Swedish Log

David_wigren

Bastard in 11 seconds? Damn that's strong :mosher You need to contact IM or I will do it for you :D Seriously you are more than ready now.

x2

If you keep up at this rate you might be able to challenge Wes for the fastest cert bend on a red (the fastest I've ever seen).

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David_wigren

• Alawadhi

• nockowt1

• matthcarl

Thanks for your suport guys! I finally decided not to be such a pu**y and contacted IM early this morning. Recived their response quickly and they're currently finding a witness to verify the bend.

I imagine that it will prolly take place in the first half of January. Due to the holidays I'll be pretty busy until the new year, probobly the witness will be aswell. The best where to be if he lived in the same town or at least very near it. Then We could just do it at the local powerlifting gym.

And about the Edgins, I thought that this problem did only first occur at shorter lengths and and with big G8s, not already from the 7" G5. The fear of bar snapping is messing up my form as I don't want it close my throat.

Wes did it in like 5-6 seconds. Acorn did it in about 8 (with a bad start I think, like 5-6 seconds actual bending time). I'm more fast than I am strong. And of corse I'll try to do it as fast as I can, shooting for a 1 second bend :cool I'm predicting a time anywhere from 20-40seconds (A red is harder than a bastard from my experience)

15/12

Bastard bent in 14 sec

9 sec Time PR

24 sec (really bad first hit and off center, didn't go for speed on this one). All 3 with IMP

Shiny bastard (150mm between legs) took it down to 126mm

118mm

115mm

107mm

106mm

I'm slowly but kind of fast getting better at the 90degree position and the crushdown. All thanks to isos, just hitting it with all I got for 6-8 seconds

I miss DU :( I'll be working more with DU bends as soon as I'm done with the cert

15/12

Bastard bent in 14 sec

9 sec Time PR

24 sec (really bad first hit and off center, didn't go for speed on this one). All 3 with IMP

118mm

115mm

107mm

106mm

I'm slowly but kind of fast getting better at the 90degree position and the crushdown. All thanks to isos, just hitting it with all I got for 6-8 seconds

I miss DU :( I'll be working more with DU bends as soon as I'm done with the cert

Have you considered trying to cert DU? I wonder if anyone has done that before?

15/12

Bastard bent in 14 sec

9 sec Time PR

118mm

115mm

107mm

106mm

Have you considered trying to cert DU? I wonder if anyone has done that before?

Hehe that would be awsome! I already notified IM so I'll be certing in just a few weeks time. I'm miles and miles away from DU bending any reds.

My next bending session will be DU, I'll attempt the G8 then and see where I'm at. Not hoping for to much though, I struggled alot with a 5" G5 just to get 15-20 degrees in it. But that was a bit of an off day I think(hope). But DU bending a bastard will be one of many goals for 2008. I would like to say reverse aswell. But I suck at reverse wich is kind of funny when I think of it. Because when I first started bending my reverse was way stronger than my DO.

There's alot of guys that can DU reds but I don't think anyone has certed that way. I could be wrong though

Well todays workout went great and bad. Really really bad. Probobly not, but mentaly baaad!

Started of with bending the st croix size 2 horseshoe. That felt pretty cool, bending a horse shoe.

DU

5,5" G5 went down really easy. Didn't fight much at all

5" G5 nope. Got a kink in it but didn't bother to measure it

6" G8 wobbled it by getting it to 5 degrees. Wich is good I guess. First time I tried a G8

7" Bastard (ment to be isometric) But looking at it afterwards, it actually got a really small mini mini kink. Not visible to the naked eye. But when I placed it down on a smooth surface I could see that there was definitly some damage done to it!

DO

Isometrics with a shiny bent to 90 degrees. Bending it only slightly every time I hit it. Did that about 9-10 times.

And here's where the scary part begins. I wrapped a bastard up with IMP. This was pretty much just for a finish to a good workout.

Very nonchalant first hit and that sucker barely moved! Looked at it and thought "what the?", got angry and hit it with everything I got and it moved a bit. Did that for like a minute straight, not taking it down. I settled my ego down and doubled wrapped it and finished it (with a bit of a struggle). Really off center like 0,5".

I scratched my head and didn't know what to think. After I layed it next to another bastard I noticed that this one was darker. Quickly went to my pile of steel and saw that I have both the shinier bastards and the dark bastards. And up to this point I had only bent the shinier looking ones. always picked from the same bundle up til this one.

I can defenitly say that theese new dark ones is stronger than the reds I've been bending. And this leeds me to worry that I might have been bending easy reds and easy bastards. I may be in for an unpleasant surprise for the cert. But then again this was toward the end of the workout so I might have been slighly off. I'll rest up for a few days and try another dark one with IMP when I'm fresh

A couple of advice. first take away your double padding since. Only use ONE IM pads till your cert. don't worry you skilled that bastard in about 9 seconds. And that shinier bastard is not easy. 450 pounds! The darker one accoring to Liam and me is a bit harder than the old Hex (485 pounds). The kink on these both are about the same to 20 or 25 degrees. But after than the Hex is a bit weaker. So in other words, you can kill a hex in IM pads :mosher

Here are a bit of helpful topic by Liam:-

Liam trying the G2 bolt

The new Hex is harder than the older hex A LOT. Even Brendan (a shiny bender with EASE) injured himself trying to bend it.

The dark bastard are Evil, mre than the new reds.

Bending layoff although is good for some people, but for others like liam will affect them. Maybe this is your problem?

So the bottom line is, you are more than strong enough to cert on the red :rock

A couple of advice. first take away your double padding since. Only use ONE IM pads till your cert. don't worry you skilled that bastard in about 9 seconds. And that shinier bastard is not easy. 450 pounds! The darker one accoring to Liam and me is a bit harder than the old Hex (485 pounds). The kink on these both are about the same to 20 or 25 degrees. But after than the Hex is a bit weaker. So in other words, you can kill a hex in IM pads :mosher

Here are a bit of helpful topic by Liam:-

Liam trying the G2 bolt

The new Hex is harder than the older hex A LOT. Even Brendan (a shiny bender with EASE) injured himself trying to bend it.

The dark bastard are Evil, mre than the new reds.

Bending layoff although is good for some people, but for others like liam will affect them. Maybe this is your problem?

So the bottom line is, you are more than strong enough to cert on the red :rock

Thank you very much Alawadhi!

Great information there. You have succesfully taken my worries and fears away. I'll try the 450 lbs bastard right before the dark one, to feel the difference. From what I felt last night it really was a world of difference. But trying one next to the other would be more accurate.

Again thank you! You really helped me on this one!

Felt good today so I felt I had to test the strength difference between the dark and the shinier looking bastards.

Warmed up with a G8

Shinier bastard (450) with IMP went down in just over 9 seconds.

Rested for about 7-8 minutes to be 100% sure I wasn't fatiqed. Attempted The Dark bastard (480+?) and got a small kink on it.

Yeah this settles it, no doubt that dark one is way tougher than the 450lbs one! Tried a FBBC stainless 7" x 5/16 after it with IMP. I got a way bigger kink on the stainless than I did on the dark bastard. Attempted the dark bastard again and moved it a bit further. But even after 2 attempts together the kink on the dark bastard was still smaller then the one I got on the stainless.

For a final I bent a 5" G8 (with thick pads) comfortable bend. Don't know the speed but way under a minute, not going for speed.

I remember me and David Horne said that once. But Autolupus said a good thing once. You don't know until you bend them fully :D The shiny get meaner and meaner the more you bend them. And at the end, it will be harder than thise dark evil bastards. But I agree the initial kink is harder. I have mentioned this somewhere but I can't remember where. Here is David hornes and mine post http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=24043&hl=

Don't worry, if you can kink it more than 30 degrees then it will fall for sure. Just try bending it till it dies. Even if it takes 2 hours.

Next goal will be to bend a dark bastard in IMP. :cool even if it does take 2 hours! Just 2 hours of fun in my opinion! :D

Very early bending session woke up 5am. Started bending about 5:30 am. Wich is usually a bad idea because my body always seem to take all day to get started and going. But not this time!

Started with a 5" g5 wich got banana crazy offcenter. 1 1/4" off! A very wierd looking troofy.

easy bastard IMP 9 sec

Easy bastard IMP 8 sec

Next a KOAB with thick pads. No budge. Just had to try it

Grand bastard bent really easy to just past 90 degrees then complete stuck. I mean really easy up to 90.

pre kinked mag bastard from 22 to 61 degrees.

3 one-hit attempts on a huge bastard. got it to just past 90 degrees. Damn my weak crush! I HATE MY CRUSH!

Dark bastard IMP. My index fingers had already begun to swell up and hurt a little from the attempts on the huge bastard. But I decided to really, really not care about pain. REALLY! Didn't time it but got it in around 3 minutes I would guess. Not going animated and crazy. Just placed my hands in the right position and applied preassure slowly in the start and then went as hard as I could, really not giving a damn about pain. Got a kink. I put the nail down hand shook my hands around a bit. Still not mental just focosed. Picked it up and repositioned my hands, got it to about 45 degrees. Hit it again and got it to 90. Here it became alot easier, but I still didn't go fast. and crushed it down to under about 1 3/4.

Wanted to get one on camera but the next one didn't go so well. Got a kink and then got a cut on my right index finger. Decided that enough was enough and that I've gotten all the PRs I need for this day.

I gotta cert soon! IM still hasn't found a witness. No real hurry though as I'm pretty busy during the holidays and whom ever will be the witness prolly will be aswell. But If I don't cert soon and hang up my IMPs on the wall for a while soon I'm gonna start liking pain I think

Edited by David_wigren

Well done on the dark bastard :rock I knew you could do it. Don't be discouraged about the grand. I remember my first time attempting the huge it was just like you. It went to 90 FAST. And I mean really fast that I thought this steel will go down without trouble. But it got stuck at 90. But it will fall after w while. Keep training :rock

Thanks man, I'm currently gaining weight so I'll get some strength just from that, perticurlarly chest strength wich will help my crushdown. I hope! Right now I'm at a skinny 180. Will try to hit around 200.

But hey man how's your palms looking? Tore my finger as I mentioned, but not to bad. If I tape it good I think I could bend just fine. In a week or 2 it should be completly healed

I think my palms are ready to bend. Today I will be out in my farm with my friends and will try to do many 60ds bends in everyway possible with thin pads. I might try the mighty red after that in IM pads. Will see.

Read my log post #151 :D I did report what happened in the farm today!

It's great to hear that everyone seem to be getting some huge PRs now, myself included. Todays workout.

DU

Started with a yellow cut to 4"ish

G5 5" without head. fully bent pretty easy. It seems that without the head it gets more easy.

G8 nope, JH head if that makes any difference. I hear that JH marked G5 is loads harder, maybe the same aplies with G8s (I hope)

DO

previous Magbastard at 61 degrees moved to 72 degress

again moved to 78 degrees, 100mm between legs

Shiny bastard, great attempt moved it to about 90degrees, 125mm between legs

101mm between legs

95mm

92mm

78mm

76mm

65mm

54mm

52mm

51mm

50mm DONE! Great PR for me to get a shiny in one session. One can really tell how this piece of steel really ramps up toward the end. Also something i noticed that you can try for yourself is that even if stainless is non magnetic, after you've bent it becomes just slightly magnetic on the kurve. So clearly there is some chemical prosses going on in the steel. Perhaps the reason why it gets so much harder toward the end

Grand bastard bent past 90 degrees a bit. Damn I really hoped to get this one

Huge bastard bent in about 3 minutes, way way off center. about 1" off center.

I've noticed that alot of my DO bends are starting to get more off center more often and I can tell that it is all due to that I bend it more with my right while more or less just holding it with my left. I'll have to work on that.

Also Ironmind has found my witness :D Emailed him and will call him later to set up an exact date. It's going to take 2-3 weeks for the nails to arive so it'll be in mid january toward the end perhaps.

GREAT workout! And all those in IM pads? And yes I just tried the magnets on my bent shiny bastard. Wow it's true. Something is going on inside the steel :D It was smart thinking of you :mosher You don't need this, but I will say it anyway. Good luck in your cert :rock

No no not with ironmind pads. I wish! Since my leather wraps are to thick to be of any use I have made a compromise. I'm using double wraps. First is an old shredded piece of ironmind wraps cut down to about 7-8 inches. and over thoose I use regular ironmind wraps. Works great cuz it doesn't murder my hands. I used this last workout because I have a small cut on my right index finger, and I don't want to risk ripping it further.

But regardless of wraps used this was by far my most powerful workout ever. The steel just didn't feel as hard as it used to.

Hey I'll take some of that luck just to be sure :D thank you!

Yeah I just wanted to ad that when I had about 3" between the legs of the shinyB I rewrapped it using only IMP. It worked better that way

Edited by David_wigren

Ment to rest today, but I decided to try the Diamond size 1 horseshoe. And boy! After well over 2 hours I finally got past 90 degrees on that thing. I don't think my legs will look pretty tomorrow

My legs are already starting to bruise up :cool

I realized that I won't be doing any bends tomorrow. I actually didn't realized it's new years eve. And since I welt really alert and full of energi, I thought it'd be good to do some bending

G8 warmup

Dark bastard in IMP done in 24 sec PR Didn't even hurt. Could've done it faster bit my wound on my index finger is far from healed.

Pre kinked dark bastard (the one from a couple of days ago that tore my finger up) finished it in 24seconds aswell.

Shiny bastard in IMP. Got the biggest kink I've gotten so far on this steel. Could have gone further but I felt that my wound was starting to open up, so I didn't bother to try and bend it further.

Let the red dragon come!

The red dragon will be the red pussy cat as soon as you lay your hands on him :D dude, that's amazing workout. I don't think with all my might I will be able to get the dark bastard that soon (thats IF i got it in IM pads :D )

LET THE RED PUSSY CAT COME!!! :D

I was surprised that it went so easy this time. I was prepared for hell but hell never came. That's why I tried the same piece that stopped me the last time. Cuz if I could bend that thing it ment that it really was a dark one. I looked at the steel and saw that it was darker but I wasn't convinced and I wanted to be sure. The shiny felt esier to. But I never got a chance to really get mental on it. Maybe next time. Hoping to get it to around 45 degrees or something like that.

You'll get a dark in IMP, you got the red! That's a step in the right direction!

Just save some dark ones. Mine are running out. I have 6-7 left. But I got a couple of dark looking huge bastards. Havn't tried them so I don't know their strength.

Have a happy new year Alawadhi, and everyone else too of course! I'm feeling that 2008 will be a great year

Thanks Gazza! Yeah I'm getting some more soon. I'm a bit scared of stainless. It sounds rediculus but when I try stainless I'm already set that I will fail on the crush