Lupkes vs. Andre Pushkar

Richard Lupkes vs. Dave Randall

Alexey Voevoda vs. Denis Cyplenkov

Alexey Voevoda vs. Dave Randall

Andre Pushkar vs. Dave Randall

Andre Pushkar vs. Denis Cyplenkov

Dave Randall vs. Denis Cyplenkov

Travis Bagent vs. Denis Cyplenkov (left)

Travis Bagent vs. Dimitry Kochiev (left)

Denis Cyplenkov vs. Dimitry Kochiev (left)

We might see Randall vs. Lupkes at the AAA Nationals in a few weeks. We also may see Cyplenkov vs. Pushkar left-handed soon (why not right?). Other than that, the way it's going, we'll be lucky if we EVER see HALF of the above.

your right

To be fair, Devon was supposed to go up against Brzenk, not Bagent. Brzenk pulled a muscle (or something like that) and so Bagent took his place.

Here's a thread on the US Open:

http://teammaine.proboards107.com/?board=g...1563&page=1

John dropped out of the Devon supermatch because of his injury but pulled a week later and won his class.

To be fair, Devon was supposed to go up against Brzenk, not Bagent. Brzenk pulled a muscle (or something like that) and so Bagent took his place.

Here's a thread on the US Open:

http://teammaine.proboards107.com/?board=g...1563&page=1

John dropped out of the Devon supermatch because of his injury but pulled a week later and won his class.

must be he wanted to be 100% before he pulled Devon. I have pulled in a smaller tournament before when hurt and won it but i know if i had pulled great competition i would have gotten killed do to a injury i was recovering from. I had to force evey match into a hook because i hurt my hand Edited by Robert Bishop

• 2 weeks later...

Cyplenkov - Pushkar left hand: 6 : 0

Easy win it seems. Would be intresting to see they pull right hand instead.

I thought the same... it would have been much more interesting to see that, but it was stated somewhere that Denis is not "ready" yet for world class competition with his right hand, but will be by Zlotty 2008 I think?

WOW! I thought Pushkar was going to win. Is there a video yet?

Easy win it seems. Would be intresting to see they pull right hand instead.

I thought the same... it would have been much more interesting to see that, but it was stated somewhere that Denis is not "ready" yet for world class competition with his right hand, but will be by Zlotty 2008 I think?

John Brzenk saw the video of Dennis pulling Artem and said "I wonder why he isn't pulling right handed at Zloty this year.

he looks like he can compete...and do very well."

This was on the teammaine message boards. I personally feel than if Pushkar can beat the second best (well, third now) left handed armwrestler in the world with the left he is probably top 10 right.