Easyweight's Grip Log

easyWeight

No problem Hugo, I hope it helps!

I did a couple little bends today,

Bending:

5x1/4 HRS DU IMP

7mmx150mm DU IMP

and wobbled a G8 DU IMP :P

A couple technical PRs since I haven't done much DU or IMP bending much less together :) Both pretty easy though! My DU technique was also much better. I put the pads in close together, kept my hands up high and didn't bend over too much this time and totally destroyed the 7mm.

I need to take a few days off I think. My shoulders are pretty sore!

Edited by easyWeight

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• easyWeight

• ewokhugo

• cberg

• gumpster

Top Posters In This Topic

good work Darin! i receive one pair of IM wraps today!

much harder than leather alone? how does it feels in your hands(pain?)

good work Darin! i receive one pair of IM wraps today!

much harder than leather alone? how does it feels in your hands(pain?)

They're noticeably harder than the wraps I use, but the IMPs are only about a 1/4" thinner diameter wrapped up than my double wraps, so it's not a huge difference for me. I think the biggest problem I've had is getting the IMPs to roll tight. I've taken to rolling them up around something thinner than what I'm bending and that seems to get them pretty tight for the bend. Also, they do feel different overall because of the material they're made of. As for the pain, it's not much worse for me. I'm going to attempt a Red Nail in them in the near future and I guess I'll find out for sure how much different I bend in them :)

Edited by easyWeight

thanks Darin!

i knew it!

u are going for the IM red nail Cert!!

Well, eventually. I still need to bend a Red in the IMPs!

red nail im wraps ... what about one bastard? :rock

Maybe eventually!

Did a little more bending this evening, which was just stupid, I'm seriously putting it all away for a week now!! I need a break :(

w/u T Spikes

6x1/4 CRS DU IMP

6x1/4 G5 DU IMP ~ one of my goals, but I'm disappointed because it was easier than the CRS bend

7x1/4 FBBC Square DU IMP ~ Not a good DU, only kinked it about 20deg, finished DO

Then moved a Red Nail I started Yesterday in IMPs a little more. My shoulders are in need of a serious rest!! So NO BENDING FOR A WEEK!!!! <<<<<<<<<<< :angry: .......hopefully.

congrats for the g5 du bend! i bend one from fbcc (5,5"x1/4" DO IM wraps just to get the felling: my first im wraps bend)another was using my 7 mm stock(the one u killed using DU)

... the g5 its slightly harder.

try the 5.5" g5 next time , it will give u some challenge(hope not:-)

i understand perfectly your desire to keep going with bending ("forever") ... for me 7 days its too much , i suggest 3 days off then 1 week (DELOAD),what do u think?

Well, Hugo, I said I wasn't going to bend for a week, but you were right; that's too long! Thanks for the comment too :)

DO Bending:

w/u 2 Spikes, 6x1/4 CRS

6x1/4 G8

Shiny Bastard! It absolutely melted!! :rock :rock :rock Video uploading to my YouTube!

Hexabastardxmiss ~ I'm learning to really hate this thing!! I gave it a wobble this time. One end laid flat on a table, the other end was about 3mm off. This is my new objective. Kill the Hex!!

Finished Red Nail in IMPs from a previous 20-30deg kink/wobble :rock

I think if I go at a Red in IMPs fresh it'll go down no problem. I just have a real hard time getting it positioned in the IMPs for the kink, it just doesn't feel quite right! But the sweep and crush were no problem.

Messed around with #2 and #2.5 CoC Grippers. Played with CCS, TNS and Parallel; a few closes on each, only parallel on #2.5

I also bought a sledge handle to load plates on for lever work - handle length to bottom of plates is 30":

Lever

2x10 @ 2.5lbs Front rh/lh

1x8 @ 5lbs Front rh/lh ~ I'm rather weak on front lever

2x10 @ 5lbs Rear rh/lh

1x5-6 @ 10lbs Rear rh/lh

3x1 @ 10lbs overhead rh/lh ~ pretty easy

2x10 @ 2.5lb twists rh/lh

Edited by easyWeight

just watched you kill that shiny. nice one man! definitely cut it down shorter next time cause that was way too easy for you. also on the hex if you can get past the kink, it is done. good luck on it man

Darin,

i think your hexabastard its from another planet , shouldnt be harder than the shiny but it may be from a crazy stock.

COngrats for the shiny and red nail in IM wraps.

seems to be the same for u : red nail,bastard,golden,shiny ...whats inside u MAN? anger, passion, attitude?? maybe ALL of them!

PRomise me : go for the 2009 iowa strongman with this spirit , will u?

Edited by ewokhugo

Outstanding job on the Shiny! :rock You're probably good for a huge at least.

just watched you kill that shiny. nice one man! definitely cut it down shorter next time cause that was way too easy for you. also on the hex if you can get past the kink, it is done. good luck on it man

Thanks Caolan!! I'm devising a plan of progression that I hope will both continue making me stronger while hitting consistent PRs. So aside from the Hex (which I think I'm going to keep tucked away for a while), I'm going to take it slow - 1/2" at a time - and try to avoid failing. Regular PRs keep the head strong! The plan is simply to cycle back down to the Red Nail at 6.5", then Big Bastard, Big Golden, Big Shiny. If I conquer all those, then it'll be onto the Huge lengths. So that's roughly 4 weeks of hopeful PRs. My hope is by the time I've conquered a Big Shiny, the Huge Red will melt with little effort, and so on. Also I'll be ready to destroy that Hex, or over prepared so it just dies once and for all :)

Darin,

i think your hexabastard its from another planet , shouldnt be harder than the shiny but it may be from a crazy stock.

COngrats for the shiny and red nail in IM wraps.

seems to be the same for u : red nail,bastard,golden,shiny ...whats inside u MAN? anger, passion, attitude?? maybe ALL of them!

PRomise me : go for the 2009 iowa strongman with this spirit , will u?

Thanks brother!

One problem with that Hex may be that the two times I've attempted it have been right after big bends :P I don't know why it won't kink for me though. There's something definitely different about it.

I think my bending is a combination of all those things you listed :) You have to get your adrenaline rolling so you just don't feel anything; don't care; get pissed off; and you really have to want it. Seriously, when I was warming up my wrists were still noticeable sore from last session's DU and I was a little worried that might interfere with my Shiny attempt. But, I got so psyched out I didn't feel a thing, just the smooth give of puny steel (you have to believe that!) hehe.

As for Iowa's Strongest man, I'll probably not be doing that competition this year. It's pretty far away. The only reason I competed there last year was because my whole crew went there (a couple trying for their Pro Card) and it was my first comp. I have a long way to go before I win strongman comps. My pressing sucks bad!

I'll be competing in a few other contests though and you better believe I'll do my best one way or another! :rock

Thanks for the support Hugo!

Outstanding job on the Shiny! :rock You're probably good for a huge at least.

Thanks Perry! It went much better than I anticipated. I think the IM Red Nail Cert and hitting all the Big cuts is my next goal. Huge will fall in due time :)

Nice bending, man. Lotta PRs in here-

Thanks man! Things ARE going well on this end of training :rock

Today

Loadable Sledge Work all rh/lh (and weight all the way on the end this time :) )

Front Lever

1x10 @ 2.5

2x8 @ 5 ~ did a few first holding the end, then choked up on the handle for these two sets. Seems 2.5lbs is really light, but 5 is tough for this movement for me

Rear Lever

1x10 @ 2.5

1x10 @ 5

1x6 @ 7.5

1x6ish @ 10

OH Lever

1x5 @ 2.5

1x3 @ 5

1x3 @ 7.5

1x2 @ 10 ~ I think I'm probably good for around 12.5-15. Need to invest in some extra 5lbers

Twists side-to-side

2x8 @ 2.5

1x6ish @ 5 choked up...these are brutal!

I'm really loving this exercise. My handle is also really slick and tough to hold on to. Good.

Edited by easyWeight

Darin,

good work with the sledge!

your last youtube video(10 lbs) was too easy! i think u have potencial to double it by the end of the year.

Thanks Hugo!

Today

Loadable Sledge Lever all rh/lh - weight on the end:

Overhead

1x5 @ 5

1x3 @ 10

1x1 @ 12.5

1x1 @ 15 ~ rh was strong and fairly easy, although bringing it down was a little tough, going up was a piece of cake. lh was a little sloppy going up as it drifted to the right and I had to turn to balance it. I think the real limiting factor here is wrist mobility/flexibility. I've casually done light levering for a few years, but nothing this heavy. Felt a significant amount of stress on the wrists. Hopefully now that I'm a little more serious about levering that will go away eventually :rock

Front

2x8-10 @ 5 choked up

Rear

1x10 @ 5

1x10ish @ 10

Twists, sup to pro

2x8 @ 5 choked up

One-hand DL:

2x2-3 @ 185

1x1 @ 205

1x1 @ 225 ~ missed left...not surprising after the sledge work heh

Nice lever. You doing those supinations and pronations braced on the leg or what?

Thanks Matt! No, standing arm straight out.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I haven't done much lately. I was out of town and building some farmer's implements late last week and didn't find time to do much bending. However, I did do my first ever braced bend - 31"x1/2" Re-bar - not too tough. It was just something that was laying around. Bent it probably around a good 315ish degrees. I lost my leverage there and couldn't figure out how to bend it further. Not bad.

Then I got pretty darn sick, and still sick. Started with a nifty cold which turned into a bad sinus and bronchial infection...that's the first in almost a year though! The pressure has come off my head today a bit so I decided to try some bending.

Today

DO Bending:

w/u 2 Timber Spikes

7mmx150mm SS ~ it is shorter than the Shiny, so not much comparison, but by feel it is definitely harder to crush IMO

6.5" Red crushed down to about 1.5" spread, easy

Then finished some odds and ends

HKT G2 6x5/16 ~ wobbled it a bit a month or so ago. I believe Foxman equated the kink on the HKT G2s to a Huge Bastard somewhere before...crush was fairly easy, down to 1.25" spread

7x5/16" CRS ~ my own stock, started with a good 15-20deg kink from a couple months ago. I'm convinced this stuff is harder than the current FBBC Bastard stock.

Then hit what turned out to be ISOs on a Red in IMPs....thought I'd finish this one too, but oh well.

That's enough for a sick day hah.

Edited by easyWeight

nice to see you back at it! nice day of bending for being sick. I dont think I could do all that on a good day :bow

i knew it Darin!

after u got stick u will cameback stronger than ever!

u had a good bending day i think!

i have one of these g2 bolts , will eventually give it a try soon because my kink its not bad at the moment.

congrats u murdered the 6.5" red!

nice to see you back at it! nice day of bending for being sick. I dont think I could do all that on a good day :bow

Haha, says the guy who recently put a good hurting on a Huge Hex ;) Thanks Caolan

i knew it Darin!

after u got stick u will cameback stronger than ever!

u had a good bending day i think!

i have one of these g2 bolts , will eventually give it a try soon because my kink its not bad at the moment.

congrats u murdered the 6.5" red!

Oh, no that was done while I was sick Hugo. I need to get in and see a doctor I think because this bloody sinus and chest thing isn't going away....maybe getting worse actually :( Thanks for the kind words though :) When I'm I'm better is when the Big Bastard, Big Golden and Big Shiny fall....and maybe a pseudo Edgin - pseudo because it's not a "triangle" :D

My hand was feeling OK today, so I decided to get in some DO bending with IMPs...I think the IMPs really showcase how weak my kink is...chest is pretty sore from bending the other day and still sick :(

DO Bending:

4.25"x1/4" CRS DO Fat Pads ~ hehe, just a scrap piece laying around, easy

IMP Only for the Rest

6x1/4 G5

7x1/4 Square CRS ~ pretty easy

6x1/4 G8 ~ slightly pre-wobbled, tough

Red Nail ~ from previous 15-20deg kink, finishing the kink was harder than the G8, but the sweep and crush were considerably easier IMO.

Ugh, and failed on a Big Bastard (in Fat Pads), AGAIN!!!! Last time I know I just wasn't in the groove, but this time...I don't know, maybe I was just gassed this time - got stuck at the 15-20deg mark, which is normally where I fail when I do. There's really no reason I should be failing on this though. I guess I'll have to just take a few days break and make sure to hit the Big Bastard earlier in the session.

Edited by easyWeight

Darin,

its good to know u are going for the red cert soon!!!heheeh i know it bro!

next time bend the big bastard in your second bend when u are fresh,this way i dont see any chances for the "punny" steel to keep alive!