Swedish Log

David_wigren

Had some fun today after work. Went over to a friends place to bend his old frying pan. He invited me over just because he knew that I was into that wierd superman stuff. I had never bent one before, but I said sure I'll do it! And it must have been a really cheap crap excuse for a frying pan. It pretty much bent by it self. I tried to roll it but there was still alot of greese and stuff on it, so I just bent it and tried to mangle it from every side I could.

Next I tried to burst a coke can. Man that's hard! I sort of managed to do it, but both times it just opened a small tear on the side. I really thought it would open on the sprint.

Finished by ripping a few phonebooks that was laying around

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David_wigren

• Alawadhi

• nockowt1

• matthcarl

worked my chest this morning. And because my regular training is so infrequent, If I even look at a bench or something it means I wont be bending for a few days.

So I did some grippers instead! Long time no see!

RH

TNS T, 10reps

TNS 1, 10reps

TNS 2, 2reps

RB180, 4reps

RB210, 2reps

2,5, 2reps

RB240, 1/8, 1/4

LH

TNS T, 10reps

TNS 1, 10reps

TNS 2, 1/4

RB160, 2reps

RB180, 1/8, 1/8, 1/4, 1/4

My teqniche was down the toilet. specielly with my left. My MMS didn't seem to be that much greater than my TNS. But all and all I'm happy that my gripper strength hasn't dropped that much

Had another short "workout" today that I posted in the bending page. But I felt I should ad it to my log aswell.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cgS2xcjMGG0

A red bent in IM pads in 29 seconds. That means 4 reds in a row done in 29 seconds on 3 seperate workouts. I don't know how to feel about that. I guess I feel great about it!

Just keep bending them until it melts in your hand then contact IM. You are very near!

Had a short workout earlier today. Only been doing short workouts lately because I've just recently started lifting weights again and my whole body is sore pretty much the whole time now.

warmed up tossing a sledge around

Red nail in IM pads, done in 29 seconds (I couldn't beilive it)

Another Red in IM pads, done in 28 seconds! Time PR! :rock

Made a few lazy attempts on a blue+white DU style. Didn't move it :angry:

I've just recived a package notice with the word "import" written on it. weighs 9,1kg... Wonder what it could be?? I'm thinking FBBC :cool

Well done on the Red :rock You will keep getting faster and faster until you melt those in 2 seconds :D

If those are FBBC then try the Bastard and see what can you get. If you bent them in less than one minute then I suggest to call or email IronMind right away!

It was from FBBC :) . It got here faster than I thought it would. I'll try some of them bastards tomorrow!

Well done on the Red :rock You will keep getting faster and faster until you melt those in 2 seconds :D

If those are FBBC then try the Bastard and see what can you get. If you bent them in less than one minute then I suggest to call or email IronMind right away!

Couldn't wait til tomorrow so I tried it today!

also did a 6" G5 DU pretty fast

Thank you Alawadhi! And as soon as your palms have healed up you'll get that red for sure!

Yeah a video is nice. I like seeing people bending DU since I am weak at it :D I saw Dave Morton bending the 270K (comparable to a Red as far as I know) bar DU like it was nothing. Again like it was NOTHING. He just holds it and gets his wrists down as if he's bending air. Another huge DU bender is Dave Oslund. And they both have a STRONG crush. Just look at them

http://www.cyberpump.com/gallery/album166 Look at the 280K and 290K challenge bar bend. Heck look at any video of Dave Oslund.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtop...;hl=dave+morton Look at Dave Morton how he bend those bars like nothing. It inspires me to train DU again. And all this was in 2004 or 2005 when bending knowlege was little.

And back to your Bastard bend. Like I said in your last topic you should email IM right away. You are ready!

Thanks!

Yeah I think I'll email ironmind pretty soon!

I didn't tape the G5 because my camcorder seems to really eat megabytes. If the video is over 2 minutes and 30 seconds, it gets over 100 MB. Can't figure out how to make it more "compact" for allowing more time. Guess I could bend it without showing the length and head. You'll just have to take my word about the bolt when I do theese vids. :D

Thanks for the links Alawadhi. Crazy strong lads Ostlund and Morton :blink

Yeah a video is nice. I like seeing people bending DU since I am weak at it :D I saw Dave Morton bending the 270K (comparable to a Red as far as I know) bar DU like it was nothing. Again like it was NOTHING. He just holds it and gets his wrists down as if he's bending air.

Dave is a terrific DU and DO bender. But a 270k bar is comparable to a 5.5" G5 on David Horne's chart. He's done much harder of course.

Thanks guys.

Todays workout

warmed up with TNSing the 1 for 10reps both hands and playing with the sledge.

DU

4"x1/4 pretty slow but crushed it way down to 3,5cm

6" G5 video taped it, but it was bad and I know I can do better so I won't post it.

5" G5 to 13 degrees. Man this one was waaay harder than I thought! Maybe I was just full of myself thinking that I would get it.

DO

did 5 one-hit attempts on the shiny bastard in IMP. Kinked a bit to 18-19 degrees. I think I'll keep hitting it til it's dead. Just need a couple of days of. My hands get pretty bashed up doing max bends with IMP

I know you have the strength to finish one. Probably the pain stopped you. I can't bend the bastard as fast as you did and yet I finished a shiny. You can 100% kill a shiny in leather. But if you want to train to bend it in IM pads then go for it :rock

Edited by Alawadhi

David

Your doing great and working exclusively with the ironmind pads will make the bends easy when you transfer to leather but if you do keep bending with the ironmind pads as well as they realy help toughen up the hands.

Bend 1 of your shinys to 3inches between the legs and see if you can finish it you are then working both ends of the steel which helps alot.

Yeah a video is nice. I like seeing people bending DU since I am weak at it :D I saw Dave Morton bending the 270K (comparable to a Red as far as I know) bar DU like it was nothing. Again like it was NOTHING. He just holds it and gets his wrists down as if he's bending air.

Dave is a terrific DU and DO bender. But a 270k bar is comparable to a 5.5" G5 on David Horne's chart. He's done much harder of course.

I remember reading on the board somwhere that the 270KG is comparable with a Red. I also found this http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtop...116&hl=270K which Steve says the Reds takes 260KG to bend. I think David Horne chart goes with the numbers and not the actual difficulty of the steel itself. For example, a black triangle G5 takes 385 pounds to bend to 30degrees and the easy Bastards takes also 385 pounds to bend. But the Bastard is much stronger than the G5. I mean maybe the chart is like this and I may be wrong. I thought of this when I saw the huge shiny comparable to a huge bastard.

Alawadi

Thanks for you beiliving in me :blush but I can't fully bend it with all the leather wraps in the world. My crush is embaressing. Can't crush a huge bastard for the life of me. Not a big bastard either. And I struggle alot with a bastard/red starting from 90 degrees.

Gazza

Thanks for your great advise! This might actually be the best to help my crush! I'll start working on it! And regarding the pads, I wouldn't mind getting tougher hands :cool

What I meant is with leather, not IM pads.

Yeah my leather wraps sucks. About the same difficulty as with IMP, just not as painful. So when I go for max strength bends it's better to go with double IMP, gets pretty thick wich I'm trying to avoid. But it does the trick. Should get some other leather wraps.

Bastard about 20-25 seconds.

the Shiny at 18 dagrees with double IMP, went relativly easy to just past 90, then dead stop

another attempt, no budge

another, no budge

Cheat crushed it down to 91mm between legs

90mm

89,5mm

Went to try and chrush down a 6" red that had stopped at 90 degrees a couple of months ago. Mostly just expirimenting with different positions, and got it crushed down to 1,5"

cheat crushed the shiny to 75mm between legs

73mm

72mm

63mm

60,5mm

59mm

56,5mm

52mm

50mm

no budge

49mm

Felt brave so I wrapped up a 5/16" x 7" G5, and got a small kink on it.

Felt pretty drained after so many max efforts.

My chrush has improved a great deal, but is still far weaker than my kink

Wow I've been lazy reporting my workouts the past few days. I've actually been bending every day since 8 dec. Mostly hitting the crush down position with isos. And yesterday bent a Bastard in 11 seconds :blink . And after that I took down a 6"er in aprox 2 minutes time (double pads). Also kinked a 5"er to 22 degres. Also mini kinked the big G5 a bit further and I'm notecing something Gazza pointed out before, abouth the threded part bending more than the rest of the nail. Could be potentually dangerous if it where to snap... well off to work now

Edited by David_wigren

Bastard in 11 seconds? Damn that's strong :mosher You need to contact IM or I will do it for you :D Seriously you are more than ready now. I can't even bend the bastards that fast (unless if it was the easeir ones- one year old).

Some more great bending David! And yes, the threading on the Edgins will break if you push them hard enough. I've broken the threads on a 5.5", 6", and 7" Edgin and it sucks!