• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CoC#3

• mobsterone

• ewokhugo

• TAT 70

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hour shift yesterday - the bloke who was supposed to take over from me turned up 4 HOURS LATE. So no sleep as usual because i had work again last night, but the training ended up going well even though i was pushed for time. Also took delivery of this one hand lift setup and had a little play with this. Amazing piece of kit. I wish i had 2 of these i'd have a set of farmers walks aswell.

Today i did rolling thunder, thumbless, up to 105kgx1 LH and 105kgxhalf way up RH (new pr)

Edited by CoC#3

grippers felt 'ON' tonight so,

RH -

#2x10

MM1x3

#3.5xvvn,vn

I thought i was going to get it on the first rep, ended up short by a little bit, maybe 2-3mm, second attempt was a little bit further off but i turned it into some negs and held it around 1-2mm

stopped there and did some one hand deadlifts instead with 90kg on a farmers walk handle (with the bar in the groove of my fingers to simulate closing a gripper).

LH -

#2x10

MM1x4

RB210x3,3,3,3

#2 TNS work

Trying to bring my LH up wth the spring facing up. At one time i used to all my LH work inverted. I need to get out of this bad habit.

training legs tomorrow at the leisure centre (it's been ages since i've been to a gym) then trying the #3.5 again

Edited by CoC#3

good stuff mate...looking forward to the comp and watcing some monster feats from you and the other fellas!

Thanks Phil. Like last year i will have a 'play' afterwards with the bits and pieces. Maybe you could bring some steel down with you to bend?

Cool. Also some g5s and g8s would be nice if you have them. Bending is fun but kills my hands for anything else for a few days so it'd be ideal to mess around after the comp.

TODAY -

good sesh, sleep was good cos i had a day off work got about 6-7 hours, also had the central heating on so back felt nice and warm, hands were warmed up already etc...

so

GRIPPERS -

RH -

warmups then

#3.5xvvn,vn,vn,useless attempt,vvn,3 negs. Nearer than last night.

#3x4 easy overcrushes. This is easy these days.

LH -

MM1x1x10. Easy. Overcrushed.

ONE HAND LIFTS -

up to 200kg LH and RH

back felt ok loads more in tank

DYNAMIC THUMB WORK.

EXTENSORS

Mark text me today mate.He seems really up for it.

U interested as well ?

I`ll get my farmers,yolk,axle & maybe log back this

thurs/sun .

:rock

Mark text me today mate.He seems really up for it.

U interested as well ?

I`ll get my farmers,yolk,axle & maybe log back this

thurs/sun .

:rock

of course! i don't do any gym work so i could use a bit of a play every now and again with strongman kit - my core needs to get stronger. I am going to need to start very light and work back up though.

egguk and nockowt1 thanks for the encouragement about lifting the inch. I will make it my main training goal after this comp.

egguk and nockowt1 thanks for the encouragement about lifting the inch. I will make it my main training goal after this comp.

Great! Glad you are going to focus on the Inch.

You're a lot closer than me Sam (and a lot stronger!), it will be great to see you DL it fully.

Bob, I was when i was training for it, but you use a lot less tilt. Some of your recent attempts have been excellent.

Something i did to get the inch above half way (well i used tilt so the back bell was above the knee) was to start with the bells on pillows this kind of works like using a matress for blobs. It helps give you a 'pop' off the floor. Give this a shot next time.

Edited by CoC#3

Bob, I was when i was training for it, but you use a lot less tilt. Some of your recent attempts have been excellent.

Something i did to get the inch above half way (well i used tilt so the back bell was above the knee) was to start with the bells on pillows this kind of works like using a matress for blobs. It helps give you a 'pop' off the floor. Give this a shot next time.

Thanks Sam! I've always tried to avoid tilt, it never felt right to tilt it. I use a mini-tramp; it makes it very easy to get varying levels of "pop".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04KC60nbrok

Impressive. Have you ever tried deloading using bands? This has the same effect, but the weight in the hands is less off the floor than it is at the top.

strange shifts at work lately, having to train early morning (12-1am) at the moment, sleep hasn't been too bad though.

anyway,

GRIPPERS

LH - warmups then 5 easy singles on #3 and 4 sets of 10 with #2. LH is getting better with spring facing up.

RH - warmups then #3.5xvvn,vn,neg(think it was held shut or <1mm), vn, 4 negs.

also did #3x3x2

I will kill this #3.5 soon.

oh i got ironmind headstrap fit for hercules today - love it! Also recieved an FBBC 3'' bar and a 2.5'' loadable bell. Thanks Mark. I am going to have another cup of coffee and then do a bit with these.

did some work with the IM headstrap - a few lifts with loading pin + 20kg, 40kg ang 60kg. Feels easy but i don't want to do too much on this exercise straight away.

oh i got ironmind headstrap fit for hercules today - love it! Also recieved an FBBC 3'' bar and a 2.5'' loadable bell. Thanks Mark. I am going to have another cup of coffee and then do a bit with these.

Cheers Sam

Have you tried the 65mm bar yet?

Mark

I did a few curls and bits with it yesterday morning. Feels very slick at the moment. I think it's going to be a nice tool to help me towards the inch.

I think the 3'' bar is great aswell.

All in all money well spent same can be said for all the items i have bought off you.

What do you think is a good weight to lift with the IM headstrap?

I did a few curls and bits with it yesterday morning. Feels very slick at the moment. I think it's going to be a nice tool to help me towards the inch.

I think the 3'' bar is great aswell.

All in all money well spent same can be said for all the items i have bought off you.

What do you think is a good weight to lift with the IM headstrap?

Good stuff Sam, i think what your doing with 60kg on it is very good especially if its for high reps i tend to just attach it to a 32kg kettlebell and go for 50reps .If you attach it to the one hand lift bar you can do neck deadlifts its suprising how much you can move and its good fun

Mark