Swedish Log

David_wigren

David

If your already admitting defeat on the stainless crush then thats your weak link and the steel will keep on finding that weak link so train this harder till it becomes your strong piont then you will never worry.

The best way to train the crush is with stainless and isos.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David_wigren

• Alawadhi

• nockowt1

• matthcarl

yes thank you gazza!

I know that the mental part is sometimes what makes or brakes a bend, or a lift aswell. I use to compete in weightlifting, never in any big compotitions, just small for the series and such whenever my club needed help with an extra lifter. And there I learned how important it is to be confident and not have any doubts before and during the lift. The same applies to bending. I think that's why I bent the dark bastard so "easily" my last workout, having bent one before it always becomes easier the nest time. Because your head isn't doubting it anymore.

But with stainless I get thoose doubts in my head right in the start. The best PR would probobly to get rid of any doubts. I'm working hard on that and isos for the crush wich is improving alot!

wow you do weightlifting? I really like it. Although I can't seem to find a club in Dubai. What's your best lifts?

wow you do weightlifting? I really like it. Although I can't seem to find a club in Dubai. What's your best lifts?

Not that good. 75kg snatch and 110kg clean and jerk at 80kg bodyweight. At first I did it just to work my legs more and due to competion levels are low in sweden I was able to compete with thoose results without embaressing myself. That was 2 years ago, I had to quit because i injured my left wrist and it never seemed to heal proporly. But thanks to bending I don't have that problem anymore.

I've just recently started weightlifting again.

Short but good wourkout this morning.

Brace bent the 12" spike from FBBC. That was hard!

Attempted the 10" spike but only got a small kink.

Fought and lost against the diamond horse shoe that I bent just past 90 a couple of days ago. It didn't move one nayoda.

Dark bastard IMP 19 seconds. time pr but I opened my wound on my finger.

Stainless in double pads bent to 109mm between legs

90mm between legs. I stopped it there because I was opening up my wound more and more and started to bleed some. Called it a day even though I felt that I had alot more in the tank

Dude heal up. You don't want to miss your cert up! And nice work on the bastard and stainless :rock

That might be a good idea. But you see, my name is David and I have an addiction :laugh

No seriously I will heal up now so no more bending that will bust my finger open

I BET you will bend :tongue Damn you made me psyched up. Tomorrow in your honor I will bend the dark evil bastard using IM pads IF I did bending. :rock

Hehe I did bend just now but only brace bending wich doesn't effect my finger.

Bent the 10" spike from FBBC, wich was prekinked from last time. And mini kinked the 8" spike. Battled the diamond 1 horse shoe thats stuck just past 90 degrees, but after about 30 minutes without any budge on it I called it quits.

I'm gonna get me some battaries to my camera and post a video of the last 12"er and hopfully get the last 10"er I got aswell.

You'll get that dark sob! I beilive in you! :D . It is as you say with the dark, the kink is the worst but all the way through it is still very hard but aslong as you get the kink to about 15-20 degrees you will kill that suckah!

awesome log. very impressive. not yet doing any bending, but am gonna rectify that here soon. later this month i'm gonna start.

i'm gonna start checking your log here on out to get motivated..

peace

Great to have you! If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Also as you go along if you have any tips or pointers, I'll be all ears. Because bending is a sience, and all benders are sientists and researchers. There is always something new to learn.

Good luck with your training and future bending

i'll be sure to keep ya posted as soon as i start. gonna finish reading your log, and get some ideas for the future.

peace

Bent some yesterday and that didn't go so well.

Dark bastard IMP took 3 attempts to get done :angry:

Easy bastard IMP in about 20 seconds :dry

Dark bastard IMP in roughly 2 minutes :(

But today was a totally different story!

Did some MAJOR damage to some MAJOR steel!

Warmed up by cutting a yellow into 2 pieces and bending both.

Dark bastard in IMP 20 seconds (16-17 seconds actuall bending time as I fumbled alot on the kink)

Shiny with double pads from straight to 60mm(less than 2 1/2") between legs in rouphly 5-6 minutes.

pre minikinked Edgin with double pads to about 80 degrees

another attempt on the Edgin and moved it past 90 to about 100 degrees

another hit and no budge.

After a really bad day at work I really had some great fuel to bend great!

Very strong bends :rock You will finish the big G5 and the shiny soon. I am sure.

David thats some serious steel your starting to worry there mate congrats.

As long as you keep on hitting the steel and doing isos you will get stronger sometimes it can just be as simple as the wrong mindset at that particular time example:- New years eve morning i decided to go for some PRS i new within 5mins of warming up that i wasnt going to PR so i left it at that returned to the familly then late afternoon i took the dog for a long walk in the field about an hour i had my ipod with me with a particular tune playing the whole time on repeat i was out there getting myself into the zone i then came home and within 5mins was onto my 1st PR 4 that steel sometimes just walking away from the session and getting your head right can do alot more than just keeping going at it were you risk injury cause your so desperate to set a PR but the mind aint right then bam its like a light bulb switching on.

David thats some serious steel your starting to worry there mate congrats.

As long as you keep on hitting the steel and doing isos you will get stronger sometimes it can just be as simple as the wrong mindset at that particular time example:- New years eve morning i decided to go for some PRS i new within 5mins of warming up that i wasnt going to PR so i left it at that returned to the familly then late afternoon i took the dog for a long walk in the field about an hour i had my ipod with me with a particular tune playing the whole time on repeat i was out there getting myself into the zone i then came home and within 5mins was onto my 1st PR 4 that steel sometimes just walking away from the session and getting your head right can do alot more than just keeping going at it were you risk injury cause your so desperate to set a PR but the mind aint right then bam its like a light bulb switching on.

That's some good advice. Bending is so much a mental game. I can often tell right away from the start that it will be a good or bad workout. Even if I feel great body wise and full of energy, if I have a bad first bend I can get psyched out. I start to fumble around during the bend and lose focus and confidence. And as you say desperate for a PR can make you hit the steel over and over again with bad form risking an injury.

I also do that, listening to music that psyches me up during the day, whenever I plan to bend later that evening.

Thank you Gazza

Are the double pads you're using IM pads? Do you dislike using leather wraps?

Yes they are double IM pads. I've never found any leather wraps that I liked. But I've ordered some from FBBC, maybe thoose wraps will convert me to a leather bender.

Some late work but really good work.

All bends where with double IMP

3,5" yellow warmup

Measured that edgin I battled last night to 117mm between legs. Crushed it down to 64 mm

60 mm

43 mm, Done!PR Felt that the edgin has a slightly weaker chrush than the stainless.

Took another edgin to about 90 degrees 123mm between legs

KOAB got a mini mini mini-kink on it!!!

back to the edgin and took it further to 92 mm

86 mm. And I stopped here. This one is a bit off center. so it felt much harder and a little more akward to bend. But I'll get this one too after I regroup and gather some strength

Post a picture of the big G5 :rock I LOVE to see it. Well done :rock

Thank you Alawadhi and Gazza!

Seeing that fantastic shiny that you did really inspired me today. I've seen it before many times but back then I was still pretty new to bending and didn't fully understand exactly what was going on. I knew that it was a crazy bend and an unreal display of strength and determination. It really got my blood flowing so I had to bend. Even though I have been bending hard for 3 days in a row.

All bends is with double IMP

4" yellow as a warmup and did a couple of push ups. I also rensed my hands in hot water. Choked up good and went for the shiny bastard. Bent it to pretty much dead on in about 4:50 minutes. Fortunaly I was taping it. The file is super big(over 200MB) and I think that it's uploading on youtube right now. Not 100% sure though, had to install some program to it and such. I think bending is actually improving my computer skills :D . The vid is in black and white as I thought that it would spare some extra MB

If it uploads I'll send it to John and hopefully it will do as a cert.

Next I tried to finish the second Edgin from yesterday moved it a bunch but not under 2". Didn't bother to measure it.

KOAB I think I minikinked it some further but it is hard to tell. If I lay the bar on a flat surfice and push down on one side the other side sticks up about 1 mm.

Thank you Gazza for the inspiration and motivating me to kill my limits. I'm far from NO LIMITS, but everyday I'm slowly getting there. Also thank you Alawadhi for following me the past months and helping me out and also motivating me. Now kill that dark bastard in IMP. It has put me down a couple of times now. There has been several times now that I have warmed up and after attempted the dark in IMP and only kinking it abit. And that bummed me out so I decided to stop and not posting it cuz it was just a single missed attempt. It has happened 3 times now. So don't psyche yourself out just because you didn't kill it. The dark is just a killer on the kink. on the rest it ain't so bad.