Swedish Log

David_wigren

Decided I should start a training log to keep track of my progress and to help motivate me.

Right now my eye's are set on bending the Red in IM pads, and the cert ofcourse. (Anyone wanna race?) That might be fun!

Anyhow todays workout was kind of short and consisted of hitting the red in IM pads over and over untill it was done. Got it done in 6 attempts, wich is a major PR considering that all previous attempt before had only resulted in a mini kink or nothing at all.

After this I did a cut down 5" yellow DU. Bent it fully in like 4-5 seconds, going DU all the way through. Even though this was real easy I felt that my hands where pretty beaten from the Red, decided to roll my pads up and call it a night.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David_wigren

• Alawadhi

• nockowt1

• matthcarl

Todays bending session

Warmed up by playing with a sledgehammer, tossing it around a bit

DO

Red done in just over a minute (double pads) Hands where still a bit sore from the other day

DU

5" blue in 7-8 seconds

4,5" blue in 22 seconds

4" blue in 1.39 minutes PR(DU all the way through)

3,75" blue to 45 degrees. Pretty fast. Tried to go all the way through it with DU but it wouldn't budge, so I finished it DO

Did a very short but great workout today!

Managed to bend the Red with IM pads in 3 attempts now!

I have to say that theese pads are murdering my hands! I think it was a big mistake to go with double pads for as long as I did. I got stronger but not tougher. And as soon as I tried the red in IM pads a couple of weeks ago it didn't go anywhere, and I was left with sore hands and a straight bar. Not cool! But I'm paying the price now and taking it slow. I'll get it eventually!!!

Also managed A rep on the David Horne wrist developer, with the original spring on the easiest setting. I'm really happy about that!

Very nice DU bending man! Nice to see DU seeing the light of day again. You ought to be smashing some Grade 5s now. And maybe even a 6" Grade 8.

I don't know how I missed this log. Great to see another bending log. And great bending! Keep it up.

I also want to cert on the Red. I was near and I trained for it to tie with the youngest Red nail roster (19 years). But Wes did his cert and he is the youngest now. So I didn't care to do it fast. My goal now is to bend my 8mm stainless (like the Shiny) in less than one minute then will go for a Red cert.

Thanks Ben!

I've put in an order from fbbc earlier this week for some G5 and G8. I guess I'll be able to take down the G5. Don't know about the G8, but I'll do my best. Right now my plan is that as soon as I can take down the red DO with the IM pads, and when I'm fairly consisted with it. I'll focus more on DU and some reverse bending aswell.

Thank you Alawadhi!

I know I didn't miss your log, Great log! I'm 22 now so I guess the fight for the youngest red cert was lost before it started for me. But really, if you are gonna lose to someone, I wouldn't feel to bad losing against Wes. But you'll get it!

Yeah I've ordered som shiny's too, from fbbc as I mentioned. From what I've heard the chrush down is a B***H! I'm worried about that because the chrush down is my weakest spot! But I'm not gonna worry to much about it now because I probebly couldn't kink it right now

Did some sledge levering today. Nothing much, but I'm slowly getting further and further back on the handle, with the front levering.

Also I got the 4kg sledge with 33" handle (unusually long handle), for 2 reps RH with arm straight and levered down to nose. And a single with LH

Did some DU bending today and it went pretty good

I always go DU all the way down to under 2" unless I state otherwise

4,5"

4" done in 51 seconds PR

felt strong so I thought I should try some stupid short bends.

3,5" to exactly 40 degrees. I tried to go further but it was getting too tricky

Blue and white nail taped together, got it to roughly 10 degrees

Man I'm waiting for those G5 and G8 to come!

remesured the 3,5 inch bend. And it wasn't 40 degrees, actually 35 degrees. Darn it!

remesured the 3,5 inch bend. And it wasn't 40 degrees, actually 35 degrees. Darn it!

I feel your pain. I got a handful of 4" G5s right around the point where I thought they were going to be 40, but they weren't.

I feel your pain. I got a handful of 4" G5s right around the point where I thought they were going to be 40, but they weren't.

Yeah. It's frustrating, cuz I thought I saw 40 degrees when I measured it right after the bend. Maybe I just saw what I wanted to see.

Awsome workout today!

DO

Warmed up bending a blue and white taped together In IM pads(FAST)

Tried a red in IM pads, with no elastic bands and I GOT THAT SUCKER! Great PR

Didn't time it or nothing but I guess that it must have been around the 30 second mark. Definitly under 1 minute!

Felt brave so I cut a 6,5" red and got it to about 40 degrees in 2 attempts

It feels great that the pain issue with theese pads is getting smaller and smaller. It just takes time getting acustomed to them.

Man I feel great! I think I'm gonna walk around with a bent piece of red steel in my pocket for a couple of days

Fantastic bending!!!

Thanks Ben!

It felt fantastic :D . It was really exciting how far I got on the first hit. Right there I thought that there was a big chance for me to get it. Hit it another time and it was down to roughly 90 degrees. Here is where I usually get stuck due to weak chrush power. But I grabbed the bar higher up closer toward the middle, still in "kinking" style, and moved it further. Went for the chrush. And as soon as I felt it move, I knew that it was over! I was going to get it! And sure thing, I got it. Chrush was relativly easy this time.

Now I just need to get consisted. And get my crap ass exuse for a camera to work, and tape it.

Red in IM pads are great :rock Well done. If it's the new reds then I think it's time to cert :rock

Red in IM pads are great :rock Well done. If it's the new reds then I think it's time to cert :rock

Thanks. I don't know wether they are new or old. I didn't get them directly from IM. So I guess it's a possibility that the guy I bought them from have had them since last year. But I spoke with the guy a couple of weeks ago and he said that he was all out of red nails. I'm guessing the new ones he gets will surely be from the new reds. After I try them I'll know for sure. If it turns out that I've been bending old reds, I've just have to get stronger. Don't see anything wrong with that!

Yep a red in ironmind pads is a nice bend congrats.

Thank you Gazza! It means a lot for me to hear that from a guy that have inspired me to go tougher and beyond my previous limits!

Did another Red today, timed it to 29 seconds.

Tried another one and it stopped at 90 degrees. I feel that IM pads although I've gotten more used to them, the pain saps alot of strength.

Did a 6,5" red in double IM pads in something like 2 minutes

Short intense workouts seem to be the way to go

Nice workout :rock The cert won't be hard for you.

Thank you Alawadhi! Well I feel that I'm getting pretty consisted with it. But I don't think I quite there yet. If I have a bad first hit it can spoile the whole bend.

DO

Warmed up with a bit of levering and some push ups

Blue and white taped together, pretty fast

Red done in 29 sec

Anouther Red in 29 sec (29 seconds on 3 reds in a row?! What's the odds? Anyone?)

DU

4" blue in 23 seconds time-PR

Blue and white taped together. 4 attempts and moved it something like 15 degrees

Felt a bit sore in my left pinkie. Nothing bad, but I recognized it to be "bad pain" that could evolve in to something worse if I don't rest for a couple of days

Well done :rock You really should go for the cert.

In my next workout I guess I won't be doing any big bends to let my skin heal. Then I will give the Red a go in IM pads and see where can I get.

Edited by Alawadhi

Well done :rock You really should go for the cert.

In my next workout I guess I won't be doing any big bends to let my skin heal. Then I will give the Red a go in IM pads and see where can I get.

I think that as long as you get a decent kink on it, you'll chrush it down easy!

Did some isometrics today. Didn't mean to, I just couldn't bend the piece I was going for.

2 yellows together (wich I find slightly harder than a red)

Did 5 attempts on it and moved to about 15 degrees or so.