2008 Grip Work

CoC#3

today's session,

squats - atg, no wraps, 100kgx10, 140kgx3, 140kgx3, 100kgx3, 100kgx3

light step ups

grippers -

LH RB240Nx5x5, #3x2-3mmx3 small set, #3.5xmiss by ~ 1cmx4, #1.5x3x10 TNS from small set LH is improving non inverted but my wider sets still suck. I can close a hard #3 from a parallel set using all 4 fingers LH spring up but this still needs to come up.

RH RB240Nx5, #3x2, RB300x1, RB300x5sec overcrush, RB330xmiss 8-9mm (set felt weak), RB330xnegx3, BBSExnegx3 almost held closed, hard #3.5x4mm miss, easy #3.5x2mm missx2, #3x1,1,1, first time overcrushing the RB300. Wrist is slightly sore now though, something 'clicked' in there doing the #3.5 attempts.

euro pinch, 65mm -

55kgx3x5 with thin towel

65kgx2x5 with thin towel. Every rep was easy and held at the top.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CoC#3

• mobsterone

• ewokhugo

• TAT 70

Top Posters In This Topic

sam: good workout:-) be carefull and heal your Rh first, before your next training:-)

whats the diference betwen your hard and easy #3.5??

thanks hugo, i will make sure it heals up fully before training again. My easier #3.5 i would rate about 3.5. The harder one is around 3.55. My RB300 is about a 3.45. The BBSE is about 3.8. the RB330 is about 3.8.

R wrist feels strange, doesn't hurt on any grip movement but it hurts when i pronate my forearm like the position for reverse curls?

anyway tested it tonight with a light session

grippers - LH #1.5x20x3, filed #2x10x3, RB240Nx7 RH #1.5x20x3, filed #2x20x2, RB240Nx10 everything very easy also wrist felt ok not aware of it while doing grippers.

euro pinch 65mm -

45kgx3x5

55kgx5x3

65kgx3,3,3,3 then 3,3,3 with tissue. all very explosive and easy.

Weaver stick work?

The same thing happened last year before the comp aswell, i can't do axle reverse curls these days without pain. Axle pressing also seems to aggrevate it.

Possibly - mines is right wrist only. I had nothing last year but you and Chris did after the TTWC

For me last years pain was worse.

Friday night trianing -

LH - warmups, RB330N attempts x 5, RB300Nx1,1,1, #1.5 no sets

RH - warmups, RB300x1,1,1 RB330Nx1,1,1, RB300Nx1 overcrush, #3x1

Thanks Chris!

Will, sorry mate. Thought Mark txt you to let you know we were not coming. We all had work today (in my case night shift last night then work with students today). next week i am able to come training but i think Mark may have to work again so can i get a lift off you if that's ok?

TONIGHT'S TRAINING,

grippers -

RH - warmups, #3x1 OC, RB300x1, RB300x1 tore some skin so i stopped there.

LH - warmups, RB240Nx10, RB300Nx1, MM1x1,1,1,1, #1.5 TNS 3 sets of 10.

shoulders and triceps -

axle pressing, 50kgx10, 50kgx10, 60kgx8, 60kgx8, 60kgx5,5(no leg drive)

DB pressing, 30kgx5x2

tricep extensions overhead. 10kgx12x3

Will, sorry mate. Thought Mark txt you to let you know we were not coming. We all had work today (in my case night shift last night then work with students today). next week i am able to come training but i think Mark may have to work again so can i get a lift off you if that's ok?

No probs it was just that we sat around waiting & it was kin freezing.

Didn`t miss much anyway.

Should be good for nxt wk :rock

sorry tat i thought he let you know on sat :( i'll be there next week for sure (unless i have to work on short notice?? - both my jobs have a tendency of doing this and i can't turn down extra dosh!!) ;)

today i had a strong session.

AXLE DEADLIFTS - 100kgx5, 140kgx5, 170kgx3, 190kgx1,1, 170kgx3

AXLE ROWS - 60kgx3x12

AXLE CURLS - 30kgx3x12

2 HAND PINCH (no tissue, towel or anything on the hands) - 45kgx5, 55kgx5, 65kgx5, 75kgx1, 80kgx1, 85kgx1, 87.5kgx1, 90kgx1, 90kgx1, 80kgx1,1,1 all reps were easy even the one with 90kg.

THICK DB CURLS - 20kgx2x10, 10kgx2x15 nice pump.

dexterity ballz

very happy with today's session.

cheers matey, btw sent your gripper out this morning, recorded so you should have it in about 8 hours time ;)

Thanks big man.

Yesterday i went to the gym for a change.

DB shoulder pressing - 30kgx12,8,7

DB snatches - 30kgx5

close grip bench - 60kgx10, 80kgx3, 90kgx3, 90kgx3, 60kgx5,5

tricep extensions and pushdowns.

Thanks Chris, 100kg in May is the plan.

Another good session today, early in the morning before work

AXLE DEADLIFTS, 100kgx5, 140kgx5, 170kgx1, 180kgx1 and hold at top, 180kgx1 and hold at top, all done without a belt

AXLE ROWS, 90kgx6, 60kgx10,10

AXLE CURLS, 40kgx8x2

2 HAND PINCH, 45kgx5, 55kgx5, 65kgx5, 75kgx1, 80kgx1, 85kgx1, 90kgx1, 92.5kg(front loaded by 1.25kg)xhalf way, 91.25kgxa bit higher than half still not a full lift, 91.25kgx1 (with thin tissue on thumb webbing), 65kgx5x2 with a thicker towel. Coming on nicely. Next session i will back off and do multiple singles with 85-87kg.

i also did a little show tonight for a group of students i bent a few 6'' nails all crushed down from 90 deg bare handed (still can't kink bare handed?) i also bent 2 6'' nails together at the same time in 10 secs with IM wraps. It went down well everyone loved it.

Edited by CoC#3

What set up are you using - a Euro or something else?? Remember we've chatted before and I've used comparisons in my log.

For example while I had one freaky day early last year when I went over 100-kilos on the 2 plates / 70mm set up at Gymnation my weights are usually 5 to 7.5-kilos down at 70mm compared to what they are at 44mm. I've seen the same by a bigger margin for those using pinch blocks - metal & wood (even worse in fact) and so on. I myself do better on David Horne's set up than my own. Some of the that will be competition strength and some it just feels different.

If, as I'd hope, you are using a Euro set look at around 3-5 kilos difference as a minimum. This means more on the day. If you are not look at less if it's as thin (as you'll be using) or more if it's thicker than what you'll use at the event.

Euro, set at 65mm. This is the width i intend to use in the competition. This is how i have done all my pinching since i bought the euro set up, with the exception of one session where i did some blob work and some pinching of 3 10kg plates and another couple where i played with the euro set up at 54mm (which was crap for me. At 44mm i could hardly pick up equ+20kg). Next session i may do some work at 70mm because i still get some minor finger pain at 65mm (indicating that it might still be too thin for me?)

Last year i had no money so all i could afford set up wise was a wooden block attached to a loading pin on this i got up tp 95kg and ended up losing 85kg half way up on the set up euro in competition. Fortunately this year i have been well off enough to afford the proper kit.

1) Euro set: Great so a good indication.

2) The wooden block proves what I said - so others take note.

Yep - to anyone who reads this and wants to get a better EURO pinch in competition - get the correct kit.

Yep - to anyone who reads this and wants to get a better EURO pinch in competition - get the correct kit.

Sam, I'm very impressed with how your workouts are progressing. Your axle and pinch are really outstanding!

I just did a few workouts with two 45s (ok, but not a great texture) with a pipe through them before Gripmas and was able to lift over 10% more with the Euro setup, but I'd love to purchase one so I could have a better idea of where I stand at any given moment on the "real thing".