Swedish Log

David_wigren

Tuesday 11/8

Pressing day

warm up with barbell and a few fast reps with 60 kg

Bench (all my heavy benches have a 0.5-1 second pause on my chest)

90kg 4 reps

100kg easy single

110kg I sort of made it but didn't classic episode when friend help you just when you're about to make it, and then I just sucked. 3 failed attempts

Military press

45kg 3 sets with 7 reps

Dips

bodyweight+20kg 5 sets with 5 reps (wow I used to be really strong with theese, what happened?)

military press on machine

40kg 3 sets of 6 reps (weight on this machine is really unforgiving and feels heavier than real weights)

Flyes machine

60kg 3 sets of 7 reps

Thursday 13/8

Back and bicep

dumbell curls

22.5kg 6 reps each arm

20kg 7 reps each arm for 2 sets

Deadlift

60kg 6 reps

100kg 6 reps

130kg 4 sets of 6 reps (my deadlift number has to go up)

Cleans

60kg 2 sets mostly just playing and doing as many as I felt like for each set, roughly 6-8 reps

seated rows

65 kg 3 sets of 6-8 reps

chins on machine

60kg 3 sets of 8 reps

standing rows

40kg 2 sets with 6-10 reps or thereabouts

reverse flyes machine (Hope you get what I mean)

40kg 3 sets with 8-10 reps

barbell curls

35kg 2 sets 6-8 reps (just as a finisher, felt pretty trashed before this one)

Sunday 16/8

Legs

Fronsquats ATG

warmup with barbell

60kg 5 reps

90kg 4 sets with 2 reps

80kg 4 sets with 3 reps

Legpress machine

140kg 3 sets 6-8 reps

leg curl machine

70kg 3 sets 10 reps

leg extension machine

70kg 3 sets 10 reps

calfs seated lever thingy machine

60kg 20 reps

65kg 2 sets of 20 reps

calf standing machine

full stack plus 40kg 3 sets 10 reps

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David_wigren

• Alawadhi

• nockowt1

• matthcarl

bending 17/8

Was supose to only warm up with grippers but they felt so easy I made it to a workout

Right Hand

#1 couple reps

#2 single

#2.5 single

SM single

MM1 replica single PR this one is a bit tougher than my GM wich is a bit tougher than my #3 so it felt really good closing this one

MM2 replica missed attempt, took it down to about 1/4

Left Hand

#1 couple reps

#2 single

#2.5 single

SM single

#3 missed attempt, got it to about 1/4

SM single

SM down to 1/4

Bending

Warmed up with a G8 with my cut IMP's ( I've cut them down to 8" so they're really thin when rolled up)

Easy shiny IMP's took about 30 seconds

Hard shiny IMP's took me just under 10 minutes. The current shinies seem to be varying quite a bit within the very same batch. Frustrating. I've noticed it before that some of them where harder but this one surprised me a little. Usually I can always take them down 3-5 minutes when they're hard. Oh well it was a perfect bar for this session though. Called it quits after this one

bending 17/8

Was supose to only warm up with grippers but they felt so easy I made it to a workout

Right Hand

#1 couple reps

#2 single

#2.5 single

SM single

MM1 replica single PR this one is a bit tougher than my GM wich is a bit tougher than my #3 so it felt really good closing this one

Left Hand

#1 couple reps

#2 single

#2.5 single

SM single

SM single

SM down to 1/4

Bending

Warmed up with a G8 with my cut IMP's ( I've cut them down to 8" so they're really thin when rolled up)

Hard shiny IMP's took me just under 10 minutes. The current shinies seem to be varying quite a bit within the very same batch. Frustrating. I've noticed it before that some of them where harder but this one surprised me a little. Usually I can always take them down 3-5 minutes when they're hard. Oh well it was a perfect bar for this session though. Called it quits after this one

I actually just noticed this too.. a couple of mine even look slightly different. good to see you starting this up again bro and nice work on the grippers. ive been slacking for the past couple months but i will catch up to you in this bending thing :devil

Nice log to follow! Are the gripper training done with a MMset or?

I havent got the horseshoes yet, was a little misunderstanding in the order but I think they will come this week.

Kör hårt! :rock

I actually just noticed this too.. a couple of mine even look slightly different. good to see you starting this up again bro and nice work on the grippers. ive been slacking for the past couple months but i will catch up to you in this bending thing

I havn't noticed any diffirence about it's apperence. I'll take a closer look at them. I've been slacking a little bendingwise. But with the extra strength I hope to gain through lifting will hopefully help me get stronger at bending.

Nice log to follow! Are the gripper training done with a MMset or?

I havent got the horseshoes yet, was a little misunderstanding in the order but I think they will come this week.

Kör hårt! :rock

They where all MMsets.

I feel intriuged to start with the shoes again too but I'm gonna continue to work hard on my DO bending and then have another serious run with the shoes again in a few months. But I thinkit will be a while before I can do much with that shoe you had

bending 17/8

Right Hand

#1 couple reps

#2 single

#2.5 single

SM single

Left Hand

#1 couple reps

#2 single

#2.5 single

SM single

SM single

SM down to 1/4

Bending

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this and that it just wasn't my imagination. I took down my first two Shines in IMPs from the new batch easily in around 30 seconds, and completely failed two Big Shines in IMPs from the same batch on separate occasions. I threw one of them into fat wraps and I'm pretty sure it took me forever - 15 minutes + - to get it down to 2.25" and I couldn't budge it anymore. It was like trying to crush the Grand Shiny!

It looks like you're putting in some good work at the gym too David. It's nice to see a another fellow bender hitting the big three lifts :rock

Edited by easyWeight

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this and that it just wasn't my imagination. I took down my first two Shines in IMPs from the new batch easily in around 30 seconds, and completely failed two Big Shines in IMPs from the same batch on separate occasions. I threw one of them into fat wraps and I'm pretty sure it took me forever - 15 minutes + - to get it down to 2.25" and I couldn't budge it anymore. It was like trying to crush the Grand Shiny!

It looks like you're putting in some good work at the gym too David. It's nice to see a another fellow bender hitting the big three lifts :rock

Yeah it's anoying to see such varyance between the very same batch. Makes it harder to keep track of your progression. Although the difference here is big enough to let you know what is a hard one and an easy one.

BTW nice work with the imp's.

It would be nice to be able to seperate them from each other and just work on them seperatly.

Tuesday 19/8

press day

Bench (all heavy benches are done with pause on chest)

warmup with bar

60kg 7 reps

90kg 2 reps

100kg single

105kg single

110kg single (almost didn't make it)

95kg 2 reps

90kg 4 sets of 3 reps

military press

50kg 6reps 5reps 3reps

Dips

Body weight plus 25kg 5reps 5reps 5reps 4reps 4reps

Militarypress on machine

40kg 6 reps

35kg 2 sets with 6 reps

fly machine

60kg 8 reps

55kg 8 reps

50kg 7 reps

then just some light tricep excersices

Felt good to get 110kg on the bench. It's far from an all time high PR but it's a PR since I made my comeback in the gym. Everything seems to be improving rapidly

Thursday 20/8

Back and pull day

deadlift

60kg 6 reps

100kg 6 reps

130kg 6 reps (felt weak as a kitten and I pretty much screwed it up techniquewise and was leaning way forward with the bar far away from me. Felt like I tweaked my back in one of the lower verdabran)

120kg 3 reps (felt that something wasn't right so I backed of from deadlifts)

Pretty much screwed up the entire workout because of that but I tried to make the best of it.

dumbell curls

20kg 6 reps

22.5kg 6 reps 6 reps 5 reps

seated rows

70kg 8 reps

60kg 10 reps 10reps

T-Bar rows

40kg 3 sets of 12 reps

chins machine

70kg 7 reps

65kg 7 reps

60kg 7 reps

55kg 7 reps

reverse flyes machine

40kg 3 sets of 9 reps

some shrugs with 35kg dumbells, couple of sets just for fun

had planned to do alot of deadlifting and cleans but I didn't want to push my luck

sunday 23/8

legs

Front squat

warmup with barbell

60kg 8 reps

90kg 2 reps

100kg single (went up pretty easy but I started to notice my back wich is still a little messed up)

90kg 4 sets with 2 reps

Leg press

125kg 8 reps

140kg 7 reps for 2 sets

125kg 7 reps

Leg curl

60kg 7 reps for 3 sets

leg extensions

75kg 8 reps for 3 sets

60kg 10 reps

seated calf machine

60kg 15 reps for 4 sets

standing calf

max machine weights

12 reps for 3 sets

very strong Front Squats David! :rock

are u going to become one bodybuilder? :D

Haha thank you Hugo. I won't become a bodybuilder, I'm to strong to be one :laugh But I plan to put on more size

Did some quick bending on thursday. I found a pile of some old stock from different periods. Tried an old 6.5" shiny that is from prob around feb-may 2008, and made it into a quick workout.

Warmup 7" square

6.5" old shiny bent to 90 on first attempt

Bent down under 2" on second attempt.

Edited by David_wigren

I won't become a bodybuilder, I'm to strong to be one :laugh

That's a great line! :laugh I can't believe I've overlooked your log all this time. Good stuff!

I won't become a bodybuilder, I'm to strong to be one :laugh

That's a great line! :laugh I can't believe I've overlooked your log all this time. Good stuff!

I concur. I definitely don't want to see you prancing around in a thong either :D

I've been resting alot. Seems like my back is taking forever to heal up. Havn't done much bending either. Might just be the longest break from any kind of bending I've had since I started

Did some bending

7" 1/4 square warmup

Easy shiny done in about 10-15 seconds

Another easy shiny don in 10-15 seconds

Normal/hard shiny done in just over a minute

6.5" old shiny bent in just over 15 minutes

• 2 weeks later...

Boy I've gotten laaaaazy lately. I'm not even back here to report any training, cuz I havn't done any at all. Just to say that things arn't going my way right now.

The strain my back suffered while deadlifting was a bit more severe than I initionally had thought. I thought I used good technique for it cuz I use to do some olympic lifting a few years back. But all that technique was gone. I realize now when I was going through the motion again that I hardly bent my legs at all and where doing stiffed legged deadlifts. With the bar far away from me to boot. I have no idea how that happened :blush . But I am paying for it now with a hurt back. Havn't seen a doctor since I don't feel that it's that bad. I feel that it will go away in time and I have recently begun stretching my back, wich seem to help.

As if that wasn't enough I've been sick all week. Real sick, like I havn't been in years.

Spent to much time with women. Well to much time with women isn't possible, but enough to enterupt my training.

I will be back though. I've gotten my hands on a bunch of horseshoes and as soon as my back is ok I will put a serious effort to bend some big shoes